rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

it sounds great

Will there also be a version on Williams / Bally and Stern ??

2 months later
#25 6 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

PCBs for the new shield are already ordered. Need to do some more tests on different wpc machines, but I'm confident ...
The demo uses a nice sound set from pinballshark thanks for that.
/Steve

I'm sorry Steve, but I did not understand, you wrote that you have ordered new pcbs for WPC, and your shop is already available for purchase

Will STERN Whitestar also be available?

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes it is already in the shop. But it is the old version (only dataeast) and this one is in stock. New PCBs for WPC arriving this Friday.
You can either wait until final tests are done or proceed and order already.
Stern / Whitestar requires additional effort, because sound is integrated with the cpu board and there is no header, where you can pull out the signals. And I don't have a Stern / Whitestar in my collection, so nothing to experiment. So maybe not.
Steve

I understand,
I'm ordering now

1 month later
#37 6 years ago

A great project,
thank you Steve for all the help .

Sound set: Remastered V 1.2

1 month later
#50 6 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Whitestar is indeed more or less like DataEast without separate sound board. One could in fact use the adapter pinsound is selling, it should work with LOTR, it will be handled like DE. But I haven't designed a PCB for that, its just address decoding pulled from the CPU directly. Any volunteers?

I can buy this adapter and check if it works, only that I bought a few sets of RasPinsound but versions for williams, would I have to buy another one for the Data East version ??

6 months later
#119 5 years ago

I have a few sets of "raspisound" and I can not cope with DCS machines, for example in RoadShow the sounds overlap, are played back at the wrong moment, do not interrupt after completing the mission, etc. :/

3 weeks later
#169 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

For some of the inspired testing guys:
there is a windows executable over here:
https://mega.nz/#!hshyQADI!5mVzvbErm...vDShDOK1z1v0ak
It's basically the RasPiSound "firmware" running on a windows host computer.
Of course you cannot connect the real machine to this exe running on windows, but to test the soundset and the config it's still suitable.
You can start it like: "despi.exe -d <basepath to soundsets>".
Its important to include .exe at the end, in order to find and validate the signature.
You can control sound effects and background music via keyboard and also playback recordings.
A simple "despi.exe -h" produces some help text.
Keyboard commands:
Digits -> entering sound number.
p -> play
+ oder - -> Volume up / down
n -> soundset 1
m -> soundset 2
q -> quit
d -> dump current state
All config files are read and written like from the real "firmware" of RasPiSound running on a PI in a real machine.
Logfile output is written to the console.
And not to forget: its a windows cmdline executable, so you need to start a shell "cmd.exe" first and use it from there.
Thx Steve

Added 103 days ago: updated link: https://mega.nz/#!hshyQADI!5mVzvbErmBi03OPW_8qOS_70Q9V-NvDShDOK1z1v0ak

Steve,
Could you provide the current link to this program ??
I want to test the sounds for Lord of the rings, because I bought the adapter

#171 5 years ago

Thank you Steve for Link,
I can not start after clicking on despi.exe for just a black screen and nothing

1 week later
#201 5 years ago
Quoted from Bd700:

I have had success with playing sound sets through the raspisound board to speakers but only if I select the sound. The pin is not calling for the sounds to be played. I think it’s a configuration problem on my part. I’m confused about the raspisound.ini. Is this a file I create on my own? Also unsure what to put in the use-usb.txt file or is it suppose to be empty? Sounds play fine through the 3.5mm port from the pi but not through my usb sound card.
Thanks for all the help!
Jay

It is very important to put vendor = 0 (for data east) or vendor = 1(for wpc) in the raspisound.ini file

has anyone already done self-mapping the file config.raspisnd?

3 weeks later
#254 5 years ago

Cool idea

#275 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Im not sure what rc means. Is this something we have to install or update to run the whitestar system? If so, how do we do it?
I tried loading the sound files and then changing the vendor to 7 and hooking it up to my Apollo 13. The board loads but when it comes to "mode" it says "Mode: Loading sound set 1". It doesn't play any sounds in the game so I am guessing I have to load something or update with that rc file but I am not sure how to do that. I have a pi3 so it should work once I update it.

this is the file with the update, just download it and change the name to udate.zip and place it in the update file.

#277 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

do you mean the update folder that is on the sd card?

yes

let know if it works on your Apollo, my LOTR does not work.

#285 5 years ago

How many KB have your log files ??

#288 5 years ago

Of course I am interested, I support this project very much and I want to help as much as I can

#294 5 years ago

In Visual Pinball settings, you need to set alt sound to 3, install the sound package you want to run in the PinStudio program.
In the visual pinball directory, there is the Pinsound directory, where the .psrec file is saved

#298 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

So here is the tool: https://mega.nz/#!Fg4QlSjT!BMsdjJCp-R8J_aBZx7dUOeAKxxTQlNUkUEX4IpOdhXc
Just run java -jar sound-set-converter.jar <directory of soundset>.
Of course you need java 8 or newer installed on your system.

I type: java -jar sound-set-converter.jar
there is a message: usage java -jar <directory of soundset>
I type java -jar D:\> LOTR_OST
there is a message: "unable to access"

what am I doing wrong ??

#300 5 years ago

:/

Bez tytu?u (resized).jpgBez tytu?u (resized).jpg
#319 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

There's a new image for RasPiSound available: https://mega.nz/#!Z54VFSxC!5lPuMRXdfZv2m9fUOKlzWKG8_CYoEYopc0AbVoHiT9U (link was updated)
I changed the underlying linux the the latest raspian stretch lite Oct/2018. This image now runs on all raspberry models up to the newest Pi3 B+.
It also contains the lastest RasPiSound build that has alpha support for whitestar testing. Please feel free to test.
As a refresher:
1. download compressed image
2. decompress it using xz or 7zip
3. write image to 16GB sd card using etcher or win32 disk image (or similar image tool)
4. configure the system by creating a system config file in the boot volume /data (see FAQ)
5. configure a sound set for your machine in the boot volume /data/sound
6. try it out in a "dry run" by connecting to pi via ssh or console
- or -
install RasPiSound shield to connect the pi to your machine and test it on the real machine.
FAQ: https://pinball-mods.de/2017/12/19/howto-for-rasberry-pinball-sound/
Br Steve

new software on my PI3 does not work, green LED will turn on twice, then blink twice quickly, after a while one blinks and does not light up, I've installed the disc image twice and it's still the same.

#329 5 years ago

Steve, could you update the link to the Raspisound image.
Previous link, does not work.

#337 5 years ago

I still do not work, green led in PI3 blinks a few times and the end, the program does not load at all, I tried on several different sd cards, I installed the win32imager again, and I still do the same.
I do not know what to do anymore. I have no idea where the error is.

#339 5 years ago

I tried on two PI3s, Pi Zero and four different sd cards, I have no idea what's going on.
I will try to record this image on another computer.

#342 5 years ago

It's definitely something with my equipment, I'll try to make a disc image on a laptop today.

#345 5 years ago

win32imager

#354 5 years ago

I still do not load the program, 5 different sd cards, two PI3, two PI zero. I use programs etcher and win32...,
In the win32imager program, after loading the image, I turned on the verification shows the message "sector 0, failed", does it have any meaning ??
I will try to use a 32gb sd card

#356 5 years ago

if I install version 1.14, then the new update will work ??

#367 5 years ago

strange, I installed image 1.15 with update 1.17 and the program started on PI3, it's probably the fault of my sd cards, but I still do not have sound on LOTR

#369 5 years ago

do you also get such a message from win32 ??

ras (resized).jpgras (resized).jpg
#371 5 years ago

I have six 16gb sd cards, and too little space on each ?? weird.
I installed the image now on the sd 32gb card and the program on PI3 has started !!!
but I do not have sound,
I have to find the reason
BENETNATH, what size do your log files at LOTR have? with me every time 240kb

I read in my logs, "log_level = 9", BENETNATH in your logs I see that it is = 4, does it have any meaning at work ??

#373 5 years ago

14.4 or (on three SD cards) 15.3gb free space, 128kb occupied space

#376 5 years ago

I do not know why, but in my case the log file has max 240kb
do the log_level settings matter in this case ??

#379 5 years ago

on the card 16gb raspi 3 , loading the program stops in this place:

Do you have any idea ??

20181101_112208 (resized).jpg20181101_112208 (resized).jpg

can someone give me a command line from your "cmdline.txt" file files ??
Thanks

#382 5 years ago

Quoted from steve45:To me this simply looks like your sd card is broken. The Pi can't mount the filesystem while booting. This kind of ties in to your problem writing the image to sd card. Where do you buy your sd cards?

in different stores: ebay, aliexpress, etc.
only that when I recorded the image 1.15, the program started.
I thought it was due to bad card formatting, yesterday I bought one more 16gb new (kingstone) and the same.

on the 32gb card, running from the console, the program is loading, but it does not playing sounds, as I press "p", there is "DEBUG" on all sounds, and there is silence.

and the damn 240 kb in logs, other users logs are much bigger, and my 240 and the end

#384 5 years ago

Kingston is also of good quality and does not work :/

but thank you for the answer, I will try again with the cards you mentioned.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know, it sucks - sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 cards for different things. I am working on a SmartDMD color replacement and now need to buy another SDCard because my Pi won't read the one I used.

Quoted from Wharhed:

I've ran into the issue you're seeing with various SD cards. Look for the brands already listed above, but I'd also keep an eye out for the ones rated UHS-II. Those have very fast transfer times.

ok,
thank you for the advice, I am already ordering a Samsung card

#390 5 years ago

I connected directly to PI3 (/ home / pi / despi / despi -d / boot / data / sound) and launched LOTR sounds, but after connecting to the pinball, it does not work, I have raspisound board ver1.7

#392 5 years ago

I have a question for you, how do you play with connected raspisound, is green LED in PI blinking constantly or with short interruptions ??
I ask, because I noticed that at my preload etc, it blinks, and then it does not shine anymore, just for a moment when the key number says.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

As google can tell you green led stands for "sd card access". So while booting and starting phase (preloading and so on ..) you will see green led activity. Later only logfiles writing got to sd card, so depending what you're doing (and what the rest of the pi is doing) there will be less to zero activity on green led.

I understand, I am looking for any reason why such strange things happen to my devices.
I suspected that my PI3 hangs and stops working, that's why such short logs save etc., watching your movies, I see green led blinks frequently, :/
I think I will buy PI3 B + and test it.

#399 5 years ago

Steve, what sd cards are you using ??
  I will assemble the same equipment as yours, maybe it will work well with me then.

#414 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

OK, I will give a try.
Any idea about issues in background music?

Please, let know if it works, I'm very curious

#415 5 years ago

today I tested on the samsung 16gb card, and program starts.
Unfortunately, there is no sound is it possible that the board 1.7 version may not work with this ??
in logs Everything is "DEBUG"

#417 5 years ago

ver 1.17
configuration file from Steve, LOTR_OST
Yes, I hear the version number, preload etc,
The sound comes out via a USB card or a PI3 jack on the headphones

#419 5 years ago

as I connect through raspberry consoles, I can play sounds,
Yes,pinsound adapter blinking

#421 5 years ago

I got the ribbon together with the adapter, and the connection, the red cable of pin 1

#423 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

fly if you're connected to the console as root. you should first stop the background service by typing 'systemctl stop pinsound'.
The go to the directory /home/pi/despi and start ./despi -d /boot/data/sound
Doing this you see RasPiSound running in the foreground as console process. You can use all keyboard commands as described in the FAQ. Especially 'q' to quit.
If you use a usb sound card you should set AUDIODEV environment variable before starting, by 'export AUDIODEV=hw,0'

Steve I know, I'm doing exactly as you wrote
And it works on the console.
It does not work when connected to a pinball

#431 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Quick poll :
- how many did tests on whitestar with 1.17 ?

I did these tests, unfortunately it does not work well, as you wrote after starting the game music does not turn on, only at the second ball, the next problem is the sounds of eg missions, do not turn off only non-stop are played, some sounds do not work at all.

1 week later
#433 5 years ago

I think there are more errors.
For example, the music "path of the dead" does not turn off.
After starting the mission (no matter what), there are also errors.
Music when you lock the ball on the multiball "Two Towers" also does not work properly. e.t.c
I have almost identical logs as yours.

#436 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

... but sfx and other are ok, right ?

I think so too,

1 month later
#473 5 years ago

I tested the new version 1.20, and nothing has changed, it still works bad, sounds overlap, do not end when they should, etc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xsRVQ7pxqBiQ34ot4TgzXHBj0lT_vToM/view?usp=sharing

#475 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It's helpful to post which game, which mix, which platform... also is it 1.20 that you installed? there is no 2.0

Of course 1.20, my mistake

Road Show, roadshowJC

#489 5 years ago

I test on roadshowJC, and unfortunately I do not see any changes, Red's and Ted's voice is not heard, eg the sound from the "New York - Smash a Cab" mission does not end, only after losing the ball it turns off. e.t.c

#517 5 years ago

??????????

2 weeks later
#571 5 years ago

Unfortunately, in my Road Show the new version has not changed anything, it still works as before.

logs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yLlEMcb8ET7ZwWb75Es2EgG6BSDLk_cE

#575 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

At least the logfile is long enough to see some game play. What was the problem with your roadshow?

#577 5 years ago

I see some changes on Stevie's page, where can I get mapping file ??

1 month later
#640 5 years ago

Will the diagram (eagle, etc.) 2.5 also be available ??

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

It already is: please look at https://easyeda.com/steve45/
I need to rename the lastest to TILT!Audio as well but ...
/Steve

Thanks

5 months later
#890 4 years ago

I can't find a description of what commands should be in the .ini and .config files. I haven't done it for a long time and I forgot

2 weeks later
#954 4 years ago

does this problem occur with PIN2DMD or ColorDMD displays, has anyone tested this ??

2 weeks later
#961 4 years ago

are there any progress ?? did the project collapse?

1 month later
#998 4 years ago

A strange situation, when I put a key file in the DATA folder, there is silence, nothing starts, if I delete the key file, the program starts, the initial sound is heard, etc.

#1000 4 years ago

Yes the key file is correct, it was version 1.25, I updated it to version 1.29 and no sound is heard at all, whether there is a key file or not.

1 week later
#1001 4 years ago

I have two raspberry 3B and one raspberry 3B +, only one Raspberry 3B runs on 1.25, I upgrade to version 1.29 it doesn't work on any. Do you also have a similar problem?

1 month later
#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from boy141:

Thank you for the reassurance. I just wished his FAQs were more helpful. So here's what I have down. I need an external power supply and a kit with amplifiers. So I am guessing TILT! Audio Kit with a new 2.5 board ? External power supply - is it 12v or 5volts? After this is all said and done, I will volunteer to write a FAQ for him. Some of the links take you to version 2.2 . Google is not his friend at all.

at the moment it is a waste of money, the project still needs to be refined, and as we know Steve does not have time for it now.

2 weeks later
#1031 4 years ago

I will repeat my question

Quoted from fly:

I have two raspberry 3B and one raspberry 3B +, only one Raspberry 3B runs on 1.25, I upgrade to version 1.29 it doesn't work on any. Do you also have a similar problem?

#1043 4 years ago

are the mapping files still needed ??

9 months later
#1147 3 years ago

Besides EasyEDA, is there a BOM file available somewhere? because when I ordered on their website, half of the components did not agree.

#1151 3 years ago

On the easyeda / jcs website, I did not order a PCB, only components.

#1154 3 years ago

Thank you

#1160 3 years ago

if possible, please a good quality photo of the assembled board

thanks

1 month later
#1203 3 years ago

Oled is not working, what could be the reason?
Edit.
After connecting, no sound, the display (Pin2Dmd) does not work properly, I think I installed something wrong?
Via Web UI, I connect and play sounds, so it seems to me that the hardware is the cause. Resistors??

1609698385005 (resized).jpg1609698385005 (resized).jpg
1609705082052 (resized).jpg1609705082052 (resized).jpg

#1205 3 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Hi,
check and meassure the 5V on the board..
I can not see your DAC converter U5 by the way, this one is necesarry to connect between RasPI and Amplifiers

I was convinced the U5 was optional

Thank you

#1206 3 years ago

the output voltage is 5.15V

#1208 3 years ago

ok, already ordered

#1210 3 years ago

I was completing this set myself.

#1212 3 years ago

Everything works on the headphones, so there is a fault in the equipment

#1214 3 years ago

sorry i said wrong, sounds are working (run via web), display still not working.

EDIT..

I changed the raspberry to try another one and now the display works,

#1215 3 years ago

U5 mounted, but unfortunately still the same problem, the display does not work properly, flippers do not work, music is just on the headphones directly from the Pi, it is not played properly.
Could this be the fault of the resistors ??

1609873252729 (resized).jpg1609873252729 (resized).jpg
#1218 3 years ago

The network resistors RN3, RN4 and RN5 can be replaced with ordinary ones, Steve wrote advised, the display works fine, the fault was in soldering, one pin was not soldered exactly.
Now I have the sound on the headphones, I will change the wiring from the speakers and further tests.

#1220 3 years ago

first tests done, I do not know if it is the fault of the sound package or hardware, but for example with "Super Charger" the music turns off, and after the game is over, attract sound will not turn off,
Besides these mistakes, it's great, I will change to TiltAudio in all my machines
One thing is for sure, as Steve wrote on his website, you must change the speakers

#1228 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Has anyone added up all of the parts needed to add this TiltAudio to a WPC95 machine? I was intriqued by the $70 original board, but it looks like it adds up quite a bit more once you add of the additional aprts. Anyone have some guidance or experience that it is lower in cost than the $350 PinSound approach?

I was using the project provided by Steve and I was completing the sets myself. Such a general calculation for 5 pieces is about $ 300-350, I did not include micro SD cards.

#1231 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

So PinSound and TiltAudio are about the same price out the door. Would anyone suggest some key pros or cons to steer towards either one of these? For instance PinSound seems to have a broad community of alternative sound libraries already built per machine, but there must be other features that are unique to each of these sound solutions.

300-350$ - for five pieces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1241 3 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

What are the values for C7-C12 on the v3.0 board ? BOM only says C-EU050-025X075, schematics say nothing ...

200pf

3 weeks later
#1279 3 years ago

try to test on version 1.30, I also have strange things happening on 1.32, and the previous one is OK.

#1295 3 years ago

a short video of how it works With BTTF, some fun with sound configuration and it will be OK, software version 1.30, because I have problems with 1.32, I don't know why

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 250.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

4,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 36.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
York, SC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fly.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi?tu=fly and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.