Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3301 (resized).JPG
IMG_3256 (resized).JPG
IMG_20160621_162351216 (resized).jpg
IMG_20160622_142702823 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170828_204635376 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170828_204526072 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

Is there a company or business that will rebuild a playfield for you after you have it restored? I recently had one restored but I don't think I have the skills or abilities to reassemble it. Especially concerned about the ground wire that connected everything underneath and was stapled to the playfield and soldered to a lot of the parts. Way above my skill level. I spent a lot of time and money on the restoration and I don't want to ruin it by screwing up the repopulation. Can anybody point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

#2 6 years ago

Anyone know of a business that can help?

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Did you strip it yourself? Kinda difficult to rebuild a blank pf without the disassembly pictures unless you have done the same game before. I've never heard of a company/person specifically doing just the pf rebuild but probably could find a pinsider? other than that could try seeing if the couple restorers on here would be willing to tackle it and get it in queue

Yes, I stripped it myself. I have a lot of pictures that I took. I also have a second playfield that is 100% complete to look at for reference.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

What is the title?

It's a 1985 William's Comet.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from nickbuol:

Yeah, repopulating a playfield is what has held me back from getting my Theatre of Magic playfield fixed up and clearcoated. I've done a lot of restoration myself already, and got a far as removing almost all of the above playfield pieces for a good cleaning, polishing, etc, but even with really good photos and videos. I found a few things that I wish I had better pictures of. And that was just a few days between tear down and reassembly. I can't imagine if I had to rely on my memory for something that I missed a photo of and it had been a few months between full teardown and build up.
Maybe I am over reacting. I've learned a little bit from my above playfield tear down and the documentation, but I am still super nervous so I get where you are coming from.
Which game did you get the playfield redone?
Also, where did you have it done and how do you like it? I really need to just do this myself (having someone fix the playfield) sometime.

It's a William's Comet. I had it restored and cleared by JoeMomma here on Pinside. Did a fantastic job. Pictures don't do it justice but here are a couple.

IMG_20170828_204526072 (resized).jpgIMG_20170828_204526072 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170828_204635376 (resized).jpgIMG_20170828_204635376 (resized).jpg

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

If you have pictures and a second playfield you won't have a problem. Just take your time and go in the reverse order from disassembly, is soldering your big concern? Watch a few videos and practice a bit. You'll be glad you did when you're done.

My biggest concern is the solid wire that is soldered to most of the parts and stapled to the bottom of the playfield. That, plus the fear of the unknown. I've never done this before and I don't want to screw it up. I have a lot of time and money invested in this and don't want to do it again because I made a rookie mistake. Here are a couple of pictures of that wire and the soldering and stapling that I'm talking about.

IMG_20160622_142702823 (resized).jpgIMG_20160622_142702823 (resized).jpg

IMG_20160621_162351216 (resized).jpgIMG_20160621_162351216 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigB.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuilding-a-restored-playfield?tu=BigB and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.