rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbbopt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1252 3 years ago

1) Interested in buying the Tilt board for STTNG since I read about raspy sound few years ago. , is it just the WPC kit then? 3.0 now right.

2) nervous at soldering the smd chips, is there any way to buy a preassembled board kit ( minus raspberry pi) , Or anyone willing to sell me an assembled one on here?

Also planning on buying a pin2dmd excited how that product has grown also.

#1256 3 years ago

Does the image for the device work on raspberry pi 4 or just 3? Thanks!

#1259 3 years ago

Cool I would guess a pi4 is overkill for this so I’ll just order a pi3 for it. I know it’s unrelated but is Germangamingsupplies still best place to buy a full Pin2dmd EVO setup?

#1261 3 years ago

Thanks I’ll check there!

1 month later
#1356 3 years ago

Haven’t received my board yet but plan on putting in my STTNG. Will the board interface error show up and if so will it cause a credit dot?

#1358 3 years ago

Crap the Pin2dmd I use will have a score color issue when I have a credit dot. Hopefully they can fix this at some point is their a way to split the input cable to have same info going to stock soundboard and still have info going to the the tilt board and only having the speakers hooked up to the tilt board?

#1361 3 years ago

I would be interested in the rom option
Currently I have the no flix mod rom someone burned for me back when I first got my STTNG and put leds in 2013/2014

1 month later
#1522 3 years ago

I bought a kit a few months ago almost done finally building it and see that the new revision fixed the sound interface issue on wpc which I really could use since I have a Pin2dmd which doesn’t like credit dot and will mess up the colors. (It looks like the hardware revision is what fixes the sound error)Anyone want to buy a mostly assembled 3.0 in the US so I can buy a 3.5

1 week later
#1562 2 years ago

1.35 on a 3.5 board Wpc Dcs STTNG, happy with board but was hoping to play with the equalizer. Output using 2 of the hifiberry sac options works well with and without software conversion. But when I choose hifiberrydac with equalizer it scrambled the audio and doesn’t function correctly.
2 questions
1)Why doesn’t the equalizer option work?
2) What is the difference between the with and without software conversion?

#1567 2 years ago

I used a pi4 so I thought I should be good

1 week later
#1609 2 years ago

Trying to get custom chime installed. Replaced original boot.ogg using ssh with winscp but now it doesn’t play it. Tried putting old one back and that won’t play either now. I do have it installed in the settings boot chime yes. Any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks! Loving the new sound on My STTNG

#1615 2 years ago

Here’s the winscp screenshot. When I uploaded the new boot.ogg it had similar rights as the other files except owner was pi instead of root. If I need to change it to root I’m not sure exactly how. When I redownloaded the original it also said owner was pi and didn’t play. I also had tried putting boot.ogg in the boot/data/sounds on sd card before attempting access to despi section, but no luck with that either

3094E6EF-16F4-4092-B291-B5F05B2F5008 (resized).png3094E6EF-16F4-4092-B291-B5F05B2F5008 (resized).png37839F7F-BAED-47D9-8212-16B43359CAB4 (resized).jpeg37839F7F-BAED-47D9-8212-16B43359CAB4 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1617 2 years ago

Ended up with root Access using winscp. I think the main problem was the new boot.ogg was 48 instead 44.1 sampling rate. Once I re-encoded that to 44.1 and the deleted the boot.ogg from the folder with the sound sets then it played from the default system sound folder. So it’s working now from that location vs the sound set area

2 months later
#1691 2 years ago

One night I left my machine running (3.6 Board), the little oled screen had flipped down (heat weakens that glue behind it and so now its held by blue painter tape) and my board was dead, but worked after replacing the fuse. Afterwards I noticed my audio had much more bass to it. Turns out my backbox speakers are not working since the fuse blew and Im only getting output to the cabinet speaker. I've tested the speakers with a different audio source and they are known working. The cables are fine via continuity and then i checked VDC between +an- on the output from the board to the backbox speakers and it shows 0 for both speakers, Im assuming the top amplifier board may be dead and just need to be replaced? Anything to check before I do that? Thanks

#1692 2 years ago

Also checked Topmost amplifier board and got no VDC on the Left +/- output and Right +/- output. The amp board does show 12v going to it when testing 12v to Ground at top of amp board.

Also do not believe it is software related as it doesnt play the boot sound in the backbox speakers either.

Also I have tried turning up and down the backbox speaker adjustment dial.

#1694 2 years ago

Bought board prebuilt, guessing not in sockets. The vdc setting actually worked for the cabinet output that’s currently working. Then didn’t work for the backbox output

#1695 2 years ago

Just wondering what my next test point would be on the amp board

#1697 2 years ago

Ok I figured just want to make sure that’s the problem before I replace for no reason. only other way the backbox wouldn’t work and the cabinet does is if the backbox adjustment dial isn’t working (unlikely) because I don’t think the DAC would be working outputting for the cabinet properly and not the backbox

#1699 2 years ago

Cool I'll plan on replacing amp then and may solder on via sockets and pins. thanks! (No multimeter reading from +/- output from top AMP oputput which corresponds to backbox speakers)

#1700 2 years ago

Not proud of my clip job under the amp board after trying to desolder the connections on the top to get it off was
unsuccessful on a few spots, but I’ve soldered in a new amp board and the backbox speakers are working again.
Thanks all!

1 week later
#1712 2 years ago

Is there a way to permanently set the output device for sound. I have it hanging and making ringing noises after restarting a lot. I have to go back in And change to Hiberry dac.(even if it’s on that already Test with pling noise and it’s fine and plays fine. Then I might restart game days later and have same issue. Rasp 4 is powering and it always makes that ringing if I choose the sound device hifiberry dac with bluerooth and equalizer which is first on drop down list so I feel it’s defaulting to the first drop down device on startup which is causing my ringing noise)lasts over minute and sometimes have to restart machine and tilt device to be able to login to web GUI.

#1713 2 years ago

On1.37 firmware btw, also happened on 1.36. On 1.37 when I have to restart my machine after the ringing hangs it up, it then starts tilt audio with auto detect which for some reason detects my wpcdcs Star Trek next gen as data east. I normally have auto detect off and also have it set to wpcdcs automatically

#1714 2 years ago

going back to 1.35 seems to help, it did do the ringing sounds after the reboot, but when i shut off pinball machine and restarted it worked fine with correct audio and kept dcs. I restarted the pinball machine several times and all works well.

#1715 2 years ago

Ringing issue video

1 month later
#1726 2 years ago

Moertsches,
If switching to a 3b+ will fix it I will gladly swap it my 4 for a 3b+, since I don’t think I’ll end up using bluetooth. I wonder if Steve would transfer the license from one pi to another in this case.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

4,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
South Bound Brook, NJ
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jbbopt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi?tu=jbbopt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.