• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20141003_160207.jpg
IMG_20141003_005615.jpg
IMG_20140923_152346.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

I am struggling to get the lights working on my FLASH playfield. Most of the lights work in the backbox but the playfield, both general illumination and the active game lights are dark.

The boards have been refurbished, from what I can tell the pins on the boards are carrying the proper 16-18 volts, so all I'm left with is the thought that it must be the connectors.

A) Does this reasoning make sense or should I be looking elsewhere to solve the problem?

B) Any advice on how to rebuild these connectors?

C) if all else fails, does anyone have a recommendation in the Rockville, Maryland area of a tech that makes house calls to work on such issues in early SS pins?
IMG_20140923_152346.jpgIMG_20140923_152346.jpg

#3 9 years ago

Loaded the wrong picture, sorry...all I was really trying to show was the type of connector I was dealing with. I believe the blue/black wires are for the control lamps.

Any suggestions/advice on rebuilding these connectors? Do you think the connectors could be the issue?
IMG_20141003_005615.jpgIMG_20141003_005615.jpg

#6 9 years ago

Thanks for the input.

The missing fuse is meant to be missing, not in use for this game.

As for the wires following to the playfield, they actually run from the power supply board on one connector and then split to two different connectors on the driver board. The black go to one connector and the blue to another.

IMG_20141003_160207.jpgIMG_20141003_160207.jpg
1 week later
#8 9 years ago

From what I can tell, it is not a connector issue. All the connections seem solid. More importantly, ALL the control lamps are dark. I imagine if it were only one or two loose wires/connections, only an occasional lamp would be out. Does this make sense?

#10 9 years ago

Controlled lamps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Green Brook Township, NJ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Milan, IL
$ 20.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Woolwich Township, NJ
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leosac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-connectors-playfield-lights?tu=Leosac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.