wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

There's no THREAT that the price will be higher if you pull out and re-buy. That is already the case. Recent quotes for the machine down here are 35% higher than my pre-order price. Usual pre-order situation. Jump off the pre-order, pay full retail. Should be no surprise in that.

Not so sure. I can't imagine more than 50 fully paids. What's that? $350k? Say, 200 deposits? Another $300k? If these guys are putting millions up in total then $650k doesn't shut it down.

Of course the price is going to be higher--when was the original price announced--2015? Look at the course of a game like Metallica. Over its lifespan, it has had several price increases. Wasn't it $4,200 when it first released? So it's not absurd to think the cost of making this game has increased over 2 years. Yes, it's quite different in the production delays, but the price of parts doesn't hold static just because production has been in neutral.

#711 6 years ago
#792 6 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

I think it would be pretty freakin' cool if after all of this mess they ended up turning out an awesome game that became a top 5 of all time...but I don't see it happening...I hope
I'm wrong.

I gave up Metallica to get mine. It's every bit as fun for me as Metallica or my Indiana Jones and that's without the Xeno mechanism working.

#813 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

I also got a reply with some more specific information in response to my concerns. For some reason they called my charge-back a refund too. I may be willing to cancel my charge-back if they can get me a machine.
Summary:
They claim that the Xeno and lighting issues have been corrected.
The new promised delivery dates rely on the suppliers coming through. Daniel says they are confident that the suppliers will be able to meet their requests.
They also claim they have the team necessary to build in the quantities they are projecting for "end of august" (175)
They are working on securing all of the final necessities (bank accounts , communication outlets) and expect that process to take about a week (or slightly longer).
Production planning continues as it is not affected by the transition activities.
They promise honest communications moving forward (progress or setbacks) .
To restore trust they will 'start by doing refunds' .
Unfortunately , i received no specific response on how to resolve my order. i expressed an interest to "stay in" , but was offered no incentive or information on how to achieve that result.
They may not be in a position to examine each case individually as of yet , but it would have been nice to hear that they would at least "look into it" .
I also hinted at possibly receiving some sort of perk for staying in (instead of the veiled threat of a price increase if you buy in later) and that was not addressed either. Hopefully , i can have that conversation when they can look at my order and see what the details are. I would expect that they would want to limit refunds or paying the charge-backs by offering some sort of incentive. If they are not willing to put in the effort to save my order then i just sit back and let the charge-back do the work. Not sure what their limit is but Discover(paid through paypal) had no problem with issuing a charge-back after 224 days.
It makes sense to believe that these guys are committed to make this pinball machine happen. Of course , it doesn't mean that they can't fail. It does bother me that they have already made a delivery promise of the 175 machines by end of august. Unexpected shit happens. The parts are not in hand. How many capable assemblers could possibly be on their team at this point?
Daniel has expressed in his reply to me that they have the team in place for production and that the parts will arrive in time. Not sure how many parts need to be ordered, but if one part goes wrong it could screw the whole plan.
I appreciate their communication and Daniel did reply to all of my concerns , although not to the extent of what happens to my specific order.
Hope this synopsis helps others.
I am cautiously positive at this point if my order isn't already cancelled.

If I were the new investors (and operating under the assumption that I have funds to do it) I'd refund every wishy-washy soul who kinda/sorta wants one but has a list of demands/caveats/needed minute by minute updates over the past few months. Here's your money, maybe when you see games being delivered you'll have enough confidence to buy in at the increased price. Lesson learned on how up and down the pre-order world can be, right?

#831 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Just got a reply from Daniel (one of the investors). It was a pretty long email but one little snippet I'd like to share:
"If there are any people with non-functional games out there, please guide them to us. We should know about them all, but you never know. We need all the help we can get."

Does that include the prototype boards and such? If so, Here I am!

#840 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

It was my money and many others that helped get your game built. Despite your comments and assumptions , i hope you enjoy your game. Id rather stick together with my fellow owners / prospective owners to share information and help. Sorry i annoy you with my search for information.
Your advice to the new owners is ridiculous and comes off as a jab at me. Unfortunately i pulled the plug just before there was this major announcement , so yes i have been guilty of trying to get info as quickly as possible (to the new investors) to SAVE my order . i did panic , so to speak , but Heighway was unreachable for too long.
This situation has caused a lot of stress and i am hoping for a positive outcome for everyone.
I posted information to help people , not get accused of being a wishy washy order trying to gain an edge on the new investors. I see you are also trying to benefit from the minute by minute information provided here to help with your problem. Good for you.
In the future if i get my game , i will be one of the people posting whatever information i can to help. I hope you and others will do the same.
play on !!
Ed Z

Pre-ordering isn't for you. It's not for me either. I almost sent money on this and/or Lebowski but both times said I couldn't deal with not knowing when my money would yield what I bought. Yes, I'm here for updates. I sent an email to two relevant people and I'm fine with that. They'll get to me when they get to me and not a minute sooner. Email bombing them isn't going to speed up the process.

#938 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

....progress....
Nitro graciously loaned me the Alien that was at NWPAS. I'm testing the s*** out of it. There are issues that are being fed back to Wales to insure that when production resumes these games will be robust. Of course I am having my first chance to review the sound package while flipping. I made some good judgments and I missed a few (first try). This is to be expected. I will be addressing these as fast as I can. While doing that I am also reviewing and testing the entire package and giving notes back to the team. This refinement stage can only be done with a machine. In the very near future all the dev team will have dev machines and this will speed the enhancement process.
If you have liked what you have experienced so far we expect that you will be even more pleased with the finished package.
ddt

Though it may be more of a video issue, the only thing I've noticed is when the mode "Combat Drop" is failed, the audio during the back & forth between Hudson ("How do I get out of this chicken isht..." and Sgt. Apone ("secure your isht Hudson") is out of sync compared to how their lips are moving in the video. I'm on 0.94.

#986 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

When the Indiana Toll Road was leased to a Austrailian-Spanish Consortium for $3.8 billion, the funds were transferred at a rate of $168 million/hour for 24 hours. DP is not worth as much so it sounds like more lies......

Two government entities in friendly countries might encounter fewer red tape hurdles and have the power to push such a transfer through faster compared to some random people with a pinball business.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Your first sentence contradicts the second sentence.
The xeno mech is the main interactive toy on the game.
If it's not working in a commercial environment where people are paying to play a game, it should be turned off with an out of order sign.

Absurd. You could not possibly have played the game.

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I know this has been covered before, but I'll say it again, just in case you missed it before.
Increasing the playfield angle actually makes the game easier in most cases. (Unless it makes ramps tough to hit.) Generally speaking, there is much less side to side ball travel, and balls are easier to catch and control on the flipper.
You should level games left to right, and set the playfield angle recommended by the designer. Usually 6.5 degrees.
A shallower angle will cause more float play with lots of outline drains.
Steeper will cause the ball to fall more predictably, and you may have more center drains.
Obviously, it depends on the pin, but generally speaking, Steeper=Harder is a misconception.

I tried it at 6.5 degrees and it was really slow and floaty like an early solid state widebody can be. Moved it to 6.8 as someone else said it plays good at that slope. Better. Put it at 7.4 and now it's no longer as floaty and still has side to side action + action in the pop bumpers so I don't think it's too high. I wouldn't go much higher than that as I had it around 8 and it lost the side to side action. 6.8-7.5 is probably optimal with this game.

4 months later
#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is being dealt with. Even though it's not my department, I keep making everyone aware of your posts and your frustration.

I'm trying not to be impatient, but my situation is similar to PartyKing's.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider agent_hero.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=agent_hero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.