Hi folks - thanks to the wealth of information I found here I was able to transport my childhood pinball machine from my parents place today and replaced many of the components on the power board to fix the display issue I’d been seeing before. Digits are looking way way better. But now I’ve got a new symptom - I get I mild electric shock when I touch the latch to open up the back box and when I touch the rails on the cabinet.
The wall plug appears to be missing a ground pin and I’m planning to fix that this week. Does it seem likely that the shock issue will resolve when I do that or is it indicative of a bad board repair? The pin seems to start up fine.
I’m wondering if there had always been a little voltage getting discharged into the pin and the crappy voltage pre-capacitor swap just might have masked it? The other major variable that changed is that the pin is in my garage on a cement floor vs on carpet previously - maybe it’s just not grounding in the same way?
Anyway, very much appreciate your thoughts.
Edit: Worth noting I followed Vid’a bulletproofing guide to replace components on the power board.