New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 204221)

Rebuilding collection of 80s pins - In what order?

By MtnFrost

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by MtnFrost
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

So I'm interested in getting the following pins, all of which I've had before (except Annie and Spirit). I don't buy premium high-end polished games, so money IS an object. In what order would you suggest I hunt down and buy these?

Medusa
Seawitch
Black Hole
Frontier
Asteroid Annie (yes, that one was too much)
Spirit (dreaming, I know)

Thoughts?

#2 2 years ago

I'd try for Medusa. And maybe keep an eye on a bargain Asteroid Annie or Spirit in case you luck into something. And maybe one you haven't had in the past.

LTG : )

#3 2 years ago

Uff man those are pricey these days; and I would just start getting them whenever you can.

look at this price and it went quick.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-medusa-5

Spirit
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-spirit

#4 2 years ago

yeah, no doubt - I've always loved the 80-82 pins, Bally specific, but a few others. Timing is key on those - so I'm set to jump on a good deal.

#5 2 years ago

I would start with the best early 80's pin EBD. Joker Poker is from the late 70's but it's a better player then Asteroid Annie.Black Hole is an awesome game and would be my 3rd choice.

#6 2 years ago

Not trying to be a smart ass. You may not have too too much of a choice in the matter. Whichever one pops up the first you may want to grab it. I wouldn't put Frontier too much down the list because you don't see them that much. Of course you very rarely (which you mention) see AA or Spirit! Good luck

#7 2 years ago

I'd start with the games I could find
most of those are hard to come by, you may spend years looking

I would suggest adding a few more titles to your list, and find something to play while you wait for a grail pin

#8 2 years ago

At least he doesn't have Stargzer or Quicksilver on the list.

#9 2 years ago

There's been a few Frontiers up for sale lately. I just picked up a fully restored one and it wasn't cheap but they can still be had under $3k. They seem to be going up quick these days so get in now it's a great game.

#11 2 years ago

Agree with other posts above: order will be determined by which pop up first especially if you're looking for a deal.

#12 2 years ago

Annnnd end! Guess I just answered my own question. Seawitch is first.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside