wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.
#401 6 years ago

Were any production parts/playfield orders ever received at the factory? Given the latest revelations it certainly sounds like the machines that shipped were cobbled together from pre-prod parts that were still on hand.

Stern, JJP, and CGC have all gleefully posted pictures of cabinets and playfields stacked up when production started; never saw anything like that from heighway.

#402 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol!
Would be awesome if there was an actual subforum for that! Then all the whiny babies that don't understand someone can have a different opinion on a game than them can go bitch to each other in one place.
I have wrote up many times why Mehtallica is one of the crappiest games ever IMHO, but they just cant grasp the idea that someone does not like their favorite title. I really did think some of these guys thumbs upping were a bit more intelligent and could #1 figure out that game opinions are entirely personal in nature and #2 that a ratings scale from 1 to 10 SHOULD actually use the entire scale. LOL, seriously... if Robin only wanted crappy games to be rated a 3 then he would have used a scale form 3-10. Damn geniuses I tell you.
these are the same people that rate everything a 3 out of 5 stars, expect teachers to only hand out As and Bs to their kids, and give green ribbons in track just for running the race. Some games just plain suck; those games get a 1.

Opinions are just fine.

It is when opinions are stated as facts that are then defended again and again. That is the issue.

#403 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Opinions are just fine.
It is when opinions are stated as facts that are then defended again and again. That is the issue.

the issue is that this is an online message board and ratings are inherently opinions...

#404 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol!
Would be awesome if there was an actual subforum for that! Then all the whiny babies that don't understand someone can have a different opinion on a game than them can go bitch to each other in one place.
I have wrote up many times why Mehtallica is one of the crappiest games ever IMHO, but they just cant grasp the idea that someone does not like their favorite title. I really did think some of these guys thumbs upping were a bit more intelligent and could #1 figure out that game opinions are entirely personal in nature and #2 that a ratings scale from 1 to 10 SHOULD actually use the entire scale. LOL, seriously... if Robin only wanted crappy games to be rated a 3 then he would have used a scale form 3-10. Damn geniuses I tell you.
these are the same people that rate everything a 3 out of 5 stars, expect teachers to only hand out As and Bs to their kids, and give green ribbons in track just for running the race. Some games just plain suck; those games get a 1.

You can rate games however you feel. That's why they are your ratings. The issue that most people take is that you go out of your way to have some strange awkward involvement in any new pinball company that you can. It's like you are obsessed with being a part of it. You then rate all of these games that these companies let you in on as a 10 and go around gushing about them being the next coming of pinball. Games from manufacturers that don't give you this treatment then get rated 1's or really low and you chalk it up to your own personal rating system of what you like. In the end it doesn't seem to have anything to do with gameplay. I mean, seriously, it couldn't if you look at some of your ratings. It's about who lets you in and a part of something.

It doesn't matter to me. If that's what makes you happy by all means go for it. But that is why you get push back and are not always received that well on pinside. Not that any of this matters in the real world.

#405 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

You can rate games however you feel. That's why they are your ratings. The issue that most people take is that you go out of your way to have some strange awkward involvement in any new pinball company that you can. It's like you are obsessed with being a part of it. You then rate all of these games that these companies let you in on as a 10 and go around gushing about them being the next coming of pinball. Games from manufacturers that don't give you this treatment then get rated 1's or really low and you chalk it up to your own personal rating system of what you like. In the end it doesn't seem to have anything to do with gameplay. I mean, seriously, it couldn't if you look at some of your ratings. It's about who lets you in and a part of something.
It doesn't matter to me. If that's what makes you happy by all means go for it. But that is why you get push back and are not always received that well on pinside. Not that any of this matters in the real world.

And therefore........ It's a shill

#406 6 years ago

And all this has exactly *what* to do with HP? You've been asked once already guys, take it somewhere else.

#407 6 years ago
Quoted from Mike_M:

Given the latest revelations it certainly sounds like the machines that shipped were cobbled together from pre-prod parts that were still on hand.

Just looking at the machines and you know they used lower quality pre-production parts to complete them. Then playing the game and watching others play and you can see the game doesn't work as intended.

Magic Girl and the existing Alien pins are very similar - they look pretty but do not work 100%.

Magic Girl has mechs that just don't work and so does Alien.
Magic Girl was cobbled together just to be shipped and so were the Alien pins.
Magic Girl owners do not have customer support and neither do Alien owners.
Magic Girl buyers actually received a machine at least. Time will tell if Alien buyers will.

#408 6 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

you are completely off base. I have games form every manufacturer rated as a 9 or higher. I rate high what I like. It has zero causation for what games we put on route. Hell, we had had a few games I rate as 1s on route before as I understand that just because I dislike them does not have any bearing on if others like them or not.

Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

And all this has exactly *what* to do with HP? You've been asked once already guys, take it somewhere else.

it has to do with HP as some of these guys are trying to infer I was paid off by Heighway to talk highly of the game. The fact is that i rate games based 100% on my opinion of them and what I like. It sure seems in hindsight that HP was pushing for jumping the line for people to pay in full but that is not the case at all with the game we got. We put in for it early on, worked out a deal and I was very clear that they were taking on risk by putting one in my hands early on. They knew I would say the truth if I thought it was a turd.

Worth note that I have not even rated Alien yet as the complete game is not done so I have not taken the time to do the full rating.

Quoted from wcbrandes:

And therefore........ It's a shill

Lets bring this back to reality... Wcbrandes is the guy that schilled legitimately the hell out of Jpop. He was an "investor" to "attempt" the get the game done. Because of him, many people opted not to take legal action, bought in or stayed in for raza/aiw, and thise people are out thousands still while he walked away with multiple Magic Girls for his efforts. If anyone is a schill, it is him... the guy that actually got something for backing a company and was paid out for doing so. He continually tries to deflect from this reality.

#409 6 years ago

It was clear to many when seeing the factory photos or the videos by Andrew, that full production was not close to starting. Many posters commented about it. There were practically no parts in view or shown and the line was clearly not a production line, but, best case, one for building a few prototypes/samples. Looking at homepin's thread, which is just doing some sample/test games, gives you a sense of how the building would be bursting with parts if full production was about to begin. the CGC and JJP threads show what a production line would look like. Not saying all lines need look the same, but, you get the point.

#410 6 years ago

Seriously, give it a rest. Go play your Alien.

#411 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Just looking at the machines and you know they used lower quality pre-production parts to complete them. Then playing the game and watching others play and you can see the game doesn't work as intended.
Magic Girl and the existing Alien pins are very similar - they look pretty but do not work 100%.
Magic Girl has mechs that just don't work and so does Alien.
Magic Girl buyers actually received a machine at least. Time will tell if Alien buyers will.

MG was 21? prototype games which were essentially whitewoods with art applied. Multiple mechs left out or half made and nothing works as they currently sit. Cobbled together to avoid lawsuit seems appropriate to say in this case.

Alien is currently 20 something games which are early production or beta units. Call them whatever you want, but basically just shy of full production. It seems the only differences in the first 20 games are the light boards and xeno mechs.

The games all work in the essential function as all mechs (aside from xeno which appears to be varying degrees of working or not existing) From the owners I have spoken with, intermittent insert lights, xeno, and in 1 case a bad pf screen are the only issues I have heard of. All owners can play the game and all shots and mechs work fine. The code is already solid and just some bugs and polish to work out it appears.

Customer support has been great for some/many originally, but it sounds like not existentant in the past few weeks.

Alien seems purposefully built with these beta units and a controlled process of working out the bugs adjustments to be set for the full production run.

I will say it appears every owner knew what they were getting and old HP team talked with them directly about state of game before they took delivery.

#412 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Ok, if you really want to talk about it Whysnow, YOU are the problem with pinside. Yourself and others like you.
Your constant brigading of companies, seemingly as an attempt to get into their good books lulls people in a false sense of security and causes them to lose money. If any negative news comes out, you are one of the first to defend it, completely blindly in some cases. You are completely ignorant of anyone but yourself and image, as shown by your attempts to tenuously link the tripe you are currently babbling on about to the topic at hand.
Seriously, give it a rest. Go play your Alien.

I appreciate your opinion even if I disagree with it. I suggest that nobody pre-order any game unless you understand the risks when putting down even a small deposit. Maybe this needs to be a tagline for me.

'The opinions in this post are just opinions. Dont get too worked up about it; it is only pinball. Dont pre-order pinball machines if you cant handle the risks. There are inherent risks in supporting boutique pinball manufacturers. Do your own reasearch and take accountability for your own actions. If you are looking to place blame for your bad choices then look in the mirror"

#413 6 years ago

Not only do they have to worry about refunds but if parts need to be ordered they'll be more expensive than they were a year ago. That will increase BOM which will force msrp to increase.

I think with the right people and right amount of money they can get things turned around but there is no evidence the right people are involved.

#414 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Worth note that I have not even rated Alien yet as the complete game is not done so I have not taken the time to do the full rating.

Quoted from Whysnow:

The games all work in the essential function as all mechs

Quoted from Whysnow:

The code is already solid and just some bugs and polish to work out it appears.

Jesus do you even read what you write or is it some kind of 'infinite monkeys at typewriters' thing? I'm getting nauseous from all the spinning around you are doing.

#415 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

wickerman you are living in cloud coo coo land the last 3 aliens that have shipped all have faults mainly the led stripes and the ball lock toy still is very hit and miss i also have never seen a ft fully working the le that came to the nlp show a year ago was turned off all weekend

Not trying to defend heighway or anything but I can attest that our Full Throttle at The Sanctum works very well. Gets played hard every week. Flippers are pushing 4 million flips each side. We had a computer issue early on and was replaced and has been very strong since. We have full throttle #2 off the line. Never a mechanical or switch issue or lighting issue yet. Only problem is a bug in the code where it locks up once and a great while. A quick reboot and it's fine again. I wouldn't say full throttles never worked.

-Jim

#416 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Jesus do you even read what you write or is it some kind of 'infinite monkeys at typewriters' thing? I'm getting nauseous from all the spinning around you are doing.

#417 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

or is it some kind of 'infinite monkeys at typewriters' thing?

Not taking sides in the argument, but for the record, I thought the comment itself was epic......I have a few places in life to use this........

#418 6 years ago

Today's forecast for the northern midwest: Periods of strong shilling and swirling winds mixed with occasional deluges.

#419 6 years ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shill

princessbride4 (resized).jpgprincessbride4 (resized).jpg

#420 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It seems the only differences in the first 20 games are the light boards and xeno mechs.
The games all work in the essential function as all mechs (aside from xeno which appears to be varying degrees of working or not existing) From the owners I have spoken with, intermittent insert lights, xeno, and in 1 case a bad pf screen are the only issues I have heard of.

It seems pretty obvious to me the first seveal Aliens delivered were indeed cobbled together with whatever parts were on hand. The Alien I picked up at TPF has a Full Throttle serial number and sticker on the back of the cabinet, with an Alien sticker on the coindoor. While my machine does have 'production boards' (except Xeno mech) ALL of the early games used 'tower GI' lighting (small PCB with multi LED's). I have heard from Heighway that they are scrapping this idea, and going back to the RGB LED's they used on FT. Assuming we will someday get these parts, it won't be a simple 'replace a bulb' fix, as you have to remove all the boards under the playfield to access the GI.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Customer support has been great for some/many originally, but it sounds like not existentant in the past few weeks. Alien seems purposefully built with these beta units and a controlled process of working out the bugs adjustments to be set for the full production run. I will say it appears every owner knew what they were getting and old HP team talked with them directly about state of game before they took delivery.

You make it sound like all this was part of Andrews' master plan. I suspect he was grasping at straws. I talked to Andrew in person about the Alien I took home from TPF. However, in hindsight it appears he was not being completely honest. I asked specifically about the timeline for the updated xeno board (it was just a board at that time - found out later that the entire mech has to be updated, not just the board). I asked "will it be days away, weeks away, or months?" He replied "Oh, it won't be months - should be very, very soon). Honestly, he may have said "a couple weeks". ...and of course - no mention about the GI issues at that time.

Turns out they were still working to resolve all these issues. As I was waiting for the updated Xeno mechs/boards, I was also experiencing some other issues with lighting, and yes - my playfield LCD went out. I have been emailing with Helmut, and to his credit he usually does reply promply. Unfortunately, I get the impression his hands are tied, ESPECIALLY when it comes to sending out replacement parts. I have asked many times for an update on when I could expect the new xeno mech and updated GI LEDs, as I can not update the code on the game until the new hardware has been installed. ...to date, I have no idea when this may come. As for the LCD, I have checked, double checked and triple checked connections (as suggested by Helmut)...but I'm not making any progress there either.

Overall, I am still happy with the game. But to say everything is just perfect - peaches and cream - in the world of Heighway Pinball ownership is a bit of a reach.

#421 6 years ago

I think everybody here knows what that word means and can spot a shill when they see them. Perhaps you need to brush up on it.

#422 6 years ago

Shame they didn't post earlier.

hp (resized).pnghp (resized).png

#423 6 years ago

If you shill a ton, that makes you a Shillton

#424 6 years ago

So you prefer "Stooge" instead of "shill".

Me too.

#425 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

You make it sound like all this was part of Andrews' mater plan.

I thought it was. That was my understanding.

I saw the plan as get the pre-production units out to beta testers, make adjustments (light boards and mutiple xeno revisions?), and then build the first full production run.

Quoted from SunKing:

Overall, I am still happy with the game. But to say everything is just perfect - peaches and cream - in the world of Heighway Pinball ownership is a bit of a reach.

Definately not peaches and cream, but Helmut has always been available when I needed him at onset (I have not needed any support after the first month and just been waiting on revised xeno board and final light boards for the past 2 months). The US team has also been spectaculor with help and discussions during the entire process.

#426 6 years ago

The US team isn't manufacturing the game. That is where the issue is.

#427 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The US team has also been spectaculor with help and discussions during the entire process.

This I agree with 100%. David and Joe have been great.

#428 6 years ago

Any scuttlebutt on who will be the new CEO? The Pinballnews article sounded like that hasn't been decided.
I thought whysnow was more of a fanboi; seems like everyone knows this, so what's left to say?

#429 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I talked to Andrew in person about the Alien I took home from TPF. However, in hindsight it appears he was not being completely honest.

That POS hadn't been honest on this forum in months. All the "getting ready for full production" and "two more weeks" was always a lie to keep more people from bailing.

#430 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I thought it was. That was my understanding.
I saw the plan as get the pre-production units out to beta testers, make adjustments (light boards and mutiple xeno revisions?), and then build the first full production run.

Definately not peaches and cream, but Helmut has always been available when I needed him at onset (I have not needed any support after the first month and just been waiting on revised xeno board and final light boards for the past 2 months). The US team has also been spectaculor with help and discussions during the entire process.

For what it's worth, my game plays flawless with all mechs as intended.
No Zeno Issues
No Lightboard issues

In my opinion, the Gameplay is A+++++
The Coding is extremely well done and complex
The Sound is amazing (David always Delivers)

Those who ride out the storm will really love the game!!
Time will Tell

Let's hope this ship gets turned around

#431 6 years ago

From the article: "Shill can also be used pejoratively to describe a critic who appears either all-too-eager to heap glowing praise upon mediocre offerings, or who acts as an apologist for glaring flaws."

Yep, sounds about right.

#432 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

For what it's worth, my game plays flawless with all mechs as intended.
No Zeno Issues
No Lightboard issues
In my opinion, the Gameplay is A+++++
The Coding is extremely well done and complex
The Sound is amazing (David always Delivers)
Those who ride out the storm will really love the game!!
Time will Tell
Let's hope this ship gets turned around

From me just keeping track, it seems yours is the first full 'production unit'

I would love to see some closeups of your xenomech, xeno board, under pf light boards (w revision number), and GI towers or tubes being used. Would be great to see the changes from #2 to your game (which seems to be in the early 20s?).

From discussions with HP team originally I seem to remember them tossing around the 20# as the beta units and post 20 being 'production'.

Even with all the stuff happening on the production side, it seems those that have the game all agree that the game has all the parts to be awesom if/once they get produciton under control.

#433 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Not trying to defend heighway or anything but I can attest that our Full Throttle at The Sanctum works very well. Gets played hard every week. Flippers are pushing 4 million flips each side. We had a computer issue early on and was replaced and has been very strong since. We have full throttle #2 off the line. Never a mechanical or switch issue or lighting issue yet. Only problem is a bug in the code where it locks up once and a great while. A quick reboot and it's fine again. I wouldn't say full throttles never worked.
-Jim

Full Throttle is being re-invented as a train wreck in this mess of a thread. Mine has been flawless which proves their model worked when they had their shit together. Hopefully that bodes well for the re-boot. If the bones of Alien are as solid as Full Throttle it shouldn't take a lot to finish it...then they just have the issue of pumping them out.

It'd be nice to hear more details of how they plan to do this going forward so we can get this thread back on track. Perhaps you guys could have your personal fights in a dedicated thread?

#434 6 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

-Jim

Yeah, seems people are trying to reinvent reality. The Full Throttle we had on route also got heavy play and worked great. ONLY issues we ever had were a broken auto plunger early on and one broken standup target. We had the ocassional bug where after a 4 player game it would only show player 1 score (stunk for tourney nights).

Quoted from Wickerman2:

Full Throttle is being re-invented as a train wreck in this mess of a thread. Mine has been flawless which proves their model worked when they had their shit together. Hopefully that bodes well for the re-boot. If the bones of Alien are as solid as Full Throttle it shouldn't take a lot to finish it...then they just have the issue of pumping them out.
It'd be nice to hear more details of how they plan to do this going forward so we can get this thread back on track. Perhaps you guys could have your personal fights in a dedicated thread?

I agree that the succesful design of Full T bodes well that the foundation is strong if the new owners can make manufacturing happen.

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would love to see some closeups of your xenomech, xeno board, under pf light boards (w revision number), and GI towers or tubes being used.

you don't deserve to see nothing man! I don't know you from a hole in the ground but your credibility is completely gone. Everything you say get negative votes, everything negative said about you gets positive votes! At some point you have to pull your head out of your ass & realise it's YOU who is the problem. Maybe take a day or two off this forum. Your ratings, opinions and general views on pinball are not shared with anyone on here. You need to take a break and make like Michael Jackson.. BEAT IT

#436 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

you don't deserve to see nothing man! I don't know you from a hole in the ground but your credibility is completely gone. Everything you say get negative votes, everything negative said about you gets positive votes! At some point you have to pull your head out of your ass & realise it's YOU who is the problem. Maybe take a day or two off this forum. Your ratings, opinions and general views on pinball are not shared with anyone on here. You need to take a break and make like Michael Jackson.. BEAT IT

lol

you do realize that the downvote brigade is the same 6-10 people for the most part that have been down voting me for years...

I find it amusing.

#437 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Full Throttle is being re-invented as a train wreck in this mess of a thread. Mine has been flawless which proves their model worked when they had their shit together.

I'll also affirm mine has operated fine since delivery August 2015.

I do think there's hope for Alien and Heighway. They have a game that people will buy, and hopefully sell some Full Throttle kits as well to new Alien customers. Their system is good and reliable, and if they can produce spare parts to buy I think that will solve most problems, along with the cash injection.

#438 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol
you do realize that the downvote brigade is the same 6-10 people for the most part that have been down voting me for years...
I find it amusing.

Jesus Hilton you are taking a beating in here. Predator all over.

On topic I think it's a cool ass theme and hope everyone either gets a refund or gets the game

#439 6 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

Jesus Hilton you are taking a beating in here. Predator all over.
On topic I think it's a cool ass theme and hope everyone either gets a refund or gets the game

Hilton can post to a thread and get a dozen negatives almost instantly. Someone else can post a nearly identical sentiment moments later and have half a dozen positive thumbs by the end of the day. Honestly, the AntiHilton cult is at least as annoying as some of his worst over the top egomaniacal defensiveness.

It's like watching CNN.

#440 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol!

I find it fascinating that you have uncanny ability to be on the wrong side of so many different topics. Amazing.

#441 6 years ago

Keep in mind though, it took a long time for Hilton to build up all that goodwill. Vouching for Kevin Kulek (well past what any sane person would do) is hard to forget or forgive. He rode Kulek's jock for years - and that kind of stank doesn't just wash right off.

Quoted from navajas:

Hilton can post to a thread and get a dozen negatives almost instantly. Someone else can post a nearly identical sentiment moments later and have half a dozen positive thumbs by the end of the day. Honestly, the AntHilton cult is at least as annoying as some of his worst over the top egomaniacal defensiveness.
It's like watching CNN.

#442 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

I have been emailing with Helmut, and to his credit he usually does reply promply.

He does? Lucky you I guess.

Edit: I have no skin in Alien, although Alien is why I purchased my previously owned FT. The Alien series is one of my wife's favorite franchises and I figured she would love to have an Alien pin. But my experiences in trying to acquire spare parts for my FT made the prospect of buying an Alien kit dim considerably.

Besides fixing Alien and getting production up and running, the real measure of the success of the "new" HP will be how they respond to servicing games already produced. You know, basic pinball company stuff.

Things like:
Generating a manual for a game that has been out for what? 2 years?
Actually answering customer support emails in a timely fashion.
Having parts in stock to service/repair machines
Etc...

#443 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I can't let this post stand as it is nonsense.
Yes most of the existing delivered machines have had a fault with the Xeno mech. The mech was not tested sufficiently before shipping game number one and in the wild HP discovered that it had fatal flaws. New companies make mistakes, big mistakes. However even without a working Xeno mech the game plays and plays well. The Xeno mech has been completely re-implemented and a small number of the lastest machines have been shipped with that mech. All existing machines will be upgraded to the new Xeno mech I have been assured.

Quoted from PoMC:

Nonsense once again. AH customer service has not always been great but it has been there, Helmut and others have been making the best out of a bad situation. HP customers have had support and new management will make it much better.

Quoted from PoMC:

There are hours and hours of Alien Twitch feeds from pins in Wisconsin, Indiana, England that show people playing delivered machines. More Alien pins are in the hands of customers than Magic Girl and at least you can see the entire LCD when playing Alien!

I mostly lurk on Pinside and rarely engage but this comparison irritates me. The last Magic Girl video I saw features mainplay and ..... Alien has AlieN and AlienS mainplays, 8 modes, 2 mini-wizard modes, 5 multiballs, >15 possible combo shots, 5 Gun play modifiers, 5 skill shots all implemented with full production AV assets. To compare it to MG is ludicrous.

Quoted from PoMC:

Not true. The first Alien pins don't suffer from a collection of cobbled together parts but rather a lack of testing of the selected parts. Pushing the pins out the door to keep things going hoping that everything works as it has in the factory was a mistake. Moving forward this will not happen again.

I understand the frustration with the production of Alien Pinball by Heighway Pinball. The developers share that frustration. However, I will not stand by while nonsense is posted based on that negative energy.

For what it is worth and I speak for myself I am very hopeful that the new men at the helm of Heighway Pinball have the energy, acumen, and resources to fix the problems at Heighway Pinball.

Yes long before I was associated with this project there was nonsense foisted on the pinball community by Heighway Pinball and it may be fair that some of that is being pushed back.

Finally Alien is green Magic Girl is purple. Not at all alike.

ddt

#444 6 years ago

I wish HP the best of luck for the future. Keep it up!!

#445 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

The sad part is, on more than one occasion ex-employees came forward to try and warn people what was going on, only to be labelled 'sh*t stirrers' or 'people trying to take down his company':
Remember these?

No.....I don't remember these threads, because I'm not on Google Groups.

But if I HAD seen this information back in Sep 2016, I would have bailed in a HEARTBEAT! I certainly would not have sent my final payment.

It really burns my ass that those who tried to wave a red flag were labeled as troublemakers with an agenda & banned by moderators from the Alien thread. I'm sitting here turning red reading this bullshit, because I'm not an "insider" with privileged information & I literally had no clue to what was really going on. I even sympathized with Andrew that people were unjustly trying to ruin his company. Well it's clear that he did that all on his own.

I've had my doubts over the last 2 years, but since this was a dream theme, I basically ignored them. But sweeping legitimate concerns under the rug is a disservice to all pinsiders, and it's disgraceful that it continues to happen. I'm so over it.

Where the hell is my $8K refund huh? I want no part of this company, new/old or otherwise. It's a shame because a lot of good people have worked hard to turn this into a pretty cool game. I'm just over it, and I think most people can sympathize.

#446 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

No.....I don't remember these threads, because I'm not on Google Groups.
But if I HAD seen this information back in Sep 2016, I would have bailed in a HEARTBEAT! I certainly would not have sent my final payment.
It really burns my ass that those who tried to wave a red flag were labeled as troublemakers with an agenda & banned by moderators from the Alien thread. I'm sitting here turning red reading this bullshit, because I'm not an "insider" with privileged information & I literally had no clue to what was really going on. I even sympathized with Andrew that people were unjustly trying to ruin his company. Well it's clear that he did that all on his own.
I've had my doubts over the last 2 years, but since this was a dream theme, I basically ignored them. But sweeping legitimate concerns under the rug is a disservice to all pinsiders, and it's disgrace that it continues to happen. I'm so over it.

If I recall, the threads Sonny Jim is talking about were unsubstanstiated reports from new accounts posted by disgruntled ex-employees (or people claiming to be), who obviously had a huge axe to grind. I don't think I would consider them legitimate. At the time, came off as bullsh*t. I also don't read Google Groups, I am pretty sure it is all in this thread or somewhere else on the forums.

As for Andrew, I am personally cutting him some slack. Startups fail all the time. At the end of the day, he did what was right and rather than just declare bankruptcy and shut everything down he has brought in more money and given up control of his own company. My bet is that no one feels worse or has lost more in this whole thing than Andrew has.

Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

Where the hell is my $8K refund huh? I want no part of this company, new/old or otherwise. It's a shame because a lot of good people have worked hard to turn this into a pretty cool game. I'm just over it, and I think most people can sympathize.

This to me is the most important part. People who have money into distributors or into Heighway who want out now should get their refunds ASAP. Once they have been made whole the company can move on. Until that is done and people can be assured that their money is not at risk the new Heighway pinball will be fighting a battle they can't win.

#447 6 years ago
Quoted from Silver_Bullet:

Keep in mind though, it took a long time for Hilton to build up all that goodwill. Vouching for Kevin Kulek (well past what any sane person would do) is hard to forget or forgive. He rode Kulek's jock for years - and that kind of stank doesn't just wash right off.

If you think I'm someone who needs to be educated or reminded about Predator you have a short memory or weren't very involved. And yet, somehow, I was miraculously able to come to my own conclusion despite WhySnow's input. All this constant bitching and did anyone, ever, make a $6000+ decision based on Hilton's opinions?

Block him already or shut up about it, Jesus Mohammed Abraham Vishnu Christ.

Listening to Kaneda jokes and people shit on WhySnow is like being around a bunch of nerds laughing at each other's Princess Bride quotes that every single one of them had already heard a million times by 1989.

God damn man, every fucking thread..

#448 6 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

If I recall, the threads Sonny Jim is talking about were unsubstanstiated reports from new accounts posted by disgruntled ex-employees (or people claiming to be), who obviously had a huge axe to grind. I don't think I would consider them legitimate.

True, but it would have at least given me pause about sending them more money. Hindsight is a bitch I guess.

At this point, I just want to receive direct contact from these new investors/new CEO. Paying customers deserve information, as soon as it's available.

#449 6 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

At this point, I just want to receive direct contact from these new investors/new CEO. Paying customers deserve information, as soon as it's available.

Hear hear!

#450 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

Finally Alien is green Magic Girl is purple. Not at all alike.

I love that you still have a great sense of humor through this all!!!

I hope we can meet up and hang out some time in the future. Would love to play some pinball (specifically Aliens) with you and just nerd out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/9?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.