Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (2 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (2 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (2 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (2 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (2 years ago)

Post #965 Message sent about the company status Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #1250 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by deeproot (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oyvindmo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So just out of my own curiosity, are the ramps that have been shown on all the games so far the finished product or just existing prototypes? I was thinking that a batch of new parts might include ramps.

Record (resized).jpg

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Then someone give me an answer about the ramps. It's a very simple question to answer.
I've asked a few times and certainly many others in this thread have been more of a broken record than me. Easy to be labeled a broken record when questions fall on Heighway's deaf ears. Don't go blaming someone who is asking an easy question to answer.

Sorry, but of ALL the things to worry about right now....with the very existence of the company at stake? You're still droning on about the mf'ing ramps. It'd be a funny joke if you were joking.

#167 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Although I only have a $1500 deposit down, I'm still in it for a decent chunk of dough. Frankly the $1500 isn't worth the stress to me. My philosophy when I sent the payment was it was gone, one way or another. I either lost the money to a gamble on a start up, or I bought the right to buy the pin for $1500 less down the road. Either was was fine. So for me, while I am desperately rooting for Heighway to succeed and to have an amazing Alien pin, que sera sera.
For those paid in full, I absolutly understand and agree with those of you on the edge of your seats concerned about what will come of your hard earned cash. Just remember that while the loss of a large sum of money like $10k can really sting, your physical health and mental/emotional well being are worth so much more. Do what you need to, handle your business (ask for refunds, file lawsuits, whatever you feel is the necessary course in your situation) but let it end there and try if you can not to carry the stress of the situation over to the rest of your day.

Spot on.

#257 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'd have to defer to Brian and Joe, but the heart of the system is essentially a Linux-powered off the shelf PC, so I can't imagine in a post-Heighway scenario that there isn't a way to get everything up and running again with new off the shelf hardware.

It would be nice if there were a parts list and/or manual. I'm wondering about those inductive switches. Where are those sourced?

So, new guys, add "parts list/manual" to your to do list...(right after you answer that guys urgent ramp question).

#266 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How's that possible? I know it's been said by someone that Full Throttle is the best engineered pinball in history. So, that isn't the case?

Are you here to just stir shit up? You're coming off sounding a little trollish.

FYI: I haven't had an issue w/my game. I have heard of 1 person with a pc issue of some sort making game unplayable and maybe another couple with some other issues with a switch. If there are 80-100+ games that's not bad. Pinball machines are mechanical and electronic with a steel ball flying around at high speed. Shit will break on every single machine eventually.

A legitimate, non-troll baiting question that has been asked already is about sourcing of parts if things do break.

#296 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

The next few pages of that thread are complaints about failures, errors and lack of customer support for Full Throttle.

That's horseshit and a misrepresentation. There are a handful of people that for the most part have normal everyday pinball issues and were looking for answers. Many found those answers, some did not--especially lately. The person with the cpu problem is probably pissed to be sure.

Quoted from PoMC:

I've tried to play FT at shows and in a private home and they've been broken every time with one owner again complaining that he's waiting to hear from HWP to get it fixed.

That sounds like a lie, but if it's not you've had some bad luck I guess.

I've had the game a year and the only issue I had was a plunger tip that broke. Other than that, it all works. I updated the software when they released an update...all normal pinball stuff. I've talked to tech support via email a few times with questions and they always got back fast.

It's OBVIOUS to everyone now that they started having response issues recently and anybody that needed customer service was getting ignored. That sucks and it's wrong.

I can speak for my game and my game only. It's built like a tank. It plays GREAT. It's the fastest game I own. The playfield is beautiful, the side art lit up is awesome. I love it. I was looking forward to swapping in many titles in the future. Hopefully that will still happen. If it doesn't I'll be as bummed as anyone.

You are on some sort of vendetta I guess? Do you have fun kicking someone when they are down? As far as I can tell you have ZERO skin in this game and are only on this thread to be negative, no offense

Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!

PS It's just pinball...it's supposed to be fun. Don't be a fun sucker, fun suckers suck.

#311 2 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

wickerman you are living in cloud coo coo land the last 3 aliens that have shipped

Chris-Please re-read my post, it talked about my Full Throttle game. Not Alien. As for a Full Throttle at a show you went to that didn't work that one time...sorry. If every single Full Throttle was dead or riddled with problems I am certain pinside would highlight it. I haven't seen that and I follow the game since I own it, play it, like it. Currently having no problems and haven't had any problems. I mentioned the few that I have heard of and their issues and the lack of service they were getting due to the current situation. Maybe I am "coo coo" though...maybe just lucky. Who knows? I am hoping the company reboot gets things going. I have no idea what you are hoping happens.

#433 2 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Not trying to defend heighway or anything but I can attest that our Full Throttle at The Sanctum works very well. Gets played hard every week. Flippers are pushing 4 million flips each side. We had a computer issue early on and was replaced and has been very strong since. We have full throttle #2 off the line. Never a mechanical or switch issue or lighting issue yet. Only problem is a bug in the code where it locks up once and a great while. A quick reboot and it's fine again. I wouldn't say full throttles never worked.
-Jim

Full Throttle is being re-invented as a train wreck in this mess of a thread. Mine has been flawless which proves their model worked when they had their shit together. Hopefully that bodes well for the re-boot. If the bones of Alien are as solid as Full Throttle it shouldn't take a lot to finish it...then they just have the issue of pumping them out.

It'd be nice to hear more details of how they plan to do this going forward so we can get this thread back on track. Perhaps you guys could have your personal fights in a dedicated thread?

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

I'm skipping through this whole thread. Here I thought the other Alien thread was full of pointless banter about nothing, but this one is on a whole different level.

This rebirth thread needs to be aborted...we need a re-rebirth once there is some factual info from the new mgmt. This thread is pointless as is...red meat for already angry people. Bickering about how people rate games for christsakes. Re-relitigating everything for the past 4 years trying to blame someone.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

Paid in full since Mar '17 and no email yet as well. Toad, can you share the text/ email message if it is applicable to the rest of us?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-refund-from-patient-supporter-to-angry-x-customer

Check here

#609 2 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Just wanted to let you all know that I also got the mail from the new Heighway. I did not request a refund

I got the email and I didn't even order an Alien!

Also, I don't think anyone has their head in the sand or up their ass at this point. I think the cautious optimism and wait and see approach seems reasonable given that these guys just poured a couple (few?) million in to this with the goal of polishing and delivering Alien and hopefully moving company forward. The words of confidence from the actual employees with direct knowledge of the project go a long way as well. This is not their first title. The game is 90%(?) done. This shouldn't be THAT hard.

I'm thinking, if you live under a rock and had ordered Alien to put under your rock, and you didn't obsessively follow all things in the pinball nerdiverse, later this year you'd get your game and think "man, that took forever".

#631 2 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

If these investors have all the accolades of financial genius as stated, have them use their own money to fix this mess.

You can get a refund and wait for an in-hand 100% working game and pay slightly more(do we know how much yet?). You can stay "in" and pay the same price potentially risking your money I guess if the company suffers 2 catastrophic collapses in a row which is hopefully unlikely.

As consumers you have to take personal responsibility at some point. These are the problems of the 99%'ers. Worrying about lost pinball dollars. Check the news on any given day, could be worse!!!

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from stoptap:

Where do you get the couple (few) million figure from ? I haven't heard anything about financial details. Have I missed it ?

Someone mentioned 500,000 each but I'm sure it's a guess as is mine--pulled straight out of thin air. I don't think the official financials are available yet. My main point being they dumped money in to try and save the company, it's not a fire sale take over bankruptcy type situation. Everything on here is a guess until they put out something solid.

#657 2 years ago

Unless the lawyers involved for both sides post here, I'm going to go ahead and be skeptical of who is liable, who has the license blah blah. Nobody here knows. Period.

#660 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually, we know who is liable: Heighway Pinball (the company). Period.
Even if they change their name.

AGAIN. If the legal documents are written in such a way that makes that the case, yes, if they are written in another manner, no. Let's not speak in absolutes with lawyers involved. Especially if A. You aren't a lawyer and B. you aren't the friggin lawyer involved in the agreement. In other words, saying you know X about the agreement in this thread means jackshit. You are free to continue acting like you know rob, that's fine. It may very well turn out to be the case. BUT, actual fact is you don't know.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not jumping in to your discussion but RobT is a practicing attorney with a litigation based practice.

read the post again captain " OR B. you aren't the friggin lawyer involved in the agreement. ". If he is not involved, he does not know. What he says MAY turn out to be true. BUT, like every goddamn lawyer he acts like he knows for sure!

PS Let's take bits of every post out of context and play gotcha!! It's fun. Christ this thread is a downer.

#675 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

usually able to extrapolate the data

How in the wide world of sports do you "extrapolate" from the "data"??? We have no data!! This is speculation on a forum...nobody has seen anything. Some guys are bailing them out and taking them over...maybe...or something like that...or something completely different for all we know.

FYI: Every case in every courtroom has a lawyer on each side that thinks the other one is full of shit! I just went through a year of dealing with those blood-suckers!

#677 2 years ago

I take back the chief. I would like to substitute "Captain".

#755 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

just some underestimation on what things cost

If he hadn't revised the game 10 times, costs might have been more in check. Stern, "Here's the new game, buy it." "Here's our next game, buy it." Perfection and pleasing everyone is great but not great for a new pinball company. Full Throttle had little to no input for changes etc. that I know of and they seemed to crank that out and sell it, no issues.

Andrew was a genuine nice guy and helpful in my interactions with him. Wish him well. Has to be a bummer.

#762 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

They were far from cranking then out and them not making any changes stemmed from noone caring over there.
There are many things that need to be addressed with Full Throttle. I for one shared all my concerns with them over there years. No shits were given.

No changes to Full Throttle is from them "not caring"? I disagree but whatever. I had the opposite experience but I have had my game over a year. More recent interactions obviously suffered. I emailed helmut 3 or 4 times with questions and heard back in a day. Have had virtually zero problems with my game. I guess there's a lemon in every batch...check the Stern threads! Maybe you got the short straw on this one.

#769 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Where should I begin.....
Im at the pool with the family, typing and swiping on the cell phone. List short and definitely incomplete.
Lighting is too dark, ad more spots and lighting. This game looks terrible next to the competition. It is too dark stock.
Left GP bike. The hinge bolt does not match the hinge hole. Over time it wears, then seizes and locks and stopps working.
GP bike jump is too short, modified mechanism in order to allow the bike to wheelie, not just bounce
Buy Loctite and hand it out at the assembly line. When my Full Throttle was still working and mind me, it has been bricked and useless for over half a year now, the following simply feel apart:
Both flippers came off and fell into the cabinet
One of the platform screen mounting screws feel off
One pop fell apart
One LE wire came undone from the driver
The sound amplifier is unfit, it fell apart at the clamps and I replaced it out of pocket
The coin door controls came loose
Do not use foam in order to adjust height of the platfield screen. The foam loses its bounce, sets and then your screen pops up. If you do not catch that you will start having airballs and chipped screen
Adjust the wheels at the factory. Is that too much to ask
Had to adjust sensitivity on all three pops. Out if the box one of them fired 80% of the time, the other two hardly registered. Quality control
Two target at ramps create airballs. One so bad that your pinballs hit the platfield glass HARD
Software crashes at times when I open coin door
Shaker not implemented
Skillshot is terrible. Add a real narrow center spot that gives you added reward. Think some of the swing mechanics in Golf video games
Pops are way too weak and underwhelming
Same for flippers and slings. The setup is wimpy in comparison. I thought I had bought a racing game. This is powerless.
Implementation of the main toy, your rival drivers bust, is lackluster
But the worst is that I was not able to play in ages and that I have a 230 lbs brick of a Full Throttle LE right now

Why did you buy it? If this was new, you got a lemon. A couple people have these routed and have never reported any of the issues you list. It sounds like you hate the game and are just plain bitter and angry at the company which I guess is understandable given your issues. Did you see the game or a game video before you bought it? ?

Here is my list: The plunger tip broke. Otherwise love it. Oh--the shaker is not implemented, I agree on that one. They are/were on it according to the programmer though.

#795 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

You can thank that POS Andrew Heighway for that. The seller of pinball illusions......

just a "bit" dramatic. Check the news man. If this is your biggest problem you're golden pony boy.

#800 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You've got to be kidding. He shouldn't have to do any of that... that's nuts.

Right...sounds easy, and surely you wouldn't screw anything up!

#807 2 years ago
Quoted from Homepin:

The exception certainly not the rule.

Windows 7 all the way!! I have 1 that is 4 years old and the other is 7 years old! Still going strong!

PS Aren't computers as easily worked on by techs as anything else? The Geek Squad can add pinball repair!

#910 2 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

The SSD holds both sets of game code and you can switch between them with a simple menu change.

Nice! Thanks for the update. Now we just need the company to actually exist and start functioning again to get these guys with issues back up and running. I'm in for an Alien kit/PC upgrade as soon as the "new guys" show they are delivering products.

#942 2 years ago

It's been 12 days since the "new" guys were forced to announce here before the legal stuff was even taken care of...I'd start the clock a week ago and keep emailing the new guys.

#965 2 years ago

Hello Heighway Pinball Fans,

We here at Heighway Pinball are hard at work to get the production of the hottest pinball of 2017 out to our passionate fans as soon as possible. To this end we have been diligently streamlining the process here, ordering and refining the parts that we need to deliver games to our customers as soon as we possibly can and to the highest standards.

We have also being taking part in restructuring our offices to get the most efficient performance from our staff so they can deliver a high quality service to our fans around the World. This process will continue in the coming weeks to get us ready for the push of full production.

Due to the transition phase that is underway we are there have been delays these are due to the fact that we are transferring money into the business from our accounts in Europe directly into the accounts of Heighway Pinball in the UK. The delay is due to the amount of money that is being transferred internationally and the associated bureaucracy that accompanies transactions of this nature. We ask you to please be patient with this process as we are doing all that we can to get this matter settled once and for all.

We are aiming to achieve a large amount of machines being shipped from our factory to customers in the coming months. This is a huge undertaking but we are up to the challenge of meeting this goal and getting machines into the hands of customers.

Please stay tuned in the coming weeks for more updates of the state of production at Heighway Pinball. We thank you for support and commitment to our company and hope that we can reciprocate with the delivery of the Hottest Pinball of 2017 Alien.

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

From Andrew Heighway 6 months ago in the Alien thread

oooooooh...GOTCHA!

#975 2 years ago

most international financiers spend their days on pinside....very common

#1018 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

The game is an absolute disaster right now.

That's a little dramatic. The guys that actually built the game say it's 99% done. The people that actually have the game have spoken to any lingering issues. If you have kept up with things you'd know there are only a couple issues to address as far as the game being 100% done.

? Have you read the thread?

#1020 2 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Kulek said that about Predator. A "popular" poster here backed him up for months. Poof! Money's gone.....

Said what? The game is 99% done? This is a company that has already produced and delivered Full Throttle. I don't think the situation is the same at all. How many Predator's were made and delivered to people? How many games did they produce before Predator?

What are you contending? They have invested a bunch of money to take over this company that currently is bringing in ZERO money because nobody is buying the game, they are waiting for the game...what would be their scam? They are tricking everyone in to not asking for refunds so they can lose a little less money?

Please explain in detail how they are scamming because it sounds like a terrible scam plan.

#1025 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny how the op made one post in this thread and then abandoned ship.

Good. Hopefully means they are getting shit done instead of wasting time on the internet!

#1041 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Full throttle flat out doesn't work.

lol. I have 1 fully working in my basement. Swing by if you are in Denver. We can place a wager on it if you like

"game over dude."

#1053 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Kobayashi Maru

nerd alert!

#1059 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

not much to remember from the new ones.

I remember lens flare, lots and lots of dramatic lens flare. They were fun while I watched them though.

#1068 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

hp_investor started this thread 20 days ago.

which was 2 weeks ahead of when they actually took the company...they dropped in to stop the pinside freakout

#1071 2 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I'm surprised they haven't chimed in to their own thread

I hope they stay off pinside and just work. They have emailed me with updates since I am a customer. That's good enough on my end. This place creates unnecessary turmoil.

#1096 2 years ago

We are happy to announce that we are in the final stages of the transition to our new ownership and management. This means we can start the process of refunding our customers, who have requested refunds. We will begin this process early next week. Affected customers will be contacted accordingly. Completing the transition will also mean that the new management will be in control of the official web page, Facebook and other communication channels, allowing for official announcements to be made.

Parts keep being ordered in large amounts to prepare for the step up in production. We will keep you updated on progress. The production schedule is coming together and will be finalized shortly for the first batch of games. Everybody wants to know their position in line and all we can say, for the time being, is that we are hard at work finding out and hope to be able to tell you soon.

We are also working hard to reach out to people with existing games that are experiencing trouble. We want to get those problems solved as quickly as possible. If you know of someone in that situation, that has not been in contact with us yet, please ask them to get in touch. They can send an e-mail to support@heighwaypinball.com or contact us directly on +44 (0)1495 305634

Thank you all for your time and we will be in contact next week with another update from Heighway Pinball.

#1101 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Or is it a facebook post?

email

Quoted from JeffF:

"Working hard to reach out"? I guess that means they'll let someone relay the message they sent to a select number of people?

just got it....I'm glad they are staying as far away from pinside as possible. They can't win here, too toxic with all the bad feelings. No news, jump down their throats, news, jump down their throats.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

#1111 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

These pinball charlatans will close shop soon enough. Please stop talking like they will produce any pinbal machines going forward. Right now you should expect their failure. That's the track record.

At it again!!! I love your act! That thread you did slamming Spooky was hilarious....unless you were serious, then it was idiocy.

2 weeks later
#1139 2 years ago

"Hello Heighway Pinball Fans and a Happy Independence day to our American friends

We are pleased to provide our latest update.

We thank you for the new orders. They are very appreciated.

The new Management continues to work with the factory to prepare to ship Alien machines in July. This is our TOP priority. We have made huge progress in the transition in the last 10 days, much of it behind the scenes, and there is much still to do but plans are clear and new processes are bearing fruit.

Our main focus has been to order the parts to make the ordered machines, refine the machine with the US and Welsh based designers and work to take control of the financial aspects of dealing with suppliers and customers around the globe. While all of our newly invested funds are in the UK, banks and payments systems require careful checks and this aspect has been more time consuming than we would like. Refunding customers that need it will pick up in the coming days.

The production schedule draft has also progressed and is close to being finalised. We will contact you individually on this but we do not want to over promise and under deliver.

We are also working to update the website.

We thank you, our customers (and potential customers) for your patience and thank all our staff, contractors, distributors and suppliers for your hard work in enabling the turn around. We have much more to do but are encouraged.

Thank you all for your time and we will be in contact next week with another update from Heighway Pinball."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
5,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
$ 279.95
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
16,000 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Middleborough, MA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wickerman2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside