Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by vid1900
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

So I just rebuilt all 4 flippers in my machine, sleeves, springs, plunger arms and bushings. three of the flippers are working great however, the fourth one is weak, lags and is slow. I had a hard time getting the sleeve in this one as it would not go in, the old sleeve came out just fine with no issues, but I had to tap the new one is.

I know that coils either work or don't, So I don't think it is a coil issue. End of Stroke switch seems to be ok, but maybe needs to be replaced.

Any Ideas what could be causing this?

#3 10 years ago

it is a big guns, 4 flippers total.

I will check the flipper again, the assembly seems to be moving freely, but I will double check. I dont think it is crocked but I will check that as well and make sure the screws are tight. Will post what I find

Nsmith

#4 10 years ago

LTG I found the issue, I inadvertently had opened the EOS switch when I rebuilt the flipper, as it was in an open position, it was causing the flipper to be weak. Thank you for the suggestions you made as I took a closer look and found the problem.

#5 10 years ago

Now I have another issue, the bottom left flipper is now chattering or rapid firing. Is this a bad coil ?

it worked fine before I rebuilt the flipper

#7 10 years ago

Found the issue on this flipper, EOS switch was not closing all the way, adjusted and now works with no issues

3 months later
    #11 10 years ago

HI Rferullo,

the VUK kicker spring has some screws that hold it to the underside of the play field. Many times these screws become lose causing the kicker to sit further down then it should. see if they are lose and tighten them and then give the game a try.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nsmith.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilt-flipper-lagging-a-weak?tu=nsmith and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.