pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
raspilog.pdf (PDF preview)
20220102232634-Sebinouse-FD802F28-3EEC-4661-9A38-5A35D35F80E4 (resized).jpeg
20220102224622-Sebinouse-28F808E6-D074-48AA-BDCC-C0BFA18607DB (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DD979586-D242-46E9-8FFF-D6711145A834 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 38.
#1851 4 months ago
Quoted from steve45:

can you give some more details e.g. rom version, MPU board rev or board number? I just did a test on my LW3 mentioned a few posts above and there was no problem. Would be really nice if someone could provide a logic analyser recording from a NOT working game.
(sorry game rom version is given already = 2.0, my test was done with 2.08 and it works)

Well I have a logic analyzer, but all my TAs are working

Joke aside, I'm curious : would it be possible to use a special debug program on the blackpill that would actually do just that, ie record data from the bus?

Data storage might be a problem though, but if possible that would make it easier for debug.

I'm really not familiar with the this STM part though, so it might be a completely bonker idea

1 month later
#1852 3 months ago

OK, so I've got my Getaway sounding GREAT with my Tilt Audio board, with one exception:
After powering up, the first shot into the Super Charger causes it to go silent for a moment, then it comes back and everything is good. Next (and subsequent) shots into the SC do NOT go silent.

In my sound package, I've got a mix of the actual ZZTop song files (which I downloaded in a package) and the original sound effects and callouts (taken from another package). The one out there with real ZZTop and re-recorded callouts was not for me. OK, then I added Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55" for the video mode and the Replacements "Run It" for when the red light is lit.

Anyway, back to the super charger. Today I set up my ipad to link to the Pi and look at the logs. I can get it to report that there are a handful of sounds reported as missing (sounds 192-196). Looking in other sound packages, that appears to be the same in them, too.
What I can't get it to do is give me an active list of what sound is being called when it is called. For example, I'd love to find out what sound it IS playing on the SECOND shot into the Super Charger, so I can copy that sound into the one trying to be played on the first shot. But I can't seem to get that kind of data to display. I've gone through all the "Live Log Level" choices, and none of them appear to be "all".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1853 3 months ago

Sorry for asking this... This thread is way to long to search efficiently. But I have tried and found some..

It seams that users with DE star wars have problems with sounds playing at the wrong times. I have the same issue. It must have to do with wrong config file. Can someone who have a star wars with tilt audio and got the sounds play correctly publish a link to dropbox or something with a working config file, at least so I can have the right sound event codes. Or even better, a complete sound pack that plays correctly.

#1854 3 months ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yeah, it would have been interesting to know which games had this kind of bidirectional communication.
So far I have only noticed this on TAF of the games I have placed a Tilt audio card in.
Let me know if there´s anything I can do to assist.

DrWho has an effect, that toggles the selected doctors synced to the beat of the shooter groove, if you don't plunge the ball for a while on ball 1. When using the original sound board, flasher effects will be synced to this, but with tiltaudio, it will not run iterate through the doctors on it's own. (Only tested with the old raspisound board without the "black pill" mcu.)

Funhouse syncs the "after jackpot" lightshow to the audio if using the new cpu&sound eprom combo.

Champion Pub flashes the healthbars to the music when fight is ready.

The latter 2 has not been tested with tiltaudio, but I know the effect is missing if sound board ribbon is disconnected, so I assume the behaviour would be the same with an alternate sound board.

#1855 3 months ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

What I can't get it to do is give me an active list of what sound is being called when it is called. For example, I'd love to find out what sound it IS playing on the SECOND shot into the Super Charger, so I can copy that sound into the one trying to be played on the first shot. But I can't seem to get that kind of data to display. I've gone through all the "Live Log Level" choices, and none of them appear to be "all".
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeff

Just a wild guess, you sure it's not just a cacheing issue with the first supercharger?

It's been a while since I used tiltaudio, so there might be an easier built in debug solution to this, I don't remember from the top of my head (probably can be done with adjusting logging level or something), but I would fire up pinmame, and shoot a few superchargers in the simulator. If you press f4 to open sound command mode, you can see the last few commands sent by the cpu.

#1856 3 months ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

just offering ideas. as Star Trek seems to be the only DE game I can't get to work I was just trying to identify differences.

I have the same issue with my DE Star Trek. I did some digging with the schematics and a logic probe and discovered that the CPU board never toggles the CLK(STB) line going to the sound board. I have verified this by probing the CLK(STB) line on the original sound board, nothing. This leads me to believe the original sound board's code merely polls the data lines at a specific rate. Very odd choice, perhaps the core code was orignally written for an earlier board design. In any case, I believe the firmware in Tilt Audio will need to poll the data buss instead of relying on the CLK line to trigger the interrupt.

#1857 3 months ago

Hello all,

I have always wanted to order a PCB and put something like this together myself vs. buy a kit, I understand a kit is simpler and a similar price but for me, part of the entertainment is figuring this out. I have decent soldering skills. So far I figured out ordering PCBs using the latest v3.6 files on the Open Source Hardware Lab site. Now I need to source parts, I think I located all the daughterboards however I am struggling with knowing what is required for the smaller items, from resisters to the volume potentiometers. I see that OSHWLab has a BOM but it lacks detailed part numbers, at least as far as I understand. Is there a detailed list of parts I need? Thank you so much for helping!

#1858 89 days ago

Sorry to be a pest and thread bump. Does anyone have a BOM that includes part numbers or descriptions. Maybe steve45 you have something you can share?

3 weeks later
#1859 62 days ago

Look at these amazing boards I now have, it would be so great if I could figure out the last part of the BOM to build these. I understand what all the daughter boards are, I can read all the resister color codes but some of the items are more of a challenge. If folks have a detailed BOM that would be so helpful otherwise I might just have some nice wall hangers...

TL-board (resized).jpg
#1860 62 days ago
Quoted from radix:

Look at these amazing boards I now have, it would be so great if I could figure out the last part of the BOM to build these. I understand what all the daughter boards are, I can read all the resister color codes but some of the items are more of a challenge. If folks have a detailed BOM that would be so helpful otherwise I might just have some nice wall hangers...
[quoted image]

Reach out to BrewNinja he may be able to help. He built boards for me.

#1861 59 days ago

I'm starting to do some spring cleaning and have a pair of TIlit Audio boards that I no longer need. Was going to use them in a custom re-theme of a Data East game but decided to pass on that project. Both boards were built for Data East so they aren't setup for a WPC game unless more parts were added so I wouln't recommend these for a WPC game. Both include a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and MicroSD card. I had purchased license files for each of these and that is included on the MicroSD cards as those licenses stay with the RPi they were purchased for.

It's been a while since I looked at these so I would recommend saving off the license files and starting fresh with a current build and then put the license back on the new image.

I was looking to get $120 shipped for the V2.5d board and $135 shipped for the V2.6a board. If someone wants both then $220 shipped for the pair.

Since Raspberry Pi are so hard to get these days I'd consider selling the boards without them and just reuse the 3A+ boards for a different project.

Please send a PM if interested.

tilt2_5d (resized).jpgtilt2_6a (resized).jpg
#1862 58 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I'm starting to do some spring cleaning and have a pair of TIlit Audio boards that I no longer need. Was going to use them in a custom re-theme of a Data East game but decided to pass on that project. Both boards were built for Data East so they aren't setup for a WPC game unless more parts were added so I wouln't recommend these for a WPC game. Both include a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and MicroSD card. I had purchased license files for each of these and that is included on the MicroSD cards as those licenses stay with the RPi they were purchased for.
It's been a while since I looked at these so I would recommend saving off the license files and starting fresh with a current build and then put the license back on the new image.
I was looking to get $120 shipped for the V2.5d board and $135 shipped for the V2.6a board. If someone wants both then $220 shipped for the pair.
Since Raspberry Pi are so hard to get these days I'd consider selling the boards without them and just reuse the 3A+ boards for a different project.
Please send a PM if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is a really good deal, especially with the inclusion of the PIs and SD card. Even if you were to want them for a WPC game, it's only a couple of headers that need to be added - the WPC ribbon cable (which you may already have if you have a Raspberry Pi hanging around) and 4 pin connectors for the speakers - not too bad.

#1863 57 days ago

The V2.6a board is gone but the V2.5d board is still available.

1 week later
#1864 45 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

The V2.6a board is gone but the V2.5d board is still available.

The V2.5d board including the RPi 3A+, MicroSD card, and Tilt Audio License is now $100 shipped. Board is setup for Data East machines. Spring cleaning and moving things on to new homes.... PM if interested.

1 month later
#1865 2 days ago

This is apparently one of the circuit boards for Totan 2.0.
To me it looks very much like a slightly rearranged Tilt Audio board - or am I mistaken ?

290860509_5322755734485497_3370088674762995531_n (resized).jpg
#1866 2 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

This is apparently one of the circuit boards for Totan 2.0.
To me it looks very much like a slightly rearranged Tilt Audio board - or am I mistaken ?
[quoted image]

Sure does looks that way. Looks like the same daughter modules for amp/DAC/PS. Seeing the software image would help, but nothing on the micro site. Hopefully Steve is involved and this is not just a copy cat.

#1867 2 days ago

I did ask on the Slack channel a while ago, and Steve was not involved at all. They do not seem to use TiltAudio SW. So it looks to be a custom CPU board, heavily derived from TiltAudio

#1868 2 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:I did ask on the Slack channel a while ago, and Steve was not involved at all. They do not seem to use TiltAudio SW. So it looks to be a custom CPU board, heavily derived from TiltAudio

TiltAudio is more of less off the shelf parts. IE - not really anything custom except the board layout and traces. The software is the actual part that is unique.

#1869 2 days ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

TiltAudio is more of less off the shelf parts. IE - not really anything custom except the board layout and traces. The software is the actual part that is unique.

Yeah, it doesn't have the "black pill" and connectors for WPC/Data east, so I guess it's a custom build and probably (somewhat) custom software. Not sure why they chose to go this way, maybe it was cheaper than the Fast audio card ?

#1870 2 days ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yeah, it doesn't have the "black pill" and connectors for WPC/Data east, so I guess it's a custom build and probably (somewhat) custom software. Not sure why they chose to go this way, maybe it was cheaper than the Fast audio card ?

I think it actually acts as the main CPU/sound board when running TOTAN2.0 code.

#1871 2 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I think it actually acts as the main CPU/sound board when running TOTAN2.0 code.

Ok - from what can see this runs on a Fast board set ... ?

https://docs.the-forgotten-tales.com/installation/

backbox_annotated (resized).jpg
#1872 2 days ago

See cable f ? I'm pretty sure this is the audio cable, I2S. It's directly connected to the DAC.

Using the retro pinball platform, it looks like you can get by without a sound card in the first place, provided you have an amplifier board.

My understanding is that when using the original TOTAN code:
- original code runs on the FAST CPU board
- audio is routed to this "Tilt Audio" clone through a dedicated I2S cable
- DMD is replaced by a PIN2DMD, USB connection to the RPI, acting in Virtual Pinball configuration, with DMD data sent by the FAST CPU board to the RPI (which means the RPI translates the DMD information from the Fast board ). That's the "i" cable

When running TOTAN2.0 code:
- RPI act as the main controller: it's connected to the FAST board through a USB interface, connected to a Teensy (that's the small green vertical module). I presume that all IOs for switch/coils/GI/inserts are managed through that link
- RPI drives directly PIN2DMD and sound
- FAST Retro board acts as an interface to the power board and the switches

Unfortunately that retro board is not very well explained in terms of IOs and capabilities, there is no documentation on FAST website. Looks like it can't be ordered separately

Note that the same board was used on Funhouse 2.0, but they also used the new Pinsound board on top of it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
5,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus
There are 1,872 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 38.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!