wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#904 6 years ago

I recall reading somewhere the computer used in alien can be used in full throttle but you need the SSD drive and SDcard for the Linux boot/game specific code. Certainly tech support should help you with this and get the parts you need, unless the company is on total freeze with no employees, which doesn't sound like the case

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

From what I gather, the FTH CPU is ARM based, whereas the Alien CPU is x86, both run some form of Linux. To get FTH running on the x86 CPU wouldn't be too hard, but again it's development time that might be better off spent doing something else.
Right now they don't sell playfield kits, no one is buying FTH, so there's no real financial incentive to get FTH running on the x86 board.

#906 6 years ago

So theoretically one of these guys with broken utilites could order one of these and get the image from Heighway tech support and get their Full throttle working? Are you using a 32gb SSD?

https://www.amazon.com/ZOTAC-Quad-Core-Graphics-Barebones-ZBOX-BI323-U/dp/B01N8WA35O

Quoted from bcd:

That's right. Full Throttle uses the Utilite, Alien uses the Zotac. Internally the code is organized differently, and software update is hopefully a little easier than before.
I've already ported the Full Throttle code onto the Zotac platform. I've been running it on my game for months now. The packages have been sent to the UK factory and final testing started. Obviously that has slowed down and I'm not sure where it stands on releasing it.
If you order an Alien kit, you'll be able to ditch the Utilite and just use the Zotac for both games. The SSD holds both sets of game code and you can switch between them with a simple menu change. If you aren't ordering Alien, but want to update your Full Throttle to the Zotac, there should be an option to do so - not sure about pricing or priority on that right now though.

#927 6 years ago

You need the new image for this board along with the game code. I imagine Brian has a sdcard image and an ssd hard drive image, but it sounds like tech support will have to send them to you.

Quoted from libtech:

Update - got the new zotac, no dice though, must be the hdd or data, still no contact from heighway about an image file

10 months later
#1431 5 years ago

Stern would never make a game without their platform. This is direct from George Gomez.

Quoted from mbwalker:

Good point Bob

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider luvthatapex2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=luvthatapex2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.