Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (2 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (2 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (2 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (2 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (2 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (2 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (2 years ago)

Post #965 Message sent about the company status Posted by Wickerman2 (2 years ago)

Post #1250 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by deeproot (1 year ago)

Post #1451 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by oyvindmo (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already.

I thought Andrew was the owner....

This seems like just another turn around for what's happened in this industry for the past 5 years and that I've read similar posts like this before. It will be healthy for the industry and our hobby for Heighway to succeed, but I don't understand how anyone can put money down on a game before it is produced after all of this.

#333 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This pre-pay crap has to stop.....period. As stated above, the only real protection is to never place money down again without a game ready to ship..... This started in pinball because of the start-ups being under funded and trying to raise cash.

No one is forcing people to enter into a prepay agreement.

Months ago there was a pinsider who researched Andrew's past enterprises and posted it one of these threads. He faced criticism from a few pinsders and even Andrew himself explained that it was not relevant and you need to have failures before you can recognize a success.

I wonder if a banker would share that sentiment.

#364 2 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It should also be noted that the Pinsider who posted those facts was perma banned from all Heighway threads.

Searched for it, this was it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/141#post-3301083

#396 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

that had nothing to do with why he was perma banned. The posts are still there (albeit edited or some deleted) and occurred months later The reason for being permabanned relatd to this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread/page/168#post-3401181
They appear edited/missing the core of the content that was out of line. I just point this out because I dont think any Pinside staff were trying to protect or hide anything. They were banning for other and appropriate reasons so no need to rewrite the narrative.

Understood. Honestly, I don't remember who it was that posted it. I do recall reading it and thinking at that time (9 months ago) that it was some serious information to consider if it was validated, no matter who the poster was or what the intent was. I have no interest in Pinside drama nor do I care on who the mods eject or don't eject. Got more important things to worry about.

The point is that history and someone's track record should always be examined and this community could do with a bit more skepticism on operations.

#707 2 years ago
Quoted from SuS:

If a bunch of people ask for refunds, it probably won't do that much damage.
These pre-orders are on Heighway's books as liabilities. To write off the liability for each individual order, Heighway must either deliver a pinball machine or a refund. It's going to cost Heighway a bunch of money either way. Delivering a machine should cost less than providing a refund so, to Heighway, the true cost of providing a refund is only the profit on that order, which will be lost. Supposedly, there isn't much profit in the current situation, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference.
The investors know the status of the balance sheets, and what must be done to deliver against the liabilities, before they can even think about building machines for profit.

Accrual accounting and cash flow are two different things.

10 months later
#1327 1 year ago
Quoted from emkay:

Jesus Christ, what were you doing before? I eat like a normal person, have a salad and a steak and a few beers and I'm good. I've never had any of these problems and not that it matters on a pinball forum but holy shit, if changing your diet fixed that stuff you were fucking off in the first place. Not trying to talk about health benefits either but the mods got us on lockdown.

Not at all, he's 100% correct. It's simple, some foods damage your body, and others repair and sustain it. It isn't mumbo jumbo, it's science.

#1338 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

I joined the vegan club 3 months ago for reasons similar to yours (I was having a lot of stomach/digestion problems that were not going away, despite seeing doctors and given medication that didn't work). This led me to start doing my own research as I was getting pretty frustrated with how I was feeling. Going vegan was not remotely on my radar or something that I thought I would do a very short time ago (big meat eater here)!
Well, I decided to give it a try. Definite improvement 2 weeks in. 90% improvement 4 weeks in. Feeling *much* better overall now, not only with the digestion problems I was having, but in overall health, including lower BP (like you).
I gotta apologize to my buddy rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Based on what? Let me guess: because we have "canine" teeth?
Anyway, back on topic: Andrew Heighway sucks.

The digestive benefits are due to fiber and the best thing you can eat are leafy greens. The impact can't be overstated.

There is an easy way to validate it for yourself. Ask for a full blood test -liver function, platelet count, cholesterol, the works. Go plant based for 3 months and then ask for another blood test. Rinse and repeat. I do still eat meat, but only up to 12 oz of grass-fed organic beef. Stay away from chicken and pork and ANY processed meat. It's damn near as deadly as tobacco is.

And Andrew Heighway sucks big time.

#1341 1 year ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, I had blood work done when I went to the doctor for my digestive issues, so I have a great reference point to compare as the blood test was done only about 3-4 weeks before I went vegan. I was already able to see the benefits in reduced BP as I can take those measurements at home obviously, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes there will be regarding my cholesterol levels etc. Ironically, my prior blood test showed that I was borderline anemic despite eating plenty of meat, so it will be interesting to see if that changes/improves since many think that iron is hard to get being vegan.

You should see significant results soon. Iron is a tough one....there is some information here on it.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-safety-of-heme-vs-non-heme-iron/

Since I don't have a science background, Greger is my "go to" as he dumbs it down for people like me.

#1353 1 year ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The best diet is a balanced one. Anytime you go extreme in any one direction it usually does not end well. We wouldn't have evolved the brains we have without a high protein diet.

That is simply not true. I believed the "we need animal protein" mantra for 40 years.The food industries today use the same tactics that the tobacco companies used for decades.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider methos.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside