wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daudioguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#30 6 years ago

As a member of Team Alien US let me say that this channel and this announcement are the real deal. The names of the Investor Group would not be of any use to you. The members of the Investor Group are passionate about pinball and specifically the Alien Pinball machine. The Investor Group is made up of smart gentlemen who have not jumped into this without thought.
This is real and this is happening.
I couldn't be happier. I want to see all my children get into the wild and thrive.

ddt

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?

in the first post I read this to be a clear statement:

Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.

#61 6 years ago

Hi, I just got off a Skype with Roger Svanevik who asked me to inform this forum that there will be much more information about everything but not much more today. Roger is 9 time zones ahead of me (I am in the Pacific time zone) and he was trying to go to bed.

Roger has been in Wales these last few weeks but is back in Norway now.
Roger and others are invested in this effort to ensure that everybody gets what they want whether it is a refund or an Alien Pinball machine or parts to support the game that they already have.

I think I can speak for the U.S. team that helped develop Alien that we are very encouraged by today's developments and we can't wait for reliable, production machines to be shipped from Wales to everybody who wants to buy one.

ddt

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

How about those of us with partially working games?

The new management is very committed to doing what it takes so that all the existing games become fully functional as quickly as possible.

This was expressed to me as a high priority.

ddt

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.
We have drawn up a detailed strategy to invest money into the company, both to ensure that machines are built to the highest quality and also to ensure that healthy numbers are shipped as quickly as possible.
The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding to make sure that everyone, who has money at stake, will get their ordered pinball machines.

I have spoken with the Roger who is leading the charge and he is determined to establish a viable production line and produce Alien and other pins as soon as possible. He understands and has planned to do the right thing to earn back the reputation needed to be a viable pinball manufacturer.

At some point the only thing that is going to convince people is a NIB Alien pin showing up at their house and at their distributor's warehouse. That is fine, that is the intention. Till then, thrash-on.

ddt

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Magic Girl and the existing Alien pins are very similar - they look pretty but do not work 100%.

I can't let this post stand as it is nonsense.
Yes most of the existing delivered machines have had a fault with the Xeno mech. The mech was not tested sufficiently before shipping game number one and in the wild HP discovered that it had fatal flaws. New companies make mistakes, big mistakes. However even without a working Xeno mech the game plays and plays well. The Xeno mech has been completely re-implemented and a small number of the lastest machines have been shipped with that mech. All existing machines will be upgraded to the new Xeno mech I have been assured.

Quoted from PoMC:

Magic Girl owners do not have customer support and neither do Alien owners.

Nonsense once again. AH customer service has not always been great but it has been there, Helmut and others have been making the best out of a bad situation. HP customers have had support and new management will make it much better.

Quoted from PoMC:

Magic Girl buyers actually received a machine at least. Time will tell if Alien buyers will.

There are hours and hours of Alien Twitch feeds from pins in Wisconsin, Indiana, England that show people playing delivered machines. More Alien pins are in the hands of customers than Magic Girl and at least you can see the entire LCD when playing Alien!

I mostly lurk on Pinside and rarely engage but this comparison irritates me. The last Magic Girl video I saw features mainplay and ..... Alien has AlieN and AlienS mainplays, 8 modes, 2 mini-wizard modes, 5 multiballs, >15 possible combo shots, 5 Gun play modifiers, 5 skill shots all implemented with full production AV assets. To compare it to MG is ludicrous.

Quoted from PoMC:

Magic Girl was cobbled together just to be shipped and so were the Alien pins.

Not true. The first Alien pins don't suffer from a collection of cobbled together parts but rather a lack of testing of the selected parts. Pushing the pins out the door to keep things going hoping that everything works as it has in the factory was a mistake. Moving forward this will not happen again.

I understand the frustration with the production of Alien Pinball by Heighway Pinball. The developers share that frustration. However, I will not stand by while nonsense is posted based on that negative energy.

For what it is worth and I speak for myself I am very hopeful that the new men at the helm of Heighway Pinball have the energy, acumen, and resources to fix the problems at Heighway Pinball.

Yes long before I was associated with this project there was nonsense foisted on the pinball community by Heighway Pinball and it may be fair that some of that is being pushed back.

Finally Alien is green Magic Girl is purple. Not at all alike.

ddt

#725 6 years ago

As long as you keep your torches and pitchforks at bay I will be at the NWPAS all three days this weekend. While I am represented by four games that are in some stage of production at NWPAS I will be at Tommy's Nitro booth (as I haven't had a lot of time with a real Alien pin so far) and I can answer game questions. I don't know the detailed plans of the Active Investor Group so don't ask me. I do know quite a bit about the rules and the enhancements that remain to be done. After about six hours at a show I will be show fried so if you have suggestions it is better that you post them here.
As it stands the Alien package is 97% feature complete (just a few AV assets to be attached to the grand wizard mode that nobody has gotten to yet). The AIG is committed to getting machines in the hands of all the US developers ASAP and the final enhancement and testing of the package will hopefully be done before machines ship in quantity. That would make me happy as I am old school and like to see completed machines shipping.
So if you are in the Northwest and go to NWPAS say hello.
ddt

#907 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Hopefully it is not too loud and you can hear some of your amazing stuff in real life action

Tommy and his crew from Nitro were great at the show. Day one the volume wasn't up but that was fixed for two and three and it was "Let's get it on" as Hudson would say.

#934 6 years ago

....progress....

Nitro graciously loaned me the Alien that was at NWPAS. I'm testing the s*** out of it. There are issues that are being fed back to Wales to insure that when production resumes these games will be robust. Of course I am having my first chance to review the sound package while flipping. I made some good judgments and I missed a few (first try). This is to be expected. I will be addressing these as fast as I can. While doing that I am also reviewing and testing the entire package and giving notes back to the team. This refinement stage can only be done with a machine. In the very near future all the dev team will have dev machines and this will speed the enhancement process.
If you have liked what you have experienced so far we expect that you will be even more pleased with the finished package.

ddt

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

is out of sync compared to how their lips are moving in the video

good catch

yes I noticed this at NWPAS. keeping everything in sync is like "like nailing jello to a tree" sometimes.

it will be fixed.

ddt

1 week later
#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

The Polk Sub adds alot to the gameplay too.

Yes it does, by design. I added a sub-woofer to the studio Jan 2016 and both Alien and Dialed In have content that use it. It is a little more effort to get the bottom octave right than to ignore it. There are some swoops and punches that are a lot of fun if you have it. At around $100 it is a good addition.

ddt

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
9,799 (OBO)
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daudioguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=daudioguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.