(Topic ID: 193284)

rebuild driver boards

By blackjack33

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

i have a dirty harry and think the A-12697-3 board is messed up.

I replaced the 8 amp blown fuse in the power interface assambly and I got it to power up but no power on the flippers and selenoids and such. I checked the f112 fuse on the power board ad it was blown...so i replaced it. then the fuse on the power interface blew again and machine wouldnt start. replaced it again.

I did get it to run for a couple of secs on like the 3rd 8 amp fuse and the flippers and everything were super weak then power off in about 15 seconds. 8 amp fuse blew but f112 was still alive.

So I am thinking it is the power driver board like it is sucking too much power or something and killing the fuse? Anyone run into this before?

Thanks.

#2 6 years ago
Quoted from blackjack33:

i have a dirty harry and think the A-12697-3 board is messed up.
I replaced the 8 amp blown fuse in the power interface assambly and I got it to power up but no power on the flippers and selenoids and such. I checked the f112 fuse on the power board ad it was blown...so i replaced it. then the fuse on the power interface blew again and machine wouldnt start. replaced it again.
I did get it to run for a couple of secs on like the 3rd 8 amp fuse and the flippers and everything were super weak then power off in about 15 seconds. 8 amp fuse blew but f112 was still alive.
So I am thinking it is the power driver board like it is sucking too much power or something and killing the fuse? Anyone run into this before?
Thanks.

Fuse F112 should be a 7A SLOW BLOW fuse. Could you have the wrong type of fuse installed? an 8A standard fuse won't work here.

#3 6 years ago

Yep I got the 7amp fuse in f112.

It is the universal power interface assembly (The box with the power switch) that has an 8amp fast blow fuse on it that keeps burning out.

I may have had a 5amp slow blow in f112 by mistake? But that wouldn't cause the 8amp main power fuse to blow would it?

#4 6 years ago

Sounds to me like a bridge is going bad.

"Fuse F111 or F112 or the Main Power fuse blows.
The BR3 or BR4 bridge(s) are defective. Another cause is a shorted flashlamp socket or a shorted coil. A defective relay or motor will also cause this. Note: if F111 or F112 blows more than once there is probably damage on the power driver board. Either of those fuses will blow first, but also the game's main power fuse can blow too (which may not happen until the coin door is closed). "

#5 6 years ago

So I have it actually working now. The only problem is the flippers are lame. The error dot came on the flippers. So I did the solenoid test...the flippers go but don't hold.

#6 6 years ago

ok i just totally royally f'd it up...i was just checking all the ribbons and resetting them and the sound assembloy board P1 connector ribbon pins just broke off.

I obviously need this fixed. The part is like 4 bucks but anyone know who can replace these things??

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from blackjack33:

who can replace these things??

Chrishibler and Borygard post on Pinside. Contact them.

LTG : )

2 weeks later
#8 6 years ago

Ok. I got it fixed. It was the bridge rectifiers on the flip board..like you said.. Thanks.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
7,495 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Plantsville, CT
$ 22.50
Electronics
bdash's bits

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Clovis, NM
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
Machine - For Sale
Elkhart, IN
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Boards
Slap Save Creations

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebuild-driver-boards and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.