rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjoravec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1704 2 years ago

Anyone got a picture of V3.7 assembled or instructions? Looks like it has connector for WPC and WPC95 boards.

2 weeks later
#1717 2 years ago

Has anyone tweak the settings to get it load faster yet? Just wondering if someone has a good configuration to get the Pi to start up faster.

1 week later
#1722 2 years ago

How long does it take to get a license?

#1725 2 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

Did you get one from Steve yet? Maybe check your spam.

I got my licenses. Thanks

1 month later
#1751 2 years ago

Looking for some help, this is driving me crazy.

I am trying to put a Tilt Audio board in my STTNG. The original sound board works just fine.

I setup the Tilt Audio board, with sounds files in the data\sound folder and a raspisound.ini with vendor=5 for WPC DCS.

I also have the license key file in the \data folder

I wired up the speakers correctly.

The Tilt Audio board will boot up and play the intro voice announce the version number and loads the sounds files.

BUT, I get no game sounds when I start the game.

I am also able to use the Web UI and play the sounds and that works fine, but the game will not play any sounds.

I took the exact same Tilt audio board and put it in a friends STTNG without changing anything and it played just fine, boots up and gets all game sounds.

I also put my original sound board back in and it works just fine.

I have a Raspberry Pi 3B+.

Any thoughts on what to look for, it doesn't seems to be the Tilt Audio board since it works in my friends STTNG.

Thanks

#1753 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Can you hear sound/music when triggering them manually with the webui?
Can you check the log to see if Tiltaudio detects sound commands?
And lastly... Which board révision is this?
Regards

I can hear the sounds when I trigger them manually with the Web UI.

I will check the logs, anything in particular to look for?

Ver 3.7 board with 1.37 firmware.

Thanks

#1755 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Wait, so it worked just fine in a different machine but not yours? Thats crazy. I would boot it up and grab the log, that's where the magic of what's going on (or not) will be.
Just some random thoughts. Are you both on the same ROM version on the machine? Any chance you could borrow his cable to test with? Maybe CPU as well?

That is what is driving me crazy that it worked in my friends STTNG. I am getting him to burn the same ROM image he is using and I ordered a new set of cables.

I used the same Game ROM image that mine friend used and another cable from a working Adams Family and still nothing UGGGGH.

#1756 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Wait, so it worked just fine in a different machine but not yours? Thats crazy. I would boot it up and grab the log, that's where the magic of what's going on (or not) will be.
Just some random thoughts. Are you both on the same ROM version on the machine? Any chance you could borrow his cable to test with? Maybe CPU as well?

I brought up the Web UI and turned on live logging with trace setting. When I play sounds through the Web UI I can see all the live log information happening.

But, when I start a game, nothing show up in the live log. Shouldn't I see log activity when I start a game and sounds should be playing?

Thanks

#1758 2 years ago

Figured out the culprit.

When I unplug the ribbon cable from the Fliptronics board and have it go straight to the Tilt Audio board the sounds works just fine. When I plugged the ribbon cable back in to the Fliptronics board the sounds stops working.

Looks like there is an issue with my Fliptronics board. Going to get a replacement and try it.

Any idea why the Fliptronics board would stop the signal from going to the Tilt Audio board, but still work with an original sound board?

#1764 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Gut feeling, impédance matching.

Gut feeling ? Signal integrity and impedance matching.
That could be caused by a number of factors: ribbon cable, connectors, etc. I would reflow the solder on all connectors, and try a new cable. Pay especially attention to the ground signal (I don't recall though if the original ribbon cable has a ground wire between each signal wire to prevent crosstalk).

Ok So I bought a new Fliptronics board and a new set of ribbon cables, same dang issue. Tilt Audio will work fine as long as it is not plugged in to the Fliptronics board.

Any thoughts?

#1765 2 years ago
Quoted from jjoravec:

Ok So I bought a new Fliptronics board and a new set of ribbon cables, same dang issue. Tilt Audio will work fine as long as it is not plugged in to the Fliptronics board.
Any thoughts?

Finally got it working ended up being an issue with my Rottentdog WPC board, swapped it out and everything worked.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gilroy, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jjoravec.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi?tu=jjoravec and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.