(Topic ID: 203416)

Rebooting collection: Pick 2: SW, TWD, GOT, AS, MET, ?

By lowepg

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 56 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Shoot_Again
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

QUEyQUM0NkJGRDdEMkYxNDcwMjM6MDA4MTBhNzc5MGFkYmY1OWYzY2ZmYzczMTJkNTljMjc6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
QUEyQUM0NkJGRDdEMkYxNDcwMjM6MDA4MTBhNzc5MGFkYmY1OWYzY2ZmYzczMTJkNTljMjc6Ojo6OjA= (resized).jpg
KISS LE (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2017-11-23-19-50-33 (resized).png
STERN STERWARS MODS (resized).jpg
KISS LE side art (resized).jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Go 2 pros. Don't listen to owners protecting their purchase. Pro is the way to go with stern. Anything over $5500, go JJP or CGC.

I love Met LE (Prem) cuz I legit love all the extra features, not cuz I'm protecting anything. The spinners & snake jaw are true functional extras, and I love the hammer slam, coffin lock, rising cross, multi-color GI effects, and multi-color insert cues. All of the things really put so much more life into the game. The Pro just seems so much more "plain".

#52 1 year ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I love Met LE (Prem) cuz I legit love all the extra features, not cuz I'm protecting anything. The spinners & snake jaw are true functional extras, and I love the hammer slam, coffin lock, rising cross, multi-color GI effects, and multi-color insert cues. All of the things really put so much more life into the game. The Pro just seems so much more "plain".

While those aesthetics are real cool; if you out had no pins, would you get a METLE as your only pin or a MET PRO + other stern pro?

#53 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

While those aesthetics are real cool; if you out had no pins, would you get a METLE as your only pin or a MET PRO + other stern pro?

Why not Met LE and another Stern Pro?

#54 1 year ago

SIGH

Pro schmo. Go complete features (Premium) and enjoy the game fully at home.

#55 1 year ago

MET + TWD

#57 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Thanks for the pro vs Prem/LE feedback.
My budget would probably NOT make 2 premiums work.
I could Probably do
1 LE
Or
2 Pro
Or stretch the budget a bit and
1 Pro + 1 Prem.

On these titles none of the prem/LE's are worth it IMO, or in the case of TWD and GOT, the pros are actually better games.

#58 1 year ago

Pro vs Premium-

I generally dislike upper/mini playfields- which tend to be features on Premiums. Exception being ACDC- where the lower playfield didn't detract at all from gameplay- IMO.

I also like the light show that comes with RGB lighting- this tends to be more of a premium feature....

Sigh... decisions decisions!

#59 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pro vs Premium-
I generally dislike upper/mini playfields- which tend to be features on Premiums. Exception being ACDC- where the lower playfield didn't detract at all from gameplay- IMO.
I also like the light show that comes with RGB lighting- this tends to be more of a premium feature....

Met Prem/LE has my favorite GI color light show ever. Well, once I play TNA that might overtake it....

#60 1 year ago

Met & GoT.. both pro models. GoT gameplay really grows on you & Met is just flat out spectacular

#61 1 year ago

MET and TWD are the best newer Sterns in my opinion. I own both and had my Met for sale about a month ago and only got a few trade offers . I decided to keep it and glad i did.

#62 1 year ago

I vote met and twd.

#63 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pro vs Premium-

SW Pro has all that RGB insert as the SW Premium and the LE
SW Pro also has all the choreographed GI lighting as the SW Premium and the LE
You like music pinball theme . You like RGB inserts . You Like choreographed GI . Want Candy apple Red Armor. Answer?
Kiss LE . There are (two) pinsiders in NC. that own KISS Prem/LE and (four) in TN. Send them a PM ask if they would sell KISS Prem/LE . I did that in Colorado and within one week KISS LE HOU in my house.Boom you will be having a blast .

KISS LE (resized).jpg

#64 1 year ago

Heya Lowpeg.
I live right down the road from you, have TWD prem and MET pro in my collection. Should you ever want to get a few hours on them while having beers - get in touch

#65 1 year ago

SW pro & Kiss LE

#66 1 year ago

Mustang Premium/LE

Just sayin'.

#67 1 year ago

OK, narrowed pool to TWD, GOT and SW.
Not dissing other choices, but this "short list" is based on my own irrational like/dislike of themes.

So- within that narrow pool:
Pro/Prem?

The only one I have a strong opinion on is GOT as I've played the premium and dont love the UPF.

#68 1 year ago

I'm surprised you cut Met loose as most people seemed to have it in their picks. To each their own. My pick would be:

Met Pro and GOT Pro with TWD slightly behind GOT.

I'm actually looking to add a GOT pro at this time.

#69 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

For me this is easy with TWD & SW.

With GOT & SW sharing a very similar scoring structure you'd get more diversity with TWD & SW.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Not dissing other choices, but this "short list" is based on my own irrational like/dislike of themes.
Pro/Prem?
The only one I have a strong opinion on is GOT as I've played the premium and dont love the UPF.

TWD PRO with either GOT PRO or SW PRO.

GOT vs SW: I think this comes down to theme.

- Both have interesting multiplier rules, I prefer GOTs multiplier rules over SW. SW multiplier is more of a work out comparatively speaking.

- GOT has a shady shady video mode that you never have to play and doesn’t impact play so really no big deal. SW has a video mode that from what I understand you have to play so get used to it.

- SW looks better and has the new display. GOT is ugly as F* and it’s dmd isn’t all that, though color dmd would vastly improve it if it ever gets done.

- GOT shoots better coupled with its multiplier rules is probably the best and fastest flowing game ever.

- GOT has better custom call outs.

- rules are similar in both but SW offers more and appears to be getting more code love than GOT has ever had or will ever have. GOT suffers with minor bugs and polish.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

TWD PRO with either GOT PRO or SW PRO.
GOT vs SW: I think this comes down to theme.
- Both have interesting multiplier rules, I prefer GOTs multiplier rules over SW. SW multiplier is more of a work out comparatively speaking.
- GOT has a shady shady video mode that you never have to play and doesn’t impact play so really no big deal. SW has a video mode that from what I understand you have to play so get used to it.
- SW looks better and has the new display. GOT is ugly as F* and it’s dmd isn’t all that, though color dmd would vastly improve it if it ever gets done.
- GOT shoots better coupled with its multiplier rules is probably the best and fastest flowing game ever.
- GOT has better custom call outs.
- rules are similar in both but SW offers more and appears to be getting more code love than GOT has ever had or will ever have. GOT suffers with minor bugs and polish.

I love this rundown- it absolutely helps!

I guess I had kept GOT in mostly because I absolutely LOVE the theme, with SW a close 2nd. It still kills me that they didn't make GOT the first LCD title.... I would rather JJP done the theme than have them "phone it in"

(TWD is a distant 3rd - theme-wise- .... getting more and more distant with the shitty pacing the last 1.5 seasons)

So, feels like TWD and SW.... and I like the TWD Pro (played it) - I HAVENT seen/played SW Pro tho... so the Pro/Prem is question still.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I HAVENT seen/played SW Pro tho... so the Pro/Prem is question still.

I think that's a question only playing it will answer. I have the pro and see no need to have the loop in the prem but lots of people love it.
The main issue I would think is it seems to make a shot more difficult, if it wasn't for that and you have enough monies I would just say go Prem.

#73 1 year ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pro/Prem?

Since those are the three pins I narrowed it down to in my earlier thread post, here's my continued feedback.

I definitely recommend TWD LE/Premium; it's worth it for the upgrades and game play differences. It's rated significantly higher on the top rating lists and won game of the year in 2015. http://gameroomblog.com/reviews/2015-pinball-machine-of-the-year
I've played both the Pro and the LE/Prem (the Pro is easy to find on route) and as I mentioned earlier, "the LE/Prem is one of the most feature rich upgraded LE/Premium models ever made. It has it all for upgrades; art, PF changes and toys, GI and lighting, and even coding. A wicked cool combination." The bicycle girl mode in the Prem/LE is excellent with great callouts and animations, and it looks spectacular when you are throwing your balls in bicycle girl's face with Gnassel's mod (2 color interactive to the shot). The mode also is well integrated into the code with the rest of the modes and progression. The crossbow is fun as well, with great integration, animations, progression.

GOT and SW are similar and it comes down to wants and theme as I mentioned earlier. GOT has more toys on the PF with ball interaction. SW has the LCD as well as better lighting on the pro.

#74 1 year ago

As you make your decision, remember that there are a few must have mods for TWD Premium if you go that route.

The Bicycle Girl Lighting Kit is a must have IMO. Without the kit, the bash toy area is just too dark
Stern provided a fix for the ramp's metal flap from scarring your playfield. It's basically two small foam pieces, but the difference is amazing. Must have IMO.
Stern also provided a plastic that helps prevent air balls from leaving the left ramp. Must Have IMO.

Based on your final three, I think TWD (Pro or premium) should make the top 2. Personally, I think Premium edges the Pro as the walker bombs and the Bicycle Girl ramp are well worth the upgrade.

Personally, I would select Star Wars Pro over GOT Pro/Prem as well as SW Prem. The ramp is awesome, but personally, I do not think it is $1,500 worth of awesome (price difference between pro and premium).

My 0.02

Marcus

#75 1 year ago

GOT Pro and SW Pro . That is a killer mix . TWD music and no call out from any one but a hillbilly stink .I do not now how to use pinball browers nor do I want to mess with it .TWD game is a grind it does not have the " Breath " of play that SW or GOT have . That is my choice .
But If you are set on TWD and SW and one must be a LE or Premium .
SW pro as it shoot better and is less trouble some than the Prem/LE and has all RGB Inserts and changing GI as the SW LE
I guess TWD Prem/LE .
I am in the same boat. trying to decide on multiple pinball purchases . Good luck . Good thread to read and get others thoughts . Peace , Rob Knapp

#76 1 year ago

Addressing SW only, there is no meaningful difference in shots or gameplay between pro and premium. The truly rational decision would be pro.
But... with the playfield so void of toys and you're already paying at least $5,600 it feels like you gotta have the hyperdrive loop just for some bling and so you don't feel quite so ripped off (even though your "ripoff" actually only gets worse by $1,200- $1,500.)

#77 1 year ago
Quoted from jkleinnd:

Addressing SW only, there is no meaningful difference in shots or gameplay between pro and premium. The truly rational decision would be pro.
But... with the playfield so void of toys and you're already paying at least $5,600 it feels like you gotta have the hyperdrive loop just for some bling and so you don't feel quite so ripped off (even though your "ripoff" actually only gets worse by $1,200- $1,500.)

I have never bought a STERN Pro in my life or a Premium ever I am a pinball snob. All STERN LE on till SW . I do not like the Premium Art on translite . I can get a pro translite from Marco for $ 150 . For premium . I do not think the Fork ramp or the Hyperloop Drive are mechanically engineered well . I buy local so I pay sales tax . So SW LE is $3000.00 more than the pro. And the Premium is $2000.00 more .
I love how the SW pro plays I will be adding some cosmetic enhancements . I all so have my sights on other Limited Edition like WOZ or Batman 66 .
SW pro is very tempting .
But for you I think The SWLE may be a good fit jkleinnd if you do not mind to monkey around with some technical issues and are not looking at buying multiple machines as I am . Go for it .

3 weeks later
#78 1 year ago

TWD and MET are both great games!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 199.99
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside