Topic Stats

• 1,380 posts
  • 80 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by Robotworkshop
  • Topic is favorited by 125 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 127 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20210225_145517 (resized).jpg
20210225_145505 (resized).jpg
20210225_145444 (resized).jpg
20210225_145424 (resized).jpg
20210225_145806 (resized).jpg
20210225_103402 (resized).jpg
20210225_103329 (resized).jpg
20210225_103227 (resized).jpg
20210225_102823 (resized).jpg
IMG_8887 (resized).JPG
IMG_8886 (resized).JPG
IMG_8885 (resized).JPG
IMG_8884 (resized).JPG
IMG_8883 (resized).JPG
IMG_8878 (resized).JPG
IMG_8879 (resized).JPG

There are 1380 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.
#1351 6 days ago

Thanks for reply. I make this bridge because on V2.6/2.8 gerber files, it is like this and with wiring check, I see it’s not connected. So I make this bridge to test.
A friend say me he don’t have any error on startup. So I post here to have support. Is it possible to modify games rom to not check board on startup?

#1352 6 days ago

Just for reference, I'm Tiberium contact, and indeed on my CFTBL I don't see any sound error or sound check.

But I use a modified rom (from http://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4173-creature-from-the-black-lagoon-l-4c-competition-mod/), not sure if they disabled something

#1353 6 days ago

Only newer machines / rom versions check the soundboard. I know of STTNG, TZ, Indy and TAFG.

#1354 6 days ago
Quoted from Tiberium:

Thanks for reply. I make this bridge because on V2.6/2.8 gerber files, it is like this and with wiring check, I see it’s not connected. So I make this bridge to test.
A friend say me he don’t have any error on startup. So I post here to have support. Is it possible to modify games rom to not check board on startup?

This bridge is definitely wrong and not needed.

#1355 6 days ago
Quoted from lucky1:

This bridge is definitely wrong and not needed.

It’s removed. I will put in afm which is have his sound/dot board still present. It will work perfect.

#1356 4 days ago

Haven’t received my board yet but plan on putting in my STTNG. Will the board interface error show up and if so will it cause a credit dot?

#1357 4 days ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

Will the board interface error show up and if so will it cause a credit dot?

Yes and yes.

#1358 4 days ago

Crap the Pin2dmd I use will have a score color issue when I have a credit dot. Hopefully they can fix this at some point is their a way to split the input cable to have same info going to stock soundboard and still have info going to the the tilt board and only having the speakers hooked up to the tilt board?

#1359 4 days ago

I think it’s more easily to modify rom to do not check the sound board than a hardware which add this feature. So, is anyone know a pinsider which is capable to do it?

#1360 4 days ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

Crap the Pin2dmd I use will have a score color issue when I have a credit dot. Hopefully they can fix this at some point is their a way to split the input cable to have same info going to stock soundboard and still have info going to the the tilt board and only having the speakers hooked up to the tilt board?

It might be easier to fix the pin2dmd keyframe to ignore the dot in the colorization.

#1361 3 days ago

I would be interested in the rom option
Currently I have the no flix mod rom someone burned for me back when I first got my STTNG and put leds in 2013/2014

#1362 3 days ago
Quoted from JBBOPT:

I would be interested in the rom option
Currently I have the no flix mod rom someone burned for me back when I first got my STTNG and put leds in 2013/2014

If we still have an error when starting, we won't see the other error. This is the problem. And I don't know if I'm normal (or disturb in my head) but I can't leave my pinball with error. It makes no sense.

#1363 3 days ago
Quoted from Tiberium:

If we still have an error when starting, we won't see the other error. This is the problem. And I don't know if I'm normal (or disturb in my head) but I can't leave my pinball with error. It makes no sense.

I may be mistaken but I think the issue is that the WPC MPU tries to communicate with the sound card and expects some data back before the Raspberry Pi has booted and loaded all the code to be a sound card.

#1364 3 days ago
Quoted from Robotworkshop:

I may be mistaken but I think the issue is that the WPC MPU tries to communicate with the sound card and expects some data back before the Raspberry Pi has booted and loaded all the code to be a sound card.

That's why I would like someone to be able to modify the rom so that this check is not done.

#1365 3 days ago

It would be good to ask that in this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-williams-and-bally-software-upgrades/page/9#post-6142023

Maybe have that as an optional parameter that leverages an unused setting to skip the sound check.

#1366 2 days ago

I just got my license file for the Data East configuration and want to try this in my Rocky and Bullwinkle. can someone confirm the orientation of the data cable? My board is V2.5c and it looks like pin 1 may be to toward the edge of the board while the original sound card has pin 1 away from the edge. Just want to be sure I connect that properly.

Also connected the the Web UI but when on one of the sound setting screens after saving I hit the reset button in the web interface that I thought would restsrt the TiltAudio. It seemed to but once that happened I lost the WiFi access and not the IP address shows up as 127.0.0.1 and I no longer see the TilitAudio show up on WiFi. I can re-image the card and start over but would like to understand what I may have done wrong. Up until that point I had the license file installed and it found the soundset.

#1367 2 days ago

I reloaded the card and it seems to be running in the Rocky and Bullwinkle. I'm using the alt sound set for it. I noticed that a few of the sounds had a small crackle when playing a few sounds. Still probably have some adjustments to do. I think the board I had was setup to do either Data East or WPC. Anything in particular to watch out for on Data East?

#1368 2 days ago

I did some more testing and it seems like the crackling noise that I hear happens when the flash lamps go off on the Rocky and Bullwinkle. Probably power related.

#1369 1 day ago

If any of you are upgrading to a newer Tilt Audio and want to part with your 2.5c board or newer let me know. Looking for an extra board working or not. I have the latest V3.0 on order to try in my Dr Who but could use another older board.

Robert

#1370 23 hours ago

I've been making good progress with the Data East Rocky and Bullwinkle using the Alt sound pack. One thing I've noticed is that the Game over sound will continuously play over and over instead of just once and stopping. I assume that is because it is under music and not as a jingle. If it truly should be under music then it maybe the original sound board code knew which music should only be played one time.

If that is the case then can an extra flag be added to the music sounds to specify if the sound should loop or not? That way if it wasn't captured (or can't be captured) from the original ROM then it could be adjusted in the WebUI, saved, and the problem is fixed. After going through this whole thread it seems that is a reoccuring issue. Possibly more related to the sound set than the Tilit Audio board itself. Unless there were additional meta data that the MPU pssses to the sound card on how a sound should be played and when it should stop that haven't been uncovered yet.

Has anyone tried adjusting the sound set afterwards and move a sound between Music and Jingle?

#1371 20 hours ago

Since I'm going to use this board in a Data East machine I removed the extra power components for the WPC.

Even though the original Data East power for the sound boards are known to be noisy I would like to try and make this work without adding a dedicated power supply in the cabinet.

Removing the extra WPC power components helped. I installed an LM2577 based DC/DC convertor where the old LM2596 one was and then just had to sever one trace on the 12V in at the Data East power and route that to the fuse. The other side of the fuse goes to the input of the DC/DC convertor so that can help clean up the DC 12V power. There a a lot of people adding these inline to help reduce noise on the original DE sound boards. It seems to have helped a lot the crackling I heard when the flash lamps go off is no longer there. Most of the sounds are really good.

I still have a bit of crackling on some sounds and not sure if it is on the sound board or with the sound set files. Need to do some more testing and may plug in an external supply temporarily for testing. I am also using the remote volume control in case that makes a difference.

Just wanted to share this power mod for anyone else running this board in a Data East to see if it helps improve sound quality.

20210225_103402 (resized).jpg20210225_102823 (resized).jpg20210225_103227 (resized).jpg20210225_103329 (resized).jpg
#1372 18 hours ago

I've been making good progress with the Data East Rocky and Bullwinkle using the Alt sound pack. One thing I've noticed is that the Game over sound will continuously play over and over instead of just once and stopping. I assume that is because it is under music and not as a jingle. If it truly should be under music then it maybe the original sound board code knew which music should only be played one time.
If that is the case then can an extra flag be added to the music sounds to specify if the sound should loop or not? That way if it wasn't captured (or can't be captured) from the original ROM then it could be adjusted in the WebUI, saved, and the problem is fixed. After going through this whole thread it seems that is a reoccuring issue. Possibly more related to the sound set than the Tilit Audio board itself. Unless there were additional meta data that the MPU pssses to the sound card on how a sound should be played and when it should stop that haven't been uncovered yet.
Has anyone tried adjusting the sound set afterwards and move a sound between Music and Jingle?

Had a chance to look at the CSV file as part of the altsound for R&B and it has a value of 100 for looping. that would explain why it repeats. The real game just plays it once and done. Changing that to 0 may fix that sound.

#1373 15 hours ago

It's nice to hear about your progress. Keep it up

#1375 15 hours ago

So it looks as though a sound is defined as music if it is on channel 1. Does Tilit Audio honor the loop setting value for music or does it just loop based on the more global setting of loop music? If it does or can honor the loop value then could that be exposed in the WebUI? Seems that would be a good value to show and edit. If we can set that new value in the WebUI and save it then it would make it really easy to clean up and adjust a sound set.

20210225_145806 (resized).jpg
#1376 15 hours ago

For my remaining small crackle/tick noises that occur during some sounds can someone verify I have the proper settings for Data East? If the remote POT isn't reliable should I just disable that so it won't be a factor? I'm running a V2.5c board.

20210225_145424 (resized).jpg20210225_145444 (resized).jpg20210225_145505 (resized).jpg20210225_145517 (resized).jpg
#1377 5 hours ago

Why not simply move it to jingle using the WebUI under sound details.

#1378 4 hours ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Why not simply move it to jingle using the WebUI under sound details.

I can but will it still play on the same channel and does it need to? I thought it may be intended to be on that channel to replace any prior music from playing. Maybe not.

How does tilt audio determine what sound type it is from the CSU file? Is it by channel, looping, or something else? I still think that looping value should be presented as an option in the WebUI. There may be occasions where someone may want a value other than 0 or 100. I think that should be available to alter per sound and honored by the tilt audio firmware. May help people sort out a lot of sound set related issues or tweak it the way they want.

#1379 3 hours ago

I can but will it still play on the same channel and does it need to? I thought it may be intended to be on that channel to replace any prior music from playing. Maybe not.

How does tilt audio determine what sound type it is from the CSU file?

If you want to go into detail of the altsound format, you can look at the altsound editor source how it is determined https://github.com/lucky01/Altsound-Editor or at the pinmame source.

Of yourse you can expose every single parameter that is available to the WebUI but from my experience most of the users don´t know what they are doing, and start to play around when something is not working as they wish . So I think the webUI should be as simple as necessary to make life for Steve as easy as possible from the support side.
More parameters also mean more sources for problems.

For the advanced user, who exactly knows what he is doing and what each parameter is for, there is still the option to edit the csv file.

P.S. Jingle uses the same channel like Music but maybe single is what you are looking for because it stops the background music.

#1380 3 hours ago

I’ll check it out and try moving the sound to the jingle. Even so it would be nice to get confirmation on how the Tilt Audio firmware classifies the sounds from the CSV file. Also if it honors the looping value for each type of sound.

I think with the extra control these cards would be great for people that want to retheme games and want control over the sounds. Still think exposing the looping value should be considered. Looks like the rest of the values already are so why not that last one too?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 209.99
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
There are 1380 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside