Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 69 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (2 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (2 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (2 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (2 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (2 years ago)

Post #965 Message sent about the company status Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #1250 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by deeproot (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oyvindmo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

whysnow try's to do.

what exactly is it that i try to do? I would like to know...

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

That distant whirring sound is the backpedalling Whysnow is currently doing

what are you talkin bout willis?

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I dunno ... just try and be a spokesperson, chearleader type...

be enthusiastic about pin, sure... guilty as charged. Outspoken and opinionated, yup. That is part of the fun. If we were all just lurkers, then it would be pretty boring around here.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you are tired of it. Best part about the user interface is the ability to create your own experience.

I personally think this is all GREAT news. Aliens is an AWESOME game! Seriously, like one of the best ever made. New life being put into this is a good thing!

I hope step #1 is refund anyone that wants their money.

I hope step #2 is get all games fixed with full production parts that need it.

#3 is start pumping out full production games at a reasonable rate

#195 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

It ain't fun losing thousands of dollars. Hundred+ people got roasted the last time you had "fun" and it looks like this one came awfully close to following the same path.
Protip: don't cheerlead a project unless you KNOW what you're talking about. That's what Willis is talkin

I cant help it a bunch of grown men cant learn and think for themselves after being burned or seeing others burned by multiple flake companies. I'm not going to stop liking pinball and being supportive of it, just because people dont know how to be responsible on their own.

You and a few others are jerks that like to continually kick a guy over and over and over again. Yup, I was wrong about Predator and I am sure my personal hype and promotion of it, hurt others financially. I have apologized for that NUMEROUS times, I also lost thousands of dollars, and I now have more money, time , and energy into fighting for the whole thing than anyone except kiethinMI (the lawyer I originally organize and compiled the info for civil suits which are on stay while the bankruptcy proceedings continue with him as special hire by the trustee). See the thing is... I actually learned and grew from this where others did not. Hell of all those that lost out thousands (hundreds of people) ONLY 17 were even willing to sign off and join to bring more damage. i.e. they took ZERO ownership of their decision and instead wanted to just say F it (cool, then no reason to bitch or complain that I convinced them to spend $ or stay in). In other words, take all your mellodrama and shove it. From what I see ONLY 17 people even have the right anymore to be pissed at me; the 16 others that signed up to fight and myself. Pretty sure I have earned back the respect and eased any financial strain by my work in private to get it all rolling and also to pay when needed to keep things moving. If any of the other 16 ever want to be mad at me, then they should reach out. I am happy to take my poundings from those guys... the ones that took ownership and accountability of their own actions.

Everyone in the hobby and on pinside knows about the history of SkitB and Jpop (and TBL) prior to them doing anything on any other game that requires a deposit. You like to thrust blame on me and project, but the reality is that me being supportive of pinball is not the reason ANYONE put money down on Alien. I am just a fan of pinball, new pinball, and great games. I make a conscious decision to not be continually negative and pessimistic like so many of the losers on here and in life that spend more time trying to get others to fail in a hobby/life they claim to love. I will forever be the optimist and supporter and cheerleader for pinball.

If you put anything beyond the minimum required to hold your spot, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
If you put money down on ANY game and you can not afford to light that money on fire, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.
If you were so anxious to get your game earlier that you paid in full, then you have nobody to blame but yourself.

Say it with me now... YOU have nobody to blame but YOURself. Time to grow up for some of you, take some personal accountability in your lives, and make your own choices. If you F up then own it, grow from it, and become a better YOU. If you get it right, then rejoice in your new game and have some fun. Life is WAY too short for me to go through it life some of you do... It is sad and sickening to see some of you that are passionate about pinball (I presume your favorite hobby and thing to spend your free time on based on how much time you are here) spend all that energy constantly negative and rooting for failure of it all.

Protip: Life is better with optimism and nobody likes to hang out with pessimists in real life.

#196 2 years ago

last thing...

I continually told everyone I know that they should wait to buy Aliens till they are shipping in force. Stupid to pay now when you can play one on route and wait for any initial bugs to get worked out.

If they wanted to get in to hold a spot (just could not wait), I encouraged them to only pay their 1k deposit and to pay via paypal backed through credit card. Smart to protect yourself if you are dumb enough to put down a deposit on ANY new game.

#228 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How are those MM's coming along, Wayne? I love how the original grand ambassador of fucked pinball companies is always giving everyone advice.

my thoughts exactly. For People that are new or dont know...

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/ballypinball

This is the original scammer of all pinball companies. How many years ago is it now that he took money and promised delivery of MM to people? He still has funds from some people and no games delivered last I heard.

#350 2 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Whysnow, I would say jumped the line for the promise of a test machine in return to provide audits and pinside PR.

I did not jump any line. We made a deal LONG ago, basically once we got our Full Throttle it was locked down.

I made no agreement for any sort of PR. I actually made a promise to say exactly what I thought of the game; good or bad; just so happens I think it is a great game so it was easy to focus on the positives with it. Agreements were to keep it running well, provide audits, provide code suggestions as I played and got player feedback. On the Heighway side, the agreement was that we get a full production playfield to drop in and swap with out pre-production/prototype pf once any bugs are worked out and things are in full swing (my request was sometime after the first 100 were out the door)

I have to say that I still love playing it and the players seem to also (would be nice if our lights worked 100% of the time and the xeno could be turned on). Aside from lights being intermittent in/out the mechs have held up spectacular. Despite all the issues they have had on the get it done front, the game is solid and has all the makings of an A list hit!

I really hope that this buy out does what is needed to make it all happen and they make the magic happen. They have got a rock star theme, playing, ruleset, and sound package on their hands. If they can clean up the bugs and produce in quantity, then I think people are going to line up to buy it still.

#360 2 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I've kinda wondered about that. You go to the extremes to become a hype man and tend to get your machine before/if anyone else. You have a good track record: Alien, Wooly. Predator didn't work out, but cant win em all.

I am a passionate and out spoken proponent for pretty much all things pinball. You should try being positive once in a while and see what comes of it. I am not sure what is to wonder about anything. I often take the proactive steps to support new pinball, convince my partners to buy in and take risks on buying new games, and then put those games on route for people to beat on and have fun. It is usually pretty easy to convince any manufacturer to send you an early game when you are willing to pay for it, put it on route, give feedback and audits/be a beta=tester/early adopter so they can get good feedback to make improvements prior to full production

My passion is not a ploy or made up like you tend to be. I genuinely love pinball and sharing pinball. If that means a side perk is I get to help pay for and debut new games then that is great. Lots of risk with passion, but all worth it to be able to share new games with the community. Heck, I was on route today and met 2 completely new to me couples while loading in a game and fixing another. Talk about putting a smile on your face when you see not 1, but 2 couples out on a Sunday afternoon enjoying a beer and each others company over some games of pinball! I like to think that their Sunday activities and that experience is all worth dealing with the people like you in the larger community.

You seem to still be uber butt hurt over something but I am not sure what it is all about. Does all this hate stem from when you wanted to scam your way into the MGC afterparty and got called out on it. You did not want to play by the rules then and ever since you have this real pent up teenager type angst against me and many other WI pinheads. I honestly suggest some deep reflection on what has you so tweaked at life and realize that it is only pinball and it is supposed to be fun. Stop looking for some ulterior motive or trying to paint everything with your brown colored glasses and you may just see that pinball and the larger community is made up of some great and passionate people just trying to make it all happen.

Let me know when you want to swing by Madison for some pinball and beers. First round is on me.

side note: we will have some more fun and exciting games to debut early in production runs in the coming months so you may want to time your visit with one of them.

#363 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Says the guy who goes out of his way to rate phenomenal games with absolute dogshit numbers. Hilton - the "H" stands for HYPOCRISY.

sorry I dont like the same games as you bub.

I know you are hurt that I dont like Family Guy, but what can I say it is just not for me. I know we are all supposed to have the same opinions on games as the all mighty RareHero, but I guess I missed that episode.

#365 2 years ago

that had nothing to do with why he was perma banned. The posts are still there (albeit edited or some deleted) and occurred months later The reason for being permabanned relatd to this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/168#post-3401181

They appear edited/missing the core of the content that was out of line. I just point this out because I dont think any Pinside staff were trying to protect or hide anything. They were banning for other and appropriate reasons so no need to rewrite the narrative.

#368 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I've said it before: Anybody that gives ANY pinball game a 1 simply doesn't like pinball.
Worst f**king game ever for me, I'd be hard pressed to go below a 3 or 4.

is this really where you guys are going again, lol.

We get it... you dont like MY rating system.

my.pdf

#370 2 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Even games I don't like end up getting higher ratings than a 1.

lol, sure they do RareHypocrite

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/rarehero/ratings

rarehypocrite.pdf

#397 2 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

Moved to Whysnow Ratings subforum!
... more seriously: try to keep the thread on topic, please.

lol!

Would be awesome if there was an actual subforum for that! Then all the whiny babies that don't understand someone can have a different opinion on a game than them can go bitch to each other in one place.

I have wrote up many times why Mehtallica is one of the crappiest games ever IMHO, but they just cant grasp the idea that someone does not like their favorite title. I really did think some of these guys thumbs upping were a bit more intelligent and could #1 figure out that game opinions are entirely personal in nature and #2 that a ratings scale from 1 to 10 SHOULD actually use the entire scale. LOL, seriously... if Robin only wanted crappy games to be rated a 3 then he would have used a scale form 3-10. Damn geniuses I tell you.

these are the same people that rate everything a 3 out of 5 stars, expect teachers to only hand out As and Bs to their kids, and give green ribbons in track just for running the race. Some games just plain suck; those games get a 1.

#403 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Opinions are just fine.
It is when opinions are stated as facts that are then defended again and again. That is the issue.

the issue is that this is an online message board and ratings are inherently opinions...

#408 2 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can rate games however you feel. That's why they are your ratings. The issue that most people take is that you go out of your way to have some strange awkward involvement in any new pinball company that you can. It's like you are obsessed with being a part of it. You then rate all of these games that these companies let you in on as a 10 and go around gushing about them being the next coming of pinball. Games from manufacturers that don't give you this treatment then get rated 1's or really low and you chalk it up to your own personal rating system of what you like. In the end it doesn't seem to have anything to do with gameplay. I mean, seriously, it couldn't if you look at some of your ratings. It's about who lets you in and a part of something.
It doesn't matter to me. If that's what makes you happy by all means go for it. But that is why you get push back and are not always received that well on pinside. Not that any of this matters in the real world.

you are completely off base. I have games form every manufacturer rated as a 9 or higher. I rate high what I like. It has zero causation for what games we put on route. Hell, we had had a few games I rate as 1s on route before as I understand that just because I dislike them does not have any bearing on if others like them or not.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

And all this has exactly *what* to do with HP? You've been asked once already guys, take it somewhere else.

it has to do with HP as some of these guys are trying to infer I was paid off by Heighway to talk highly of the game. The fact is that i rate games based 100% on my opinion of them and what I like. It sure seems in hindsight that HP was pushing for jumping the line for people to pay in full but that is not the case at all with the game we got. We put in for it early on, worked out a deal and I was very clear that they were taking on risk by putting one in my hands early on. They knew I would say the truth if I thought it was a turd.

Worth note that I have not even rated Alien yet as the complete game is not done so I have not taken the time to do the full rating.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

And therefore........ It's a shill

Lets bring this back to reality... Wcbrandes is the guy that schilled legitimately the hell out of Jpop. He was an "investor" to "attempt" the get the game done. Because of him, many people opted not to take legal action, bought in or stayed in for raza/aiw, and thise people are out thousands still while he walked away with multiple Magic Girls for his efforts. If anyone is a schill, it is him... the guy that actually got something for backing a company and was paid out for doing so. He continually tries to deflect from this reality.

#411 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just looking at the machines and you know they used lower quality pre-production parts to complete them. Then playing the game and watching others play and you can see the game doesn't work as intended.
Magic Girl and the existing Alien pins are very similar - they look pretty but do not work 100%.
Magic Girl has mechs that just don't work and so does Alien.
Magic Girl was cobbled together just to be shipped and so were the Alien pins.
Magic Girl owners do not have customer support and neither do Alien owners.
Magic Girl buyers actually received a machine at least. Time will tell if Alien buyers will.

MG was 21? prototype games which were essentially whitewoods with art applied. Multiple mechs left out or half made and nothing works as they currently sit. Cobbled together to avoid lawsuit seems appropriate to say in this case.

Alien is currently 20 something games which are early production or beta units. Call them whatever you want, but basically just shy of full production. It seems the only differences in the first 20 games are the light boards and xeno mechs.

The games all work in the essential function as all mechs (aside from xeno which appears to be varying degrees of working or not existing) From the owners I have spoken with, intermittent insert lights, xeno, and in 1 case a bad pf screen are the only issues I have heard of. All owners can play the game and all shots and mechs work fine. The code is already solid and just some bugs and polish to work out it appears.

Customer support has been great for some/many originally, but it sounds like not existentant in the past few weeks.

Alien seems purposefully built with these beta units and a controlled process of working out the bugs adjustments to be set for the full production run.

I will say it appears every owner knew what they were getting and old HP team talked with them directly about state of game before they took delivery.

#412 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Ok, if you really want to talk about it Whysnow, YOU are the problem with pinside. Yourself and others like you.
Your constant brigading of companies, seemingly as an attempt to get into their good books lulls people in a false sense of security and causes them to lose money. If any negative news comes out, you are one of the first to defend it, completely blindly in some cases. You are completely ignorant of anyone but yourself and image, as shown by your attempts to tenuously link the tripe you are currently babbling on about to the topic at hand.
Seriously, give it a rest. Go play your Alien.

I appreciate your opinion even if I disagree with it. I suggest that nobody pre-order any game unless you understand the risks when putting down even a small deposit. Maybe this needs to be a tagline for me.

'The opinions in this post are just opinions. Dont get too worked up about it; it is only pinball. Dont pre-order pinball machines if you cant handle the risks. There are inherent risks in supporting boutique pinball manufacturers. Do your own reasearch and take accountability for your own actions. If you are looking to place blame for your bad choices then look in the mirror"

#419 2 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

princessbride4 (resized).jpg

#425 2 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You make it sound like all this was part of Andrews' mater plan.

I thought it was. That was my understanding.

I saw the plan as get the pre-production units out to beta testers, make adjustments (light boards and mutiple xeno revisions?), and then build the first full production run.

Quoted from SunKing:

Overall, I am still happy with the game. But to say everything is just perfect - peaches and cream - in the world of Heighway Pinball ownership is a bit of a reach.

Definately not peaches and cream, but Helmut has always been available when I needed him at onset (I have not needed any support after the first month and just been waiting on revised xeno board and final light boards for the past 2 months). The US team has also been spectaculor with help and discussions during the entire process.

#432 2 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

For what it's worth, my game plays flawless with all mechs as intended.
No Zeno Issues
No Lightboard issues
In my opinion, the Gameplay is A+++++
The Coding is extremely well done and complex
The Sound is amazing (David always Delivers)
Those who ride out the storm will really love the game!!
Time will Tell
Let's hope this ship gets turned around

From me just keeping track, it seems yours is the first full 'production unit'

I would love to see some closeups of your xenomech, xeno board, under pf light boards (w revision number), and GI towers or tubes being used. Would be great to see the changes from #2 to your game (which seems to be in the early 20s?).

From discussions with HP team originally I seem to remember them tossing around the 20# as the beta units and post 20 being 'production'.

Even with all the stuff happening on the production side, it seems those that have the game all agree that the game has all the parts to be awesom if/once they get produciton under control.

#434 2 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Not trying to defend heighway or anything but I can attest that our Full Throttle at The Sanctum works very well. Gets played hard every week. Flippers are pushing 4 million flips each side. We had a computer issue early on and was replaced and has been very strong since. We have full throttle #2 off the line. Never a mechanical or switch issue or lighting issue yet. Only problem is a bug in the code where it locks up once and a great while. A quick reboot and it's fine again. I wouldn't say full throttles never worked.
-Jim

Yeah, seems people are trying to reinvent reality. The Full Throttle we had on route also got heavy play and worked great. ONLY issues we ever had were a broken auto plunger early on and one broken standup target. We had the ocassional bug where after a 4 player game it would only show player 1 score (stunk for tourney nights).

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Full Throttle is being re-invented as a train wreck in this mess of a thread. Mine has been flawless which proves their model worked when they had their shit together. Hopefully that bodes well for the re-boot. If the bones of Alien are as solid as Full Throttle it shouldn't take a lot to finish it...then they just have the issue of pumping them out.
It'd be nice to hear more details of how they plan to do this going forward so we can get this thread back on track. Perhaps you guys could have your personal fights in a dedicated thread?

I agree that the succesful design of Full T bodes well that the foundation is strong if the new owners can make manufacturing happen.

#436 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you don't deserve to see nothing man! I don't know you from a hole in the ground but your credibility is completely gone. Everything you say get negative votes, everything negative said about you gets positive votes! At some point you have to pull your head out of your ass & realise it's YOU who is the problem. Maybe take a day or two off this forum. Your ratings, opinions and general views on pinball are not shared with anyone on here. You need to take a break and make like Michael Jackson.. BEAT IT

lol

you do realize that the downvote brigade is the same 6-10 people for the most part that have been down voting me for years...

I find it amusing.

#450 2 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Finally Alien is green Magic Girl is purple. Not at all alike.

I love that you still have a great sense of humor through this all!!!

I hope we can meet up and hang out some time in the future. Would love to play some pinball (specifically Aliens) with you and just nerd out!

#624 2 years ago

I was gone for a few days and I know this is completely off the main topic but get tired of people telling flat out lies to try and assult someones character. It is somewhat still relevant as this guy is apparently telling people I am/was some sort of employee or getting a commission on Heighway games which is also completely a lie.

I thought others may enjoy the reality being shown to them so they know his true character. This guy has had a hard on for me for years and his comment finally places the entire time and reason for his false outrage. 3 years ago was my first interaction with him. My friend Mark was selling a funhouse and Lordloss reached out to ask for my advice. This is how Lordloss remembers that interaction and apparantly the starting point for his grudge and character assasination.

Quoted from lordloss:

Like that funhouse I bought, you said it was great deal and a great machine. Cold solder joints, cracked ramps, broken divert. Its like you refuse to say anything negative about a pin your friends own. All to help drive the price up and scam someone out of $$$.

Here is the reality of the entire conversation when 3 years ago he reached out to me and asked for my input. I would not normally share a private message but when someone assults my character and tells lies, I think it is fair to do so. not quite sure how my response to him translates to me saying it was a great deal or magically my responsibility to go inspect the game for him...

Sorry for the commercial break, just thought it was worth sharing in the context of his BS.

Lordliar (resized).PNG

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not jumping in to your discussion but RobT is a practicing attorney with a litigation based practice.

curious, what law does he specifically specialize in?

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

He can answer it if he wants to. He's a respected attorney in his community.

is it corporate law and specifically dealing with mergers, acquisitions, and take overs?

If not then that is like asking a gynecologist to check out the wart on your foot

#674 2 years ago

In regards to letters and communication, I have heard nothing from the new investors yet and I would like to.

I have reached out via the channels and no reply yet. I would like confirmation that they are going to work with us on the same deal previously arranged of getting a full production playfield to drop in/exchange once things are 100% at full production quality.

Joe, David, Helmut >> can any of you guys assist here please?

#721 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

To gain our trust back and have this NEW company be successful....
Highway needs weekly updates at min. Say every Friday with the weeks accomplishments.

They need to
1: Refund everyone that wants money back
2. Fix the issues with current games out in the world
3. Make X games per week and deliver them

Nothing else really matters to be honest.

I do think they are capable of doing all these thing and am hopeful. What more can I really do than be hopeful

#726 2 years ago

awesome! Wish I was going to show.

Instead, I will stop by the location to play a few games on my way home

If anyone local wants to join me, my treat (i know a guy with the keys )

#756 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If I were them I'd change it. JJP and Stern still have Jack and Gary, not to mention more established brands. Without Andrew I'd go with a new name.

I was just thinking those are examples to keep it. In both cases arent jack and gary figured heads and no longer controlling interests

#767 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

David Thiel who did the sound for Alien playing it at the Northwest Pinball & Arcade Show about 30 minutes ago. He was giggling while playing! I got one game in, pretty damn fun!

makes me happy to see this! Enjoy David! Hopefully it is not too loud and you can hear some of your amazing stuff in real life action!

#948 2 years ago
Quoted from Deluxodave:

I love pinside but I'm not a fan of threads that get super crazy & emotional. I also prefer to stay on the sidelines - versus post - but I have an update I thought many would appreciate.
I was one of those guys that did a full payment pre-order for Aliens. When the news broke about the health of the company, I was frustrated and worried. Same as everyone else. I resented the fact that I wasn't a customer of Heighway Pinball, I was really an investor in Andrew's start-up. Without my knowing it, I had all the risk of an early stage investor with none of the upside.
I personally decided to ask for a refund. I needed an emotional break from this drama and to someone else's point, the investors should rescue this company on their own dime.
I'm happy to report that I've emailed & spoken with two of the investors and expressed my concerns. I received my refund in full today.
I can't speak to the investors' abilities - or how they will succeed while Andrew failed - but I can tell you they were open and ultimately stayed true to their word. In my limited experience, they were honest and have integrity. That is more than we got with Andrew in the end.
I'm sharing as I hope it makes some of you Alien pre-order customers feel better. I still would love this pin and really hope they make it.

great news and thanks for sharing!

#1035 2 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Full throttle flat out doesn't work. Alien isn't done. They've not shipped any complete non prototype games. There are MAJOR issues with it. Have you ever played one?? I have. It's not a commercially viable machine. It's very poorly made and it's can't be trusted on route. Game over, dude.

Odd. Been on route for a few months now. Aside from ocassional and intermittent light inserts flickering or going out in certain modes, it is VERY commercially viable. That GOTprem next to it is sold and Alien is still there. You do the math on which one is dominating at the location and which one was not...

We have not had anything but a few minor issues IMHO. All mechs have been solid and dealling with flakey lights is really jot a big deal for the vast majority of people playing on route. i actually just got a text from a stranger five min ago telling me thanks for putting out the game and they are loving it.

But what do i know... we only operate 33 games now... so I guess i Don't have much of a reference for if a game is commercially viable or not, lol.

IMG_1091 (resized).JPG

#1039 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

How's that xeno head going, working well?

Actually our xeno mech works fine. I have it disabled as it can ocasionally stick out while in multiball and that could cause an issue cause I would then have to stop out and power cycle to bring it back in. Xeno mech is not necessary and the game functions the same without it. Better safe than sorry.

#1042 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Your first sentence contradicts the second sentence.
The xeno mech is the main interactive toy on the game.
If it's not working in a commercial environment where people are paying to play a game, it should be turned off with an out of order sign.

Lol. It is a neat toy but you obviously have zero idea on any of the game play in the game and now are just trolling for effect. The xeno mech when turned on grabs the ball exactly once in a game, when you start ambush mutliball. Ambush mutliball works just fine without the xeno tounge grabbing the ball. Ambush is only one of four main multiballs and a small part of the total game. You obviously also have no idea how operating works or that the majority of people are stoked with the game even how it sits. I have games on route where all sorts of options are tweaked in the settings to make them play better or reduce stuck balls.

#1044 2 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I didn't realize the xeno mech was only used once - seems like an opportunity in the future to improve .. this could be adjusted with a code update to make the mech more frequently used, yes?

It still growls and has other action. Only physically grabs the ball once in the currently running code.

#1048 2 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

From post # 951
• Playfield Toys – a lot of work has been spent on this over the last few months. We felt that the current toys did not do enough justice to the license and so we have reviewed this. New toys are being worked on now. In particular, we have a very exciting xenomorph toy that is intended to become the main toy for this game.

You may have missed it... they are improving (have improved?) the xeno mech over what went out on the first 20 or so games.

I mean, I know you are just a hater trolling for reaction and effect... but you are starting to look silly with this.

10 months later
#1262 1 year ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Hilton has been banned for 5 days being his usual self. He pumped alien more than Skit b pumped Andrew. Flame him as well, to me hes right there with those two douche bags.

I am here. I am not banned. I told anyone dumb enough to prepay post Predator that they are stupid and deserve what they got If they take the risk. Did u lose money on this, if so then you are a moron. I liked and still like the game Alien. Does not change that you are a complete dumbass if you prepay for any pinball post what the community as a whole learned from skitB and jpop.

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Weren’t you originally a big Alien pin fan, raving about it for quite a bit? And didn’t own one? Sorry if I’m confusing you with someone else.

Yup, still am an Alien fan! Game is seriously amazing! I love playing it (newest code is tight!). Game is still a monster of flow.

that does not change that all along I have also told people to be smart about where to spend their money, dont pre-order (and if you do, then accept the blame), learn from the past mistakes of your pinball brothers on JPOP and SkitB.

Quoted from taylor34:

I remember about 1000 posts about how great Alien pinball was. Maybe one about "preordering and being careful, but at the same time this isn't like Predator or Jpop?"

You can't say "don't preorder" and then spend 1000 posts going on and on about how Alien is the best game ever, regardless of what you may think I'm sure it caused a bunch of people to stay in or jump in.

Essentially it was like:

be careful preordering, but heighway isn't predator or jpop
omg alien is amazing
new king of flow!
best earnings ever!
no problems on route ever!
More reliable than sterns!
screen is so IMMERSIVE
etc.

Yes, it's not your fault that people preordered, people are responsible for their own actions. But you should be responsible for yours as well, as your actions directly influenced theirs.

Should I call you the WHHHHHAAAAAAAAmbulance?

You can cry all you want, but just because I like a game and said how awesome it is, does not make me complicit in others poor decisions. For the record, Heighway was definitely different than both Jpop and SkitB. They actually produced 2 fun games in some degree of numbers. From what I gather around 100 FullT and 70ish Aliens now? Sucks that this is all going down and I feel bad for everyone that lost money, but we are all responsible for our own bad decisions. You were warned about the possibilities of any company going belly up. You choose what to do with your money in a post Predator Post Jpop world. Own your decisions and stop being such a little twit.

The lack of personal accountability for some of you is just depressing IMHO. Do some adulting for once in your life.

#1280 1 year ago

Multiple posts from me warning head to anyone thinking of putting money down, but this is the most concise. This is from 10 MONTHS ago and still applicable to this day. Multiple other posts warning people, so dont try to cry now and blame whysnow...

Unless that is what you need in life, then I am fine with being your scapegoat so you can get on with your day.

Quoted from Whysnow:

last thing...
I continually told everyone I know that they should wait to buy Aliens till they are shipping in force. Stupid to pay now when you can play one on route and wait for any initial bugs to get worked out.
If they wanted to get in to hold a spot (just could not wait), I encouraged them to only pay their 1k deposit and to pay via paypal backed through credit card. Smart to protect yourself if you are dumb enough to put down a deposit on ANY new game.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If we’re being honest, no one got into Alien or stayed in on Alien because of whysnow. He’s a tireless cheerleader for games he likes, often to a laughable degree. But everyone reading the Alien thread was well aware of that (and was frequently reminded by other posters). So while there were a few “things are looking up” and “sounds like they’ll be shipping soon” type posts, I don’t recall him making the kinds of dubious claims of inside knowledge or personal attacks against “haters” that we saw during the Predator meltdown.

thanks for that.
yet some seem to think they can rewrite their own narrative.

When fosaisu is backing me, then that shows you how wrong people like Taylor are of their altered memories.

#1301 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Be gentle with it as replacement parts may be hard to come by.

curious, what parts exactly are hard to come by that you are concerned with breakage?

#1303 1 year ago
Quoted from Frax:

FullT has that huge plastic crossover ramp, for one. Playfield plastics. Anything molded. Anything not off the shelf. LCD screen and computer, along with code.
Flipper assemblies are not standard B/W parts AFAIK (which was one of the most savvy moves Jersey Jack did IMO..unless that's changed?)

Ramps are all solid so little concern.
Plastics are crap material and will break but that is pinball. Easy to scan and make new ones.
LCD screens are an off the shelf part
CPU and code is available

I really think the ONLY part of concern is the I/O boards (node boards) on the underside of the pf. I looked them up and one time and you were able to find spares but I honestly cant remember where and I think things changed from original Alien to current run??? That is the one and only part I would try to find spares of currently. I guess you could get a back up CPU if you are concerned also.

To me, everything else if fixable or makable if needed in the future.

#1312 1 year ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, if you kiss ass and get to cut the line you don't have to prepay, Hilton.

Not how it works, but i am capable of negotiating a reasonable deal without all the homoerotic comments some of you suggest. I am also not really risk adverse so I fully understood what could happen when I sent money before getting a game.

1 week later
#1511 1 year ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think they'd still be pretty damn costly, and it would take them ages to sell those. Unless people pre-ordered them as spares.

what is the company/contact info?

I would be happy to see what is even feasible to help out the community of owners. 100 boards is really not too many since the game uses multiples.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Vernon, WA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
St Louis, MO
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside