Topic Stats

• 1,061 posts
  • 65 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Jakemate
  • Topic is favorited by 109 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 93 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

photo_8301142032747779218 (resized).jpg
ta-2.5f-fix (resized).png
ta-2.5e-fix (resized).png
ta-2.5e-fix.geaendert (resized).png
ta-2.5f-fix.geaendert (resized).png
ta-2.5-layout-error.geaendert (resized).png
e (resized).jpg
f (resized).jpg
15653680252735480358201579305895 (resized).jpg
15653679958703417177809815257059 (resized).jpg
Tilt audio assembled (resized).jpg
ta-ui1x (resized).jpg
raspberry-pi-pinout (resized).png
15628796426491581531728034683809 (resized).jpg
TA-port-screenshot (resized).jpg
IMG_20190626_174941.geaendert (resized).jpg

There are 1061 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.
#1051 11 days ago
Quoted from kba78:

I agree they are not mission critical, that why I said it "basically" works. But they should work properly as advertised.
As far as the sounds set, why would that be a soundset issue. If the correct sound is there shouldn't the shield tell the sound to stop or start when communicating with the CPU? Maybe you can tell me what I might be missing? I posted this question before and someone else told me to switch that setting and it worked but now I have no end music.

I´m not very deep into this but afaik the CPU only sends the sound commands and the sound-ROM on the original sound board knows how to treat the individual sounds like play endless, play one time, stop other sounds etc. Because there is no sound ROM any more , but only extracted sounds of it, the information how to treat a sound needs to be adjusted by hand (You also have to do this with the commercial product). It might also be that a stop command is not interpreted, but you should see this in the logfile as a command. In the most simple case you only need to add or assign a soundfile to the command and everything works as expected.

#1052 11 days ago

For me,
LOTR : no music on game start, at all. music was starting only on ball2, and no event captured on the log
IJ WMS : mixed sounds and sounds repeated all over, and log files didn't help to solve

#1053 11 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

For me,
LOTR : no music on game start, at all. music was starting only on ball2, and no event captured on the log
IJ WMS : mixed sounds and sounds repeated all over, and log files didn't help to solve

LOTR : Is it only when the machine is turned on or also on the second game ?
IJ WMS : sounds like a problem with the soundset. Steve and I tested in my STTNG and it worked well.

#1054 11 days ago

LOTR : On all games, not only the first
IJ : Steve and I have worked on the soundset and we failed at finding a solution

#1055 11 days ago

I think STTNG is one of the few games that actually works close to 100%. It didn't at first, but i did a lot of debugging with Steve, and Steve found a couple of problems in the firmware. And it was then fixed. Along with setting the correct stop commands it got pretty close to 100%. CFTBL was the same. After some debugging with Steve, we found out that the descrambling files wasnt correct.

I still believe that the descrambling / decoding of existing soundsets poses a big problem. People are under the impression that they can use sound sets created by the community for the commercial product. And in some cases they can, but definitely not all are descrambled correctly.

And i dont think anyone has actually done a new sound set from scratch for Tilt Audio via M1 and the other needed tools.

#1056 11 days ago

Would a tutorial on how to build a soundset for tilt audio be out of the realm of possibility? I know I was under the impression that you could use the "other" soundsets and as I found out, you really can't. So if people have to build there own soundsets, then that should be clearly stated somewhere. Unless I missed where it says that.

As I said in an earlier post, I think that is where a lot of people are running into trouble, getting a good working soundset.

#1057 10 days ago

Agree, a good tool and tutorial would be really great.

#1058 10 days ago

A tutorial how to rip the original sounds from the ROM can be found here
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=tutorials&article=54

#1059 4 days ago

I purchased a kit on the 10th December.
Despite messaging Steve on slack no idea when if I'm going to get this kit.

Decided to try and get a refund and go for a pinsound, it's a shame really.

Shouldn't really be selling items online and then have to chase the order and then have no real response to when your going to get it.

Promised it was packed ready to ship two weeks ago, no communication or help really.

#1060 3 days ago

Agree, the lack of support is one thing understandable, for a diy project
But the selling should be stopped in this case or with warnings of unknown delays

#1061 3 days ago

Yes, over two months and still the order is in processing.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
3,625 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint Clair Shores, MI
There are 1061 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 22.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside