6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by airmech
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“To clean and rebuild score reels...”

• I take apart, clean and rebuild while they are still attached and hanging off of back of backbox 23 votes
      79%
    • I detach and remove board inside backbox and then take apart, clean and rebuild while they are still attached but now laying flat on large table 5 votes
      17%
    • I unsolder score reel unit from backbox and then solder back after cleaned and rebuilt 1 vote
      3%

(29 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willbeEM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 6 years ago

I voted I left the score reels in place but I believe on the last one I did, a Grand Prix, The condition of the reels from the 4th player to the 1st player was night and day so I got really complicated and removed everything but the score reel switches from the backbox a pair of reels at a time and rotated them. So first player 100 points became the fourth player 100 points and the fourth the first and so on.
    If I had any tip it would be to make sure your floor is swept clean before you start, them little clip rings have magic invisibility powers where they can vanish and then re-appear only after you give up, go for a coffee and then look for the other part you just dropped...<sigh>

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider willbeEM.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-score-reels-question?tu=willbeEM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.