7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MX-01-7036[1]_(resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

I have an early edition Black Knight, and the reset bars are the type that have 3 prongs that stick out to lift the targets. The newer "replacement" bars, have the three prongs connected together. The problem is, the new bars stick out far enough to trip the switches when the bar is in the down (rest)position. I can adjust the position of the switches somewhat, but their is a lot of play in the reset bar, and if it twists a little, it will catch and trigger a target switch.

Has anyone faced this problem? Do I have to relocate or use different switches?

Mac

MX-01-7036[1]_(resized).jpgMX-01-7036[1]_(resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

I've never used one of these replacement reset plates, but how does it compare to an original if you place them on top of each other? Can you trim or file the new one a little to match or avoid hitting the switches? Are you sure it's the correct replacement? I wouldn't go replacing the switches, figure out the part issue instead

3 months later
#3 7 years ago
Quoted from Sheprd:

I have an early edition Black Knight, and the reset bars are the type that have 3 prongs that stick out to lift the targets. The newer "replacement" bars, have the three prongs connected together. The problem is, the new bars stick out far enough to trip the switches when the bar is in the down (rest)position. I can adjust the position of the switches somewhat, but their is a lot of play in the reset bar, and if it twists a little, it will catch and trigger a target switch.
Has anyone faced this problem? Do I have to relocate or use different switches?
Mac

Hi,
I know you've posted this comment a few months back but I've faced the same issue a couple of weeks ago.
Replacement part was exactly as the one you pictured above. Easy solution for me was to cut the reset plate to match the original one, easier than having to reposition the switches. Unfoi did not take a picture of it but the inal result was a matching reset place to the original one.
Hope this help

#4 7 years ago

Thanks. I have been playing the BK quite a lot over the past 3 months and not had a single issue once I tweaked the switch positions a tad, so it is doable without going back to the old style without the connecting bars. If I ever do see a problem, I will cut them out.

5 years later
#5 2 years ago

I have this same issue where it held the switch down. Did it cause your fuse to blow? My F2 fuse blows and I'm wonder if the stuck switch caused the problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,059.00
Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Vista, CA
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 59.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-black-knight-drop-targets-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.