rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 41.
#351 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Agreed. I’m on the new board and still haven’t had much success with it on my Jurassic Park. It’s to the point where it boots and announces the serial number, but I haven’t been able to get it to actually trigger any playback of sounds. Whereas, I can plug the cable back into the factory sound board and everything works 100%

Sounds like you don’t have the key file.

#352 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Sounds like you don’t have the key file.

You are correct. I didn’t want to buy the key until I knew that everything worked as expected.

I thought that it still operated, but continuously played the demo mode sound byte over top of the game sounds when you didn’t have the license installed. Is that not correct?

#353 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

You are correct. I didn’t want to buy the key until I knew that everything worked as expected.
I thought that it still operated, but continuously played the demo mode sound byte over top of the game sounds when you didn’t have the license installed. Is that not correct?

I am not sure on that. I didn’t try it in a machine until I had the license. I guess I could remove the key file and test that. I won’t be home for a couple of days though.

#354 5 years ago

I still do not load the program, 5 different sd cards, two PI3, two PI zero. I use programs etcher and win32...,
In the win32imager program, after loading the image, I turned on the verification shows the message "sector 0, failed", does it have any meaning ??
I will try to use a 32gb sd card

#355 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

lonzo & phantasize in order to get the remaining ~10% done, we / I need to track down, what is wrong here. Given its only 10% I assume the general decoding is working. So I see following causes for errors:
1. the sound effect in the given sound set itself is missing or wrong
2. the mapping is wrong
3. the command decoding is wrong in this (rare) cases
Also interesting: does the failure happen determinist everytime or only sometimes. If sometimes, under what preconditions (if any).
For all three cases it would be nice, if you can track it down like:
sound a expected, but none.
sound a expected, but always sound b
Given such an error description plus a logfile from such a run, I'm quite sure I can nail it down.
Best Steve

Hi steve45

I would love if we could nail the last 10%! And since your CFTBL holo mod also relies on people using a Raspisound board i think it would be important to pinpoint the problem, as i believe users of the mod would experience similar issues (i know i did when i tested in a borrowed CFTBL).

I actually think that at least in my case, number 1 and perhaps even number 2 can be ruled out. I have tested the exact same sound set with a Pinsound board and in this case there is no errors. So that tells me the sounds are correct. And for the mapping i think i actually sometimes hear the correct background music starting for a mode (on STTNG), but after less than a second or so it is replaced with silence or even the main theme tune instead. And all of the sounds in the sound test mode also matches their names, and in STTNG there are quite a lot in the sound test. So i am pretty sure the mapping is spot on.

I think i should test with 1.17 or newer, as i would like to be able to test the stop commands as well. That way i could start with the most simple approach and try to get the sound test behaviour 100% correct (the sounds are already correct, but the music doesn't stop when you select the next item to test as it does with original and Pinsound boards). But since i still have no sound on WPC DCS on 1.17 i can not do that.

Did you have any luck finding the error introduced in 1.15 or 1.17 that would cause WPC DCS not to play any sounds at all?

I only have access to 1.14 and 1.17rc, so i can not say if the error was introduced in 1.15 or 1.17rc.

#356 5 years ago

if I install version 1.14, then the new update will work ??

#357 5 years ago

Another thing that might help us is changing the version number. There have been a couple of updates that are 1.17. So when I am working with a buddy of mine on testing, it’s complicated to figure out if we are using the same code. Maybe change the number for every change no matter what it is so it’s easier to know what we are working with. You could even change to a beta numbering system for our testing and then when you feel it’s solid for an update, you can label it accordingly. I would rather have 117.1, 117.2, 117.3 then asking which 117 did you download or which update did you run.

#358 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Steve,
It appears from the video that you posted that your are not using the newest board. I know several of us that are having issues are using the latest board. Could you please test using the newest board so we can have a direct comparison? Maybe something is going on with the new board. Just a thought.

Lots of traffic here I try to comment on one after another: the boards are identical in terms of schematic, just different placing of components. So no side effects blue compared to the yellow one.

#359 5 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Agreed. I’m on the new board and still haven’t had much success with it on my Jurassic Park. It’s to the point where it boots and announces the serial number, but I haven’t been able to get it to actually trigger any playback of sounds. Whereas, I can plug the cable back into the factory sound board and everything works 100%

As you may know I'm using RasPiSound on my JP as well. There's also a video on my YouTube channel. So JP should work. Are you sure you have the right config installed? Can you check the logfile if it alerts unmapped files?

#360 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

I am not sure on that. I didn’t try it in a machine until I had the license. I guess I could remove the key file and test that. I won’t be home for a couple of days though.

Beside the nag announcement "please register" there's no functional difference between registered and unregistered.

#361 5 years ago
Quoted from Lonzo:

Another thing that might help us is changing the version number. There have been a couple of updates that are 1.17. So when I am working with a buddy of mine on testing, it’s complicated to figure out if we are using the same code. Maybe change the number for every change no matter what it is so it’s easier to know what we are working with. You could even change to a beta numbering system for our testing and then when you feel it’s solid for an update, you can label it accordingly. I would rather have 117.1, 117.2, 117.3 then asking which 117 did you download or which update did you run.

AFAIKS there was only a 1.17rc and a 1.17 version published. Normally I take care of released versions and numbering.

#362 5 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi steve45
I would love if we could nail the last 10%! And since your CFTBL holo mod also relies on people using a Raspisound board i think it would be important to pinpoint the problem, as i believe users of the mod would experience similar issues (i know i did when i tested in a borrowed CFTBL).
I actually think that at least in my case, number 1 and perhaps even number 2 can be ruled out. I have tested the exact same sound set with a Pinsound board and in this case there is no errors. So that tells me the sounds are correct. And for the mapping i think i actually sometimes hear the correct background music starting for a mode (on STTNG), but after less than a second or so it is replaced with silence or even the main theme tune instead. And all of the sounds in the sound test mode also matches their names, and in STTNG there are quite a lot in the sound test. So i am pretty sure the mapping is spot on.
I think i should test with 1.17 or newer, as i would like to be able to test the stop commands as well. That way i could start with the most simple approach and try to get the sound test behaviour 100% correct (the sounds are already correct, but the music doesn't stop when you select the next item to test as it does with original and Pinsound boards). But since i still have no sound on WPC DCS on 1.17 i can not do that.
Did you have any luck finding the error introduced in 1.15 or 1.17 that would cause WPC DCS not to play any sounds at all?
I only have access to 1.14 and 1.17rc, so i can not say if the error was introduced in 1.15 or 1.17rc.

Unfortunately I hadn't had the time to dig into the DCS problem so far. About the 10% : if you can compare side by side with original sound that's great, just get my a logfile and maybe a video for such a session and then I should be able to fix this.

#363 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

If you can compare side by side with original sound that's great,

I dont think I can do a side by side, as that would require that I have both original board and Raspisound hooked up at the same time. Alternatively be able to replicate a game exactly two times which would be impossible.

But I will load up Raspisound with the original STTNG sound set, and film a game. Then I hope that based on the video and the log we can pinpoint the problems.

#364 5 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I dont think I can do a side by side, as that would require that I have both original board and Raspisound hooked up at the same time. Alternatively be able to replicate a game exactly two times which would be impossible.
But I will load up Raspisound with the original STTNG sound set, and film a game. Then I hope that based on the video and the log we can pinpoint the problems.

A buddy and I are working on a solution to be able to hear both sounds from the original soundboard and the Raspi at the same time. More details to follow. This made testing Apollo 13 a ton easier.

#365 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Lots of traffic here I try to comment on one after another: the boards are identical in terms of schematic, just different placing of components. So no side effects blue compared to the yellow one.

In theory you are correct but what if there was a manufacturing defect or something? It would be nice to know if you can make the newest board work. I have 3 DE machines including a JP and none of them work. I dont have the details but a buddy of mine said there was one or two traces that were different from an older board but I’m not sure if it was by design or not or if it has any bearing but he has a new board two and is having trouble with the correct sounds playing.

#366 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

AFAIKS there was only a 1.17rc and a 1.17 version published. Normally I take care of released versions and numbering.

The RC thing was confusing but I know you had an update and then an image and then another update. Just got hard to keep track.

#367 5 years ago

strange, I installed image 1.15 with update 1.17 and the program started on PI3, it's probably the fault of my sd cards, but I still do not have sound on LOTR

#368 5 years ago

Hello, i finally managed to get it working by.. switching the shield to another one.
Steve sent me a Data East 1.5 and 1.3 shield. I had 1.5 shield working once but never again.
I decided to give a try today with the 1.3 shield and here is the result :

Videos : https://photos.app.goo.gl/xXPRYjXLR9GjMDSp8

log file : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/plzn6urncor2ocw/AACendNcjj3nw877x89NtAeba?dl=0

It's still not perfect, i have to play with the music reduction, as SFX are really low compared to music. and some sounds are missing in the log file

#369 5 years ago

do you also get such a message from win32 ??

ras (resized).jpgras (resized).jpg
#370 5 years ago

no, never

#371 5 years ago

I have six 16gb sd cards, and too little space on each ?? weird.
I installed the image now on the sd 32gb card and the program on PI3 has started !!!
but I do not have sound,
I have to find the reason
BENETNATH, what size do your log files at LOTR have? with me every time 240kb

I read in my logs, "log_level = 9", BENETNATH in your logs I see that it is = 4, does it have any meaning at work ??

#372 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

I have six 16gb sd cards, and too little space on each ?? weird.
I installed the image now on the sd 32gb card and the program on PI3 has started !!!
but I do not have sound,
I have to find the reason
BENETNATH, what size do your log files at LOTR have? with me every time 240kb
I read in my logs, "log_level = 9", BENETNATH in your logs I see that it is = 4, does it have any meaning at work ??

That’s weird. Both of mine are 16gb cards. When you format them, what first it say the size available is?

#373 5 years ago

14.4 or (on three SD cards) 15.3gb free space, 128kb occupied space

#374 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

reduction, as SFX are really low compared to music.

This can be configured by giving sfx an individual gain. Or by using "ducking" which reduces volume of music while sfx is playing

#375 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

This can be configured by giving sfx an individual gain. Or by using "ducking" which reduces volume of music while sfx is playing

Yes, I've done that and it's better. Still some issue but might be related to pi2 being underpowered.

Steve, the log shows missing files, how to handle that??

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 5 years ago

I do not know why, but in my case the log file has max 240kb
do the log_level settings matter in this case ??

#377 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Yes, I've done that and it's better. Still some issue but might be related to pi2 being underpowered.
Steve, the log shows missing files, how to handle that??

Is the mapping missing, or sound files missing. Can you quote the log line you're referring to?

#378 5 years ago

I'm speaking about all 'missing' mentions through the log

Eg :

2018-10-24 22:06:29.702 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:883] sample for id '54484' not found

#379 5 years ago

on the card 16gb raspi 3 , loading the program stops in this place:

Do you have any idea ??

20181101_112208 (resized).jpg20181101_112208 (resized).jpg

can someone give me a command line from your "cmdline.txt" file files ??
Thanks

#380 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

on the card 16gb raspi 3 , loading the program stops in this place:
Do you have any idea ??
can someone give me a command line from your "cmdline.txt" file files ??
Thanks

To me this simply looks like your sd card is broken. The Pi can't mount the filesystem while booting. This kind of ties in to your problem writing the image to sd card. Where do you buy your sd cards?

#381 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I'm speaking about all 'missing' mentions through the log
Eg : 2018-10-24 22:06:29.702 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:883] sample for id '54484' not found

54484 or in Hex 0xD4D4 isn't a sound command for data east. Data East early generation use single byte commands or 2 byte commands of the form 0x7Dxx.

Later generation (also Whitestar) use 2 byte commands like 0xFDxx or 0xFExx. But 0xD4D4 doesn't match either or, so I guess there's another problem

#382 5 years ago

Quoted from steve45:To me this simply looks like your sd card is broken. The Pi can't mount the filesystem while booting. This kind of ties in to your problem writing the image to sd card. Where do you buy your sd cards?

in different stores: ebay, aliexpress, etc.
only that when I recorded the image 1.15, the program started.
I thought it was due to bad card formatting, yesterday I bought one more 16gb new (kingstone) and the same.

on the 32gb card, running from the console, the program is loading, but it does not playing sounds, as I press "p", there is "DEBUG" on all sounds, and there is silence.

and the damn 240 kb in logs, other users logs are much bigger, and my 240 and the end

#383 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

in different stores: ebay, aliexpress, etc.
only that when I recorded the image 1.15, the program started.
I thought it was due to bad card formatting, yesterday I bought one more 16gb new (kingstone) and the same.
on the 32gb card, running from the console, the program is loading, but it does not playing sounds, as I press "p", there is "DEBUG" on all sounds, and there is silence.

If you are planning on installing an sdcard to a Raspberry Pi, it needs to be a high quality card. Spend $20 and get a Kingmax or Samsung, PNY, whatever brand. Those go through extensive QA, and will be less likely to get corrupted over time. A lot of the cheap cards have compression installed at the root level to make them look larger than they really are, and are SLOW. you may be running into this.

#384 5 years ago

Kingston is also of good quality and does not work :/

but thank you for the answer, I will try again with the cards you mentioned.

#385 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

Kingston is also of good quality and does not work :/
but thank you for the answer, I will try again with the cards you mentioned.

I know, it sucks - sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 cards for different things. I am working on a SmartDMD color replacement and now need to buy another SDCard because my Pi won't read the one I used.

#386 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

54484 or in Hex 0xD4D4 isn't a sound command for data east. Data East early generation use single byte commands or 2 byte commands of the form 0x7Dxx.
Later generation (also Whitestar) use 2 byte commands like 0xFDxx or 0xFExx. But 0xD4D4 doesn't match either or, so I guess there's another problem

Look at the log, a lot of errors of this kind with different codes. I don't know how to help you.

#387 5 years ago

I've ran into the issue you're seeing with various SD cards. Look for the brands already listed above, but I'd also keep an eye out for the ones rated UHS-II. Those have very fast transfer times.

#388 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I know, it sucks - sometimes I have to try 2 or 3 cards for different things. I am working on a SmartDMD color replacement and now need to buy another SDCard because my Pi won't read the one I used.

Quoted from Wharhed:

I've ran into the issue you're seeing with various SD cards. Look for the brands already listed above, but I'd also keep an eye out for the ones rated UHS-II. Those have very fast transfer times.

ok,
thank you for the advice, I am already ordering a Samsung card

#389 5 years ago

Steve, i've added in the dropbox folder a log from my IJ, running v1.14 on a WPC 1.9 board

Look at the log, there are also a lot of ERRORS:

- missing sound:
2018-08-14 20:15:56.387 ERROR [scan] [sound_util.c:281] Found sound directory, but no sound file: /boot/data/sound/1/sfx/2110891867-fanfare_end_of_ball_1

- same issue as LOTR :
2018-08-14 20:16:18.700 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '19789' not found
2018-08-14 20:16:18.791 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '39064' not found
Line 8671: 2018-08-14 20:34:36.387 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '333' not found
Line 8680: 2018-08-14 20:34:38.596 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '93' not found
Line 8714: 2018-08-14 20:34:40.740 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '193' not found
Line 8724: 2018-08-14 20:34:43.474 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '93' not found
Line 8729: 2018-08-14 20:34:43.539 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '275' not found
Line 8744: 2018-08-14 20:34:47.952 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '93' not found
Line 8771: 2018-08-14 20:34:55.049 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '93' not found
Line 8785: 2018-08-14 20:34:59.876 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '278' not found
Line 8810: 2018-08-14 20:35:01.851 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '95' not found
Line 8825: 2018-08-14 20:35:03.415 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '95' not found
Line 8845: 2018-08-14 20:35:07.939 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '324' not found
Line 8945: 2018-08-14 20:35:18.312 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '93' not found
Line 9043: 2018-08-14 20:35:35.347 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '325' not found
Line 9068: 2018-08-14 20:35:42.349 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '276' not found
Line 9088: 2018-08-14 20:35:45.123 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '273' not found
Line 9106: 2018-08-14 20:35:49.622 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '278' not found
Line 9131: 2018-08-14 20:35:51.605 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '95' not found
Line 9146: 2018-08-14 20:35:53.114 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '95' not found
Line 9166: 2018-08-14 20:35:57.706 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '340' not found
Line 9170: 2018-08-14 20:35:57.708 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '513' not found
Line 9180: 2018-08-14 20:35:58.559 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '514' not found
Line 9185: 2018-08-14 20:35:58.894 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '512' not found
Line 9190: 2018-08-14 20:36:00.535 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '324' not found
Line 9267: 2018-08-14 20:36:11.948 ERROR [handleSoundByType] [sdl_sound.c:842] sample for id '333' not found

and plenty of others.

so the issue seems to be existing in WPC running 1.14 and Whitestar running 1.17

#390 5 years ago

I connected directly to PI3 (/ home / pi / despi / despi -d / boot / data / sound) and launched LOTR sounds, but after connecting to the pinball, it does not work, I have raspisound board ver1.7

#391 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

As you may know I'm using RasPiSound on my JP as well. There's also a video on my YouTube channel. So JP should work. Are you sure you have the right config installed? Can you check the logfile if it alerts unmapped files?

I have the correct config installed. There doesn't appear to be any alerts of unmapped files. Below is the most recent log file. You can see me adjusting the volume and a button click being registered, which started some sound clips. Prior to me manually starting the sound clips, the audio was never triggered by my MPU. I unplugged the Raspi sound, plugged the ribbon back into my stock sound board, and that still worked.

https://pastebin.com/NqkheH7Q

#392 5 years ago

I have a question for you, how do you play with connected raspisound, is green LED in PI blinking constantly or with short interruptions ??
I ask, because I noticed that at my preload etc, it blinks, and then it does not shine anymore, just for a moment when the key number says.

#393 5 years ago

Did some testing with a buddy and here is what I found out. We are both running the latest shield and pi B. The test was done on a DE Star Wars using the default sound package and the updated config file.

I also did a continuity check on my ribbon connectors and all the chip legs and they are good.

I was going to make an adapter to split the Y cable so you could hook the Raspin up and also listen to the machine at the same time like I did with Apollo 13 and then my buddy came up with a simple solution. We took a WPC cable that had a connector in the middle and hooked each end up to the original boards as you would a normal cable. Then we hooked the Raspin up using the middle connector and now you can run both the machine and the Raspin through a remote speaker and compare sounds in real time.

1. WPC seems to be about 90% correct on both.

2. When running the latest Version 1.17, the attract music never stops and plays over other sounds. With 114, it plays continuously when you turn on the machine but it stops when you start a game. In 117 it doesn't stop so we reverted back to 1.14 to do the rest of the testing. Its not supposed to play continuously.

3. DE is probably 15-20% correct. When you start a game, the shooter lane sounds are all correct so you think to yourself that things are good, but as soon as you launch the ball, most sounds are not correct. Listening to both at the same time helps identify even the smallest sound effects like a laser sound being wrong. The thing is that if you do not know what you are listening for, you may think it sounds pretty good but in reality its not right. Listening to both will make that clear.

4. Now here is the interesting thing. We were using the same config file because I emailed him mine. About 10-20% of our sounds were different. I am not sure how that can happen but it was consistent that each of our setups played the sounds consistently. We even looked at our sound packages and compared some of the numbers of the sounds that were different and everything checked out. Now he did have to replace a chip on his board but for that to just affect a few sounds seems odd to me but maybe it can happen.

5. It still feels to me like this is a config problem in mapping.

The bad news is that I will be spending most of the next 5-6 weeks out of town and will not be able to do any extensive testing. I will be home a day or two here and there so if a new version of the code comes out I will be able to run a quick test and report back but that is about it. I will be following the thread and will provide input if I can help.

Here are a couple of things that I think would be helpful as we go forward.

1. Somebody please test a DE game with the latest shield and original sound package, preferably with the WPC ribbon cable so you can listen to both sounds at once and take the glass off the machine and test as much as you can so we can see if ALL of the sounds are mapped correctly. Like I said, its easy for a game to appear to work correctly but it may not be. If its SW then that is a bonus since me and my buddy both have one we can compare against.

2. Steve, can you test your LW3 with a ribbon cable so you can listen to the entire game simultaneously. Like I said with SW, the first part is correct so I would like to see if any of your sounds are wrong later that may not be obvious. It would also be great if you could try the latest shield just to make sure something didn't go wrong during production or something.

#394 5 years ago
Quoted from fly:

I have a question for you, how do you play with connected raspisound, is green LED in PI blinking constantly or with short interruptions ??
I ask, because I noticed that at my preload etc, it blinks, and then it does not shine anymore, just for a moment when the key number says.

As google can tell you green led stands for "sd card access". So while booting and starting phase (preloading and so on ..) you will see green led activity. Later only logfiles writing got to sd card, so depending what you're doing (and what the rest of the pi is doing) there will be less to zero activity on green led.

#395 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

As google can tell you green led stands for "sd card access". So while booting and starting phase (preloading and so on ..) you will see green led activity. Later only logfiles writing got to sd card, so depending what you're doing (and what the rest of the pi is doing) there will be less to zero activity on green led.

I understand, I am looking for any reason why such strange things happen to my devices.
I suspected that my PI3 hangs and stops working, that's why such short logs save etc., watching your movies, I see green led blinks frequently, :/
I think I will buy PI3 B + and test it.

#396 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

So this is how I did the shaker wiring:
[quoted image]
You need one of these "arduino relay boards" & one pwm dc motor speed controller. And of course some 12V power supply that actually can stand the shaker motor. But if you turn speed down it doesn't draw that much current.

Steve, are 1.3 and 1.9 boards able to activate a shaker?
I have only 3 pins : TX, RX and the middle one
Sorry for my noobitude but the picture is not that clear

#397 5 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Steve, are 1.3 and 1.9 boards able to activate a shaker?
I have only 3 pins : TX, RX and the middle one
Sorry for my noobitude but the picture is not that clear

Yes they are, the fourth is just to have +5V additionally for convenience. Shaker up to 1.17 is always controlled via TX. This will maybe configurable in the future.

#398 5 years ago

Today I did a quick test on my JP with latest shield 2.x and latest firmware 1.17 just to reconfirm everything is working well in this combination.

#399 5 years ago

Steve, what sd cards are you using ??
  I will assemble the same equipment as yours, maybe it will work well with me then.

#400 5 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Yes they are, the fourth is just to have +5V additionally for convenience. Shaker up to 1.17 is always controlled via TX. This will maybe configurable in the future.

steve45 : can you confirm this wiring ? I have a 5V relay board for arduino, a 12V shaker and a 5V DC power unit. The shaker is well driven by the power unit so i would give a try. I am not familiar with these boards.

shaker (resized).jpgshaker (resized).jpg

We would really need a place to set up a documentation, would you open a wiki on the pinball-mods page or something like that ? A lot of people are interested but we are relying a lot on your replies. Keep it up !!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.95
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Louisville, KY
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/8?hl=phantasize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.