rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 41.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

With new firmwares there's no need for editing files anymore. The pi creates its own access point with ssid TILTAUDIO. Connect to that and then setup wifi in the browser. See https://tiltaudio.com
Br Steve

Thanks very much Steve. I also tried this but I am not seeing the access point SSID, which is why I am editing the file directly. I am using a Pi Zero though - perhaps that has something to do with it

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks very much Steve. I also tried this but I am not seeing the access point SSID, which is why I am editing the file directly. I am using a Pi Zero though - perhaps that has something to do with it

I thought I also did a test on zero w, but it's some time ago. When you look at the logfile you see the searching for network interfaces and ip addresses, and if not successful, the hostap script starts off an access point and udhcp service.

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

I thought I also did a test on zero w, but it's some time ago. When you look at the logfile you see the searching for network interfaces and ip addresses, and if not successful, the hostap script starts off an access point and udhcp service.

I'll try again, it's no trouble

Can I also log in directly to the console? It does not drop to command line after booting, it just says "please login to continue" but no prompt. Must I use SSH to log in?

#904 4 years ago

On my Pi3 b+ it takes about 2 mins for the SSID to appear before you can login if that`s any help.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

On my Pi3 b+ it takes about 2 mins for the SSID to appear before you can login if that`s any help.

Thanks! Turns out the WiFi was coming up after all, I just wasn’t waiting long enough

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks! Turns out the WiFi was coming up after all, I just wasn’t waiting long enough

...aaand the board doesn't boot. Scrambles the DMD when installed. Arrgh

I'm sure this is due to my soldering job, but It looks ok to me. First time soldering surface mount parts though so who knows!

Anyone know if I can temporarily power the Pi with 5v externally? That would help me troubleshoot. I can get it to boot when not connected to the tilt board, but not when it's all connected.

#907 4 years ago

If you have a WPC then maybe you haven't plugged the ribbons back in correctly if it scrambles the DMD
What Rev Board did Steve send you ?

#908 4 years ago

Yes you can power the pi thru the USB-c port. 2.1 amp will do it. I use a battery pack that has a 2.1 amp output.

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

If you have a WPC then maybe you haven't plugged the ribbons back in correctly if it scrambles the DMD
What Rev Board did Steve send you ?

It's definitely my soldering - I used
Too much on one of the chips And am having a hard time removing the excess, even with a solder
Braid.

It's a 1.9f revision board, so pretty old and I have already ordered a new 2.5 board. I think Steve is away on holiday though so I will have to wait until he is back. The new boards are far superior anyway!

Thanks for the tip re: power via 5v!

#910 4 years ago

Hi there,
I'm back from vacation an finally checked the issue of nutty (ground not being connected correctly to all interface smd chips) and he is right

Shame on me! I made a mistake with the latest layout changes that created and isolated copper area on the top, which should provide ground to the smds.
ta-2.5-layout-error.geaendert (resized).pngta-2.5-layout-error.geaendert (resized).png
Too bad I know, but I only can apologize for inconvenience caused by this and promise that I will do better next time. (side note: the easyeda tool is not really helpful in recognizing such errors compare to other PCB tools, but ...).

But there's also good news: if you have such a board (2.5e or 2.5f) it can easily fixed by adding a bridging wire (or two). The img attached show fixed boards for both.
ta-2.5e-fix.geaendert (resized).pngta-2.5e-fix.geaendert (resized).pngta-2.5f-fix.geaendert (resized).pngta-2.5f-fix.geaendert (resized).png

There's more to come with new firmware release later today, but I'm still testing.

Br Steve

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Hi there,
I'm back from vacation an finally checked the issue of nutty (ground not being connected correctly to all interface smd chips) and he is right
Shame on me! I made a mistake with the latest layout changes that created and isolated copper area on the top, which should provide ground to the smds.
[quoted image]
Too bad I know, but I only can apologize for inconvenience caused by this and promise that I will do better next time. (side note: the easyeda tool is not really helpful in recognizing such errors compare to other PCB tools, but ...).
But there's also good news: if you have such a board (2.5e or 2.5f) it can easily fixed by adding a bridging wire (or two). The img attached show fixed boards for both.
[quoted image][quoted image]
There's more to come with new firmware release later today, but I'm still testing.
Br Steve

Steve can you post higher-resolution photos of that fix? I am expecting a 2.5f board soon, and I'll need to make this change - but I can't see where you've actually fixed the problem

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Steve can you post higher-resolution photos of that fix? I am expecting a 2.5f board soon, and I'll need to make this change - but I can't see where you've actually fixed the problem

Yours is fixed already. but there's also high res pics.
ta-2.5e-fix (resized).pngta-2.5e-fix (resized).pngta-2.5f-fix (resized).pngta-2.5f-fix (resized).png

Alternatively you can also create an additional via by drilling a hole and connect bottom copper area with top, with a small wire.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Your's fixed already. but there's also high res pics.[quoted image][quoted image]

Whoa, 2x thanks man!

#914 4 years ago

New firmware 1.29 is out https://mega.nz/#!ZkJj2QwJ!Bi3eY7NKQ8NPYBnM2nCmrWp0_pJV5U6xe15R5yH1WZU

Beside the bugfixes with altsound, there is a new feature "lua scripting" when using commands. This enables a variety of new possibilities. Read more about it on https://tiltaudio.com/2019/09/14/new-firmware-1-29-with-lua-scripting/ or checkout my latest video on the TILT!Audio:

Channel is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7wZK3Dpsn97xSUSssFqbJAZ9v_8AdCQ0

I've basically embedded a small and easy to learn scripting engine (lua) into the firmware to make sound packs and effects even more smart and flexible.

Br Steve

#915 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

New firmware 1.29 is out https://mega.nz/#!ZkJj2QwJ!Bi3eY7NKQ8NPYBnM2nCmrWp0_pJV5U6xe15R5yH1WZU
Beside the bugfixes with altsound, there is a new feature "lua scripting" when using commands. This enables a variety of new possibilities. Read more about it on https://tiltaudio.com/2019/09/14/new-firmware-1-29-with-lua-scripting/ or checkout my latest video on the TILT!Audio:
Channel is https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7wZK3Dpsn97xSUSssFqbJAZ9v_8AdCQ0
I've basically embedded a small and easy to learn scripting engine (lua) into the firmware to make sound packs and effects even more smart and flexible.
Br Steve

Awesome work, Steve! This is an interesting coincidence - I am programming the light and video show for an upcoming gig with my music group, and we use the Reaper audio workstation to control backing tracks and send commands to control the other hardware.. and it used Lua to do a lot of the custom interfaces! (Also OSC and MIDI of course)

Can’t wait to try it with the new board.

#916 4 years ago

Steve

This error in the layout, is this causing the no sound I am experiencing?

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Steve

Most probably yes. Which revision of the board are you using?

#918 4 years ago

There's a new demo video for the additional IO features of TILT!Audio: https://tiltaudio.com/2019/09/22/tiltaudio-controls-rgb-led-rings/

It is about controlling rgb light ring based on your soundset, features the latest firmware with some lua and arduino magic on top.

See youself:

Br Steve

#919 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

There's a new demo video for the additional IO features of TILT!Audio: https://tiltaudio.com/2019/09/22/tiltaudio-controls-rgb-led-rings/
It is about controlling rgb light ring based on your soundset, features the latest firmware with some lua and arduino magic on top.
See youself:

Br Steve

very cool! Are these the standard pop bumper rings? They are only two wire, yes? And so not individually addressable

#920 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Most probably yes. Which revision of the board are you using?

F version

#921 4 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Steve

I was getting sound using the F version but communication with the Pinball CPU (Getaway) seemed not right as in random sound playing whenever they felt like in or out of a game.

#922 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

very cool! Are these the standard pop bumper rings? They are only two wire, yes? And so not individually addressable

Rings are with 16 x 2812 rgb LEDs each. They are individual addressable. You can easily change the Arduino sketch to create different effects.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

I was getting sound using the F version but communication with the Pinball CPU (Getaway) seemed not right as in random sound playing whenever they felt like in or out of a game.

The layout error "only" disrupts the communication between the game and the pi. Sound in general e.g. triggered from web ui should work.

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Rings are with 16 x 2812 rgb LEDs each. They are individual addressable. You can easily change the Arduino sketch to create different effects.

NICE! I am expecting my package today, I can't wait to install it!

#925 4 years ago

Just for comparison steve45 what is your Rom version on your Getaway you had the Tilt Audio In ?

#926 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

The layout error "only" disrupts the communication between the game and the pi. Sound in general e.g. triggered from web ui should work.

I didn’t get any sound via the web ui but the sounds via usb in real data East pinball were ok.

#927 4 years ago

Is there actually anyone here who has the board running flawlessly in a WPC machine?

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

Is there actually anyone here who has the board running flawlessly in a WPC machine?

Me in HS2, FH and DrWho. And a couple of guys from the flippermarkt forum. CFTBL I know for sure. I myself did tests on IJ, STTNG, AttackFromMars, and a few more.

Maybe the impression is wrong as more people with problems posting.

#929 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Me in HS2, FH and DrWho. And a couple of guys from the flippermarkt forum. CFTBL I know for sure. I myself did tests on IJ, STTNG, AttackFromMars, and a few more.
Maybe the impression is wrong as more people with problems posting.

I will Be shortly. Just received my new board - rev. G! As long as I don’t blow it on the really small surface mount components I should have it up and running this evening.

#930 4 years ago

I kind of gave up trying. I keep getting a sound triggered constantly when it shouldn't be (on 2 different boards and in multiple machines). There is another member having pretty much the same issue. Its not a commercial product, so it may work for you or it may not. That's the chances you take I guess.

@Nutty, did you fix your issue with the sound being triggered constantly?

#931 4 years ago

@brewninja,
Did you ever try another raspberry pi?

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

I kind of gave up trying. I keep getting a sound triggered constantly when it shouldn't be (on 2 different boards and in multiple machines). There is another member having pretty much the same issue. Its not a commercial product, so it may work for you or it may not. That's the chances you take I guess.
Nutty, did you fix your issue with the sound being triggered constantly?

Im waiting on a new board and ICs I will have 1 more attempt before moving to the other commercial product. A different pi for me made no difference or grounding the board in the correct places. If I get the same fault it could be to do with a Getaway Rom version maybe or the ribbon cables but my standard card works fine.

I have a Funhouse I could test also.

This card has a lot of potential also now with the addressable led control but I would like to get the sound working first.

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Nutty, did you fix your issue with the sound being triggered constantly?

I have pretty much the same problem too.

#934 4 years ago

The concept seems sound and for me the WebUI worked perfectly all sounds test ok, I was using a set of PC speakers in the Pi 3 B+ 3.5mm jack.

Here are my steps.

1. On first switch on I got some sounds randomly in game play (no constant random sound)

2. On re-soldering the ICs the sounds were in the correct place not all played ("change gear" for example on Getaway) but I started getting a sound FX when it feels like it (The same sound FX every time)

3. On re-soldering the ICs again the sounds were in the correct place not all played ("change gear" for example on Getaway) but I now get 2 sound FX when it feels like it (The same sound FXs every time)

4. Found the 0v fault. Connected but the sound fault remains.

5. Replaced the 374 IC but the sound fault remains.

The pi for me anyway seems to be receiving fake signals to produce a sound (now 2 sounds)when it feels like it and missing out other sounds.

I have tried another pi so this is not it.

I am thinking that the missing 0v has damaged the ICs but its unlikely and I changed the 374 IC, I can only think there is an issue between the WPC connector to the ICs onto the pi 40 pin connector steve45 obviously does not manufacturer the boards and I am thinking the 0v area of the board is very close on multiple pads so it only takes a bit of solder mask to be missing for something to be grounded out.

#935 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

were in the correct place not all played ("change gear" for example on Getaway) but I now get 2 sound FX when it feels like it (The same sound FXs every time)

What happens in the Sound Test for you? When you just let it run for 2 or 3 loops. Here, it plays the right sounds, but only some of them, like 4 out of 12. In the next run it plays other sounds from the sound test, and so on. To clarify, in the first run it may play sound #1, 4, 5 and 9, in the second run sound #1, 2, 6, 8 and 12 and in the 3rd run sound#2, 5, 9, 10 and 12. As an example.

But very often, it switches back to sound 4 and repeats it. Also in normal game it very often plays one particular music and repeats it and all the other sounds are playing only now and then.

#936 4 years ago

At the moment I have 2 sfx playing whenever they feel like it. Unplug the pinball cpu that stops. All sounds test in the UI no problem.

On a game about 80% of the sounds and music works but the 2 sfx at random interrupt other sfx that are due to play.

I haven't bought a licence yet so the constant rant of the pi serial number is not helping diagnosis.

I have not thought about sound test so I will test that next cant believe I didn't think of that

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

At the moment I have 2 sfx playing whenever they feel like it. Unplug the pinball cpu that stops. All sounds test in the UI no problem.

On a game about 80% of the sounds and music works but the 2 sfx at random interrupt other sfx that are due to play.

I haven't bought a licence yet so the constant rant of the pi serial number is not helping diagnosis.

I have not thought about sound test so I will test that next cant believe I didn't think of that

Can you see any specific command in the logfile triggering the sounds. Maybe just a wrong mapping in the soundset.

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Would you do me a favor and try one thing. Unplug the ribbon cable from your display controller board and see if this brings any enhancement to your problem.

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

Would you do me a favor and try one thing. Unplug the ribbon cable from your display controller board and see if this brings any enhancement to your problem.

What change might this bring? Does the display introduce noise into the connection?

I have not had a chance to solder my new board together yet, but I am looking forward to it this weekend

#940 4 years ago

Also, I watched this video several times to get some good recommendations for soldering those surface mount components. The pins are SO small, it can be hard to see them, and even more difficult without a tiny solder gauge, and very very small tip. I also wasn't initially using flux, which seems absolutely critical.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Also, I watched this video several times to get some good recommendations for soldering those surface mount components. The pins are SO small, it can be hard to see them, and even more difficult without a tiny solder gauge, and very very small tip. I also wasn't initially using flux, which seems absolutely critical.

I used an inspection lamp for soldering, do not think i could have done it without one but then my near vision is suffering these days. No flux just .38 solder and a wedge 1.6mm iron tip.

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from HerrBerzerk:

I will try this tonight, I use a PI Zero with an LED screen for my DMD but I still have the low voltage side of the board plugged in.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Can you see any specific command in the logfile triggering the sounds. Maybe just a wrong mapping in the soundset.

2019-05-11 15:08:11.082 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x35 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 53
2019-05-11 15:08:11.083 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 53:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'tire_sound' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:12.590 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 184 0xb8 10111000 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:12.590 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0xb8 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 184
2019-05-11 15:08:12.591 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 184:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'electric_touch_3' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:14.095 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 184 0xb8 10111000 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:14.095 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0xb8 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 184
2019-05-11 15:08:14.095 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 184:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'electric_touch_3' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 053 0x35 00110101 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x35 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 53
2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 53:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'tire_sound' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:17.108 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 184 0xb8 10111000 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:17.109 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0xb8 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 184
2019-05-11 15:08:17.109 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 184:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'electric_touch_3' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:18.616 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 053 0x35 00110101 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:18.616 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x35 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 53
2019-05-11 15:08:18.616 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 53:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'tire_sound' on channel 0

Some Warnings

2019-05-11 14:34:31.260 INFO RasPiSnd [minidisplay_setText] [minidisplay.c:68] print 0,24 : SOUNDSETS: 5
2019-05-11 14:34:31.260 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:829] max soundsets: 5
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 WARN RasPiSnd [loadHashMappingByName] [sound_util.c:743] no hashes found in '/boot/data/sound/5/config.raspisnd'
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /boot/data/sound/5/config.ini
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 WARN RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:315] config config.ini not found in /boot/data/sound/5
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /boot/data/sound/5/config.raspisnd
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 WARN RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:315] config config.raspisnd not found in /boot/data/sound/5
2019-05-11 14:34:31.261 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:435] gain for /boot/data/sound/5/jingle is 15
2019-05-11 14:34:31.268 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:435] gain for /boot/data/sound/5/music is 15
2019-05-11 14:34:31.272 DEBUG MiniDSer [miniDisplayHandler] [minidisplay.c:85] processing message
2019-05-11 14:34:31.280 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:435] gain for /boot/data/sound/5/sfx is 15
2019-05-11 14:34:31.316 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scan] [sound_util.c:435] gain for /boot/data/sound/5/voice is 15
2019-05-11 14:34:31.329 DEBUG RasPiSnd [scanAll] [sound_util.c:785] scan done id hash is: 2223564575

These I believe are the relevant areas. I have upload a full log for Steve45 but he never commented on it.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What change might this bring? Does the display introduce noise into the connection?
I have not had a chance to solder my new board together yet, but I am looking forward to it this weekend

Bring the noise. I guess that's the case here... without ribbon cable to the display controller board it's much better (still not 100%).

#945 4 years ago

Just an update, but too be honest I have not got a lot of faith left in getting this to work. What is annoying is steve45 has a video of it working in a Getaway yet when I asked for a pi image for Getaway I was told he could not provide an image for specific machines, there must be a reason for this ??

1. I updated to 1.29 got no sound at all checked all settings no go no sound.

2. Loaded 1.27 and do a sound test, sound is back, 50% sounds play correct then after a couple of minutes testing they all do not match, very random, interestingly the test selection tone (when you press the 4 Getaway buttons in the coin door) is always correct but it sometimes play another sfx along with it.

3. unplug DMD board no change.

4. updated to 1.28 no change

All sound sets 4 in all (links provided by @steve45) do the same unreliable output.

I was going to test this in my Funhouse but I cannot be bothered until I get a replacement board for a rebuild

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from nutty:

Just an update, but too be honest I have not got a lot of faith left in getting this to work. What is annoying is steve45 has a video of it working in a Getaway yet when I asked for a pi image for Getaway I was told he could not provide an image for specific machines, there must be a reason for this ??
1. I updated to 1.29 got no sound at all checked all settings no go no sound.
2. Loaded 1.27 and do a sound test, sound is back, 50% sounds play correct then after a couple of minutes testing they all do not match, very random, interestingly the test selection tone (when you press the 4 Getaway buttons in the coin door) is always correct but it sometimes play another sfx along with it.
3. unplug DMD board no change.
4. updated to 1.28 no change
All sound sets 4 in all (links provided by steve45) do the same unreliable output.
I was going to test this in my Funhouse but I cannot be bothered until I get a replacement board for a rebuild

Something is wrong with your board. Are you sure the soldering is ok?

#947 4 years ago

I believe I have a problem with the board and the soundsets as in the config file etc

I have converted the machine to 2.1 sound now so I am going with this or reluctantly the commercial way. I think steve45 unit has more potential with the addressable LEDs being added and I like the idea of building it.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from lucky1:

Ive posted it before, but this is what I see in my logs over and over and over on 3 different games and 2 different boards (I didn't change soundsets, so it triggers the same sound on all). This is from first boot. It plays constantly, even if there should be no sounds playing. Disconnect CPU and it doesn't play anything except the license info stuff that it should.

2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:338] wpc cmd 00000 143 0x8f 10001111 len: 1
2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1559] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x8f 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 143
2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1345] playing sample 143:0 vol: 15->71 'sfx' 'water_drop' on channel 0

#949 4 years ago

Same here but I can defiantly say I only had one SFX constant before I re soldered the ICs

2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 053 0x35 00110101 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x35 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 53
2019-05-11 15:08:15.603 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 53:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'tire_sound' on channel 0
2019-05-11 15:08:17.108 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:372] wpc cmd 00000 184 0xb8 10111000 len: 1
2019-05-11 15:08:17.109 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1607] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0xb8 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 184
2019-05-11 15:08:17.109 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1393] playing sample 184:0 vol: 15->100 'sfx' 'electric_touch_3' on channel 0

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Ive posted it before, but this is what I see in my logs over and over and over on 3 different games and 2 different boards (I didn't change soundsets, so it triggers the same sound on all). This is from first boot. It plays constantly, even if there should be no sounds playing. Disconnect CPU and it doesn't play anything except the license info stuff that it should.
2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG isr wpc [wdenInterrupt] [pincom.c:338] wpc cmd 00000 143 0x8f 10001111 len: 1
2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG isr wpc [soundWpcHandler] [sdl_sound.c:1559] wpcSoundHandler cmd: 0x8f 0x00 0x00 0x00, id: 143
2019-07-26 01:21:50.143 DEBUG SndServi [playSample] [sdl_sound.c:1345] playing sample 143:0 vol: 15->71 'sfx' 'water_drop' on channel 0

Did you try disconnecting the display instead? It definitely sounds like there’s a lot of noise that’s confusing the board. Definitely double check your soldering work - that’s a key area I had trouble with

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
$ 22.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 21.95
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mariposa, CA
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/19?hl=robotworkshop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.