rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 41.
#951 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did you try disconnecting the display instead? It definitely sounds like there’s a lot of noise that’s confusing the board. Definitely double check your soldering work - that’s a key area I had trouble with

I didn't try disconnecting the display that I can remember. Ill try that tonight when I get home. Not a soldering work issue. I have repaired many a board. If it was just one board, I might question it still, stuff happens. But this is 2 separate boards doing the exact same thing.

#952 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I keep getting a sound triggered constantly when it shouldn't be (on 2 different boards and in multiple machines). There is another member having pretty much the same issue.

I have the same with my Indy. When I disconnect the ribbon cable from the display controller board, the error is gone. I have a friend with the same problem and same behavior. I mean, this is of course not a solution but I think it's a way into troubleshooting the problem.

#953 4 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

Would you do me a favor and try one thing. Unplug the ribbon cable from your display controller board and see if this brings any enhancement to your problem.

It is indeed possible that there is noise on the bus, that causes false recognition of sound sound commands. Another uses has reported that this will dissapear, when display is not connected. It also depends on the CPU board. He has tested two cpu boards, one works, the other introduces random sounds.

What could also help is to insert a serial resistor as bus termination on the WDEN wire. I will include this in the upcoming revisions, but there are more test needed.

#954 4 years ago

does this problem occur with PIN2DMD or ColorDMD displays, has anyone tested this ??

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

What is annoying is steve45 has a video of it working in a Getaway yet when I asked for a pi image for Getaway I was told he could not provide an image for specific machines, there must be a reason for this ??

The reason for this is just that is does not make any difference to copy sounds to the sd card or copy an image. And preparing an image with GBs of data, compressing it, uploading etc. is just a lot work / time consuming.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

It is indeed possible that there is noise on the bus, that causes false recognition of sound sound commands. Another uses has reported that this will dissapear, when display is not connected. It also depends on the CPU board. He has tested two cpu boards, one works, the other introduces random sounds.
What could also help is to insert a serial resistor as bus termination on the WDEN wire. I will include this in the upcoming revisions, but there are more test needed.

Perhaps I should test it on my Funhouse after all, I will after a board rebuild.

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from fly:

does this problem occur with PIN2DMD or ColorDMD displays, has anyone tested this ??

I use a LCD with a Pi Zero as a DMD so no high voltage, I believe colorDMD and PIN2DMD would use the display board as I am so the issue would probably remain.

I have wondered because I use a Pi to produce the DMD image that there may be a way to use the data straight from the bus to the pi and do without the controller.

#958 4 years ago

I have color DMD's in 2 of the 3 test machines. They all get the same error.

Unfortunately, I plugged my pi into my board incorrectly last night when moving things around (put the row of pins 1 row over) and didnt see it, and fried my pi. I need to order a new one, so I can't test anything else till that gets here.

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

I use a LCD with a Pi Zero as a DMD so no high voltage, I believe colorDMD and PIN2DMD would use the display board as I am so the issue would probably remain.
I have wondered because I use a Pi to produce the DMD image that there may be a way to use the data straight from the bus to the pi and do without the controller.

There are multiple ways to power a Pin2DMD, you can power from HV off the board, or a separate power supply. My STTNG (where this Tilt board is going) has a Pin2DMD with an external power supply.

I’m also using a Pi-based display in my TZ so I can test a couple different configurations once I build my board this weekend

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

There are multiple ways to power a Pin2DMD, you can power from HV off the board, or a separate power supply. My STTNG (where this Tilt board is going) has a Pin2DMD with an external power supply.
I’m also using a Pi-based display in my TZ so I can test a couple different configurations once I build my board this weekend

But don't forget, it's about the data cables, not the power.

2 weeks later
#961 4 years ago

are there any progress ?? did the project collapse?

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from fly:

are there any progress ?? did the project collapse?

Steve still posts updates, he just Gets busy from his regular job! I am behind on my install too, just have not had time to finish soldering the kit

#963 4 years ago

I have a 2.6g board to re-build a kit its half finished then got Flu for the last 2 weeks have not been in the mood to finish it yet. I also had the random sounds on my Getaway, I will post an update next week.

#964 4 years ago

I'd love to do this for a CFTBL mod, but I have little faith in my soldering abilities.

#965 4 years ago

ok all rebuilt, just testing on the bench first, all is working ok from the GUI, will be putting back into Getaway this PM.
photo_8301142032747779218 (resized).jpgphoto_8301142032747779218 (resized).jpg

#966 4 years ago

Indeed quite busy these days, but project is of course still alive. This weekend I'm shipping all remaining order from the current release of board. next release with hardware problems fixed will follow soon after.

There's also some news on the software side, but its still not release yet. As soon as testing is finished it will provide a video show new board release and also new firmware release.

Best Steve

#967 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Indeed quite busy these days, but project is of course still alive. This weekend I'm shipping all remaining order from the current release of board. next release with hardware problems fixed will follow soon after.
There's also some news on the software side, but its still not release yet. As soon as testing is finished it will provide a video show new board release and also new firmware release.
Best Steve

Thanks for the update. I'll hold off purchasing until the next revision comes out.

#968 4 years ago

Ok, not good news same old random sound being played unless I disconnect the DMD Board, all sounds in the wrong places. My Getaway is obviously just feeding the Pi garbage .

If this is indeed noise I am not sure how steve45 is going to overcome this as his Williams machines do not seem to have this error making testing a problem ?

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Ok, not good news same old random sound being played unless I disconnect the DMD Board, all sounds in the wrong places. My Getaway is obviously just feeding the Pi garbage .
If this is indeed noise I am not sure how steve45 is going to overcome this as his Williams machines do not seem to have this error making testing a problem ?

Now that I read this, there is really a difference I my test setups most of the time: I run pin2dmd displays in most of my machines not old plasma. Also the LW3 that I tried serval times has a led replacement display. My Funhouse though still has it's old alpha num plasma and no problems at all.

On the other hand now that I write it, I did also tests on games with original dmds like STTNG, IJ, NBA, ...
I will see if I have the old dmd lying around for a test ...

#970 4 years ago

I am going to buy a pin2dmd but I cannot see this making any difference as I run a Pi with an LCD screen from Dr Pinball for my DMD so just the low voltage side of the DMD driver board being used on Getaway. I am running L-5 Rom modified for LED bulbs to stop flickering. steve45 can you please quote a link for working Funhouse Sounds I will test it in mine.

I am going to do some more testing

1. Replace the ribbons in my Getaway as they are the originals.
2. Run on a dedicated 12v PSU

#971 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

I am going to buy a pin2dmd but I cannot see this making any difference as I run a Pi with an LCD screen from Dr Pinball for my DMD so just the low voltage side of the DMD driver board being used on Getaway. I am running L-5 Rom modified for LED bulbs to stop flickering. steve45 can you please quote a link for working Funhouse Sounds I will test it in mine.
I am going to do some more testing
1. Replace the ribbons in my Getaway as they are the originals.
2. Run on a dedicated 12v PSU

I recently posted a video on my youtube channel.

#972 4 years ago

Can anyone please provide a link to a working Funhouse soundset ?

#973 4 years ago

Hi guys ,

I've received my kit for my Tales from the Crypt this noon... I ordered the PortExtender too but I don't have the IC

Then, I tried to install 1.25 on my raspberry Pi 3A (the one which doesnt have RJ45)... and it's very tricky to configure WIFI.
There is no "dietpi-wifi.txt" so I can't activate it at the first launch.
Of course, I tried to configure it by connecting me with SSH with the wifi as Hotspot but it seems that changing parameters in dietpi-config doesn't work too.
I can't find any exemple of this file on the web.

Any help will be welcome

Best regards

#974 4 years ago

After booting the Pi, you should see a Tilt!Audio network/hotspot on your laptop / desktop if you have wifi enabled (It can take a little while for it to appear). Connect to this hotspot (the passphrase is "tiltaudio"). You can now access the WebUI via the following URL:

http://192.168.42.1/:31008

In the WebUI you should be able to configure the Wifi, save it and then reboot. You can now connect via http://tiltaudio:31008/

If http://tiltaudio:31008/ doesn't work, figure out the Pi's IP address and use that instead: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:31008/

https://tiltaudio.com/2019/05/11/whats-new-with-firmware-1-25/

#975 4 years ago
Quoted from Aetios:

Hi guys ,
I've received my kit for my Tales from the Crypt this noon... I ordered the PortExtender too but I don't have the IC
Then, I tried to install 1.25 on my raspberry Pi 3A (the one which doesnt have RJ45)... and it's very tricky to configure WIFI.
There is no "dietpi-wifi.txt" so I can't activate it at the first launch.
Of course, I tried to configure it by connecting me with SSH with the wifi as Hotspot but it seems that changing parameters in dietpi-config doesn't work too.
I can't find any exemple of this file on the web.
Any help will be welcome
Best regards

This took me a while to figure out too. But what I discovered was that I just needed to wait longer for the hotspot. Don’t bother with the dietpi changes

#976 4 years ago

It takes a few minutes for the whole thing to boot up and display the hotspot.

I was getting no sound using the built in amps so I ended up using a separate amp running from the pi's headphone jack. It is working fairly well on my HSII now, still have a bit of an issue with the background music fading out when an SFX plays but otherwise the SFXs play at the right times. I'm using the original display too.

Reading a few pages back I wonder if fixing the ground issue might fix the internal amp issue too? It would be nice to use those instead of an external amp.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

After booting the Pi, you should see a Tilt!Audio network/hotspot on your laptop / desktop if you have wifi enabled (It can take a little while for it to appear). Connect to this hotspot (the passphrase is "tiltaudio"). You can now access the WebUI via the following URL:
http://192.168.42.1/:31008
In the WebUI you should be able to configure the Wifi, save it and then reboot. You can now connect via http://tiltaudio:31008/
If http://tiltaudio:31008/ doesn't work, figure out the Pi's IP address and use that instead: http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:31008/
https://tiltaudio.com/2019/05/11/whats-new-with-firmware-1-25/

Well, I tried this several times before.... but I've just tried it another time now and WHouuhouuu that works : thanks a lot !

Now, I have to assembly the PCB.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Regarding BTTF: should work as it works very well in my JP, which is basically the same hardware.
Hope this answers your questions.
/Steve

When you say it's basically the same hardware, do you mean that the pinout to get sound adress is the same, so we can use the last PCB, the actual software version and a sounds pack to make it work ?

I'm aware that we need to create the sounds pack ...

#979 4 years ago

ok so I am basically stuck on the same old issues with my Getaway, this is my second board. Random playing sounds not all sounds in the correct place or triggering incorrectly.

I know this is diy but I have built other mods no issue, and looking through the forum I cannot see anyone claiming 100% success.

I have rebuild the board, changed ribbon cables, run from a dedicated PSU, run 1.25, 1.27, 1.28, 1.29.

I am going to try a different make faster sdcard and a different Pi3 and try and find my old L-2 rom chip to put back in if that does not work I am done with it.

Then off to Pinsound.

#980 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

ok so I am basically stuck on the same old issues with my Getaway, this is my second board. Random playing sounds not all sounds in the correct place or triggering incorrectly.
I know this is diy but I have built other mods no issue, and looking through the forum I cannot see anyone claiming 100% success.
I have rebuild the board, changed ribbon cables, run from a dedicated PSU, run 1.25, 1.27, 1.28, 1.29.
I am going to try a different make faster sdcard and a different Pi3 and try and find my old L-2 rom chip to put back in if that does not work I am done with it.
Then off to Pinsound.

Doesn’t Steve have a working Getaway ? How could it possibly be so different I wonder

#981 4 years ago

Steve45 does not know why my Getaway is different. All I know is that he uses an older rom and a Pin2DMD. I do not want to go to Pinsound I like the fact the board is going to control addressable LEDs etc but if I cannot solve the fact that it purely does not work on its main use as in sound other functions are irrelevant.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

I

I know at least of 10 machines running without a problem. If I find some time I can test it in my Getaway.

#983 4 years ago

I have the exact same issue with all 3 games Ive tried it on (with 2 different boards also). 2 have colorDMD's, 1 is original DMD. Always get the random triggered sound. Would love to see this fixed.

#984 4 years ago

I also do not have a HV DMD, the odd thing is with mine is about 3 of the sound FX are 100% the adding of the bonus after ball drain for example is spot on all the time, other sounds like the horn sound on the 2x freeway work about 20% of the time. Music is all over the place.

The main thing also I cannot get my head around which someone with good up to date electronics knowledge could answer is why does my card act exactly the same way as it did when it had the 0v pin not connected on 2 of the ICs.

Tilt Audio is a fantastic project I really want it to work but there seems to be too many variables to contend with.

#985 4 years ago

I'm in the same boat - I get missing sounds and background sounds that don't stop. My main machine I'm trying to get this to work in is a ST:TNG which has a PIN2DMD fitted as well. I've also tried it in my TAF with the same problem.

For those who are experiencing this, could you try and go into the Service Menu, and see what sounds you get there when using the service buttons? On mine, I get the expected correct sounds, but sometimes I get no sound. For example, if I repeatedly press the + button, I'll get the correct sound around 7 out of 10 times, but the other 3 won't play any sound at all. Those 3 might be in a row, or randomly dispersed among the presses. The Tilt audio log shows the board as misinterpreting the sound command for those errors. That leads me to think it's a timing issue on the Tilt board. The original DCS board and a Pinsound board both work fine in the machine.

#986 4 years ago

Ok so last night I test metered all connections from the WPC connector to the 3 ICs and through to the Pi, I found pin1 of the 74LCX374 (READ_OC) not making contact with pin24 of the Pi.
Its not the board I think i have a bad solder joint on the IC so I will fix that today and try again later.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

I'm in the same boat - I get missing sounds and background sounds that don't stop. My main machine I'm trying to get this to work in is a ST:TNG which has a PIN2DMD fitted as well. I've also tried it in my TAF with the same problem.
For those who are experiencing this, could you try and go into the Service Menu, and see what sounds you get there when using the service buttons? On mine, I get the expected correct sounds, but sometimes I get no sound. For example, if I repeatedly press the + button, I'll get the correct sound around 7 out of 10 times, but the other 3 won't play any sound at all. Those 3 might be in a row, or randomly dispersed among the presses. The Tilt audio log shows the board as misinterpreting the sound command for those errors. That leads me to think it's a timing issue on the Tilt board. The original DCS board and a Pinsound board both work fine in the machine.

That sounds like something, which can be reproduced to debug it.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Ok so last night I test metered all connections from the WPC connector to the 3 ICs and through to the Pi, I found pin1 of the 74LCX374 (READ_OC) not making contact with pin24 of the Pi.
Its not the board I think i have a bad solder joint on the IC so I will fix that today and try again later.

That's good news, report back when you can!

#989 4 years ago

Ok I have fixed the board connection I have now made sure the board is 100% no errors.

More of the sound FX now are triggered correct. On the Pinball Test menu about 50% are correct. The music is still triggered wrong but I believe it is now not random it is triggered from switches which are supposed to trigger sound FX in play, I still get the unwanted sound effect playing whenever it feels like it.

So its onto the soundsets they must be wrong in some way ??

I have not bought a licence yet so I get the interruption of the Pi serial number, I take it that all it is as in an interruption not totally miss timing the sounds ?

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Ok I have fixed the board connection I have now made sure the board is 100% no errors.
More of the sound FX now are triggered correct. On the Pinball Test menu about 50% are correct. The music is still triggered wrong but I believe it is now not random it is triggered from switches which are supposed to trigger sound FX in play, I still get the unwanted sound effect playing whenever it feels like it.
So its onto the soundsets they must be wrong in some way ??
I have not bought a licence yet so I get the interruption of the Pi serial number, I take it that all it is as in an interruption not totally miss timing the sounds ?

That would be my guess. Good news at least! The sound sets being scrambled/unscrambled is much easier than a hardware issue

#991 4 years ago

Hoping to get time to finish my board today- I am missing one of the small capacitors so hopefully I have one in my workshop somewhere

#992 4 years ago

In my soundsets I have a file called config.pinsound reading through this thread I should have a file to descramble the sounds called config.raspisnd ?

Also the file is scrambled

¹Wñ2½Â©û?,ˆ®UØÛXŽÉšÊ.ƒh

Not

ducking_voice=65
ducking_sfx=90
gain_music=13
gain_sfx=16
gain_voice=28
gain_jingle=11
gain_single=15
# generated from jp-ost-mapping.txt
# first 4 digits are sound id in hex, next number ... decimal
0000 3411162208
0001 1664737660
0002 1027117153

#993 4 years ago

steve45 can you answer please if you do not have a config.raspisnd in your soundset directory are the sounds supposed to work properly or do they need this file ?

2019-10-27 01:17:37.248 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:660] searching for soundsets at: /boot/data/sound
2019-10-27 01:17:37.258 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:694] found soundset 1, type: 0 at: /boot/data/sound/3
2019-10-27 01:17:37.267 DEBUG MiniDSer [miniDisplayHandler] [minidisplay.c:85] processing message
2019-10-27 01:17:37.268 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:694] found soundset 2, type: 0 at: /boot/data/sound/1
2019-10-27 01:17:37.277 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:694] found soundset 3, type: 0 at: /boot/data/sound/2
2019-10-27 01:17:37.285 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:694] found soundset 4, type: 0 at: /boot/data/sound/4
2019-10-27 01:17:37.285 INFO RasPiSnd [searchSoundSets] [sound_util.c:707] maxSoundSets: 4
2019-10-27 01:17:37.285 INFO RasPiSnd [minidisplay_setText] [minidisplay.c:68] print 0,24: SOUNDSETS: 4
2019-10-27 01:17:37.285 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:855] max soundsets: 4
2019-10-27 01:17:37.286 INFO RasPiSnd [loadHashMappingByName] [sound_util.c:767] loading hashes from /boot/data/sound/1/config.raspisnd
2019-10-27 01:17:37.287 INFO RasPiSnd [loadHashMappingByName] [sound_util.c:773] loaded 0 hashes
2019-10-27 01:17:37.287 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /boot/data/sound/1/config.ini
2019-10-27 01:17:37.288 WARN RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:315] config config.ini not found in /boot/data/sound/1
2019-10-27 01:17:37.288 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /boot/data/sound/1/config.raspisnd
2019-10-27 01:17:37.288 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:276] read config.raspisnd from /boot/data/sound/1/config.raspisnd
2019-10-27 01:17:37.293 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:465] gain for /boot/data/sound/1/jingle is 15
2019-10-27 01:17:37.350 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:465] gain for /boot/data/sound/1/music is 15
2019-10-27 01:17:37.536 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:465] gain for /boot/data/sound/1/sfx is 15
2019-10-27 01:17:37.617 DEBUG MiniDSer [miniDisplayHandler] [minidisplay.c:85] processing message
2019-10-27 01:17:38.409 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:465] gain for /boot/data/sound/1/voice is 15
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scanAll] [sound_util.c:819] scan done id hash is: 2223564575
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [initSamples] [sound_util.c:915] sample 0000000001 0x00000001 0x017ee6d8, type: music, gain: 15, name: ball_in_shooter_lane, path: /boot/data/sound/1/music/0025093848-ball_in_shooter_lane/000001-ball_in_shooter_lane - LaGrange.ogg
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [initSamples] [sound_util.c:915] sample 0000000002 0x00000002 0x6df47883, type: music, gain: 15, name: attract_sound, path: /boot/data/sound/1/music/1844738179-attract_sound/000002-attract_sound - LaGrange.ogg
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [initSamples] [sound_util.c:915] sample 0000000003 0x00000003 0x27e26c31, type: music, gain: 15, name: lock_lit, path: /boot/data/sound/1/music/0669150257-lock_lit/000003-lock_lit - Gimme Lovin.ogg
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [initSamples] [sound_util.c:915] sample 0000000004 0x00000004 0x3b7d1450, type: music, gain: 15, name: lock_2_lit, path: /boot/data/sound/1/music/0998052944-lock_2_lit/000004-lock_2_lit - Gimme Lovin.ogg
2019-10-27 01:17:38.731 DEBUG RasPiSnd [initSamples] [sound_util.c:915] sample 0000000005 0x00000005 0x0f08fa3b, type: music, gain: 15, name: enter_your_name, path: /boot/data/sound/1/music/0252246587-enter_your_name/000005-enter_your_name - Sharped Dressed Man.ogg
2019-10-27

#994 4 years ago

Just an update, I have checked the hardware all working, new higher speed sdcard, I know my 1 soundset is ok and not scrambled.

Here is a log from the start of a game (Getaway)

'electric_touch_5' Still playing whenever it feels like

DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 186:0 vol: 15->64 'sfx' 'electric_touch_5' on channel 0

Music is supposed to be playing id'1' but it is nowhere to be seen in the log.

Trying to play sound ids that don`t exist

WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '32' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '248' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '126' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '46' not found

This seems to very different to steve45 Getaway video so I am at a brick wall to go any further, some support on these logs would be good.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Just an update, I have checked the hardware all working, new higher speed sdcard, I know my 1 soundset is ok and not scrambled.
Here is a log from the start of a game (Getaway)
'electric_touch_5' Still playing whenever it feels like
DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 186:0 vol: 15->64 'sfx' 'electric_touch_5' on channel 0
Music is supposed to be playing id'1' but it is nowhere to be seen in the log.
Trying to play sound ids that don`t exist
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '32' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '248' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '126' not found
WARN SndServi [handleSoundByTypeWithIdx] [sdl_sound.c:1470] sample for id '46' not found
This seems to very different to steve45 Getaway video so I am at a brick wall to go any further, some support on the log would be good.

If it’s trying to play IDs which do not exist, this implies to me maybe your sound set is scrambled - or at least needs to be reviewed. How do we confirm the IDs?

You should try joining the tilt!audio slack channel and posing your question there. Steve has a day job too!

#996 4 years ago

The sounds are not scrambled as the ids are in a normal format 000001 000002 the log suggests the pinabll cpu also is not even asking the Pi for some sounds that are there and there is the annoying constant sound being played. id186 in the log is sound 000186 for example in the sfx folder. I have asked steve for help but yes he does have a day job so cannot commit to replys. The only reason I looked at this as he had it working on his Getaway so I cannot see the difference. I have a Funhouse but lost total faith so I am not going to try it. There is a definite change with the DMD being unplugged getting everything to work at about 80% but that is it. I wish everyone good luck with this but im moving on.

2 weeks later
#997 4 years ago

Watching with great enthusiasm

1 week later
#998 4 years ago

A strange situation, when I put a key file in the DATA folder, there is silence, nothing starts, if I delete the key file, the program starts, the initial sound is heard, etc.

#999 4 years ago
Quoted from fly:

A strange situation, when I put a key file in the DATA folder, there is silence, nothing starts, if I delete the key file, the program starts, the initial sound is heard, etc.

Is it the correct keyfile for the hardware ? Any logfile info ?

#1000 4 years ago

Yes the key file is correct, it was version 1.25, I updated it to version 1.29 and no sound is heard at all, whether there is a key file or not.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Needville, TX
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.50
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/20?hl=brewninja and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.