wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #19 Confirmation from Heighway Pinball Posted by HeighwayPinball (6 years ago)

Post #61 One member of the investors group named. Posted by daudioguy (6 years ago)

Post #105 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Aurich (6 years ago)

Post #391 Key information provided in this article Posted by monkeyboypaul (6 years ago)

Post #536 Gives names of investors Posted by Pinballgeek (6 years ago)

Post #739 Confirmation from HWP employee about Andrew's departure Posted by SLAMT1LT (6 years ago)

Post #946 User story of receiving a refund from the new management of HWP Posted by Deluxodave (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I just don't understand why anyone would stay in this long, through all the bullshit and garbage, through things that had the whole team just vanish from the public eye (when was the last time you saw any of us comment on anything, and now all of a sudden we're popping out the woodwork) and now that there's finally some good news this is when you pull the cord?
You have no idea how many things I wish I could say that I legally cannot. But this is the most hopeful I've been about this game for a long time. So it just sucks to see that this is the catalyst for anyone to decide it's over and done.

Seems strange that you basically admit that you were ready to completely give up on Heighway as a company, yet you told nobody that you felt that way or that people should ask for their money back (instead you just quietly disappear from the Alien thread), but now that people know how close Heighway actually was to going completely under, you don't understand how they could ask for their money back just because they hadn't done so before?

You being hopeful has nothing to do with how others feel, who actually have money down and may still have a chance of getting it back.

But you obviously still have a horse in this race, since you have not been paid a dime. Obviously if everyone asks for a refund, it makes it less likely that you will ever see a dime as you put it.

Quoted from Aurich:

They're the same people who injected a ton of cash into Heighway 18 months ago. I know that money was real, it's why the company still exists. I talked to them then too, same people. They're real, I'm real. You don't know me I guess, but I would hope after all this time I at least have a rep as a real person who's provided personal service to hundreds of Pinsiders.
They didn't want to advertise the fact that they're the same people as before on purpose, because inevitably it would lead to "if you're so smart and have been around why are things so shitty?" questions, but since Andrew already blew that up there's no point in hiding it.
The answer to that is they they didn't have control over things before. Now they do. Will they fix everything? I don't know, I'm not Nostradomus. I know they're going to try, and I'm going to help as best I can instead of walking away from the whole game like I was basically doing.

Some people refer to this as throwing good money after bad.

Time will tell.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I understand all your points Rob, but you have to understand that most, if not all, HP employees (or contractors) had to sign an NDA with Andrew. This put them in an impossible situation in a public forum when things started to be tense.

So the NDA applied to Aurich then, but not now?

He gets to violate the NDA at this point because it serves his purpose? He gets to come on here and say "hey guys, things were *really* screwed up at Heighway before and I had given up on the company but I couldn't tell you that until now...because NEW INVESTOR...so don't ask for a refund!" ?

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

How many times do we have to see this scenario play out guys? The only smart ones on either side of the aisle are the ones that are leaving the building with their money intact, or that have already recieved games (I guess this is debateable given the number of HP-specific parts that might be left in the lurch if it goes belly-up). The dream of "new pinball era of prosperity" is dead, dead DEAD. It's dead? IT'S DEAD!

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead."

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless Pinside had inside information (always) this would be near impossible to accomplish.
Like Heighway. Old Heighway - bad. New Heighway - who knows?

It's not rocket science.

Pretty easy to tell when it's safe to order a pin and have confidence that you will get it. Does your distributor have one in stock? If not, will it be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer who has it in stock? Has the manufacturer shipped pins in quantity already? The answer to these questions was "no" when it came to Alien and Heighway.

Manufacturer's like Stern, JJP and probably Spooky would get votes of confidence far beyond what Heighway would have received at any point in their existence.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Months ago there was a pinsider who researched Andrew's past enterprises and posted it one of these threads. He faced criticism from a few pinsders and even Andrew himself explained that it was not relevant and you need to have failures before you can recognize a success.

It should also be noted that the Pinsider who posted those facts was perma banned from all Heighway threads.

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

It's somewhat hilarious how it works:
In normal life ( fictitious example):
friend: Jim, I found out that the mutual fund you're in is actually a ponzi scheme, they could fail if the market goes down.
Jim: THANK YOU!!!! I could have been wiped out. How can I ever repay you?
In pinball ( fictitious example):
friend: Jim, I found out that the company you preordered that pinball machine from has major financial issues, they aren't paying suppliers and you may not get your game.
Jim: GO TO ?!&!!!! Stop making up viscous rumors, what do you know? Have you actually seen these bills? No? So stop with your lies.
That's the way it works, lol.

F'in NAILED it!

#512 6 years ago
Quoted from icust298:

Don't ask for a refund or the price could go up if you want back in!! Sales tactics right out of the shitty salesman playbook. Maybe the prices will go up in the future, but they're telling you this for a specific purpose and it's not to be courteous about price changes.

I agree, but in some ways it's also kind of stating the obvious. I mean I could be wrong, but I would think one of the very few reasons for doing a pre-order is to get locked in at a somewhat better price than if you waited until they were cranking them out.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good Lord people! Speculation, speculation, speculation.
I've decided I'm only going to pay attention to posts made by current investors and current employees of Heighway pinball.
EVERYTHING else is just speculation or shit that happened on the old watch.

head-in-sand (resized).jpghead-in-sand (resized).jpg

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That the papers have not been signed yet? Well that did come straight from people who spoke directly to the new investors.

I have no doubt that you are.

But what you wrote...well, I still think ignoring all future posts on this subject by anyone other than Heighway or current investors is worthy of that picture!

#655 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

My fear and true belief is once the papers are signed and the company is rebirthed, it will have a new (similar) name.
Anyone after a refund from the original heighway that Andrew was running will be told by the new company, and in your words, "Andrew is gone so he can't refund money"
That's just how I feel.

Except Fox granted the license to Heighway Pinball. What you are talking about is a whole new company (that's the only way they could avoid all liabilities of Heighway), so they would have to get the license from Fox. That's not likely given the current situation.

Edit: I'm clueless on business laws in GB

#658 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Unless the lawyers involved for both sides post here, I'm going to go ahead and be skeptical of who is liable, who has the license blah blah. Nobody here knows. Period.

Actually, we know who is liable: Heighway Pinball (the company). Period.

Even if they change their name.

#830 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know, speaking of patience, and the Expo machines, I just want to say that everyone at the show was really amazing. I mean, those games were rough at the time. Anyone who was at the launch party can tell you how bad it was, we had napkins stuffed in the airlock scoop because they weren't ejecting properly, which meant you couldn't even start a mode! It could have been really depressing.
We were all doing whatever we could to get them up and running when they weren't on the show floor, they just weren't solid enough yet to have the public bang on them. Well, when I say we I mostly mean everyone else, some of the team can tell the story about how I never came back the first night when I wandered off to find a soldering iron.

I don't know man, it seems that you were painting a pretty different picture of Alien at Expo at the time.

Remember when I made this post:

Quoted from RobT:

Nope.
Alien is dead in the water at Expo and isn't currently playable.

...and Whysnow accused me of lying about this (in typical Whysnow the Zealot fashion), but there was this post by Razorbak corroborating my post?

Quoted from Razorbak86:

Rob wasn't lying. He posted that last night, after the Alien pins had gone down due to technical problems and had been removed from the vendor hall. They were back up and flipping today.

To which you replied:

Quoted from Aurich:

Not that it really matters, but just to correct the record nothing was pulled for technical problems, the Alien games were taken back to the private room because there was a media crew filming them and Andrew for a few hours. Gotta be careful with how rumors fly around at Expo.
Carry on with the pitchforks!

Messages Image(2912967139) (resized).pngMessages Image(2912967139) (resized).png

1 week later
#1013 6 years ago

The way things ended with Andrew and Heighway Pinball is pretty damn consistent with his prior business adventures/experience. People may remember the examples posted by Kim (Mr.68) that caused such an uproar here.

10 months later
#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

We decided to go vegan recently for health reasons
so many ailments of mine have subsided, bp dropped, minor chest & joint pains stopped..don’t have to pee in the middle of the night anymore, headaches stopped, breath and bowel movements no longer smell of death.
Not trying to get political here. Just thought I would share the health benefits I experienced

I joined the vegan club 3 months ago for reasons similar to yours (I was having a lot of stomach/digestion problems that were not going away, despite seeing doctors and given medication that didn't work). This led me to start doing my own research as I was getting pretty frustrated with how I was feeling. Going vegan was not remotely on my radar or something that I thought I would do a very short time ago (big meat eater here)!

Well, I decided to give it a try. Definite improvement 2 weeks in. 90% improvement 4 weeks in. Feeling *much* better overall now, not only with the digestion problems I was having, but in overall health, including lower BP (like you).

I gotta apologize to my buddy Rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Quoted from Astropin:

Humans are not meant to be herbivores...end rant.

Based on what? Let me guess: because we have "canine" teeth?

Anyway, back on topic: Andrew Heighway sucks.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The digestive benefits are due to fiber and the best thing you can eat are leafy greens. The impact can't be overstated.
There is an easy way to validate it for yourself. Ask for a full blood test -liver function, platelet count, cholesterol, the works. Go plant based for 3 months and then ask for another blood test. Rinse and repeat. I do still eat meat, but only up to 12 oz of grass-fed organic beef. Stay away from chicken and pork and ANY processed meat. It's damn near as deadly as tobacco is.
And Andrew Heighway sucks big time.

Yep, I had blood work done when I went to the doctor for my digestive issues, so I have a great reference point to compare as the blood test was done only about 3-4 weeks before I went vegan. I was already able to see the benefits in reduced BP as I can take those measurements at home obviously, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes there will be regarding my cholesterol levels etc. Ironically, my prior blood test showed that I was borderline anemic despite eating plenty of meat, so it will be interesting to see if that changes/improves since many think that iron is hard to get being vegan.

#1407 5 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I haven't been following any of this until today and had no idea Heighway folded. But seriously, how in the Hell does this keep happening?

Many people allow the hype of their "dream theme" to control.

Not to say that they didn't go into it knowing that there were risks. Just saying that their love for the theme allowed them to take a risk that they otherwise would not have taken.

Alien - dream theme for many
TBL - dream theme for many
Zombie whatever it's called (JPop) - dream theme for many
Predator - great theme for many, plus reasonable price

#1412 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I just don't know that I buy into this notion of a "dream theme" driving this shi*. I know a lot of folks say that, but I think many get some thrills from the sense of anticipation, excitement, and being "in the club". It's kinda worth it to them even if it doesn't pan out.
I can't buy a pin just based on the theme. I've got to enjoy the play. That and I'm not willing to pay$6K+ for a pin will save me from this crap.
It was refreshing to play TNA recently. I just did not think I was going to like it. It was actually a lot of fun to play. It's cool seeing the demand for it, not because of the theme, but because it's fun. I think the hobby needs more of that kind of excitement about a pin vs. this "dream theme" notion which mostly seems to suck a lot of money out of the hobby and create bad will.

Oh, I agree that those things play a role in it as well with some people. But if you ask the guys who preordered these pins, the vast majority of them will tell you that it was based on it being a dream theme (or at least close to it).

As for TNA, can't wait for #157 to arrive!

#1419 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This was certainly the case with RAZA for me. Being a huge zombie fan, I always thought it would be so cool to have a zombie themed pin. That's why when John announced the game, I immediately jumped all over it. This was well before Stern's TWD, so I was thrilled that a pin with my dream theme was finally being built.

Exactly! I did the same thing. I sent JPop a $1500.00 deposit for RAZA and I was as excited as hell, as the Zombie theme was the one I wanted more than anything. I got out pretty early on when things were not progressing in conformance with the timeline that he had laid out, and the communication was terrible.

1 week later
#1489 5 years ago

Some assets were purchased by Pinball Brothers

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Did anyone confirm this with CT??
$108K can sink a small company!

Yeah, but CT made up for it with the huge profits that they got from JPop's CT edition of Zombie Adventureland.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
9,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RobT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball?tu=RobT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.