rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 41.
#1851 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

can you give some more details e.g. rom version, MPU board rev or board number? I just did a test on my LW3 mentioned a few posts above and there was no problem. Would be really nice if someone could provide a logic analyser recording from a NOT working game.
(sorry game rom version is given already = 2.0, my test was done with 2.08 and it works)

Well I have a logic analyzer, but all my TAs are working

Joke aside, I'm curious : would it be possible to use a special debug program on the blackpill that would actually do just that, ie record data from the bus?

Data storage might be a problem though, but if possible that would make it easier for debug.

I'm really not familiar with the this STM part though, so it might be a completely bonker idea

1 month later
#1852 2 years ago

OK, so I've got my Getaway sounding GREAT with my Tilt Audio board, with one exception:
After powering up, the first shot into the Super Charger causes it to go silent for a moment, then it comes back and everything is good. Next (and subsequent) shots into the SC do NOT go silent.

In my sound package, I've got a mix of the actual ZZTop song files (which I downloaded in a package) and the original sound effects and callouts (taken from another package). The one out there with real ZZTop and re-recorded callouts was not for me. OK, then I added Sammy Hagar's "I can't drive 55" for the video mode and the Replacements "Run It" for when the red light is lit.

Anyway, back to the super charger. Today I set up my ipad to link to the Pi and look at the logs. I can get it to report that there are a handful of sounds reported as missing (sounds 192-196). Looking in other sound packages, that appears to be the same in them, too.
What I can't get it to do is give me an active list of what sound is being called when it is called. For example, I'd love to find out what sound it IS playing on the SECOND shot into the Super Charger, so I can copy that sound into the one trying to be played on the first shot. But I can't seem to get that kind of data to display. I've gone through all the "Live Log Level" choices, and none of them appear to be "all".

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jeff

#1853 2 years ago

Sorry for asking this... This thread is way to long to search efficiently. But I have tried and found some..

It seams that users with DE star wars have problems with sounds playing at the wrong times. I have the same issue. It must have to do with wrong config file. Can someone who have a star wars with tilt audio and got the sounds play correctly publish a link to dropbox or something with a working config file, at least so I can have the right sound event codes. Or even better, a complete sound pack that plays correctly.

#1854 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yeah, it would have been interesting to know which games had this kind of bidirectional communication.
So far I have only noticed this on TAF of the games I have placed a Tilt audio card in.
Let me know if there´s anything I can do to assist.

DrWho has an effect, that toggles the selected doctors synced to the beat of the shooter groove, if you don't plunge the ball for a while on ball 1. When using the original sound board, flasher effects will be synced to this, but with tiltaudio, it will not run iterate through the doctors on it's own. (Only tested with the old raspisound board without the "black pill" mcu.)

Funhouse syncs the "after jackpot" lightshow to the audio if using the new cpu&sound eprom combo.

Champion Pub flashes the healthbars to the music when fight is ready.

The latter 2 has not been tested with tiltaudio, but I know the effect is missing if sound board ribbon is disconnected, so I assume the behaviour would be the same with an alternate sound board.

#1855 2 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

What I can't get it to do is give me an active list of what sound is being called when it is called. For example, I'd love to find out what sound it IS playing on the SECOND shot into the Super Charger, so I can copy that sound into the one trying to be played on the first shot. But I can't seem to get that kind of data to display. I've gone through all the "Live Log Level" choices, and none of them appear to be "all".
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeff

Just a wild guess, you sure it's not just a cacheing issue with the first supercharger?

It's been a while since I used tiltaudio, so there might be an easier built in debug solution to this, I don't remember from the top of my head (probably can be done with adjusting logging level or something), but I would fire up pinmame, and shoot a few superchargers in the simulator. If you press f4 to open sound command mode, you can see the last few commands sent by the cpu.

#1856 2 years ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

just offering ideas. as Star Trek seems to be the only DE game I can't get to work I was just trying to identify differences.

I have the same issue with my DE Star Trek. I did some digging with the schematics and a logic probe and discovered that the CPU board never toggles the CLK(STB) line going to the sound board. I have verified this by probing the CLK(STB) line on the original sound board, nothing. This leads me to believe the original sound board's code merely polls the data lines at a specific rate. Very odd choice, perhaps the core code was orignally written for an earlier board design. In any case, I believe the firmware in Tilt Audio will need to poll the data buss instead of relying on the CLK line to trigger the interrupt.

#1857 2 years ago

Hello all,

I have always wanted to order a PCB and put something like this together myself vs. buy a kit, I understand a kit is simpler and a similar price but for me, part of the entertainment is figuring this out. I have decent soldering skills. So far I figured out ordering PCBs using the latest v3.6 files on the Open Source Hardware Lab site. Now I need to source parts, I think I located all the daughterboards however I am struggling with knowing what is required for the smaller items, from resisters to the volume potentiometers. I see that OSHWLab has a BOM but it lacks detailed part numbers, at least as far as I understand. Is there a detailed list of parts I need? Thank you so much for helping!

#1858 2 years ago

Sorry to be a pest and thread bump. Does anyone have a BOM that includes part numbers or descriptions. Maybe steve45 you have something you can share?

3 weeks later
#1859 1 year ago

Look at these amazing boards I now have, it would be so great if I could figure out the last part of the BOM to build these. I understand what all the daughter boards are, I can read all the resister color codes but some of the items are more of a challenge. If folks have a detailed BOM that would be so helpful otherwise I might just have some nice wall hangers...

TL-board (resized).jpgTL-board (resized).jpg
#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from radix:

Look at these amazing boards I now have, it would be so great if I could figure out the last part of the BOM to build these. I understand what all the daughter boards are, I can read all the resister color codes but some of the items are more of a challenge. If folks have a detailed BOM that would be so helpful otherwise I might just have some nice wall hangers...
[quoted image]

Reach out to BrewNinja he may be able to help. He built boards for me.

#1861 1 year ago

I'm starting to do some spring cleaning and have a pair of TIlit Audio boards that I no longer need. Was going to use them in a custom re-theme of a Data East game but decided to pass on that project. Both boards were built for Data East so they aren't setup for a WPC game unless more parts were added so I wouln't recommend these for a WPC game. Both include a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and MicroSD card. I had purchased license files for each of these and that is included on the MicroSD cards as those licenses stay with the RPi they were purchased for.

It's been a while since I looked at these so I would recommend saving off the license files and starting fresh with a current build and then put the license back on the new image.

I was looking to get $120 shipped for the V2.5d board and $135 shipped for the V2.6a board. If someone wants both then $220 shipped for the pair.

Since Raspberry Pi are so hard to get these days I'd consider selling the boards without them and just reuse the 3A+ boards for a different project.

Please send a PM if interested.

tilt2_5d (resized).jpgtilt2_5d (resized).jpgtilt2_6a (resized).jpgtilt2_6a (resized).jpg
#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I'm starting to do some spring cleaning and have a pair of TIlit Audio boards that I no longer need. Was going to use them in a custom re-theme of a Data East game but decided to pass on that project. Both boards were built for Data East so they aren't setup for a WPC game unless more parts were added so I wouln't recommend these for a WPC game. Both include a Raspberry Pi 3A+ and MicroSD card. I had purchased license files for each of these and that is included on the MicroSD cards as those licenses stay with the RPi they were purchased for.
It's been a while since I looked at these so I would recommend saving off the license files and starting fresh with a current build and then put the license back on the new image.
I was looking to get $120 shipped for the V2.5d board and $135 shipped for the V2.6a board. If someone wants both then $220 shipped for the pair.
Since Raspberry Pi are so hard to get these days I'd consider selling the boards without them and just reuse the 3A+ boards for a different project.
Please send a PM if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is a really good deal, especially with the inclusion of the PIs and SD card. Even if you were to want them for a WPC game, it's only a couple of headers that need to be added - the WPC ribbon cable (which you may already have if you have a Raspberry Pi hanging around) and 4 pin connectors for the speakers - not too bad.

#1863 1 year ago

The V2.6a board is gone but the V2.5d board is still available.

1 week later
#1864 1 year ago

The V2.6a board is gone but the V2.5d board is still available.

The V2.5d board including the RPi 3A+, MicroSD card, and Tilt Audio License is now $100 shipped. Board is setup for Data East machines. Spring cleaning and moving things on to new homes.... PM if interested.

1 month later
#1865 1 year ago

This is apparently one of the circuit boards for Totan 2.0.
To me it looks very much like a slightly rearranged Tilt Audio board - or am I mistaken ?

290860509_5322755734485497_3370088674762995531_n (resized).jpg290860509_5322755734485497_3370088674762995531_n (resized).jpg
#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

To me it looks very much like a slightly rearranged Tilt Audio board - or am I mistaken ?
[quoted image]

Sure does looks that way. Looks like the same daughter modules for amp/DAC/PS. Seeing the software image would help, but nothing on the micro site. Hopefully Steve is involved and this is not just a copy cat.

#1867 1 year ago

I did ask on the Slack channel a while ago, and Steve was not involved at all. They do not seem to use TiltAudio SW. So it looks to be a custom CPU board, heavily derived from TiltAudio

#1868 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:I did ask on the Slack channel a while ago, and Steve was not involved at all. They do not seem to use TiltAudio SW. So it looks to be a custom CPU board, heavily derived from TiltAudio

TiltAudio is more of less off the shelf parts. IE - not really anything custom except the board layout and traces. The software is the actual part that is unique.

#1869 1 year ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

TiltAudio is more of less off the shelf parts. IE - not really anything custom except the board layout and traces. The software is the actual part that is unique.

Yeah, it doesn't have the "black pill" and connectors for WPC/Data east, so I guess it's a custom build and probably (somewhat) custom software. Not sure why they chose to go this way, maybe it was cheaper than the Fast audio card ?

#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Yeah, it doesn't have the "black pill" and connectors for WPC/Data east, so I guess it's a custom build and probably (somewhat) custom software. Not sure why they chose to go this way, maybe it was cheaper than the Fast audio card ?

I think it actually acts as the main CPU/sound board when running TOTAN2.0 code.

#1871 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I think it actually acts as the main CPU/sound board when running TOTAN2.0 code.

Ok - from what can see this runs on a Fast board set ... ?

https://docs.the-forgotten-tales.com/installation/

backbox_annotated (resized).jpgbackbox_annotated (resized).jpg
#1872 1 year ago

See cable f ? I'm pretty sure this is the audio cable, I2S. It's directly connected to the DAC.

Using the retro pinball platform, it looks like you can get by without a sound card in the first place, provided you have an amplifier board.

My understanding is that when using the original TOTAN code:
- original code runs on the FAST CPU board
- audio is routed to this "Tilt Audio" clone through a dedicated I2S cable
- DMD is replaced by a PIN2DMD, USB connection to the RPI, acting in Virtual Pinball configuration, with DMD data sent by the FAST CPU board to the RPI (which means the RPI translates the DMD information from the Fast board ). That's the "i" cable

When running TOTAN2.0 code:
- RPI act as the main controller: it's connected to the FAST board through a USB interface, connected to a Teensy (that's the small green vertical module). I presume that all IOs for switch/coils/GI/inserts are managed through that link
- RPI drives directly PIN2DMD and sound
- FAST Retro board acts as an interface to the power board and the switches

Unfortunately that retro board is not very well explained in terms of IOs and capabilities, there is no documentation on FAST website. Looks like it can't be ordered separately

Note that the same board was used on Funhouse 2.0, but they also used the new Pinsound board on top of it

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

[quoted image]

You are right ! I helped Steve designing the 3.x Tiltaudio PCB and on request from the Totan 2.0 team, I quickly modified the PCB to work as a PI Audio board for their project.

2 months later
#1874 1 year ago

Is it possible to use this board + wpc89 video board to replace the av board on wpc95 ? Like is done with the pinsound..if yes, there is a guide on how to? Thanks!

#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Is it possible to use this board + wpc89 video board to replace the av board on wpc95 ? Like is done with the pinsound..if yes, there is a guide on how to? Thanks!

Yes and no!
Tilt!Audio works according to the same principle, but what claim Pinsound is not quite correct (it will never be 100% compatible with WPC-95).

The A/V board (A-20516) of the WPC-95 integrates two functions, audio and video, neither of which can be deactivated. We cannot replace only the audio part by putting an additional sound board (Tilt!Audio or Pinsound) in addition to the A/V board.
So, what is then usually recommended is to install a sound board (Tilt!Audio or Pinsound) and replace the A/V board with a simple video board (A-14039). Of course, you have to add a ribbon cable. This works... but not always why ?

Because the couple "Tilt!Audio (or Pinsound)" + "A-14039" is not 100% equivalent to an original A/V board (A-20516). Sometimes it works, and sometimes not.

Two examples, the first is the "Phantom Haus".
Ok, I admit it's a bit peculiar, but on this WPC-95 machine, the dot screen is 128x64 (and not 128x32). The A/V board can manage this resolution, while the simple video bord does not. We cannot therefore replace the A/V board with another one here.

The second, is the "CONGO".
This WPC-95 machine was also produced as a kit for WPC-S, with compatible eprom sets for both systems. But, as there is a separate fliptronic board in the WPC-S, the system must identify which hardware is used, and for that it looks at certain registers of the A/V board (which do not exist on the simple video board). This ways, at startup, the system identify on which hardware (WPC-95 or WPC-S) it is running. It's even more fun: there is some EPROM versions specific to original WPC-95 (that has been released before Williams introduce the WPC-S kit), that doesn't use this identification.
Depending on the EPROM version installed, sometimes the additional sound board doesn't works (not recognized as WPC-95). But if you try another version of EPROM, this time, the soundboard works... but unfortunately, the system being forced as WPC-95 (while it is a WPC-S kit) the fliptronic is not addressed (this function being integrated on the driver board. So, this time, the flippers doesn't work ! Strange, but true.
In this case, there is no solution for replacing the A/V board.

Technically: The ASIC of the WPC-95 A/V board contains specific functions and registers, which do not exist on a simple video board. It is sometimes used, as in the "Phantom Haus" and "CONGO", and sometimes not. So we can never say in advance that it will work.

Of course, there are people who have already done this for some WPC-95, and it works.

#1876 1 year ago

noflip95 thank you very much for this exhaustive explanation! Is there a guide to follow on how to install a sound board (Tilt!Audio) and replace the A/V board with a simple video board (A-14039) on those wpc95 that allows it?? MM, MB, CC, AFM etc

2 months later
#1877 1 year ago

I have a tiltaudio board w/ pi 3b+ in my LW3. Board is the latest revision w/ fw1.41. I have an issue where the end of ball bonus sound and a few of the mode sounds are lingering instead of switching back to main theme song. Is there something in the advanced config i should be adjusting?

*I have the chad rom installed if that matters.

#1878 1 year ago

Hi

I have a 3.10 board that I assembled with rev 1.41 software. I am using a pi 4. I am able to play sound clips thru the web interface, but only using the DAC. I am getting the following error message at the very beginning of the log.

2021-01-27 12:25:01.599 DEBUG BASEPATH is /boot
2021-01-27 12:25:01.627 DEBUG Detected custom DSP firmware on SD card
2021-01-27 12:25:01.640 INFO sigma_lo [i2c_open] [i2c.c:70] i2c: Initalized for device /dev/i2c-1-34
2021-01-27 12:25:01.640 DEBUG sigma_lo [i2c_open] [i2c.c:71] i2c fd: 3
2021-01-27 12:25:01.640 INFO sigma_lo [iterateNodes] [sigma_loader.c:99] Write 'IC 1.CoreRegister' at addr 2076 len 2
2021-01-27 12:25:01.640 ERROR sigma_lo [iterateNodes] [sigma_loader.c:102] Writing to i2c device failed.

2021-01-27 12:25:01.647 DEBUG DSP not found, loading overlay hifiberry
2021-01-27 12:25:01.655 DEBUG DTOVERLAY[debug]: using platform 'bcm2711'
2021-01-27 12:25:01.660 DEBUG DTOVERLAY[debug]: overlay map loaded
2021-01-27 12:25:01.665 DEBUG run_cmd: which dtoverlay-pre >/dev/null 2>&1 && dtoverlay-pre
2021-01-27 12:25:01.669 DEBUG DTOVERLAY[debug]: loading file '/boot/overlays/hifiberry-dac.dtbo'
2021-01-27 12:25:01.674 DEBUG DTOVERLAY[debug]: wrote 655 bytes to '/tmp/.dtoverlays/1_hifiberry-dac.dtbo'
2021-01-27 12:25:01.678 DEBUG DTOVERLAY[debug]: wrote 655 bytes to '/sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/1_hifiberry-dac/dtbo'
2021-01-27 12:25:01.682 DEBUG run_cmd: which dtoverlay-post >/dev/null 2>&1 && dtoverlay-pore

What does this error mean? Is there a problem with the hardware? What can I do to clear the error?

Thanks for any help.

John

1 week later
#1879 1 year ago

Okay, in case anyone is having the errors I had, after a week of digging around I found the following solutions for my 2 problems listed above.

First, the sigma loader error only appears after I upgrade to version 1.41. I am using a PI 4 on tilt!audio board rev 3.10. Not sure why this happens but for now I will stay with rev 1.40. If anyone has any thoughts on this please let me know.

Second, the omxplayer error: libavutil.so.55 not found is remedied by adding the following to your environment

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib64:/usr/lib/omxplayer

Not sure why that isn't already in one of the startup files.

Now I just have to figure out why nothing is being displayed on my hdmi monitor.

1 month later
#1880 1 year ago

Has the tilt audio board been confirmed to work on stern whitestar modified games?

#1881 1 year ago

It’s seems this project is abandoned. No real activity in this post in months. People including myself looking for support have questions unanswered. I managed to get mine working halfway decent in my lethal weapon but I regret not going with a pinsound setup.

#1882 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

It’s seems this project is abandoned. No real activity in this post in months. People including myself looking for support have questions unanswered. I managed to get mine working halfway decent in my lethal weapon but I regret not going with a pinsound setup.

Has anyone seen Steve on any of the forums? Is he ok? Hope he is just busy and that nothing happened to him.

While the PCB design is open source and any of us could modify and update, unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case with the software to make it work.

Does anyone here have the source files for the RPi software and for that Microcontroller interface used on newer boards? If the project is going to get abandoned it would be awesome if those other files are found so that others could pickup the project and keep it going. It at least helps those with an investment in the boards.

#1883 1 year ago

Hmmm...yeah I messaged the U.S. seller of these boards Charlie, he was nice but couldn't answer tech questions and pointed me towards Steve. Messaged him few days ago...nothing. Lookin like Pinsound

#1884 1 year ago

Is PinSound dead !?

#1885 1 year ago

My apologies if this is answered somewhere in the forum but either I’m a bad searcher or… nah I’m probably just a bad searcher.

I was in the middle of replacing my stock speakers on my TAF with Tony’s DIY guide when I decided to try a Tilt! board too. I know that Tony’s guide matches the impedance that the the original speakers presented, but since I see I’m changing the wiring configuration as per his instructions (serial instead of parallel, and he changes the pinning in the sound board connectors as well), I am worried that changing both that and the sound board at the same time will have some consequences.

Is the Tilt!Audio board made to keep the original wiring configuration in place, or if I change the wiring to Tony’s specs, is it all the same—no untoward changes in impedance or the ability for the board to do its crossover work, etc.

I haven’t received my board yet but I am about to work on the wiring and I wanted to be sure I don’t do anything stupid. Thank you!

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from Bendit:

Is PinSound dead !?

No, this is tilt audio

#1887 1 year ago

Has anyone seen Steve on any of the forums? Is he ok? Hope he is just busy and that nothing happened to him.

Steve is busy with his real life job ! That he just does not have the time to give one on one support does not mean the project is abandoned.
As there are plenty of users with a fully working setup the swarm knowledge of the community should help the others to get things up and running.
Remember, this is not a commercial product, it is a DIY project.

#1888 1 year ago

Thanks for letting everyone know Steve is ok. I think that was the main concern.

I hope that you or someone else can act as a backup in case anything ever did happen to Steve so the project can continue.

#1889 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballguy7:

I have the same issue with my DE Star Trek. I did some digging with the schematics and a logic probe and discovered that the CPU board never toggles the CLK(STB) line going to the sound board. I have verified this by probing the CLK(STB) line on the original sound board, nothing. This leads me to believe the original sound board's code merely polls the data lines at a specific rate. Very odd choice, perhaps the core code was orignally written for an earlier board design. In any case, I believe the firmware in Tilt Audio will need to poll the data buss instead of relying on the CLK line to trigger the interrupt.

lucky1 Is this something Steve would have to change in order to get TiltAudio working in DE Star Trek?

#1890 1 year ago
Quoted from ptolemy:

lucky1 Is this something Steve would have to change in order to get TiltAudio working in DE Star Trek?

No,afaik there is nothing Steve can do about this. It is a missing signal from the ROM. Only a ROM modification could solve this.

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from lucky1:

No,afaik there is nothing Steve can do about this. It is a missing signal from the ROM. Only a ROM modification could solve this.

Well that's a bummer..

#1892 1 year ago

Hey all, I’m about halfway through assembling my v 3.7 purple board and I’m second guessing a couple of things. If anyone has insight to share and make me more confident, I’d be really appreciative!

First, the black pill board had a 90 degree set of 4 pins in the wrapper with it but I don’t see how that could be used. In the fully assembled 3.5 board photos on the website, it looks like I should be soldering the four holes at the bottom of the black pill module, and there are four holes in the board right underneath. So I’m thinking that’s what’s required and the 90-degree bent pins aren’t necessary?

Also I have two questions about the headphone jack audio out module. In its package, there were a bunch of short green wires that I don’t see being used in the assembly photos but I wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

I also wanted to make sure I’m seeing the pins on that board right—Steve made notations about which pins to remove in the connectors but not on the modules, but it looks to me that there are no pins on a few of the holes on the left side. So should I go ahead and just leave out the pins for holes 1. 2, and G? Pics posted for reference. Thank you!

48EDD1D1-CEAF-472D-A12B-12CBA71315FF (resized).jpeg48EDD1D1-CEAF-472D-A12B-12CBA71315FF (resized).jpegFB4482A9-1CC3-4019-80EB-0CBA8F43532F (resized).jpegFB4482A9-1CC3-4019-80EB-0CBA8F43532F (resized).jpeg
#1893 1 year ago

With regards to the black pill, yes the 4 pin header need to be soldered to the main PCB. This is used to program the blackpill

As for the DAC, I'm not using it (using the DSP) except on an older board, and I don't recall not soldering one pin. But it has been a while, and I don't have the board anymore to check

#1894 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

With regards to the black pill, yes the 4 pin header need to be soldered to the main PCB. This is used to program the blackpill
As for the DAC, I'm not using it (using the DSP) except on an older board, and I don't recall not soldering one pin. But it has been a while, and I don't have the board anymore to check

Thanks for the help! I think I’ve got it all together now, except that it seems that the DC-DC converters were accidentally left out of my kit. I’ve written to see about getting them, I suppose I won’t be able to do anything more until I get those.

#1895 1 year ago

I suppose I have another silly question. My DC – DC converters should be arriving today, so in the meantime, I prepared my microSD card and went ahead and put my raspberry pi 3B into the board. Everything seems to be working correctly, except that I can’t get the tilt audio SSID to show up. I was going to try to look around the web UI. I have flashed the card with software version 1.38, which looks like it’s the most recent, and I’ve tried it with the 1.41 update zip on it and also without it. I put a few sound packs on to, and also tried it without sound packs.

Anyway, the FAQ says it’s supposed to be automatically broadcasting the TILTAUDIO SSID but it’s not showing up for me. Any ideas? Thank you!

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from deejaypee:

I suppose I have another silly question. My DC – DC converters should be arriving today, so in the meantime, I prepared my microSD card and went ahead and put my raspberry pi 3B into the board. Everything seems to be working correctly, except that I can’t get the tilt audio SSID to show up. I was going to try to look around the web UI. I have flashed the card with software version 1.38, which looks like it’s the most recent, and I’ve tried it with the 1.41 update zip on it and also without it. I put a few sound packs on to, and also tried it without sound packs.
Anyway, the FAQ says it’s supposed to be automatically broadcasting the TILTAUDIO SSID but it’s not showing up for me. Any ideas? Thank you!

Sounds like the Pi isn't fully booted. I would hook up a monitor to the HDMI, keyboard is also useful. Just to verify that it's booting without issue.

#1897 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

Sounds like the Pi isn't fully booted. I would hook up a monitor to the HDMI, keyboard is also useful. Just to verify that it's booting without issue.

Good idea, I’ll give that a look later tonight. It looked from the lcd onboard that it was booted because I could use the buttons to change sound sets and reset the Pi, but it isn’t plugged into the game yet so maybe that causes an issue. It still thinks it’s in a Data East machine, for instance. We shall see!

F0E1FD2F-37AB-4B40-9B31-ABD260AFA16F (resized).jpegF0E1FD2F-37AB-4B40-9B31-ABD260AFA16F (resized).jpeg
#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I went ahead and put it into the board and into the game. I don’t know why that made a difference, but the TILTAUDIO SSID popped up fine when I did that. Now I’m trying to figure out the interface.

My tiny screen is still claiming it’s a data east machine but I’ve got my WPC cable plugged in and everything. I don’t see where to change that in the web ui. In the FAQ it shows where to change it in the raspisound.ini file but says it’s only necessary for board revision before 3.5. I have a 3.10 and actually it doesn’t look like there is a raspisound.ini file in it when I search through the image file. In the logs, it mentions that it doesn’t find that file. I’m using what I think is the latest image, 1.38.

1 week later
#1899 1 year ago

Has anyone had success installing on Robocop ?

2 weeks later
#1900 1 year ago
Quoted from Vader77:

I bought one a few weeks ago for my DESW and it is super-awesome! I've had a blast playing with sounds and music. Shipping was fast as were answers to my questions. Highly recommend

How do access to "playing with sounds and music" ? There is no information anywhere on the net to explain how to do this.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Loop Combo Pinball

13,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

€ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PPmods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Loop Combo Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.