rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ww2guru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#601 5 years ago

I was just told about this project. Ill be waiting to hear bout your latest release

4 weeks later
#696 5 years ago

Can all of these processes be accomplished on a Mac?

2 months later
#812 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Ill hopefully know soon. I was unable to remove the DAC in one piece (soldering iron slipped and hit one of those tiny ass resistors off and instantly lost it on the carpeted floor ‍♂️) and have a new one arriving soon. Wish there was a cheaper/faster way of getting them than either $7 off of amazon or 45 days from aliexpress.

Digikey is less than 24 hours for every order I’ve ever made

3 weeks later
#828 4 years ago

Anyone have a picture of a completed 2.5d/e board for WPC with DCS sound? I have an orphaned connector and I dont know if that because I got the on board power supply? My OLED display won't come on and I cant get any sound out of this thing even while using the UI to command sounds. And FYI the mounting holes to hold the board down dont match for a DCS machine.

Added over 5 years ago:

Going back thru the thread I found a picture from about a month ago with an assembled WPC board, it doesn't mention DCS but its the same as what I have built here so for now thats what i'll work with. I was able to get the sound to work from the 1/8 jack for bench testing and also got the display to work. These only came to life after doing a fresh install of 1.27. I couldn't get any of these things to work on 1.25 after multiple card reflashes. I'm using a Pi 3B+ and have no idea if the display and sound issues were related to that. I thought 1.25 was the latest version as that is what is reflected on the tilt audio site and the bintray link in the boards browser UI. I really found 1.27 by accident reading the thread. Now Im looking to solve the scrambled sound set issue for my IJ.

1 week later
#831 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

New firmware 1.28 is out: https://mega.nz/#!l4xyDI5I!qoBXKPpOlxKabubys3AqH6tNBpEhtj0eJvP5bU4uTSY
It has a few bugfixes and especially support for the port extender (with board rev 2.5f and newer)
To use extension port you simply can reuse the serialCmd field in the sound effect details. New 1.28 recognized a few additional commands:
1. all commands for the serial media server (like before): PLAY, STOP und PLAYONEOF
2. NEW commands for the port extender: PORT x ON, PORT x OFF oder PORTSEQ x n1 n2 n3 ...
You can also combine both comamnd types in one, just use a colon as separator. X is the placeholder for the port number with the range 100-115 -> 16 outputs. The n1, n2 ... values are timespans of milli seconds, in order to playback a sequence. The port pin then toggles on and off.
There is also a new settings page in the web ui, that allows for testing GPIOs and commands in general:
[quoted image]
Br Steve

Im assuming this is an update patch file and not the large main file?

2 months later
#908 4 years ago

Yes you can power the pi thru the USB-c port. 2.1 amp will do it. I use a battery pack that has a 2.1 amp output.

4 months later
#1028 4 years ago

It’s been several months since Steve posted on this thread even though he continued to visit pinside as recently as 10-12 days ago. At least take the time to say youre busy or anything really. I got into this project on a recommendation from another member telling me this was easier and better than pinsound. Between the scattered support, ambiguous instructions, failure to launch and lack of comms I feel like I wasted my time and money. I’ve been patient but that’s over. I don’t recommend this product in its current form at all.

1 month later
#1065 4 years ago

I don’t know if it’s been discussed before, but does the pinsound board unscramble sound sets when it’s loading a new set from USB? Could I then take that decompressed file it made On the USB stick and use it in the tilt audio?

10 months later
#1246 3 years ago

Im assuming the older board versions are backwards compatible with the newest software releases? I don't see it specifically mentioned.

And the WPC communication timing issue won't be a problem now?

Added over 3 years ago:

Is the timing issue solution a hardware repair or done in software? What boards did it affect?

1 month later
#1394 3 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

The firmware is backwards compatible, sorry if that was not explicitly mentioned. There is one exception though: if you still want to use the old style pot volume control with data east cabinet pot, you need to change the R C values. The old values did not allowed precise enough measurement so the new firmware requires bigger rc time constant.
The wpc timing issue was always more a hardware problem, because of an inappropriate mixture of smc chip set. You need to change the 74LVX00 if your board has one of those. Please contact me if this was a problem on your board.
Forgot to mention: there is a new firmware out 1.31 see https://tiltaudio.com/changelog
Br Steve

Taking a look at that now. U2 is an LCX, U4 LVX, U3 LCX

2 years later
#2006 4 months ago
Quoted from texasbulldog:

steve45 Is an updated image something you can provide? Unfortunately I do not have an old Pi (or the software skills) so this solution will not work for me.
Karl

Sadly he hasnt been on the site in about a year let alone posting in here when he was on this site back then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
London, ON
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 20.00
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 1.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

£ 110.00
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ww2guru.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi?tu=ww2guru and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.