By steve45

1 year ago

Stats

• 80 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by ltd73
  • Topic is favorited by 41 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180329_175127x (resized).jpg
20180102_161434e (resized).jpg
20180102_161454e (resized).jpg
20180102_161637e (resized).jpg
20171204_193652s (resized).jpg
20171204_221603s (resized).jpg
20171204_221608s (resized).jpg
20171201_135742xs (resized).jpg
20171201_134723xs (resized).jpg
20171201_134803xxs (resized).jpg
panel-20171130_174317s (resized).jpg

There are 80 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 62 days ago
Quoted from fly:

I can buy this adapter and check if it works, only that I bought a few sets of RasPinsound but versions for williams, would I have to buy another one for the Data East version ??

No the wpc version should also work for DE. just switch the mode jumper and maybe solder the DE connector (if it was left out).

1 week later
#52 54 days ago

Hi Steve,
Would it be possible to use this and share the PSU for the Pin2DMD? Also i assume a pi2 would be sufficient if i purchased a v1.9 kit?
Thanks,
Andy

#53 54 days ago
Quoted from Andyj965:

Hi Steve,
Would it be possible to use this and share the PSU for the Pin2DMD? Also i assume a pi2 would be sufficient if i purchased a v1.9 kit?
Thanks,
Andy

I am using the same PSU to drive pin2dmd and raspisound. Think it’s a 5A psu by the way.

Must also mention I am struggling to get it properly working. Waiting for a fix allowing to adjust the power levels of callouts vs music and a proper working volumebutton. This as should be possible. Am using a pi zero by the way. Volume is thus not working properly with me and waiting for a solution from Steve.

#54 54 days ago

I just found out about this product, and I like what I see. If you could find a way to mix audio from a separate source, then this could be expanded to be used in Williams system 11 machines. The background boards use triggers just like the Data East machines, but on the 11 through 11b machines, some of the sounds are still produced on the main MPU board, and then mixed on the sound board.

#55 53 days ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I am using the same PSU to drive pin2dmd and raspisound. Think it’s a 5A psu by the way.
Must also mention I am struggling to get it properly working. Waiting for a fix allowing to adjust the power levels of callouts vs music and a proper working volumebutton. This as should be possible. Am using a pi zero by the way. Volume is thus not working properly with me and waiting for a solution from Steve.

Thanks Rensh. I'll definitely have to give this a look. I'm pretty sure i got a 10 amp. Cheers

#56 53 days ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I just found out about this product, and I like what I see. If you could find a way to mix audio from a separate source, then this could be expanded to be used in Williams system 11 machines. The background boards use triggers just like the Data East machines, but on the 11 through 11b machines, some of the sounds are still produced on the main MPU board, and then mixed on the sound board.

For all sys11c type systems it should be possible without any restrictions, but I did not test this so far. Also additional mixing of the MPU sound should not be a big challenge, one could just add a pot to mix that signal to the amplifier input.

#57 53 days ago
Quoted from steve45:

For all sys11c type systems it should be possible without any restrictions, but I did not test this so far. Also additional mixing of the MPU sound should not be a big challenge, one could just add a pot to mix that signal to the amplifier input.

I have been working on a lot of Williams system 11 sound cards as of late. They used the same card in a bunch of video games (Arch Rivals, High impact football) and the system 11a-11c pinball machines. I am currently waiting on parts to build a bench test jig for these cards. I can't help much with design, but I can share what I know about these cards if you decide to try to expand this to the rest of the System 11 games.

3 weeks later
#58 26 days ago

Hello everyone! My name is Gabriel and I'm from Argentina. I have a pinball "last action hero" which the sound card is dead and can not be repaired.
This system works in any pinball ?? for music and sounds use the rom of pinmame ?? I do not understand how the system works ... what is the raspiberry license for?
CONGRATULATIONS for creating this system for which we can not buy a pinsound.
Can you explain STEVE how to make the purchase of the 1.8 kit ??
Thank you!!! and excuse my poor English ... I use google translator.

#59 26 days ago

Hi, there is a sound bank for LAH : https://www.pinsound.org/fr/pinballs/data-east-r3/last-action-hero/
So you can purchase a full kit and use one of these sound pack

#60 26 days ago

Any news on whitestar support ??

#61 26 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Or for DCS2?

#62 25 days ago

Hello, Can someone explain to me how to mount the raspisound image on an SD card? I downloaded firmware V1.12 with three files: despi, despi.sig and pinsound.sh
I do not know what to do with them ...
Thank you

#63 24 days ago

Ordered 65 days ago and still have not received anything.

Getting a bit annoyed.

#64 24 days ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Getting a bit annoyed.

Really? That’s a bit concerning. I ordered one last week and he marked my order complete. I really hope it’s just a shipping carrier issue for you (well, I would rather you get what you paid for quickly... but you know what I mean)

Have you tried emailing him?

Maybe @steve45 can chime in...

#65 24 days ago
Quoted from robofannn:

Hello, Can someone explain to me how to mount the raspisound image on an SD card? I downloaded firmware V1.12 with three files: despi, despi.sig and pinsound.sh
I do not know what to do with them ...
Thank you

I think you only downloaded a update package. The update process is described here
http://pinball-mods.de/2017/12/19/howto-for-rasberry-pinball-sound/

The base image can be found here
https://go-dmd.de/produkt/raspberry-pinsound-image/

#66 23 days ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Getting a bit annoyed.

Sorry for the long waiting time, I am actually working on testing the lastest development with better included amplifiers. The v1.9 boards were sold out very quickly and so I decided to go with next generation, but this introduced some delays.

Also the tests are showing some unexpected results, unfortunately. If the waiting time gets to long for somebody, feel free to request refund at any time, no problem with that.

Attached the latest board under test: standard audio jack (yellow) is now included as well as integrated DC-DC power supply, so you can just use one PSA with 12-15 V or so.

Thx Steve

20180329_175127x (resized).jpg

#67 23 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I'm not working on whitestar support, because it would require additional hardware. Basically an adapter for the main cpu to grab the necessary data from address- and databus and then it works like data east. There was some guy out there that wants to give the original pinsound adapter for whitestar a try, but I didn't hear back from him. It should work, because it really the same like for dataeast, except that there is no connector for "the sound board" on whitestar, because its all integrated on the MPU board.

Steve

#68 22 days ago

Ok so basically, if i buy the whitestar adapter for pinsound and your board, it should be ok.
Would you think of a discount on your board as a betatester ?

#69 22 days ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Getting a bit annoyed.

Going on 30 days here, and I figured it was just typical slow transit from Germany.

Quoted from steve45:

Sorry for the long waiting time, I am actually working on testing the lastest development with better included amplifiers. The v1.9 boards were sold out very quickly and so I decided to go with next generation, but this introduced some delays.

I'm willing to wait for v2.0 if it corrects issues with v1.9, but would have liked to know it wasn't actually available.

#70 21 days ago
Quoted from RatShack:

Going on 30 days here, and I figured it was just typical slow transit from Germany.

I'm willing to wait for v2.0 if it corrects issues with v1.9, but would have liked to know it wasn't actually available.

Agreed. Bad communication. I have been waiting to wrap up a project. I should have just ordered a Pinsound. I have requested a refund.

#71 21 days ago
Quoted from ejacques:

I've got a Data East Monday Night Football that is having major speech issues...would something like this work there?

This is one that I would discourage. MNF has the most interactive score of any pinball I've ever done. When the CPU requests a sound, the code running on the soundboard looks to see where the pitch and time currently are on the existing music and everything is pitch and time sync'd on a note basis, even changing mid fanfare to ensure that it all makes sense musically. There is no way that pre-recorded stuff could do any of this. The EPROM or the OKI ADPCM chip on the sound board may be funky and fixing that would be better than replacing the soundboard on this game. I'd check the EPROM first.

ddt

#72 21 days ago
Quoted from RatShack:

I agree that the utter lack of communication and lack of notation of a back order is what irks me about this. He also marked my order as "completed" which makes me think the item shipped. At first it looks kind of shady.

#73 19 days ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Ok so basically, if i buy the whitestar adapter for pinsound and your board, it should be ok.
Would you think of a discount on your board as a betatester ?

You can get one of the earlier boards that work with data east only for free. Just send me a pm with shipping address.

#74 19 days ago
Quoted from Compy:

I agree that the utter lack of communication and lack of notation of a back order is what irks me about this. He also marked my order as "completed" which makes me think the item shipped. At first it looks kind of shady.

Order to the US that were marked completed were all shipped last week.

#75 17 days ago

Hello Steve,
What an awesome project!
Thanks for your time on this one.
Will you have a version for System 11 machines?
I have a High Speed and Pinbot that I’d love to update.
Also, I’m placing an order for my WPC machines.
You are the man!

#76 17 days ago
Quoted from steve45:

Order to the US that were marked completed were all shipped last week.

Oh, well then I definitely apologize for any misunderstanding on my part, and would like to do so here in this thread! I can't wait for mine to get here so I can tinker as I've been working on a few sound based mods lately similar to this, and it'll be great just to use an excellently pre-made one in my machine!

Again, many thanks!

-- Jimmy

#77 16 days ago

Got mine in the mail! This board is wonderful. Again, many thanks and I apologize for thinking that my order didn't go out with the rest. I hope everyone gets theirs soon as its a great add-on!

Hope you're still having fun making these, Steve!

1 week later
#78 4 days ago

Hey Steve what's the status with the 1.9 board is it ready to ship.

#79 2 days ago

Looking forward to getting one, or five.. Is there any chance I could get this to replace a Bally Cheap Squeak board on an old Bally 6803 machine (Motor Dome) if I got the correct connection?
I might purchase a kit along with a complete one to try it out.

#80 1 day ago

Hello @Steve45 , checking on status and availability before I order.
Which is the best and complete option available?
I want one for my Data East and one for System 11.
Am I reading correctly that a combination is available with all three?

Thank you for supporting pinball

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 15.00
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
$ 170.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 89.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincolnton, NC
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Tim's Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 229.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 80 posts in topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside