wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#853 6 years ago
Quoted from shaneo:

May I suggest debugging the game via console session? You will need a micro serial cable (Compulab ship these with the Utilite's, else abt 5 bucks from the retail giants) and a Linux/ Win machine with a terminal emulator to do this. I use good old Screen but HyperTerm in Win will do the job. Settings need to be 115200 8n1.
From the console you will see exactly what is happening if the game boots/fails/blah blah. If you prove the Utilite is busted the you simply buy a new one from Compulab. It's an ARMv7 Cortex CPU with Neon architecture and it runs a Yocto compiled Linux kernel. There are also plenty of other ARMv7 units out there which can/could be made to work.
They are a good unit apart from the poor quality, easily busted uSD slot. They have dual LAN, dual HDMI, WiFi, Bluetooth, 1.2Ghz CPU, 4 GB ram, 5 USB and 2 serial ports. I use the original I busted as a media server now I can boot it from USB.
Tech ref manual http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/download/documentation/utilite/utilite-technical-reference-manual.pdf
If you prove that the uSD card slot is at fault then you can update the uBoot f/w and boot from USB or TTTP or an mSata drive. Have you checked the uSD card for errors? May be as simple as some file system repair commands. The image has some ext4 filesystems which mess up uSD cards. In your console session you will see errors like "Card did not respond to voltage select!"
If you cannot prove the fault then create bootable Ubuntu uSD and fire up the Utilite using the procedure here http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/wiki/index.php/Utilite_Linux_Installation_and_Update.
There are also plenty of other ARMv7 units out there which can/could be made to work if needed and surely the code owner could cross compile.
Get the console session happening and you'll be playing the game again in no time. Happy to assist if required.
I've also had a lot of teething problems with my FullT and perhaps it was a little ambitious for a new manufacturers first game, but engineers of Andrew's calibre don't design "ordinary"
When the game is playing well it is crazy good. Must have spent 4 hours playing it today until my arms hurt.
It's just "got the shots"

Thank you posting. This is why I come here. My Utilite is working fine but I would like to have a spare on hand.

#894 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

For Aliens, its a Zotac BI323 which are easy to find and cheap. I just bought another in case I need it and think it was about $120usd new. Figured it would at least be a month or two before I got one from Heighway, and want to get my game going.

Anyone know what it would take to get Full Throttle running on the Zotac?

#901 6 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

My guess it would need a code update to support the different hardware. But it depends what its running on now, what does it run on now?

http://www.compulab.co.il/utilite-computer/web/utilite-overview

I tried to find one online but they are not available from usual sources and seem to be out of production. Not a good sign. It would be good to have a backup solution.

IMG_20170611_191820 (resized).jpgIMG_20170611_191820 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jgaltr56.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=jgaltr56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.