(Topic ID: 203416)

Rebooting collection: Pick 2: SW, TWD, GOT, AS, MET, ?

By lowepg

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

QUEyQUM0NkJGRDdEMkYxNDcwMjM6MDA4MTBhNzc5MGFkYmY1OWYzY2ZmYzczMTJkNTljMjc6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
QUEyQUM0NkJGRDdEMkYxNDcwMjM6MDA4MTBhNzc5MGFkYmY1OWYzY2ZmYzczMTJkNTljMjc6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
KISS LE (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-23-19-50-33 (resized).png
STERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpg
KISS LE side art (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#41 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thanks.... I see TWD in many of the combos.
OK to get a TWD Pro?
(Never had a "pro" before... my last Stern was a ACDC Prem)

Pros all the way around to be honest. Lots of people swear by TWD PREM but the pro does play smoother and I prefer it. So ya, go TWD pro - I find it more fun too, less cheap drains, smoother gameplay.

As for your poll. I'd go TWD/GOT (both pros).

My first instinct though was TWD/SW, but both games are a work out. GOT supplements the fun factor next to the TWD. As for Metallica, it really is a good fun game but can burn out quickly in a small lineup - it gets too repetitious and a bit of a grind. Love playing one game on it though when I have the chance, but that's all that's really needed on that game, one game and move on.

AS PRO would also be a good fit next to TWD instead of GOT as it fills that fun factor moment. I still find GOT better though for a small collection as it has fast gameplay with lots of different strategies and ways to tackle the game. GOT lacks in art + dmd of all the choices so something to consider if that matters to you.

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thanks for the pro vs Prem/LE feedback.
My budget would probably NOT make 2 premiums work.
I could Probably do
1 LE
Or
2 Pro
Or stretch the budget a bit and
1 Pro + 1 Prem.

Go 2 pros. Don't listen to owners protecting their purchase. Pro is the way to go with stern. Anything over $5500, go JJP or CGC.

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Met LE (Prem) cuz I legit love all the extra features, not cuz I'm protecting anything. The spinners & snake jaw are true functional extras, and I love the hammer slam, coffin lock, rising cross, multi-color GI effects, and multi-color insert cues. All of the things really put so much more life into the game. The Pro just seems so much more "plain".

While those aesthetics are real cool; if you out had no pins, would you get a METLE as your only pin or a MET PRO + other stern pro?

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

OK, narrowed pool to TWD, GOT and SW.
Not dissing other choices, but this "short list" is based on my own irrational like/dislike of themes.
So- within that narrow pool:
Pro/Prem?
The only one I have a strong opinion on is GOT as I've played the premium and dont love the UPF.

TWD PRO with either GOT PRO or SW PRO.

GOT vs SW: I think this comes down to theme.

- Both have interesting multiplier rules, I prefer GOTs multiplier rules over SW. SW multiplier is more of a work out comparatively speaking.

- GOT has a shady shady video mode that you never have to play and doesn’t impact play so really no big deal. SW has a video mode that from what I understand you have to play so get used to it.

- SW looks better and has the new display. GOT is ugly as F* and it’s dmd isn’t all that, though color dmd would vastly improve it if it ever gets done.

- GOT shoots better coupled with its multiplier rules is probably the best and fastest flowing game ever.

- GOT has better custom call outs.

- rules are similar in both but SW offers more and appears to be getting more code love than GOT has ever had or will ever have. GOT suffers with minor bugs and polish.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 29.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Slap Save Creations

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 25.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
WilliPinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebooting-collection-pick-2-sw-twd-got-as-met?tu=Eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.