rev-3.8-board (resized).jpg
C7BECF85-6A35-49A4-9C0C-611A6E059682 (resized).png
49C01E99-89EB-40E0-8790-5284A9D5CE12 (resized).jpeg
8B5C3740-485C-4518-B3F8-75DECB3FE0F2 (resized).jpeg
F484B39F-E731-4EA6-AF15-EDA85E40774D (resized).jpeg
6A8ECF6B-5C7C-4DB0-9B57-78787F299920 (resized).jpeg
224F7226-27C1-4E5B-8240-13940876411D (resized).jpeg
IMG_9634 (resized).JPG

There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 41.
#701 4 years ago

Hi i have issues getting sound out through shield. Works fine when using HDMI and sound coming out from tv. Have hw1.9, Image 1.24 using a Pi zero with usb soundcard. Have anybody had any success with this combo? I have tried so many options with use-usb.txt in data directory using windows, but no success. If somebody has made it work with this combo please explain how it should be done and maybe make a PrtSC. Havent got the wifi to work either, heres how i typed in my SSID on file dietpi-wifi

#---------------------------------------------------------------
# - Entry 0
# WiFi SSID (Case Sensitive)
aWIFI_SSID[0]="Xiaomi_D9D7 Cederl"
# Key options: If no key (open), leave this blank
aWIFI_KEY[0]="blajajablabla"
# Available options: NONE (no key/open) | WPA-PSK | WEP | WPA-EAP (then use settings below)
aWIFI_KEYMGR[0]="WPA-PSK"
# - WPA-EAP Options
aWIFI_PROTO[0]=""
aWIFI_PAIRWISE[0]=""
aWIFI_AUTH_ALG[0]=""
aWIFI_EAP[0]=""
aWIFI_IDENTITY[0]=""
aWIFI_PASSWORD[0]=""
aWIFI_PHASE1[0]=""
aWIFI_PHASE2[0]=""
# Location of the certificate file (eg: /boot/mycert.cer)
aWIFI_CERT[0]=""
# - Entry 1
aWIFI_SSID[1]=""
aWIFI_KEY[1]=""
# Available options: NONE (no key/open) | WPA-PSK | WEP | WPA-EAP (then use settings below)
aWIFI_KEYMGR[1]="WPA-PSK"
# - WPA-EAP Options
aWIFI_PROTO[1]=""
aWIFI_PAIRWISE[1]=""
aWIFI_AUTH_ALG[1]=""
aWIFI_EAP[1]=""
aWIFI_IDENTITY[1]=""
aWIFI_PASSWORD[1]=""
aWIFI_PHASE1[1]=""
aWIFI_PHASE2[1]=""
aWIFI_CERT[1]=""
# - Entry 2
aWIFI_SSID[2]=""
aWIFI_KEY[2]=""
aWIFI_KEYMGR[2]="WPA-PSK"
# - WPA-EAP Options
aWIFI_PROTO[2]=""
aWIFI_PAIRWISE[2]=""
aWIFI_AUTH_ALG[2]=""
aWIFI_EAP[2]=""
aWIFI_IDENTITY[2]=""
aWIFI_PASSWORD[2]=""
aWIFI_PHASE1[2]=""
aWIFI_PHASE2[2]=""
aWIFI_CERT[2]=""
# - Entry 3
aWIFI_SSID[3]=""
aWIFI_KEY[3]=""
aWIFI_KEYMGR[3]="WPA-PSK"
# - WPA-EAP Options
aWIFI_PROTO[3]=""
aWIFI_PAIRWISE[3]=""
aWIFI_AUTH_ALG[3]=""
aWIFI_EAP[3]=""
aWIFI_IDENTITY[3]=""
aWIFI_PASSWORD[3]=""
aWIFI_PHASE1[3]=""
aWIFI_PHASE2[3]=""
aWIFI_CERT[3]=""
# - Entry 4
aWIFI_SSID[4]=""
aWIFI_KEY[4]=""
aWIFI_KEYMGR[4]="WPA-PSK"
# - WPA-EAP Options
aWIFI_PROTO[4]=""
aWIFI_PAIRWISE[4]=""
aWIFI_AUTH_ALG[4]=""
aWIFI_EAP[4]=""
aWIFI_IDENTITY[4]=""
aWIFI_PASSWORD[4]=""
aWIFI_PHASE1[4]=""
aWIFI_PHASE2[4]=""
aWIFI_CERT[4]=""

Hopefully somebody can help the newbie Regards/Stefan C

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from gottodrifta:

Hi i have issues getting sound out through shield. Works fine when using HDMI and sound coming out from tv. Have hw1.9, Image 1.24 using a Pi zero with usb soundcard. Have anybody had any success with this combo?

Hi Stefan

I haven't got that exact combo, but i had similar issues on my Pi3 with 1.24. What ended up working for me was updating to the latest 1.25 RC, and then accessing the Web UI. From there i was able to select between a lot of different drivers for the USB sound card, and now it works like a charm. On previous versions i just had the use-usb.txt file.

So i would really suggest hooking up your Pi to the network to access the Web UI. But with all of the problems people have had with the DietPi WiFi setup, it seems that it would be best to start with a cabled connection, and from there SSH to the Pi and run DietPi-config.

I don't know the Pi Zero, but i bet it doesn't have an ethernet connector? And in that case, i actually don't know how you get WiFi working, as there seems to be an error in the DietPi software, that makes it impossible to setup WiFi by editing the txt files. I think steve45 mentioned looking into it , and perhaps come up with something easier. But he is a busy man, so that might take a while. And seeing as DietPi is a finished distribution he is using, it might not be that easy.

Don't suppose you have a ethernet to USB adapter that would allow you to make a cabled ethernet connection to your Pi Zero?

#703 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi Stefan
I haven't got that exact combo, but i had similar issues on my Pi3 with 1.24. What ended up working for me was updating to the latest 1.25 RC, and then accessing the Web UI. From there i was able to select between a lot of different drivers for the USB sound card, and now it works like a charm. On previous versions i just had the use-usb.txt file.
So i would really suggest hooking up your Pi to the network to access the Web UI. But with all of the problems people have had with the DietPi WiFi setup, it seems that it would be best to start with a cabled connection, and from there SSH to the Pi and run DietPi-config.
I don't know the Pi Zero, but i bet it doesn't have an ethernet connector? And in that case, i actually don't know how you get WiFi working, as there seems to be an error in the DietPi software, that makes it impossible to setup WiFi by editing the txt files. I think steve45 mentioned looking into it , and perhaps come up with something easier. But he is a busy man, so that might take a while. And seeing as DietPi is a finished distribution he is using, it might not be that easy.
Don't suppose you have a ethernet to USB adapter that would allow you to make a cabled ethernet connection to your Pi Zero?

If you happen to have the power connector for the Google Chromecast which has an Ethernet jack built in, this works natively with the Pi Zero. It’s $15 (in the US) on Amazon.com

#704 4 years ago

Thanks for the info and superfast replies. I will try this out and also got from a pinside member a maybe functional image Will try that out as soon as i get the image.

#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

There is another option that is not widely known: instead of just putting a "use-usb.txt" file in the data directory you can use a file "option.txt" (and please my dear friends of windows option.txt and NOT option.txt.txt !!! ).

This file just contains one line that is inserted as additional start option when service starts at boot. So this gives you the freedom of doing everything that is controlled by a command line option. And there is especially one "-A: set audio device for alsa output", which means but putting "-Ahw:2,0" into option.txt you get "direct hardware access to alsa card 2, dev=0".

If you are not sure, just check the logfile: all alsa devices will be enumerated in the startup sequence. So using this trick you can apply every audio device you like without webUI. Of course webUI is much more comfortable and gives instant feedback.

Br Steve

#706 4 years ago

Another hint on Wifi config as this seems to be a "hot topic" here: as dietpi relies on armbian underneath you should be able to leverage an armbian feature that is:
put a wpa_supplicant.conf file in the boot partition (the windows readable one) with the following content:

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=«your_ISO-3166-1_two-letter_country_code»

network={
ssid="«your_SSID»"
psk="«your_PSK»"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

Example: for Canada, ssid=foo pw=secret

ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
update_config=1
country=CA

network={
ssid="foo"
psk="secret"
key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
}

replace everything in «...» with actual values and your good to go. The normal quotes " after ssid= and psk= are important. leave them as they are.

And for the windows folks: I'm not sure if CRLF line end will work, to be safe try using an editor than supports unix style line ends LF.

Hope this is the ultimate way to get wifi working, that stops these "I can't get my wifi working ... "

Br Steve

#707 4 years ago

Where's the rc1.25? Is there a link from the new homepage?

#708 4 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Where's the rc1.25? Is there a link from the new homepage?

There was a link, but it's now 404.

#709 4 years ago

There's no version rc1.25 there're a couple of release candidates for the upcoming 1.25 latest is 1.25rc9 https://mega.nz/#!RwpCTY6Y!WDA28HXNmgviroGTH83AfGmY_bq9-RkMk4m8drTkkLg

#710 4 years ago

Have downloaded the update. Where do I put this update and should I delete the dietpi and replace with update? I have tried to add update into data directory also in the first block . I'm out sailing here just need a push in the right direction and things will fall into place

#711 4 years ago

create a folder named update at root
place the zip file renamed as update.zip

boot

#712 4 years ago

You can also use the update facilty on the WEBGUI to upload via wifi. Again leave as a zip.

#713 4 years ago

Hey Steve, don't know if it's a known issue, but when using the small image, and having the data folder on an usb drive, tiltaudio can't find the license file with version 1.25rc9. Everything else loads fine from USB.

Relavant part of the log:

2019-01-21 22:16:59.521 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:733] TILT!Audio starting, version 1.25rc9, serial: 64*****16, on: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
2019-01-21 22:16:59.816 INFO RasPiSnd [verifyKey] [crypt.c:218] trying to load key from 64*****16.key
2019-01-21 22:16:59.816 ERROR RasPiSnd [readFromFile] [crypt.c:78] could not read 64*****16.key
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:759] loading settings from ta.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: ./ta.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 WARN RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:315] config ta.ini not found in .
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 ERROR RasPiSnd [readSettings] [despi.c:139] open settings for reading
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /media/usb/data/sound/raspisound.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:276] read raspisound.ini from /media/usb/data/sound/raspisound.ini

64*****16.key file is present in the data directory (I just copied a working data directory over from a working 1.24 full sized memory card, which recognized the license. )

#714 4 years ago
Quoted from LuxZ:

Hey Steve, don't know if it's a known issue, but when using the small image, and having the data folder on an usb drive, tiltaudio can't find the license file with version 1.25rc9. Everything else loads fine from USB.
Relavant part of the log:
2019-01-21 22:16:59.521 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:733] TILT!Audio starting, version 1.25rc9, serial: 64*****16, on: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Plus Rev 1.3
2019-01-21 22:16:59.816 INFO RasPiSnd [verifyKey] [crypt.c:218] trying to load key from 64*****16.key
2019-01-21 22:16:59.816 ERROR RasPiSnd [readFromFile] [crypt.c:78] could not read 64*****16.key
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 INFO RasPiSnd [main] [despi.c:759] loading settings from ta.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: ./ta.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 WARN RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:315] config ta.ini not found in .
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 ERROR RasPiSnd [readSettings] [despi.c:139] open settings for reading
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:272] reading config from: /media/usb/data/sound/raspisound.ini
2019-01-21 22:16:59.899 DEBUG RasPiSnd [readConfig] [fileutil.c:276] read raspisound.ini from /media/usb/data/sound/raspisound.ini
64*****16.key file is present in the data directory (I just copied a working data directory over from a working 1.24 full sized memory card, which recognized the license. )

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere, but as the usb path is device dependent, the license file in this case will only be found if in the sound directory.

Of course this works in general, but only for the newer versions. So just copy the license file and you're good.

Br Steve

#715 4 years ago

I finally finished the new assembly page for the 2.5 boards. So for everybody who's going to build the kit (sent some out this week) check out the page about assembly https://tiltaudio.com/2019/04/09/assembly-instructions-for-2-5b-blue/

Br Steve

#716 4 years ago

steve45 Thanks for the instruction.

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere, but as the usb path is device dependent, the license file in this case will only be found if in the sound directory.

Yes, i can confirm that. I am using the small image, combined with a USB stick. And I have all of the sound sets on the USB stick. And with the license key file placed in the sound directory, everything works fine.

#718 4 years ago

Today the next revision 2.5c of the board arrived, so now all parts for kits are again in stock.

Fixed flaws / improvements:
- mounting holes bigger
- adjusted / fixes pads for i2s module
- optional oled mini display
- various fixes for WPC power supply (wiring / placement)

Br Steve

IMG_20190410_182429_1_1 (resized).jpgIMG_20190410_182429_1_1 (resized).jpg
#719 4 years ago

Thats great news! Will definitely be ordering one before long.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Today the next revision 2.5c of the board arrived, so now all parts for kits are again in stock.
Fixed flaws / improvements:
- mounting holes bigger
- adjusted / fixes pads for i2s module
- optional oled mini display
- various fixes for WPC power supply (wiring / placement)
Br Steve
[quoted image]

Hi Steve - I only see the version 2.5 kit in the store. If this one is ordered, does it include the 2.5c board or the old one? Also, is there an option you can setup on ordering that I can order a 2.5c kit with parts for both DE and WPC included?

I had problems with the old kit that I never could resolve, so I'd like to get on your current platform and try again

#721 4 years ago
Quoted from Wharhed:

Hi Steve - I only see the version 2.5 kit in the store. If this one is ordered, does it include the 2.5c board or the old one? Also, is there an option you can setup on ordering that I can order a 2.5c kit with parts for both DE and WPC included?
I had problems with the old kit that I never could resolve, so I'd like to get on your current platform and try again

2.5 means always the latest, so 2.5c as of today. To get both WPC and DE just add a note in the checkout notes field.

Br Steve

#722 4 years ago

Next version of firmware supports direct Alsa plugin controls. First application is a 10-channel equalizer:
Br Steve

ta-equalizer (resized).jpgta-equalizer (resized).jpg
#723 4 years ago

Hell yeah!! I was hoping for this since I asked you about it a long time ago.

Really looking forward to try it out

#724 4 years ago

I have an unassembled 2.5 kit in the USA which I am not going to use as I got impatient waiting for it and purchased a Pinsound+.

$65 shipped within the United States and it’s yours.

Does not include Raspberry Pi.

#725 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

2.5 means always the latest, so 2.5c as of today. To get both WPC and DE just add a note in the checkout notes field.
Br Steve

Just ordered the new kit! Thanks for adding the “both” option

#726 4 years ago

Following along and looks like this project is finally to a point where things are mostly working. Thanks for the awesome work!

#727 4 years ago

Anyone have a real BOM? I want to build 4 of them, so it makes more sense to just source all the stuff myself. I have most of it figured out, but just want to double check things and see if I have anything wrong or missing.

#728 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewNinja:

Anyone have a real BOM?

Did you check my easyeda.com repo? https://easyeda.com/steve45/raspisnd-i2s

There is a BOM for everything to build the assembled PCBs. Maybe some connectors missing. HTH.

/Steve

#729 4 years ago

I did. I think the only thing I cant figure out what it is is the U7 5v dc-dc step down module. The rest took some digging, but I have it. Can you give me a hint on what I am looking for? Thanks!

*Edit* Found the module you were using. Haven't ever seen the mini buck modules before. Good to go

#730 4 years ago

New post on TILT!Audio: https://tiltaudio.com/2019/04/20/mounting-tiltaudio-board-on-a-wpc/ see how easy it is to replace the sound board on a wpc machine.

/Steve

#731 4 years ago

Hi all, hoping someone could give me some guidance with update 1.25
Downloaded the zip.
Renamed it update.zip
Placed it in main directory with new folder named update
Rebooted and still at 1.24
What am I doing wrong?

15557671304983583158016396642869 (resized).jpg15557671304983583158016396642869 (resized).jpg
#732 4 years ago

The usual windows guys pitfall: you named it update.zip.zip instead update.zip?

Remember the Windows explorer hides known file extensions

#733 4 years ago

By the way: for all that are running shoes with the new HiFi DAC already, be sure to try 48kHz sample frequency. Gives much better sound quality normally

br Steve

#734 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

The usual windows guys pitfall: you named it update.zip.zip instead update.zip?
Remember the Windows explorer hides known file extensions

That was the problem, thanks Steve.

#735 4 years ago

Ok, shield comes up in the game and says version 1.25 and data East soundset. But that's it. No game sounds. Checked vendor, output device, jumper on shield. The strange thing is, if I test the pi outside the game, in web UI, I get some game sounds to play and some say failed.
Anyone ever run into this scenario? I figure I am missing a setting somewhere

#736 4 years ago

I should also call out "sound set 1"

Check your sound set is complete and loaded in the wifi GUI.
It should show all your sounds.

Are the sound sets in the Data/Sounds/nameofsounds folder?

In USB or SD card?

#737 4 years ago

Late but still eastern weekend I looks like there are 10 eastern eggs hidden on the tiltaudio.com website. EE-TILT_Audio (resized).jpgEE-TILT_Audio (resized).jpg First 10 who find them (and the right coupon code) get 10% off for any order off TILT!Audio kits.

Have fun, Steve

#738 4 years ago
Quoted from Vimtoman:

I should also call out "sound set 1"
Check your sound set is complete and loaded in the wifi GUI.
It should show all your sounds.
Are the sound sets in the Data/Sounds/nameofsounds folder?
In USB or SD card?

It does call out sound set 1
Here the strange thing, in web UI, all sounds are showing, I get some sound samples to play, and then some sounds say error playing. Does this mean sound set is scrambled?

#739 4 years ago

Screenshot

IMG_20190406_093839 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_093839 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_093910 (resized).jpgIMG_20190406_093910 (resized).jpg
#740 4 years ago

I only have WPC and the scrambled files would have long numbers, similar to your image.
Unscrambled have a six digit number 000001 etc.

You could have a scrambled audio file .

Somebody on here with the same set may be able to tell you.

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from steve45:

Late but still eastern weekend I looks like there are 10 eastern eggs hidden on the tiltaudio.com website. [quoted image] First 10 who find them (and the right coupon code) get 10% off for any order off TILT!Audio kits.
Have fun, Steve

Bottom of the assembly page (https://tiltaudio.com/assembly/)

#742 4 years ago

kba78 set the realtime logs up and see what errors etc are shown.
It may help in working out what the problem is.

#743 4 years ago

Here a quick screenshot of the log files after loading.

Screenshot_20190424-073228 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190424-073228 (resized).png
#744 4 years ago

Seems like you are using a scrambled soundset.

#745 4 years ago

I thought so too, I am trying to find an unscrammed one for star wars but so far no luck. As a matter of fact I have tried multiple data East soundset and non have worked right

#746 4 years ago

ok, steve sent me an unscrammbled soundset. all works good in web ui. i get all sound samples.
in game, pi boots as normal with "soundset1", "data east". then start game and only plays one sound, and repeats that same sound every time a switch is made in the game. totally stumped, as to what could be wrong. any help would be great, as i feel i am close and would hate to throw in the towel now

#747 4 years ago

Could you make some closeup pictures of your hardware ? Especially around the 3 SMD ICs

#748 4 years ago

No problem

15563158661803318290543501088574 (resized).jpg15563158661803318290543501088574 (resized).jpg15563159302428368164919422865703 (resized).jpg15563159302428368164919422865703 (resized).jpg
#749 4 years ago

Please check wether all pins are properly connected and software is configured for DataEast.
Please also try to upload the logfile.

#750 4 years ago

Just a quick heads-up: I'm currently out of amplifiers and china supply chain has actually some problems (see https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/bcu7xb/oops_this_item_is_unavailable/ ). In the meantime I managed to order some, but expect some delay in shipping. Sorry for that.

Br Steve

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
There are 2,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 41.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-sound-for-de-jurassic-park-using-a-pi/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.