wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.
#301 6 years ago

I believe the email was sent out end of September/early october, saying that production was starting and to pay up in full. Roughly the same time Hydrofoils UK popped up:
https://twitter.com/HeighwayPinball/status/784719874140540928
https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10370844

#302 6 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

At this point I'm reasonably confident that Alien gets made, but nothing about the new owners suggests they know how to run the business any better.
To me, the biggest red flag is the number of DEAD Full Throttle machines. Those customers are currently hostage to Heighway to get the games working. This really brings to the forefront the risk with small company proprietary systems. So, what if Heighway gets Alien out and then goes belly up? Is everyone at risk of having DEAD Alien and Full Throttle games?
If a 30 year old Bally/Williams game dies, there are people and ways to get it running. Honest question: what will be the case with a Heighway game if their company implodes? I've been really wanting an Alien with a Full Throttle kit, but the obvious inability to run a pinball business and numerous FT customers with non-functional games makes me really nervous to jump in, regardless of whether Alien makes it out the door.

This is my biggest concern. Although I love everything heighway pinball is attempting to do.... I find it extremely risky investing in one of thier games at the moment. Without knowing how long the company will last I am fearfull investing in a game where parts might be non existent in a couple years.

#303 6 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

This is my biggest concern. Although I love everything heighway pinball is attempting to do.... I find it extremely risky investing in one of thier games at the moment. Without knowing how long the company will last I am fearfull investing in a game where parts might be non existent in a couple years.

I'm going to repost my comment from the other thread since it seems relevant to your (and others) primary concerns.

This was in response to someone comparing these investors to JPOP's investors but I think it addresses your issue also:

"JPOP was NOWHERE NEAR this far along. A few tweaks (and a LOT of parts) and they should be able to start cranking these out. They have a FACTORY (JPOP...no factory). They have a fully (or nearly so) functioning machine with code! All they need is a little time and a lot of cash. I think they know EXACTLY where they sit on this which is why they decided to pull the trigger and go for it. Fully licensed and approved design; popular theme; a factory and enough people who do still want it. And you just know more will jump in if these really do start to roll out of the factory at a good clip."

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

That's horseshit and a misrepresentation. There are a handful of people that for the most part have normal everyday pinball issues and were looking for answers. Many found those answers, some did not--especially lately. The person with the cpu problem is probably pissed to be sure.

That sounds like a lie, but if it's not you've had some bad luck I guess.
I've had the game a year and the only issue I had was a plunger tip that broke. Other than that, it all works. I updated the software when they released an update...all normal pinball stuff. I've talked to tech support via email a few times with questions and they always got back fast.
It's OBVIOUS to everyone now that they started having response issues recently and anybody that needed customer service was getting ignored. That sucks and it's wrong.
I can speak for my game and my game only. It's built like a tank. It plays GREAT. It's the fastest game I own. The playfield is beautiful, the side art lit up is awesome. I love it. I was looking forward to swapping in many titles in the future. Hopefully that will still happen. If it doesn't I'll be as bummed as anyone.
You are on some sort of vendetta I guess? Do you have fun kicking someone when they are down? As far as I can tell you have ZERO skin in this game and are only on this thread to be negative, no offense
Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY!
PS It's just pinball...it's supposed to be fun. Don't be a fun sucker, fun suckers suck.

wickerman you are living in cloud coo coo land the last 3 aliens that have shipped all have faults mainly the led stripes and the ball lock toy still is very hit and miss i also have never seen a ft fully working the le that came to the nlp show a year ago was turned off all weekend

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Can I see a copy of this email DEMANDING payment?

This is what I received on 10/9/16:

Further to our email at the beginning of September, we are pleased to inform you that we have received approval from 20th Century Fox and it is full steam ahead for the commencement of Alien Pinball production!

As promised, please find attached the official game flyer. On Thursday 13th October 2016 at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time our new website will go live: www.heighwaypinball.com Here you will be able to see our brand new promo video for Alien Pinball, plus many high resolution photos of every angle of the game.

Payment

As previously advised and as per our payment terms, we now request you make your next payment; this can be as per the instalment agreement or if you wish you can pay in full.

Shipping upgrades can be purchased along with optional extras from our new website at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time on Thursday 13th October 2016 when it goes live.

In order to avoid fees and charges, we recommend making your next payments via bank transfer to our UK bank account:

**removed**

*PLEASE NOTE*
As a reference, It is important to put ‘Heighway Pinball’ first and then your full name. Without this information we cannot track your payment.
If possible, please email a receipt back to me; I shall issue you an order confirmation when payment is confirmed.

However if you wish to pay by Worldpay, I have set up the following link for you to make payment.

**Removed**

Or if you wish to pay by Paypal, please advise and I shall email you a Paypal Money Request instruction.

#306 6 years ago

I had been dealing with Heighway only a few weeks ago and this Morgan (sales) was very pushy towards full payment to "Bump my machine to the top of the list of production" "guaranteeing me my game first"

I find this very deceptive behaviour if they were having troubles behind the scenes. I guess I should have suspected something when Andrew stopped being the one behind the keyboard.

I want this machine to go ahead but would wait to buy from a distributor. It's like Bumper Action here and the debacle that was JJP when they needed cash to keep going. No money up front for me anymore. Enough is enough.

#307 6 years ago

The new investors are ARA - They've given up on Dutch pinball LOL!

#308 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I should have suspected something when Andrew stopped being the one behind the keyboard.

I felt the opposite about Andrew being behind the keyboard, shouldn't his sales team be handling most of the questions? I didn't get any pushy sales from Morgan.. I was told about paying in full to get to the front of the line, but it was more of a FYI at least from my point of view.

#309 6 years ago

Sounds more like a last ditch to save their investment then a rebirth. I hope they are able to pull it off for the sake of all involved. People are going to have to be reasonable with their expectations though. Refunds and getting games built quickly are not likely. There seems to be several issues that need to be addressed. Once fixed all of the parts for production have to be ordered. Then a line setup and test machines slowly built. Then production slowly starts. This is going to take several million $ and likely 6-12 months just to get rolling. JJP was in a similar state and look how long it took from investment time to production of TH. That was from a company that had already made a few thousand games and knew how to setup a line and build them.

#310 6 years ago

As someone who wants Alien, and Full Throttle, and possibly future kits to swap in...I really hope the cash infusion gives Heighway time to step back and get the games 100% before they start shipping. I know a lot of people want them to ramp up production now, but the game quality seems so shaky to me. You could sense the desperation the last few months where every show they were throwing shit against the wall to see what stuck. I still don't think we've seen a fully complete, fully functional machine with all production parts, have we?

Pushing forward might be the best short term solution as a cash grab and to appease people before the company implodes, but it feels like the games aren't as solid as they should be. Lunging ahead seems short-sighted. If they are really in this for the long haul, I hope they use the new cash to take a breath and make sure Alien is as close to 100% rock solid and complete as it can be. Then blow them out the door. To me this seems like the only real chance for Heighway to be around for a game 3.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

wickerman you are living in cloud coo coo land the last 3 aliens that have shipped

Chris-Please re-read my post, it talked about my Full Throttle game. Not Alien. As for a Full Throttle at a show you went to that didn't work that one time...sorry. If every single Full Throttle was dead or riddled with problems I am certain pinside would highlight it. I haven't seen that and I follow the game since I own it, play it, like it. Currently having no problems and haven't had any problems. I mentioned the few that I have heard of and their issues and the lack of service they were getting due to the current situation. Maybe I am "coo coo" though...maybe just lucky. Who knows? I am hoping the company reboot gets things going. I have no idea what you are hoping happens.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

This is what I received on 10/9/16:
Further to our email at the beginning of September, we are pleased to inform you that we have received approval from 20th Century Fox and it is full steam ahead for the commencement of Alien Pinball production!
As promised, please find attached the official game flyer. On Thursday 13th October 2016 at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time our new website will go live: http://www.heighwaypinball.com Here you will be able to see our brand new promo video for Alien Pinball, plus many high resolution photos of every angle of the game.
Payment
As previously advised and as per our payment terms, we now request you make your next payment; this can be as per the instalment agreement or if you wish you can pay in full.
Shipping upgrades can be purchased along with optional extras from our new website at 9.15pm US CENTRAL time on Thursday 13th October 2016 when it goes live.
In order to avoid fees and charges, we recommend making your next payments via bank transfer to our UK bank account:
**removed**
*PLEASE NOTE*
As a reference, It is important to put ‘Heighway Pinball’ first and then your full name. Without this information we cannot track your payment.
If possible, please email a receipt back to me; I shall issue you an order confirmation when payment is confirmed.
However if you wish to pay by Worldpay, I have set up the following link for you to make payment.
**Removed**
Or if you wish to pay by Paypal, please advise and I shall email you a Paypal Money Request instruction.

Exactly as I expected...a request for another installment is not a DEMAND for payment.

#313 6 years ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

I had been dealing with Heighway only a few weeks ago and this Morgan (sales) was very pushy towards full payment to "Bump my machine to the top of the list of production" "guaranteeing me my game first"

Quoted from Kneissl:

I was told about paying in full to get to the front of the line, but it was more of a FYI at least from my point of view.

So, to get in new money a few weeks ago, they were offering people who paid in in full now (or a few weeks ago) to jump people that paid in in full last September when Andrew claimed production was starting in order to get you to send in money? Andrew had to know he wasn't going to be starting up the line even three weeks ago (he knew he needed a bail out then)...so the next person who would have called in would have likely been offered to jump you two...

That is just as dishonest as the DP guys and their alleged board delays when ARA stoped releasing the games. Worse in some regards, at least the DP guys had a big batch of games actually made and thy were scrambling to get the money to pay for them to be released (not get the money to pay for them AND build them).

I'm sorry for you guys that had money in on this project and have to deal with these people and their stories.

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, to get in new money a few weeks ago, they were offering people who paid in in full now (or a few weeks ago) to jump people that paid in in full last September when Andrew claimed production was starting in order to get you to send in money? Andrew had to know he wasn't going to be starting up the line even three weeks ago (he knew he needed a bail out then)...so the next person who would have called in would have likely been offered to jump you two...
That is just as dishonest as the DP guys and their alleged board delays when ARA stoped releasing the games. Worse in some regards, at least the DP guys had a big batch of games actually made and thy were scrambling to get the money to pay for them to be released (not get the money to pay for them AND build them).
I'm sorry for you guys that had money in on this project and have to deal with these people and their stories.

I was never offered "to jump the line" and I've only been in since March. I was never asked for any additional funds. And I've had multiple emails from Andrew and others at highway over that time frame.

#315 6 years ago

It would be cool if there was a Pinside Confidence rating for each manufacture. Like a Pinside seal of approval for companies like Stern or Spooky and warnings for companies not meeting a certain standard. It seems like there was time where you could get thread ejected from Heighway topics for being critical... or at least pushed out by cheerleaders. Look where we are now. Pinside is a trusted resource by lots of people and maybe it's time the site takes a bigger role in protecting people's money. Not because they have to, but because it's the right thing to do.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

It would be cool if there was a Pinside Confidence rating for each manufacture. Like a Pinside seal of approval for companies like Stern or Spooky and warnings for companies not meeting a certain standard. It seems like there was time where you could get thread ejected from Heighway topics for being critical... or at least pushed out by cheerleaders. Look where we are now. Pinside is a trusted resource by lots of people and maybe it's time the site takes a bigger role in protecting people's money. Not because they have to, but because it's the right thing to do.

Basically, Pinball should be like it used to be and is going back to; Go to a distributor, a real brick & mortar building, They show you the machine/box, you inspect, you lay down cash (ok, maybe a credit card and Operators get Net 30 with established credit) and you take your machine. Delivery is optional.

Screw the prepay. I don't care if the machine is a Seinfeld theme, no pre-pay or deposit. Cash & Carry. Period.

These upstarts can do what Bally, Gottlieb, Genco, Williams did. Get investors to back them and reap rewards later. Otherwise, it's a barrier to entry/survival of the fittest. Not everyone can be a brain surgeon and not everyone can design, develop and manufacture pinball machines.

#317 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Unless Pinside had inside information (always) this would be near impossible to accomplish.

Like Heighway. Old Heighway - bad. New Heighway - who knows?

#318 6 years ago

This pre-pay crap has to stop.....period. As stated above, the only real protection is to never place money down again without a game ready to ship..... This started in pinball because of the start-ups being under funded and trying to raise cash. It doesn't matter if it is Stern, JJP or Heighway, if we as a consumer will stop doing pre-orders the industry will change....but to do so we all need to stop being so greedy and the best kids on the block with the newest toys. If we all stop running to the trough, quality and content will improve...it has to. But just as with Star Wars, we all complain about the art work, yet Stern has no incentive to knock anything out of the park with people lined up to buy the pin and lay down deposits without ever playing a ball. Make then work for the cash, and you will be amazed at what you see happen.

#319 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Exactly as I expected...a request for another installment is not a DEMAND for payment.

When I was a kid, my Dad told me not to use his expensive bamboo fly rod. Got caught. 'But Dad, you said "I" couldn't use it. I didn't use it George used it and I used his rod" I knew damn well what he meant and my Dad knew damn well I did. I was a stupid kid back then.

Just had a flashback...need to adjust my weight off of my left butt cheek

#320 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, to get in new money a few weeks ago, they were offering people who paid in in full now (or a few weeks ago) to jump people that paid in in full last September when Andrew claimed production was starting in order to get you to send in money?

I didn't explain well. To clarify: To the front of the line, meaning in front of deposit buyers. Not other paid in full buyers.

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This pre-pay crap has to stop.....period. As stated above, the only real protection is to never place money down again without a game ready to ship..... This started in pinball because of the start-ups being under funded and trying to raise cash. It doesn't matter if it is Stern, JJP or Heighway, if we as a consumer will stop doing pre-orders the industry will change....but to do so we all need to stop being so greedy and the best kids on the block with the newest toys. If we all stop running to the trough, quality and content will improve...it has to. But just as with Star Wars, we all complain about the art work, yet Stern has no incentive to knock anything out of the park with people lined up to buy the pin and lay down deposits without ever playing a ball. Make then work for the cash, and you will be amazed at what you see happen.

Won't happen for a while. You have too many people here that have many dollars but not enough "common cents" so to speak, and then they get really butthurt when you point that out because their actions are the problem, and they don't want to hear about it. Special snowflake collections/got my toy first mentality everywhere here.

Heck, even I got suckered into Alien for a very short time when I saw the "games are on the line and being assembled now" video from March 2017. To me, that was close enough, and I felt pretty confident jumping in. Thank goodness I requested my refund early enough....

Fool me once.......shame on...shame on..... you...Fool me..twi....er, you can't get fooled again!

#322 6 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

I didn't explain well. To clarify: To the front of the line, meaning in front of deposit buyers. Not other paid in full buyers.

Didn't JJP have this policy as well as at pinball sales . com "First to pay is first to play"?

#323 6 years ago

Makes sense if you need to get cash flowing. The whole thing seems similar to jjp. I'm rooting for em and letting my deposit ride.

#324 6 years ago

Merge assets and capital with JJP. Pinball is hard and if you pool resources together you may be able to make a better run at it with sustainability.

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Merge assets and capital with JJP. Pinball is hard and if you pool resources together you may be able to make a better run at it with sustainability.

And why would JJP want to do this? They already have their investor and things are looking up for them.

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

And why would JJP want to do this?

There is one good reason for this (if this is on JJP´s radar).

Europe ist a not so small market and if you produce in GB you can make better prices for the buyers here.

Actually Dollar/Euro is for us in Europe very expensive to buy a toy like a pinball. Starting with Stern Pro not talking about a JJP. Thats one more big step ahead.
GBP /Euro will be very comfortable in the future (Brexit), so JJP could offer their Pins a lot less and would close more than a little bit the gap between a JJP and a Stern Pro.
A real chance for competition (with the better built product than your only competitor) would make a lot of fun and sales and profit.

So, if, it would be clever in a long term.

#327 6 years ago

Prepay will never end as long as there's a limited anything in this hobby. If they keep putting out LEs or CEs, you'll need to prepay to make sure you're in line to get one. Only if they make all models in unlimited numbers would people feel comfortable sitting back and waiting.

I feel horrible for all Alien buyers and hope they get their machines. I was REALLY close to putting a deposit down...

#328 6 years ago

Just got back from playing Alien again this afternoon.

It's still a lovely looking machine. Some really satisfying shots and an interesting layout. Video integration is good and the video screen is more reliable than the Full Throttle I've played before.

However, the game still has basic errors. Today the start button didn't work. The only way to play a game was to wait for the ball search to kick in and autofire the ball from the shooter lane. Over the 4 hours or so I was there I didn't see the Xenomorph multiball kick in (But I may have missed this).

Potentially I could still be a buyer in the future but the machine needs tweaking. Even with a new cash injection the company will need time to address the known issues.

#329 6 years ago

Earlier I listed the points I'd like to see DP-New make in the public communication and the direction I'd like taken. My framework was based based on DP-New returning all money collected and paying all vendors as a first step. Secondly it was to finalize and reveal the game. Finally, came early sales, production and distribution of the game. It was missing a point on after-sales service.

The best decision DP-New can make is ... Pay back all money collected from customers and everything owed to vendors. This will take everybody out of the business of managing their business.

#330 6 years ago

I keep being optimistic. What I would like within a couple of weeks as a SE full prepaid customer is more details on the production and delivery schedule and commitments from the management team that we can track and follow.
I dream i can play my Alien pinball this summer My priority is not to get a refund.

#331 6 years ago

All I know about reading through this thread (which I haven't really kept up with in the past) is that when I see people bash on Stern in the future its going to give me a pretty good chuckle.

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Basically, Pinball should be like it used to be and is going back to; Go to a distributor, a real brick & mortar building, They show you the machine/box, you inspect, you lay down cash (ok, maybe a credit card and Operators get Net 30 with established credit) and you take your machine. Delivery is optional.
Screw the prepay. I don't care if the machine is a Seinfeld theme, no pre-pay or deposit. Cash & Carry. Period.
These upstarts can do what Bally, Gottlieb, Genco, Williams did. Get investors to back them and reap rewards later. Otherwise, it's a barrier to entry/survival of the fittest. Not everyone can be a brain surgeon and not everyone can design, develop and manufacture pinball machines.

Oh my god YES!!!
Everybody read this and live your pinball life accordingly!!!!

#333 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

This pre-pay crap has to stop.....period. As stated above, the only real protection is to never place money down again without a game ready to ship..... This started in pinball because of the start-ups being under funded and trying to raise cash.

No one is forcing people to enter into a prepay agreement.

Months ago there was a pinsider who researched Andrew's past enterprises and posted it one of these threads. He faced criticism from a few pinsders and even Andrew himself explained that it was not relevant and you need to have failures before you can recognize a success.

I wonder if a banker would share that sentiment.

#334 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

You've got a 50/50 shot of being correct...

#335 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Unless Pinside had inside information (always) this would be near impossible to accomplish.
Like Heighway. Old Heighway - bad. New Heighway - who knows?

It's not rocket science.

Pretty easy to tell when it's safe to order a pin and have confidence that you will get it. Does your distributor have one in stock? If not, will it be drop shipped directly from the manufacturer who has it in stock? Has the manufacturer shipped pins in quantity already? The answer to these questions was "no" when it came to Alien and Heighway.

Manufacturer's like Stern, JJP and probably Spooky would get votes of confidence far beyond what Heighway would have received at any point in their existence.

#336 6 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Months ago there was a pinsider who researched Andrew's past enterprises and posted it one of these threads. He faced criticism from a few pinsders and even Andrew himself explained that it was not relevant and you need to have failures before you can recognize a success.

It should also be noted that the Pinsider who posted those facts was perma banned from all Heighway threads.

#337 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

It should also be noted that the Pinsider who posted those facts was perma banned from all Heighway threads.

Yes, pinside shelters criminal companies and silences whistle blowers.

#338 6 years ago

JJP + DP + HP join forces to make Golden Girls pin with 4 HD video screens with JPop as the designer. #thingsjustgotreal

#339 6 years ago

Plenty of offers to jump the line if paying in full. Curious, anyone else get an offer of free shipping if paying in full?

#340 6 years ago

Screw Alien, I want a hydrofoil boat

#341 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Plenty of offers to jump the line if paying in full. Curious, anyone else get an offer of free shipping if paying in full?

From Heighway...

We have been asked many times recently as to how our Limited Edition payment and production schedule works. We have tried to make this system as fair as possible. The initial list we work to is based on when orders and deposits were received.
Receipt of 50%-100% payments moves customers up the delivery schedule.
Therefore, the delivery schedule is based on the following:
1.     100%-paid customers will receive their games first - prioritised on payment receipt date
2.     50%-paid customers – prioritised on original order date AND payment receipt date
3.     Deposit-paid customers – prioritised on payment receipt date

The schedule of production has been organised by the payments of customers. This means that those customers who have paid in full for their machines will be the first to receive their machines. You are sitting in the middle of the queue. You can be moved up in this schedule of production by paying the remainder of the balance. By paying the full amount you will in the among the first 50 games. If this is something that would interest you please inform me and I will draft an invoice for you.

IMG_1947 (resized).PNGIMG_1947 (resized).PNG

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Didn't get offered free shipping but we were offered a discount for a group buy paid in full - then as of 5 weeks ago we stopped getting replies to our queries. Unsure of the reason but added to our concerns and was quite fortunate in end.

Really hoping the new management can sort out all issues, look after the existing customer and those that have prepaid, and get the game out - it's a killer theme and I hope to play some time soon

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from Manny65:

Didn't get offered free shipping but we were offered a discount for a group buy paid in full - then as of 5 weeks ago we stopped getting replies to our queries. Unsure of the reason but added to our concerns and was quite fortunate in end.
Really hoping the new management can sort out all issues, look after the existing customer and those that have prepaid, and get the game out - it's a killer theme and I hope to play some time soon

Quote from Andrew via PM "you simply pay for the game - and we will pay for shipping to your door"

It isn't cheap to ship to NZ and most would have seen this as a great opportunity. Who knows, would I have received the game? My conclusion was no and glad I never entertained the offer.

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Quote from Andrew via PM "you simply pay for the game - and we will pay for shipping to your door"
It isn't cheap to ship to NZ and most would have seen this as a great opportunity. Who knows, would I have received the game? My conclusion was no and glad I never entertained the offer.

Wow. Desperate measures to get cash in. Would have been an enticing offer - wonder how many jumped in.

#345 6 years ago

Hmmmm. I've had a $1500 deposit in from way back when this thing started. I haven't had much communication beyond a request for payment in full. And nothing to indicate that I'd skip to the front of the line. I thought that by handing over a deposit in good faith would automatically put me in the front of the line. I've tried to give them the benefit of the doubt but enough is enough. I'm getting off this coaster and getting a refund. It's Predator all over again. I think Robin should ban the practice of companies soliciting deposits on Pinside.

#346 6 years ago

WHAT THE F...!!!

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from packards34:

Too soon bro..

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Wow. Desperate measures to get cash in. Would have been an enticing offer - wonder how many jumped in.

I can't help but think how many other offers people received.

Seems Circus received his game due to the fact he was happy to powdercoat it and make it the first ever DIY "LE"

Whysnow, I would say jumped the line for the promise of a test machine in return to provide audits and pinside PR.

I'm sure all the 20+ owners so far have some sort of story to tell.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

I think Robin should ban the practice of companies soliciting deposits on Pinside.

Like the OP in this thread.
If I sell a pin through pinside does pinside receive a fee?

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from Grg:

Whysnow, I would say jumped the line for the promise of a test machine in return to provide audits and pinside PR.

I did not jump any line. We made a deal LONG ago, basically once we got our Full Throttle it was locked down.

I made no agreement for any sort of PR. I actually made a promise to say exactly what I thought of the game; good or bad; just so happens I think it is a great game so it was easy to focus on the positives with it. Agreements were to keep it running well, provide audits, provide code suggestions as I played and got player feedback. On the Heighway side, the agreement was that we get a full production playfield to drop in and swap with out pre-production/prototype pf once any bugs are worked out and things are in full swing (my request was sometime after the first 100 were out the door)

I have to say that I still love playing it and the players seem to also (would be nice if our lights worked 100% of the time and the xeno could be turned on). Aside from lights being intermittent in/out the mechs have held up spectacular. Despite all the issues they have had on the get it done front, the game is solid and has all the makings of an A list hit!

I really hope that this buy out does what is needed to make it all happen and they make the magic happen. They have got a rock star theme, playing, ruleset, and sound package on their hands. If they can clean up the bugs and produce in quantity, then I think people are going to line up to buy it still.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.