Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by BrianBannon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 days ago

Updated the Guardians at my league location and I’m now stuck in a reboot loop. I got the update successful, remove USB drive and power cycle game message. Pulled the drive and rebooted.

Now it says “Initializing....”. Then goes to “Rebooting game” over and over and over again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 5 days ago

Just in case anyone cares, I formatted and re-copied the game code to the USB drive. I then installed that in the game and booted back to the stick. The display was still going bananas, but I was able to get the code update started again. I left it go until it appeared to be finished and then rebooted the game. It worked correctly.

No clue what was causing the reboot loop and the crazy display, but thankfully, I was able to get it back up and running. The next step would have been to re-flash the SD card with the OS.

#3 5 days ago

Thanks for posting the problem and resolution. This same topic came up in another thread when the update came out late last year. Same thing happened to me when I updated Guardians and had to reinstall again, too. Haven't seen this problem come up with any other Stern game so hoping that it was just some sort of one time issue.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 399.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bristol, TN
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 50.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside