wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Well, this is an interesting development. A list of questions I know will be raised:
-Who are you? What's your background?
-Do you have an existing interest or background in pinball?
-Do you have experience in manufacturing?
-Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?
-Are buyers going to be made whole either through full refunds or the games they ordered?
-Are staff, contractors, and/or suppliers that are owed payment going to be made whole?
-Since Andrew was responsible for the vision behind getting Heighway started, will he continue to be a part of the company in some way?
-What will happen with warranty coverage on existing games out in the wild?

Well written Post of the day.
Your point "Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?"

This exact same thing happened in Australia with the WOZ distributor "bumper action" Mark 1,Mark2 and mark3.
People couldn't get their money back because their money was with the bumper action Mark 1 company.

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

Don't call Andrew a liar or you'll get the swift hand of moderation

Why?
He is just stating a fact.

#291 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

When you figured out the timeline was going to be longer, did you lie to your customers and demand payment?

The only thing OLDPINGUY did wrong was to advertise it before it was complete. A lesson learned.
Different story with Heighway Pinball Mark1.

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Plenty of offers to jump the line if paying in full. Curious, anyone else get an offer of free shipping if paying in full?

From Heighway...

We have been asked many times recently as to how our Limited Edition payment and production schedule works. We have tried to make this system as fair as possible. The initial list we work to is based on when orders and deposits were received.
Receipt of 50%-100% payments moves customers up the delivery schedule.
Therefore, the delivery schedule is based on the following:
1.     100%-paid customers will receive their games first - prioritised on payment receipt date
2.     50%-paid customers – prioritised on original order date AND payment receipt date
3.     Deposit-paid customers – prioritised on payment receipt date

The schedule of production has been organised by the payments of customers. This means that those customers who have paid in full for their machines will be the first to receive their machines. You are sitting in the middle of the queue. You can be moved up in this schedule of production by paying the remainder of the balance. By paying the full amount you will in the among the first 50 games. If this is something that would interest you please inform me and I will draft an invoice for you.

IMG_1947 (resized).PNGIMG_1947 (resized).PNG

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I think Robin should ban the practice of companies soliciting deposits on Pinside.

Like the OP in this thread.
If I sell a pin through pinside does pinside receive a fee?

#494 6 years ago

Emails are being sent out to pre owners.
Check your in boxes

#525 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So ask for a refund

Well that sounds easy.
But Refund requests are being ignored.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from cliff_clavin:

Truth be told, I am surprised they are even accepting liability for the prepaid....business is harsh and not fair...anyway, just my opinion....worth what you paid...

They haven't accepted liability as yet.

#533 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That would be no bueno.
Can't write off the current customers and then sell new Alien pins.

Once rebirthed they can.

#539 6 years ago

I wonder if these five investors have read the main alien thread from start till now.
If they have been in the background and wanted to know what was happening, they could just read the thread, it's all here on pinside.

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If everyone makes a run on the bank and asks for refunds I expect the game and company to collapse. The few prototypes will be collector's items of what could have been.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Is what it is, just gonna make the costs of pulling this off too much, that's a huge instant cash drain. Doesn't mean everyone shouldn't do whatever they please, but all this crying and shaming over the new owners trying to keep people in is stupid. Of course they are. They're fighting to keep the game and company viable.
I'm already going back to the don't give a f*** mentality to be honest. I'd rather the whole thing collapse than deal with months and months of bellyaching and headaches and bullshit, I've had enough already.

Aurich, if you really are getting paid in some way or form for your services to heighway, which of course you should be for the great work you have done with the artwork, mate some of the posts draws a fine line with what side of the fence your sitting on.

#653 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That the papers have not been signed yet? Well that did come straight from people who spoke directly to the new investors.

My fear and true belief is once the papers are signed and the company is rebirthed, it will have a new (similar) name.
Anyone after a refund from the original heighway that Andrew was running will be told by the new company, and in your words, "Andrew is gone so he can't refund money"

That's just how I feel.

#661 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Except Fox granted the license to Heighway Pinball. What you are talking about is a whole new company (that's the only way they could avoid all liabilities of Heighway), so they would have to get the license from Fox. That's not likely given the current situation.
Edit: I'm clueless on business laws in GB

We shall see, won't we.

#773 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Did you read the part where they said that it might take several weeks to review the ledgers?

They would've had to be reviewed before the seperate email went out to people asking for a refund.

#780 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No offense, but I still find it appalling that the sound designer was never even shipped a game to fine tune his work. Wasn't Dave & Joe supposed to have a game to test on like over a year ago? Working on your PC is one thing, but couldn't he have taken one of those preproduction test games from Expo & pass it around to the employees in the US who actually had a need for it? I mean Whysnow & early adopters got a game before the designers? Where was the sense in that???
IDK. It just makes me shake my head to what was actually going on there for all this time, while customers were fed a bunch of bullshit to keep the thing going. Past is past I guess. Glad there's new leadership now.

Don't be silly, if Andrew gave the games to to tech guys of the game, he would've missed out on some up front money

#956 6 years ago

My request was 5/22/17
Some have been waiting a lot longer.
Just as they dribbled out an alien every now and then to bring in new pre orders, now they are dribbling out a refund for the same reason.
Same old Heighway.
I'm hearing through PM's that some are looking at going through legal channels to receive there refunds.

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Odd. Been on route for a few months now. Aside from ocassional and intermittent light inserts flickering or going out in certain modes, it is VERY commercially viable. That GOTprem next to it is sold and Alien is still there. You do the math on which one is dominating at the location and which one was not...
We have not had anything but a few minor issues IMHO. All mechs have been solid and dealling with flakey lights is really jot a big deal for the vast majority of people playing on route. i actually just got a text from a stranger five min ago telling me thanks for putting out the game and they are loving it.

How's that xeno head going, working well?

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Actually our xeno mech works fine. I have it disabled as it can ocasionally stick out while in multiball and that could cause an issue cause I would then have to stop out and power cycle to bring it back in. Xeno mech is not necessary and the game functions the same without it. Better safe than sorry.

Your first sentence contradicts the second sentence.

The xeno mech is the main interactive toy on the game.

If it's not working in a commercial environment where people are paying to play a game, it should be turned off with an out of order sign.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. It is a neat toy but you obviously have zero idea on any of the game play in the game and now are just trolling for effect. The xeno mech when turned on grabs the ball exactly once in a game, when you start ambush mutliball. Ambush mutliball works just fine without the xeno tounge grabbing the ball. Ambush is only one of four main multiballs and a small part of the total game. You obviously also have no idea how operating works or that the majority of people are stoked with the game even how it sits. I have games on route where all sorts of options are tweaked in the settings to make them play better or reduce stuck balls.

From post # 951

• Playfield Toys – a lot of work has been spent on this over the last few months. We felt that the current toys did not do enough justice to the license and so we have reviewed this. New toys are being worked on now. In particular, we have a very exciting xenomorph toy that is intended to become the main toy for this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toads.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=toads and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.