Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (2 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (2 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (2 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (2 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (2 years ago)

Post #965 Message sent about the company status Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #1250 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by deeproot (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oyvindmo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#68 2 years ago

Wow, talk about a bombshell! I'm sure this isn't the direction Andrew was planning, but most businesses - in any industry - go through this - what this means is Heighway has been rated a positive investment going forward. This should put a good feeling in the bellies (and wallets!) of buyers.

1 week later
#885 2 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

In Homepins defense, his post was in reaction to the suggestion that I become a Utilite expert and do developer level deep diagnostics.
I believe that we all agree, Homepin included, that a simple swap would be the appropriate consumer level fix.
But what good is it as we just learned that the new generation Utilites fail as well.
This is a huge concern to me ad there seems to be no fix, only bandages

Just to play devil's advocate here - WPC95 games face a similar level of catatrophic failure if their a/v boards die; a reliable alternative didn't come about until THIS year when PinSound worked their magic. I'm not even sure there WERE band-aids in that case, but even Pinsound isn't an exact replacement. If it works and is reliable though, it deserves consideration, and if enough interest is expressed, it seems somebody may want to pick up the ball

#998 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We haven't had this level of speed when buying shipping containers of pins from Italy, but usually it's a couple of days tops for 50K transfers. I do think it's easier for Americans transferring money abroad then people from a couple different countries to transfer it to the UK, but again, it's got to be no longer than 3-5 working days.

Banks have an upper limit for those types of unsecured transfers - if it's over a million (varies by bank), they may need to use a brokerage house and it can take a while to set up. Many banks won't transfer huge sums because of the risk involved

#1004 2 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Unsecured? What do you mean? Are you saying that the investors don't actually have the money to wire, are trying to obtain a loan for the money and that loan is not secured?

Sorry, I shouldn't have used that word - I meant that it's a transaction for a previously undocumented relationship between entities - I'm not sure what the proper banking term would be

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

What risk are you talking about?
From my experience, the client provides the wire instructions. They typically receive that info from the bank that's to receive the funds.
They then confirm the numbers (account numbers etc/instructions) before the sending bank transmits the wire payment.
With the customer signing off before it's submitted, the bank takes zero risk. Especially since the wire authorization that's signed by the customer waives the banks liability.
Banks transfer huge sums of money routinely. It's what they do. Even more so when you get to the Commercial/Business side of things, vs the Personal side -but many, many clients transfer what most of us would consider "large" sums of money frequently.

Millions of units pushed internationally are tracked at a very different level than up-to-100,000 which is what most banks will do. The bank takes a huge bite out too, so they have an interest in keeping the hassle low. When you're transferring that much money, lawyers can get involved if there's an issue

#1043 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Lol. It is a neat toy but you obviously have zero idea on any of the game play in the game and now are just trolling for effect. The xeno mech when turned on grabs the ball exactly once in a game, when you start ambush mutliball. Ambush mutliball works just fine without the xeno tounge grabbing the ball. Ambush is only one of four main multiballs and a small part of the total game. You obviously also have no idea how operating works or that the majority of people are stoked with the game even how it sits. I have games on route where all sorts of options are tweaked in the settings to make them play better or reduce stuck balls.

I didn't realize the xeno mech was only used once - seems like an opportunity in the future to improve .. this could be adjusted with a code update to make the mech more frequently used, yes?

#1045 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It still growls and has other action. Only physically grabs the ball once in the currently running code.

Understood - I just meant that this is probably something that would potentially only get better once Heighway gets on its feet again

10 months later
#1220 1 year ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Well I guess they've finally put us out of our misery. No point in following these threads any longer in hopes of Heighway turning it around.
Sorry to all you guys who have lost money. I still have a game although the value has just gone down considerably....bummer.

Why has the value just gone down? Now it’s a collectors item

#1287 1 year ago
Quoted from chad:

Pinball puts people " Under Pressure"

But when they win a tournament, they can say “we are the champions”

#1344 1 year ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Oh boy..what did I start here
We represent .5% of the US population so I understand if this subject becomes unpopular
All I can say is mind blown when you really start doing research into ALL aspects of the food industry.
And rob is correct, just look at your teeth

Not to mention that the world's strongest man (power lifter) is a vegan:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692366/World-strongest-man-Patrick-Baboumian-PETA-vegan

1 week later
#1459 1 year ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think everyone on that list got the mail. Actually I would have thought there would be more consumer creditors.

Does that mean only ~180 people even preordered?

7 months later
#1523 9 months ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

The endless multiball's get old fast like Hobbit.

You haven't played recent Hobbit code - multiballs are much less frequent, and are mixed in with the way more advanced gameplay. I sold mine after playing it a few months, about a year ago. I just bought it back in November, and it's never leaving.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 50.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside