rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 41.
#1601 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

TA Itself can configure a predefined subset of filters in the "dsp program". There is a naming convention and a restriction of filter types that can be reconfigured by TILT!Audio directly. This is because TA need to recalculate filter coefficients which is not possible for all filter blocks that Sigma Studio provides

Ok, and should this be visible/available in the web interface ?
If it isn't, what could be wrong ?

#1602 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

Ok, and should this be visible/available in the web interface ?
If it isn't, what could be wrong ?

Yes looks like this: pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
But you need latest firmware see changelog

#1603 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Yes looks like this: [quoted image]

Ok, I'll have to check again - didn't see those settings on 1.36 and have had issues with the DSP-card.
Works fine with a "ordinary" sound card on the same TiltAudio-card, though.

#1604 2 years ago

Any idea when the latest V1.36 will be available as a download for the full base image? It looks like the link still points to V1.34

#1605 2 years ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

Any idea when the latest V1.36 will be available as a download for the full base image? It looks like the link still points to V1.34

Why don´t you write the full image to a SD and before inserting it into the PI copy the latest update.zip to the update folder ?

Then create a image from it and you have a V1.36 full install image for your next SD card.

#1606 2 years ago

I can try that to see if it helps, At the moment I can run up to v1.32

The V1.34 version doesn't work for me on a Rpi 3A+ for Data East. I can put the update on that to see if if fixes it or not. I can also try to put the update on the V1.32 that currently works to see if that will update and still work.

#1607 2 years ago

Hello all,

Is anyone using a Rpi zero ? Any performance issue ? (WPC)

#1609 2 years ago

Trying to get custom chime installed. Replaced original boot.ogg using ssh with winscp but now it doesn’t play it. Tried putting old one back and that won’t play either now. I do have it installed in the settings boot chime yes. Any ideas on how to fix it. Thanks! Loving the new sound on My STTNG

#1610 2 years ago

I can try that to see if it helps, At the moment I can run up to v1.32
The V1.34 version doesn't work for me on a Rpi 3A+ for Data East. I can put the update on that to see if if fixes it or not. I can also try to put the update on the V1.32 that currently works to see if that will update and still work.

The problem you describe sounds like these sounds are not preloaded. Maybe the soundset is too large or some sounds in the soundsets are too large and do not fit into RAM anymore. 3A+ has 512MB and 3B 1Gig of RAM.
A full version image of the latest version would be exactly the same as what you get with the procedure I described.

#1611 2 years ago

https://tiltaudio.com/file/update-latest points to the latest update. Firmware image is still 1.34. It it simply not necessary to always update the image as well, just copy the update zip over and you're done.

#1612 2 years ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

Replaced original boot.ogg using ssh with winscp but now it doesn’t play it. Tried putting old one back and that won’t play either now. I do have it installed in the settings boot chime yes. Any ideas on how to fix it.

There's nothing special about the boot.ogg file. TILT!Audio just uses SDL to play the audio files. Have you checked the logfile, if it tells something is wrong with the file? I can check you boot chime file if you like, just provide me an url to download it

#1613 2 years ago

There is a new blog post on the website for the lua experts, that want to get more out of TILT!Audio lua runtime support, see: https://tiltaudio.com/2021/05/18/lua-scripting-with-modules/
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1614 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

There's nothing special about the boot.ogg file. TILT!Audio just uses SDL to play the audio files. Have you checked the logfile, if it tells something is wrong with the file? I can check you boot chime file if you like, just provide me an url to download it

Which user does the TiltAudio daemon run as ?
Does this user have file permissions to access the new boot.ogg file ?

#1615 2 years ago

Here’s the winscp screenshot. When I uploaded the new boot.ogg it had similar rights as the other files except owner was pi instead of root. If I need to change it to root I’m not sure exactly how. When I redownloaded the original it also said owner was pi and didn’t play. I also had tried putting boot.ogg in the boot/data/sounds on sd card before attempting access to despi section, but no luck with that either

3094E6EF-16F4-4092-B291-B5F05B2F5008 (resized).png3094E6EF-16F4-4092-B291-B5F05B2F5008 (resized).png37839F7F-BAED-47D9-8212-16B43359CAB4 (resized).jpeg37839F7F-BAED-47D9-8212-16B43359CAB4 (resized).jpeg
#1616 2 years ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

Here’s the winscp screenshot. When I uploaded the new boot.ogg it had similar rights as the other files except owner was pi instead of root. If I need to change it to root I’m not sure exactly how. When I redownloaded the original it also said owner was pi and didn’t play. I also had tried putting boot.ogg in the boot/data/sounds on sd card before attempting access to despi section, but no luck with that either
[quoted image][quoted image]

You did use binary transfer for WinSCP ? https://winscp.net/eng/docs/transfer_mode

Can you SSH into the box and do "sudo su" (using the pi password) and then "chown root.root boot.ogg" in the /home/pi/despi/sounds directory ?
Might also do "chmod 644 boot.ogg" afterwards as well.
Shouldn't matter, but you never know ...

#1617 2 years ago

Ended up with root Access using winscp. I think the main problem was the new boot.ogg was 48 instead 44.1 sampling rate. Once I re-encoded that to 44.1 and the deleted the boot.ogg from the folder with the sound sets then it played from the default system sound folder. So it’s working now from that location vs the sound set area

#1618 2 years ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

Ended up with root Access using winscp. I think the main problem was the new boot.ogg was 48 instead 44.1 sampling rate. Once I re-encoded that to 44.1 and the deleted the boot.ogg from the folder with the sound sets then it played from the default system sound folder. So it’s working now from that location vs the sound set area

That's interesting. Depending on your chosen ALSA device sample rate conversion should be done automatically. However it is always a good idea to provide matching sample rate. Matching means match the configured output frequency.
From you screenshot I cannot see, what audio device was selected. Maybe I should also check the error handling, because this type of playback errors normally should result in a meaningful error message in the logfile

#1619 2 years ago

I'm going to build a TiltAudio 3.5 board (just received the PCB - waiting on a few more components), will take some pictures as I progress in the soldering to provide to the wiki.

Note: I'll use headers where I can as it's more convenient when swapping (except maybe the 12V and 5V regulators)
Note 2 : I'll use the DSP

Any area you would like to get extra pictures during the assembly process ?

#1620 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

That's interesting. Depending on your chosen ALSA device sample rate conversion should be done automatically. However it is always a good idea to provide matching sample rate. Matching means match the configured output frequency.
From you screenshot I cannot see, what audio device was selected. Maybe I should also check the error handling, because this type of playback errors normally should result in a meaningful error message in the logfile

did a few tests yesterday and could not reproduce it, also not with a 48kHz resampled boot.ogg. also tried a couple of audio devices. same results: it just plays

#1621 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Any area you would like to get extra pictures during the assembly process ?

you can always share pictures in the slack workspace. if you create a step by step doc with pictures I will publish it on the official website

1 week later
#1622 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

https://tiltaudio.com/file/update-latest points to the latest update. Firmware image is still 1.34. It it simply not necessary to always update the image as well, just copy the update zip over and you're done.

I tried copying the update zip file to the update directory but it didn't seem to apply it. However the update did work if I uploaded it through the web interface and applied if from there.

It looks like v1.36 runs fine on the Rpi 3A+ on the board I have setup with Williams for the Dr Who. This is on a V3.1 board. It has a license file.

Unfortunately I haven't had any success with v1.34 ot v1.36 on a Rpi 3A+ setup for Data East. Seems to either lockup or any sounds that play are spotty or cut off. I have three boards setup for Data East. Versions 2.5c, 2.5d, and 2.6a If I back the main image down to v1.32 it boots and seem ok.

For the Data East I have one sound set loaded for Rocky and Bullwinkle. It also has the license file so that shouldn't be an issue. Same license and sound set that work ok under v1.32

Any suggestions on what to check to get the newer versions to work?

#1623 2 years ago

I tried copying the update zip file to the update directory but it didn't seem to apply it. However the update did work if I uploaded it through the web interface and applied if from there.
It looks like v1.36 runs fine on the Rpi 3A+ on the board I have setup with Williams for the Dr Who. This is on a V3.1 board. It has a license file.
Unfortunately I haven't had any success with v1.34 ot v1.36 on a Rpi 3A+ setup for Data East. Seems to either lockup or any sounds that play are spotty or cut off. I have three boards setup for Data East. Versions 2.5c, 2.5d, and 2.6a If I back the main image down to v1.32 it boots and seem ok.
For the Data East I have one sound set loaded for Rocky and Bullwinkle. It also has the license file so that shouldn't be an issue. Same license and sound set that work ok under v1.32
Any suggestions on what to check to get the newer versions to work?

latest version should run even on very old revisions. I just recently installed a 1.6 on a adapter like TiltAudio installation that was not even a board but a pi hat.
as always it would help I you can send me a logfile of your failed runs together with board rev.

#1624 2 years ago

There is a new firmware version out 1.37
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
You can download the update as always https://tiltaudio.com/file/update-latest or trigger the automatic update in the web UI.

I also updated the firmware image. It now contains the latest firmware 1.37. Check it out: https://tiltaudio.com/file/firmware-latest

#1625 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

latest version should run even on very old revisions. I just recently installed a 1.6 on a adapter like TiltAudio installation that was not even a board but a pi hat.
as always it would help I you can send me a logfile of your failed runs together with board rev.

I found the issue that I was having with the Data East setup. When preloading the audio set it would reboot and start the cycle over and over.

Tried a different 3A+ board and it seems to be fine. Looks like I have a bad 3A+ board. I'm glad I was able to pinpoint the issue but it really sucks since I had purchased a license for that bad board. If I had to guess it is probably bad RAM on that Pi that was never used until the preloading of the audio sets so it didn't show up before with the earlier versions.

Looks like I need to buy a new license to keep going.

#1626 2 years ago

Just ordered a new license for the replacement 3A+ board. Hopefully that will take care of the issues I had with the old one.

#1627 2 years ago

I am facing a brick wall with the Lua and i2c, is there any users on Pinside using these functions that can compare notes ?

#1628 2 years ago

ok...I got mine assembled but the pi 3B+ will not plug in, the USB ports are in the way. What step did I miss?

#1629 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

ok...I got mine assembled but the pi 3B+ will not plug in, the USB ports are in the way. What step did I miss?

Can you post a picture? There were multiple board versions. For the 3B+ is the 40-pin connector flush against the board or raised up a bit? I used a 3A+ since they are smaller.

#1630 2 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

You need to use a raised/extended 40 pin GPIO connector. A normal one wont work as RobotWorkshop alluded to.

#1631 2 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

You need to use a raised/extended 40 pin GPIO connector. A normal one wont work as RobotWorkshop alluded to.

Got it, thanks

1 week later
#1632 2 years ago

I picked up a 3.0 kit from @brewninja, got it soldered up and it's sort of working. I thought I'd post a few things, some as questions, some because they might help others get this running.
Here's how it went for me today:
- soldering was pretty straightforward. Nothing to see here. I had thought about putting headers in for the "modules" that need to be soldered to the board, but I didn't have any around and decided to just go for it.
- I followed the quick start on the TILT!Audio site here: https://tiltaudio.com/2020/11/11/quick-start/ While it did get me started, it could be improved.
- I've used Win32DiskImager to write my SD cards since I've started using RPis, but for some reason that didn't work, so I used the recommended Etcher and it worked fine
- One of the things in the quick start guide says to go into the raspisound.ini file and set "vendor=1" for WPC. No problem, I can do that, except for the fact that there is no raspisound.ini file in the latest version of the Pi image. It's just not there. After a little research, I found a note that recommended you just set it up with the WebUI, because that's easier. OK, I guess I'll do that.
- Wasn't entirely sure what format the sound packs needed to be in. That's not mentioned in the quick start guide. After a little more research, I found that each sound set needs to be in its own folder (not sure if there's a naming convention to follow for these folders), and all the sound files and altsound.csv go directly into these folders. OK, I can do that.
- I know that the full RPi is recommended, but there are some notes on the site that say that a zero might work. I happen to have an unused Zero around (from my LISY80 board that I'm not currently using), so I figured I'd give that a try.
- I installed the board and powered it up. The machine booted up quite a bit before the TILTAudio board, but that's not a big deal to me. It booted and started talking to me, so I figured I was just a couple steps away from getting it to work. Almost...
- It told me it was in Data East mode, and that the soundset didn't seem to match the setting. OK, so I found the TILTAUDIO wifi network and went to the expert config settings and changed it to WPC. I did a power cycle on the game (didn't see the reboot button in the UI at first) and when it booted up, it was still in DE mode. I took out the SD card, and NOW there is a raspisound.ini file, but there's nothing in it. I type "vendor=1" and save it and try again.
- this time it preloaded the sound set. Seems that it kind of "clicks" through the speakers every few seconds while it's pre-loading, eventually finishing and then some sort of beep, indicating it's done. While it's doing this, the little OLED display puts more periods after the "A...", indicating it's loading, I guess.

So now I'm in WPC mode (it announced that), and it's preloaded soundset 1 (of 2) and I'm ready to go.
I press start and it seems to be working. I'm playing the Getaway and it's running the stock soundset (for starters), and all seems pretty good. Until I get a little way through ball 1 and then the sound starts getting REALLY choppy. I ran the volume all the way down (because I'd seen that be done to change the soundset) and it said it was preloading soundset 2. Cool.
After loading soundset 2, I tried to play a game, but the sound was really choppy again. I rebooted the machine and it came up into soundset #2 again, and this time the sound was good. Until about midway through a game again, and then it got choppy again.

Is this maybe a product of using the Pi Zero?

After that first reset when using the WebUI, I couldn't find the TILTAUDIO wifi network anymore. I think once it wrote that blank raspisound.ini file, it no longer used that as a setup. When I deleted that file, I was able to find that network again and connect to the WebUI. I figured I should probably just have it hook up to my home network, but that wasn't as straightforward as I expected it to be.
I again set it up for WPC, tried to play a couple games...they worked OK for a little bit, then got really choppy.
That's about all I had the energy for today, so I shut it down and decided to write this up.

So my biggest questions are:
- is the choppy sound due to the Pi Zero?
- does the WebUI try to default to your home network or something, so that after the first use, it goes away?

One more question that didn't come up above:
- is there a speaker impedance setting or limit? From a previous speaker upgrade, I'm currently running 2x4ohm speakers in my backbox, and I believe my cabinet speaker is an 8ohm. I may run a crossover on the cabinet speaker, so it only runs the low frequencies, but do I need to be concerned about the impedance?

That's about all I've got for today. Hope this helps others, and I'd love to get some answers/comments from those that have gotten this running properly.

-

#1633 2 years ago
Quoted from Grangeomatic:

I picked up a 3.0 kit from BrewNinja, got it soldered up and it's sort of working. I thought I'd post a few things, some as questions, some because they might help others get this running.
Here's how it went for me today:
- soldering was pretty straightforward. Nothing to see here. I had thought about putting headers in for the "modules" that need to be soldered to the board, but I didn't have any around and decided to just go for it.
- I followed the quick start on the TILT!Audio site here: https://tiltaudio.com/2020/11/11/quick-start/ While it did get me started, it could be improved.
- I've used Win32DiskImager to write my SD cards since I've started using RPis, but for some reason that didn't work, so I used the recommended Etcher and it worked fine
- One of the things in the quick start guide says to go into the raspisound.ini file and set "vendor=1" for WPC. No problem, I can do that, except for the fact that there is no raspisound.ini file in the latest version of the Pi image. It's just not there. After a little research, I found a note that recommended you just set it up with the WebUI, because that's easier. OK, I guess I'll do that.
- Wasn't entirely sure what format the sound packs needed to be in. That's not mentioned in the quick start guide. After a little more research, I found that each sound set needs to be in its own folder (not sure if there's a naming convention to follow for these folders), and all the sound files and altsound.csv go directly into these folders. OK, I can do that.
- I know that the full RPi is recommended, but there are some notes on the site that say that a zero might work. I happen to have an unused Zero around (from my LISY80 board that I'm not currently using), so I figured I'd give that a try.
- I installed the board and powered it up. The machine booted up quite a bit before the TILTAudio board, but that's not a big deal to me. It booted and started talking to me, so I figured I was just a couple steps away from getting it to work. Almost...
- It told me it was in Data East mode, and that the soundset didn't seem to match the setting. OK, so I found the TILTAUDIO wifi network and went to the expert config settings and changed it to WPC. I did a power cycle on the game (didn't see the reboot button in the UI at first) and when it booted up, it was still in DE mode. I took out the SD card, and NOW there is a raspisound.ini file, but there's nothing in it. I type "vendor=1" and save it and try again.
- this time it preloaded the sound set. Seems that it kind of "clicks" through the speakers every few seconds while it's pre-loading, eventually finishing and then some sort of beep, indicating it's done. While it's doing this, the little OLED display puts more periods after the "A...", indicating it's loading, I guess.
So now I'm in WPC mode (it announced that), and it's preloaded soundset 1 (of 2) and I'm ready to go.
I press start and it seems to be working. I'm playing the Getaway and it's running the stock soundset (for starters), and all seems pretty good. Until I get a little way through ball 1 and then the sound starts getting REALLY choppy. I ran the volume all the way down (because I'd seen that be done to change the soundset) and it said it was preloading soundset 2. Cool.
After loading soundset 2, I tried to play a game, but the sound was really choppy again. I rebooted the machine and it came up into soundset #2 again, and this time the sound was good. Until about midway through a game again, and then it got choppy again.
Is this maybe a product of using the Pi Zero?
After that first reset when using the WebUI, I couldn't find the TILTAUDIO wifi network anymore. I think once it wrote that blank raspisound.ini file, it no longer used that as a setup. When I deleted that file, I was able to find that network again and connect to the WebUI. I figured I should probably just have it hook up to my home network, but that wasn't as straightforward as I expected it to be.
I again set it up for WPC, tried to play a couple games...they worked OK for a little bit, then got really choppy.
That's about all I had the energy for today, so I shut it down and decided to write this up.
So my biggest questions are:
- is the choppy sound due to the Pi Zero?
- does the WebUI try to default to your home network or something, so that after the first use, it goes away?
One more question that didn't come up above:
- is there a speaker impedance setting or limit? From a previous speaker upgrade, I'm currently running 2x4ohm speakers in my backbox, and I believe my cabinet speaker is an 8ohm. I may run a crossover on the cabinet speaker, so it only runs the low frequencies, but do I need to be concerned about the impedance?
That's about all I've got for today. Hope this helps others, and I'd love to get some answers/comments from those that have gotten this running properly.
-

I believe nobody tested with a PiZero. We have tested various flavors (especially RPI 3 Model A+), but Pi Zero seems vastly underpowered, so I would advise against using it

As for WebUI, no it should not go away. By default it operates in hotspot mode, which you can modify and configure to your home network, but it should always be operational

As for speaker impedance, you should be fine. You don't need to add a filter if you are using the DSP.

Regards

#1634 2 years ago

After comparing the specs the Pi0 or Pi0w doesn’t seem to be a good choice for this board. The 3A+ seems to work well.

1 week later
#1635 2 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Yes looks like this: [quoted image]

I have a TiltAudio 3.5 card with firmware 1.37 and a 1402/1701 DSP card.
There is sound and it works correctly in game - but I have no DSP menu.

What could be wrong here ?

#1636 2 years ago
Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I have a TiltAudio 3.5 card with firmware 1.37 and a 1402/1701 DSP card.
There is sound and it works correctly in game - but I have no DSP menu.
What could be wrong here ?

In the /boot/data folder (if my memory is correct), there is a tiltaudio.xml and tiltaudio2.xml. The second one need to replace the first (backup the first, rename the second), and you will get access to specific filter frequencies configuration in the config tab.

The xml file is actually generated using the Sigma DSP application, which truth be told I have yet to install and test

sidenote, there is a slack channel to discuss using messenger type application - you can ask Steve for the link

#1637 2 years ago

While debugging some 3.5 boards I noticed that the STM firmware file on the SD card is renamed ".done" when it is flashed.
So when trying different blank STM boards nothing happpened ... until I took away the ".done" ending and ran the flash utility manually.
Perhaps steve45 can confirm if this is correct - and maybe there should be some way to take care of this in the software ?

#1638 2 years ago

Good evening! Recently purchased a TiltAudio kit here on pinside (v3.6 running 1.37 firmware). During demo mode boot the announcements are audible and work. Once I configured for WPC (on Getaway table) and added a sound set I rebooted. No more announcements on boot and no game audio. Logs are showing it is receiving signals from the game. Hoping folks on this thread can point me in a direction to help with troubleshooting....

[Edited 6/21/21 8:34PM CST]
When I attempt to change audio device I noticed a reset and device set back. Trailing the logs during the change is showing a segment fault:

Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 tiltaudio.sh[2106]: /home/pi/despi/tiltaudio.sh: line 105: 2123 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /home/pi/despi/$DESPI $OPTIONS -f $BASEPATH/data/raspin.log $BASEPATH/data/sound
Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=139/n/a
Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 7.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: Stopped TILTAudio Service.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: Started TILTAudio Service.

2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 131(0x0083):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'buzz_2' on channel 3
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 3 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:31.203 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:31.231 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 211 0xd3 11010011 len: 1
2021-01-27 09:56:31.231 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0xd3 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 211
2021-01-27 09:56:31.232 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 122 0x7a 01111010 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:31.233 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00001 016 0x10 00010000 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:31.233 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x7a 0x10 0x00 0x00, id: 31248
2021-01-27 09:56:31.240 DEBUG SndServi [playMusicWithFadeInAndPos] [sdl_sound.c:1426] loaded music from '/boot/data/sound/gw_l5/000211-main_theme_4 - LaGranja.ogg' loop=1
2021-01-27 09:56:31.245 DEBUG SndServi [playMusicWithFadeInAndPos] [sdl_sound.c:1449] Playing Music id=211(0x00d3), 'main_theme_4:0' gain:50, from /boot/data/sound/gw_l5/000211-main_theme_4 - LaGranja.ogg
2021-01-27 09:56:31.245 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:31.245 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:31.246 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:31.246 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 31248(0x7a10):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'motor_zoom_4' on channel 0
2021-01-27 09:56:31.246 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:31.246 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:31.246 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:32.039 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 122 0x7a 01111010 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00001 007 0x07 00000111 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x7a 0x07 0x00 0x00, id: 31239
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 31239(0x7a07):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'braking_car_2' on channel 4
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:32.040 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:32.372 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 2 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:32.372 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:32.372 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:32.542 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 3 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:32.542 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:32.542 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:33.162 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 4 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:33.162 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:33.162 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:33.398 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 122 0x7a 01111010 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00001 073 0x49 01001001 len: 2
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x7a 0x49 0x00 0x00, id: 31305
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 31305(0x7a49):0 vol: 50->68 'voice' 'going_my_way_' on channel 2
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:33.399 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 44 (musicVol=68, ducking=65)
2021-01-27 09:56:33.422 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 1 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:33.422 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:33.422 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 44 (musicVol=68, ducking=65)
2021-01-27 09:56:33.652 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 0 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:33.652 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:33.652 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 44 (musicVol=68, ducking=65)
2021-01-27 09:56:34.671 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 2 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:34.671 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:34.671 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 68 (musicVol=68, ducking=100)
2021-01-27 09:56:35.841 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 148 0x94 10010100 len: 1
2021-01-27 09:56:35.841 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x94 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 148
2021-01-27 09:56:35.842 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:35.842 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 148(0x0094):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'blast_wizz' on channel 0
2021-01-27 09:56:35.842 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:35.842 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:35.842 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 055 0x37 00110111 len: 1
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x37 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 55
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 55(0x0037):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'motor_sound' on channel 1
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:35.942 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 055 0x37 00110111 len: 1
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x37 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 55
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 55(0x0037):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'motor_sound' on channel 1
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 1 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:37.445 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:38.043 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:532] channel 0 has finished
2021-01-27 09:56:38.043 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:38.043 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:38.098 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:354] wpc cmd 00000 154 0x9a 10011010 len: 1
2021-01-27 09:56:38.098 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1926] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x9a 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 154
2021-01-27 09:56:38.098 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:38.099 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1597] playing sample 154(0x009a):0 vol: 50->68 'sfx' 'tilt_x_4' on channel 0
2021-01-27 09:56:38.099 DEBUG SndServi [doCheckDucking] [sdl_sound.c:530] sample starts playing on channel -1
2021-01-27 09:56:38.099 DEBUG SndServi [getVolumeForSample] [sdl_sound.c:1042] getVolumeForSample: sample->gain: 50, gainByType: 50, res: 68
2021-01-27 09:56:38.099 DEBUG SndServi [setMusicVolume] [sdl_sound.c:518] setMusicVolume to 54 (musicVol=68, ducking=80)
2021-01-27 09:56:38.107 DEBUG MHD-sing [requestHandler] [httpservice.c:2008] url: /log, method: GET, version: HTTP/1.1, connCtx: 0x0000
2021-01-27 09:56:38.107 INFO MHD-sing [handleLogFileRequest] [httpservice.c:1708] request for logfile

#1639 2 years ago
Quoted from williamsbg03:

Good evening! Recently purchased a TiltAudio kit here on pinside (v3.6 running 1.37 firmware). During demo mode boot the announcements are audible and work. Once I configured for WPC (on Getaway table) and added a sound set I rebooted. No more announcements on boot and no game audio. Logs are showing it is receiving signals from the game. Hoping folks on this thread can point me in a direction to help with troubleshooting....

Go into the UI and check under the Audio Device tab, choose audio device, depending on the device set it may be playing via headphones or a DSP that is not installed. For the standard DAC you can use hifiberry dac with equalizer.

When I built my first card, somehow I switch the menu with going thru the UI, later when I booted the game up again, I had no sound. Thought I blew the card.

#1640 2 years ago

chillme

When I attempt to change the audio device it always resets and puts the device back to hifiberry dac with equalizer plus bluetooth. Trailing the logs during the change is showing a segment fault:

Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 tiltaudio.sh[2106]: /home/pi/despi/tiltaudio.sh: line 105: 2123 Segmentation fault (core dumped) /home/pi/despi/$DESPI $OPTIONS -f $BASEPATH/data/raspin.log $BASEPATH/data/sound
Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=139/n/a
Jan 27 10:52:44 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Service RestartSec=100ms expired, scheduling restart.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: tiltaudio.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 7.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: Stopped TILTAudio Service.
Jan 27 10:52:45 tiltaudio3 systemd[1]: Started TILTAudio Service.

#1641 2 years ago

Ok, so I had tried to run my board with a pi zero, but the sound would work for a bit, then get really choppy. I figured, and others on here did as well, that the zero just couldn’t cut it, so I sprung for a 3B+. Came in yesterday. I take the sd card out of the zero and put it in the 3B+, and I can tell that it’s booting (OLED screen says so), but it won’t make any sound.

I put the SD card back in the zero, and it mostly runs ok for a bit again. It announces the version, that I’m in trial mode,etc. just like it did before, but start a game and it quickly becomes choppy.

Go back to the 3B+ and it’s silent again. Screen boots up and all, just no sound.

With either one, when I go to access the UI, it’s as if I only have two minutes to get in there and make changes before my iPad drops the TILTAUDIO network and defaults back to my normal WiFi. So I power down and repeat with the same results.

Lastly, with all the powering down and back up, I’ve blown 2 of the 1A fuses on the board.

Any suggestions?

Jeff

#1642 2 years ago

Ok, so I had tried to run my board with a pi zero, but the sound would work for a bit, then get really choppy. I figured, and others on here did as well, that the zero just couldn’t cut it, so I sprung for a 3B+. Came in yesterday. I take the sd card out of the zero and put it in the 3B+, and I can tell that it’s booting (OLED screen says so), but it won’t make any sound.
I put the SD card back in the zero, and it mostly runs ok for a bit again. It announces the version, that I’m in trial mode,etc. just like it did before, but start a game and it quickly becomes choppy.
Go back to the 3B+ and it’s silent again. Screen boots up and all, just no sound.
With either one, when I go to access the UI, it’s as if I only have two minutes to get in there and make changes before my iPad drops the TILTAUDIO network and defaults back to my normal WiFi. So I power down and repeat with the same results.
Lastly, with all the powering down and back up, I’ve blown 2 of the 1A fuses on the board.
Any suggestions?
Jeff

I usually run a network cable from the Pi to my home network.
From there I configure the Pi to connect to my wifi network.
The screen on the Pi will then show the IP address assigned on boot.
Then I don't have to connect to the TiltAudio-network.

You probably will have to change the configured sound card when you switch Pis.

#1643 2 years ago

Any suggestions?
Jeff

Are you using 1.37 ?

There is an elusive bug that Steve is chasing which could be related to what you're seeing (although symptoms are different).

In any case, for the sake of testing, I would recommend to start from scratch, ie burn a brand new image using Etcher and put it directly in your RPI3B+. I've had issues in the past where the TA SW would be stuck and nothing would allow to come back operational.

Also, are you using a 3.5 board or a 3.0 ?

#1644 2 years ago

Ashram56 im using 1.37 on a 3.0 board. I’ll try the “start from scratch” idea with the 3B+ tonight or tomorrow

Zigzagzag if the above doesn’t work, I’ll give your idea a try.

What is the “standard” setting for configured sound card, just using the TA board and relatively stock speakers?

#1645 2 years ago

Ashram56 im using 1.37 on a 3.0 board. I’ll try the “start from scratch” idea with the 3B+ tonight or tomorrow
Zigzagzag if the above doesn’t work, I’ll give your idea a try.
What is the “standard” setting for configured sound card, just using the TA board and relatively stock speakers?

Right now I'm only using stock speaker. TA alone is a massive improvement in sound quality. Of course upgraded speakers would be nice, that's next in line.

If you're using a 3.0, you have the option to use an older revision. 1.32 is a good starting point, as it has the new DietPi image, and it is before the addition of 3.5 board support (for which there might be outstanding issues still).

#1646 2 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but where do I find the SD image for 1.32?

#1647 2 years ago

Forgive my ignorance, but where do I find the SD image for 1.32?

https://tiltaudio.com/changelog/

Go down to 1.32, you have a link to the update file and a link to the full image

#1648 2 years ago

Ok, so either the reset or dialing back to 1.32 made the difference, because now it seems to be working. I was able to play several games tonight and try out a couple different sound sets. I’ve already got some ideas on how to customize my own.

However, I’ve already blown 3 of the 1A fuses on the board. 2 while I was trying to get it to work, and now one while it seemed to be working fine.
I was in the middle of a game, coming up to a rather intense part when it went quiet and the lights went out on the board.
Any thoughts on why that fuse would be blowing?

#1649 2 years ago

Ok, so either the reset or dialing back to 1.32 made the difference, because now it seems to be working. I was able to play several games tonight and try out a couple different sound sets. I’ve already got some ideas on how to customize my own.
However, I’ve already blown 3 of the 1A fuses on the board. 2 while I was trying to get it to work, and now one while it seemed to be working fine.
I was in the middle of a game, coming up to a rather intense part when it went quiet and the lights went out on the board.
Any thoughts on why that fuse would be blowing?

Well if the fuse blows regularly, that's not good news.

So, questions:
1/ Did you connect anything on the board, especially on the so called PIN2DMD or 12V connector (for example to power your PIN2DMD) ? If so, please disconnect, this is not designed for that
2/ are your fuse slow blow or fast blow ? If Fast Blow, this would indicate you have a transient, if slow blow this would more indicate you're drawing too much current in average
3/ do you see any damage on the 12V regulator -the one with the blue PCB and the small variable resistor) ?

Can you check if you have a residual resistance between 12V and ground ?

#1650 2 years ago

Just got another shipment of boards in for the US people if you were waiting for them. They are up in the shop.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Newtown, CT
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
Mad Czar Games

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

€ 24.00
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Norwalk, OH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/33?hl=lucky1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.