Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (2 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (2 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (2 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (2 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (2 years ago)

Post #965 Message sent about the company status Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #1250 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by deeproot (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oyvindmo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#230 2 years ago

Screenshot_20170603-113143 (resized).png

#245 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

I unlike Andrew have millions of dollars.

Andrew ASSured me and the crowd at his Expo session that he totally funded the Heighway Pinball biz from the money he made & banked as a route operator. No outside funding was ever going to be needed. Maybe not dollars, but GBP's...

#272 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

How's that possible? I know it's been said by someone that Full Throttle is the best engineered pinball in history. So, that isn't the case?

Remember, Woz is "the best built, highest quality pinball machine".

#316 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

It would be cool if there was a Pinside Confidence rating for each manufacture. Like a Pinside seal of approval for companies like Stern or Spooky and warnings for companies not meeting a certain standard. It seems like there was time where you could get thread ejected from Heighway topics for being critical... or at least pushed out by cheerleaders. Look where we are now. Pinside is a trusted resource by lots of people and maybe it's time the site takes a bigger role in protecting people's money. Not because they have to, but because it's the right thing to do.

Basically, Pinball should be like it used to be and is going back to; Go to a distributor, a real brick & mortar building, They show you the machine/box, you inspect, you lay down cash (ok, maybe a credit card and Operators get Net 30 with established credit) and you take your machine. Delivery is optional.

Screw the prepay. I don't care if the machine is a Seinfeld theme, no pre-pay or deposit. Cash & Carry. Period.

These upstarts can do what Bally, Gottlieb, Genco, Williams did. Get investors to back them and reap rewards later. Otherwise, it's a barrier to entry/survival of the fittest. Not everyone can be a brain surgeon and not everyone can design, develop and manufacture pinball machines.

#322 2 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I didn't explain well. To clarify: To the front of the line, meaning in front of deposit buyers. Not other paid in full buyers.

Didn't JJP have this policy as well as at pinball sales . com "First to pay is first to play"?

#545 2 years ago

Remember, you're considered successful only if you've had a business failure or three in your past.

#680 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MGM licensed the Adams Family playfields to Gene, and then when happy face stole all his stuff, obviously the license was transferred to CPR.
It was not a brand new agreement, otherwise CPR would have made a whole lot more of them.....

Heh, "happy face" more like half-face.

#720 2 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

To gain our trust back and have this NEW company be successful....
Highway needs weekly updates at min. Say every Friday with the weeks accomplishments.

Like a no-shit newsletter......

#751 2 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Andrew has left the building. A sad day to see him go for good but necessary for the future of the company. We all wish him the best of luck and hope he takes a long and much-needed rest.
Now we can move forward and get this ball rolling again.

He can run, but he can't hide.........

#794 2 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Why would you get a neon sign made, let alone not having the pin? Isn't that a little strange?

You can thank Andrew Heighway for that. The seller of pinball illusions......

1 week later
#984 2 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

i transfer large sums of money internationally... if early in the day, shows up within minutes. if later in day, it shows up the next morning.

When the Indiana Toll Road was leased to a Austrailian-Spanish Consortium for $3.8 billion, the funds were transferred at a rate of $168 million/hour for 24 hours. DP is not worth as much so it sounds like more lies......

#989 2 years ago

Ready,
Fire,
Aim.

#1001 2 years ago

Pinball start-up disasters. Zidware, SKitB, Heighway Pinball and Dutch Pinball. Would make a nice 45 minute documentary. Hopefully no preorder for it.

#1019 2 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's a little dramatic. The guys that actually built the game say it's 99% done. The people that actually have the game have spoken to any lingering issues. If you have kept up with things you'd know there are only a couple issues to address as far as the game being 100% done.
? Have you read the thread?

Kulek said that about Predator. A "popular" poster here backed him up for months. Poof! Money's gone.....

4 months later
#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Is new Heighway management going to do any new addressing on their website or status of things?

As of this moment, they have not.

2 weeks later
#1180 1 year ago

Looks like we know how Barry's expenses & salary are being funded....

5 months later
#1214 1 year ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

F*** heighway! I am normally friendly and try to find the best in people, but I’m struggling to come to terms with this. I only had a deposit down, so not out as much as others. But to be lied to over and over since requesting a refund way back in August 2018 is very very frustrating and I really feel I have been taken advantage of!!
Burn in hell you lying, cheating and stealing bastards!
Grrrrrrrrrrr....

You must be thinking of a Williams Time Warp.

#1274 1 year ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Just a small point, the Germans never bombed Pearl Harbour.

He's referring to a famous line from the popular movie Animal House....

#1402 1 year ago

How about a new Hitler upset with Andrew Heighway video first?

#1434 1 year ago

Jack ate it; He likes it!

#1468 1 year ago

As-is, where-is. Sounds like a Super Auctions farce.
And now 125, 200.
And now 200, 1000.
And now 1000, 10,000.
And now 10,000, 15,000.
Who'll give me a buck?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 50.00
$ 279.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Machine - For Sale
South Portland, ME
5,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fruitland Park, FL
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrbally.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside