(Topic ID: 260456)

Rebuilding flippers on Jurassic Park, where does this part go?

By Spencer

70 days ago

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 69 days ago by Roverius
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

flippers (resized).JPG

#1 70 days ago

So I got the rebuild kit from Pinball life. I've changed everything over but I have 2 larger sized wave washers left over. (They are the size of the coil sleeves.) They were not installed on my game when I took it apart. Where are they supposed to go?

Thanks in advance

#2 70 days ago

in between the coil and the rear coil stop. keeps the coil tight in the mech.

#3 70 days ago

Great, thank you.

#4 70 days ago

It keeps the flipper coil tight so it won't flop around.

#5 70 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

in between the coil and the rear coil stop. keeps the coil tight in the mech.

Pretty sure this is incorrect. That's how Stern used them but it's been recommended to put them between the front of the coil and the metal bracket. This way it keeps them from rubbing against the coil stop and contributing to wearing it out. I know some company put them in the back and others out them in the front side.

#6 70 days ago

Opposite the coil stop nearer to the mech is where they go.

#7 70 days ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Pretty sure this is incorrect. That's how Stern used them but it's been recommended to put them between the front of the coil and the metal bracket. This way it keeps them from rubbing against the coil stop and contributing to wearing it out. I know some company put them in the back and others out them in the front side.

i read what you're talking about, and have tried this. all this did was make it difficult for the sleeve to sit properly in the center of the front coil stop, and it actually flopped around more. don't believe everything you read.

#8 70 days ago

Then you are installing it incorrectly. The washer will fit on either side of the coil. The coil stop will last longer if it is placed on the opposite side.

#9 70 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Then you are installing it incorrectly. The washer will fit on either side of the coil. The coil stop will last longer if it is placed on the opposite side.

i believe i installed it correctly. both coil stops were held tightly together when screwed down. i'm not sure how else you're supposed to do that. but, installing it on the front side of the coil presses the coil tighter against the rear stop. what's the theory on how that preserves it? not saying you're wrong, just curious?

#10 69 days ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i read what you're talking about, and have tried this. all this did was make it difficult for the sleeve to sit properly in the center of the front coil stop, and it actually flopped around more. don't believe everything you read.

I’ve changed at least a dozen Stern games over to the correct way with washer in front and never had any of the problems you are talking about. But it make it a little more difficult to get together. The sleeves all sat properly once you got it right. Think that’s why they put them in the back since it was a lot quicker to do that way.

#11 69 days ago

I have also rebuild my flippers. Some parts are not needed and might be used for other models.
Here, on the image, you can see how they look on a LW3 from Data East.

flippers (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 149.99
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside