wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I don't know that anyone has noticed or cared that I stopped posting in the Alien thread, but I reached a point where I felt it best to withdraw to the sidelines. I can promise you that if you're frustrated with Alien that I've been more frustrated. It's not a contest worth winning, believe me.
I'm going to do anything I can to help the rebirth of the company succeed, because I want Alien to succeed, we all do. We've invested years of our lives into it. And what's happening now is the best chance for that to happen.
The investors get every pain point that you guys have brought up, all of them. And they get all the pain points you didn't even know existed too. There is no wide eyed naivety here. These guys are smart, and they are thorough. They weren't calling the shots before, now they are, and I'm hopeful we'll see results. I've had personal discussions with them about the plans, and while I can't predict the future and won't try, I'm confident that they're passionate and are going to try their best.
There are easier ways to make money than investing in pinball, they're doing it because they care about the hobby and the games.
They're still going through legal channels on things that they can't discuss or answer until documents are signed etc, this post today was basically the earliest possible opportunity for them to tell people what's going on, because no one wanted to leave people hanging. Hopefully they're all asleep now!
So what I'd suggest is, if it's possible, to try and have just a little more patience, because the answers are there, and I'm sure they'll be forthcoming, but they need a little time before they can give them. Legal and practical logistics just are what they are in something this big and complicated. If I had to guess I'd say next week, but I don't know, please don't hold me to it, just saying we're talking short term here.
I'm sure everyone with money invested will be personally taken care of, whether it's refunds, or reassurance, or answering questions. Again, it will take a little time.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hang in there man. Appreciate anything you can do to help them through the transition.

#532 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Thanks. All I can do is say "hey, the team hopes everyone gives these guys a chance, after all this wait why not see how they do?"
The ball is in their court otherwise. I'll be as antsy as anyone else if after a few weeks we don't see actual measurable progress. Nothing can get fixed overnight, but words only count for so much.

Best thing we can do is offer our time & support to help them get through this hurdle and get the business up & humming.
( ( ( ((Sending positive vibes their way)) ) ) )

#565 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey gang, I've deleted 7 posts out of the last twenty that were just "...."; please do not make posts that are composed of only dots. Thank you.

ditto

#828 6 years ago

I have a 30+ year old Apple ][ that's running great. Boots in seconds.

I have a linux pc set up in 2002 that I haven't ever rebooted, unplugged, or upgraded & it's running great for 15 years, 365 days year, 24 hours a day.

...just saying.

#839 6 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

But that's a through-component, double layer circuit board that's not running 24/7 in a high vibration environment, with constant EM pulsing from all the coils.
My Commodore PET computer from 1977 still works great, but I would not run an insulin pump from it.

It was a high vibration environment when I used it daily to code & bang on the desk with frustration CALL -151.
Also had stereo speakers on either side of it with 80's dance music playing all the time (loud). Boom... Boom...
I'd run an insulin pump on it, it's a rock solid machine. Only risk is bad code & environmental influence like external dust/temp/etc.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Hello Heighway Pinball Fans,
We here at Heighway Pinball are hard at work to get the production of the hottest pinball of 2017 out to our passionate fans as soon as possible. To this end we have been diligently streamlining the process here, ordering and refining the parts that we need to deliver games to our customers as soon as we possibly can and to the highest standards.
We have also being taking part in restructuring our offices to get the most efficient performance from our staff so they can deliver a high quality service to our fans around the World. This process will continue in the coming weeks to get us ready for the push of full production.
Due to the transition phase that is underway we are there have been delays these are due to the fact that we are transferring money into the business from our accounts in Europe directly into the accounts of Heighway Pinball in the UK. The delay is due to the amount of money that is being transferred internationally and the associated bureaucracy that accompanies transactions of this nature. We ask you to please be patient with this process as we are doing all that we can to get this matter settled once and for all.
We are aiming to achieve a large amount of machines being shipped from our factory to customers in the coming months. This is a huge undertaking but we are up to the challenge of meeting this goal and getting machines into the hands of customers.
Please stay tuned in the coming weeks for more updates of the state of production at Heighway Pinball. We thank you for support and commitment to our company and hope that we can reciprocate with the delivery of the Hottest Pinball of 2017 Alien.

i transfer large sums of money internationally... if early in the day, shows up within minutes. if later in day, it shows up the next morning.

#980 6 years ago

if their sending bank(s) are using a 3rd party to handle international wires, the 3rd parties can take between 3-15 business days (usually about 5). And after waiting those x # of days, the 3rd party can often come back & say, it didn't work or after further review, they've decided to just not do it.

#982 6 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Apparently SWIFT isn't for them

exactly

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider labnip.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=labnip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.