wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.
#201 6 years ago

Starting a business is not easy. Especially a mfg business that requires substancial startup investments. You never, ever use deposit money to pay overhead... ever. This is what happens. Use the deposit funds for parts and production cost (of the unit). After the product sells, what is left is you profit. It may take years for a new company to turn a profit. The investors need the staying power to stay lean and live off of other funds until profits start. It seems pretty clear what happened here, deposits were used to fund overhead and startup, now its clear no money to actually build the games.

I hope the investors are able to allocate deposits back where they belong, to each game and depositor. I would like to hear that from them.

Its concerning that the initial communication was not an email to depositors first. I know pinside puts a lot of pressure to respond, but it should first go to the depositors by direct and personal communication. I have a deposit since February, and have not received a single email regarding the status. Nothing. I have been supportive, but like others, getting close to a pullout.

#202 6 years ago

..... any rumors of the next Stern pin ?....

#203 6 years ago
Quoted from Brazy:

..... any rumors of the next Stern pin ?....

Is this the right place to discuss this ?

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Booted out by the investors, read the first post!

Um I did but it did not describe what happened leading up to this. I thought Heighway was churning along fine.

#205 6 years ago

As this information is public domain, I decided to do a quick google for one of the investors named by David Thiel in a previous post which came up with the ifpa page https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=8334 (not a bad player I have to admit) and pinball news article back in 2016 which highlighted another investor named Cato Paus Skrede http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/amusementexpo2016/index.html

#206 6 years ago

Congrats (perhaps premature) to the new Heighway team! I have some restored optimism, and I look forward to seeing how this all plays out.

#207 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

As this information is public domain, I decided to do a quick google for one of the investors named by David Thiel in a previous post which came up with the ifpa page https://www.ifpapinball.com/player.php?p=8334 (not a bad player I have to admit) and pinball news article back in 2016 which highlighted another investor named Cato Paus Skrede http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/amusementexpo2016/index.html

High Five!
A fellow collector-operator?

#208 6 years ago

i received an email many months ago to pay for my alien pin which i did. this was before the sky was falling. all i want asap is an email explaining the status of my order and an update of the same order. i will not be pulling out if the pins are gonna be made. i want an update asap! ill be a happy customer and a loyal customer going forward if i get my alien pin.

#209 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Is this the right place to discuss this ?

I figured it was going to get a chuckle... should have put my sarcasm smilely up.
I've read the whole thread so far and YES it is serious business. I'm really hoping they succeed! Need more successful companies in this business. Just threw that in as a sort of deep breath......i guess it can't all be fun

Ya paid your money ya take ya chances

Not my quote btw... hate the barker on cyclone for that

#210 6 years ago

Financials show 500k gbp debt and 26k in the bank.

Unless they have at least $5 million to put in its game over.

Get a refund as soon as you can

Remember any new owners are not liable to you, its a different company its not the same company, people don't buy companies in debt, they buy the assets and start a new company

Get these investors to personally guarantee your money???

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I wonder if this means that if you've preordered you'll likely be getting your pin, but they might not be producing supply beyond filling order of those already pre-ordered?

That would make zero sense. They would only invest more if there was an opportunity for new revenue down the road.

#213 6 years ago

I think the fairest way to sort out this is to give all the money back to people who have paid in full and deposits
the new investors have clearly a lot to sort out before proper production can begin when the 400 le are made and fully tested then people who where paid up and had deposits down are offered the chance to buy it back if they dont want it then it goes back on the market
the investors also need to sort out parts for people who have been waiting ages with un playable machines as a matter of urgency
once all the le are gone then start back on the se with no pre order rubbish i hate that have the games in stock ready to buy

#214 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

I think the fairest way to sort out this is to give all the money back

This is business, fairness has no place in the conversation.

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Financials show 500k gbp debt and 26k in the bank.
Unless they have at least $5 million to put in its game over.
Get a refund as soon as you can
Remember any new owners are not liable to you, its a different company its not the same company, people don't buy companies in debt, they buy the assets and start a new company
Get these investors to personally guarantee your money???

the sad thing is has highway pinball got any assets

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from Pincycle:

it will stay the same company

Against uk law no controlling interest foreign investors, must be uk residents

#217 6 years ago

I won't make any further comment until the deal goes through (or not). But that is simply not correct.

#218 6 years ago

But license can't be transferred, so some creative accounting I guess.

Nobody announces this crap till the ink is dry

#219 6 years ago
Quoted from chris_brim:

the sad thing is has highway pinball got any assets

of course not. assets can be seized which is instantly a loss. you lease. Cars, plant, building etc. If it all goes pear shaped you walk away...

#220 6 years ago

Not true

I do wish the naysayers would give it some time, those of us paid in full on a machine could do with some positivity. I thought people wanted competition in this industry, yet we have a load of people speculating who don't have any information about assets, what is owned, what is not etc, which can only induce panic and induce more people to request refunds or boycott the company, it's all damaging in some way.

I'm giving these new guys a week or so to get sorted before I'm overly worried

#221 6 years ago

So new owners announce Queen and get cash in to complete Alien

You can't make pinballs when you order 90% of yours parts in from us suppliers 20 at a time and retail suppliers not even the parts manufacturers.

Buy dated machinery that you don't even use.

Use mostly hobby guys from overseas to work on the game for little to no pay.

Unless the investor is telling everyone they are putting in at least 5 million and prove that investment they are done!

#222 6 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There are absolutely no plans to liquidate this company. Everyone is committed to pushing the company forward and delivering games to customers.
The Investor Group are CURRENT investors of the company - some of them have been involved for many years already. They are well-experienced and respected members of the community already - and successful businessmen in their own rights.
They are immensely passionate about the company and its products ... and moving this company forwards.

And they failed if they are current investors, you need new management and new investors with big pockets

#223 6 years ago

Nonsense.

#224 6 years ago

So new owners announce Queen and get cash in to complete Alien
You can't make pinballs when you order 90% of yours parts in from us suppliers 20 at a time and retail suppliers not even the parts manufacturers.
Buy dated machinery that you don't even use.
Use mostly hobby guys from overseas to work on the game for little to no pay.
Unless the investor is telling everyone they are putting in at least 5 million and prove that investment they are done!

How are those MM's coming along, Wayne? I love how the original grand ambassador of fucked pinball companies is always giving everyone advice.

#225 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Well written Post of the day.
Your point "Is your plan to continue the company or liquidate it?"
This exact same thing happened in Australia with the WOZ distributor "bumper action" Mark 1,Mark2 and mark3.
People couldn't get their money back because their money was with the bumper action Mark 1 company.

They didn't want people to pay distributors for that reason, so demanded money to be paid direct to Heighway , now same mess

These pre order models are done!????

Small deposit but nothing else, otherwise you are all investors

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#226 6 years ago

And they failed if they are current investors, you need new management and new investors with big pockets

How is this so hard to grasp..."they" weren't running the company, so "they" didn't fail. It seems pretty clear they were probably fed misinformation on the financial condition of the company...until it became obvious.

#227 6 years ago

Wrong again

Genius, don't even have the words for this beauty

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

How are those MM's coming along, Wayne? I love how the original grand ambassador of fucked pinball companies is always giving everyone advice.

my thoughts exactly. For People that are new or dont know...

https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/ballypinball

This is the original scammer of all pinball companies. How many years ago is it now that he took money and promised delivery of MM to people? He still has funds from some people and no games delivered last I heard.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

No one coming after me for money is there, I unlike Andrew have millions of dollars.

Its not about ego, sold the license to do what was best for pinball, could of held the assets and done nothing.

#230 6 years ago

Screenshot_20170603-113143 (resized).pngScreenshot_20170603-113143 (resized).png

#231 6 years ago

No one coming after me for money is there, I unlike Andrew have millions of dollars.
Its not about ego, sold the license to do what was best for pinball, could of held the assets and done nothing.

So when you had people's money for a decade and produced nothing, what was that about? Not ego, surely.

#232 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So when you had people's money for a decade and produced nothing, what was that about? Not ego, surely.

So bounce all you like, I never had any money personally, never spent, never used we used a trust account to hold money, unlike all these others, no trust account, no escrow etc.

Anyway I think with all the pinball companies that failed and money lost, I guess your response to this situation is to fight back at me.

Start a new topic if you like, but stick to what this thread is about.

#233 6 years ago

I literally LOL'd on this one... 'what was best for pinball...'

You cashed out after years of higher aspirations failed... and probably were burned out too.

#234 6 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

The company will have new management, new leadership

Quoted from Aurich:

Andrew already blew that up

R.I.P. Andrew Heighway

Quoted from MK6PIN:

Andrew....congrats on your passion and drive to get this thing to the finish line.

The grave talk. His balls got squahed under tons of agreement papers. A pinball martyr.

Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

To confirm, this is not a prank.

HP_INVESTOR the father

EalaDubhSidhe the son

Andrew Heighway the holy spirit

Quoted from Whysnow:

If we were all just lurkers, then it would be pretty boring around here.

Blowup needed to ease the wait. This pin has enough magic to rise from the ashes. If I need to pay more so be it. Nordman can you hear me?

#235 6 years ago

So bounce all you like, I never had any money personally, never spent, never used we used a trust account to hold money, unlike all these others, no trust account, no escrow etc.
Anyway I think with all the pinball companies that failed and money lost, I guess your response to this situation is to fight back at me.
Start a new topic if you like, but stick to what this thread is about.

So what's your point? These guys are horrible and you're just slightly less horrible? You get off on pontificating about these guys' failures, yet you're not that different. Maybe these newbs don't know your story, but you were the Heighway/Dutch/Jpop of a decade ago.

#236 6 years ago

(to follow)

#237 6 years ago

Remember how I wrote that some people will come in and try and sound like experts? They'll quote you laws, they'll tell you how much money things are going to take, blah blah blah.

Just ignore them, they don't actually know anything. There's no point in arguing with someone who's making things up, you can't learn or win, it's a waste of time.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

I understand all your points Rob, but you have to understand that most, if not all, HP employees (or contractors) had to sign an NDA with Andrew. This put them in an impossible situation in a public forum when things started to be tense.

So the NDA applied to Aurich then, but not now?

He gets to violate the NDA at this point because it serves his purpose? He gets to come on here and say "hey guys, things were *really* screwed up at Heighway before and I had given up on the company but I couldn't tell you that until now...because NEW INVESTOR...so don't ask for a refund!" ?

#239 6 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

So what's your point? These guys are horrible and you're just slightly less horrible? You get off on pontificating about these guys' failures, yet you're not that different. Maybe these newbs don't know your story, but you were the Heighway/Dutch/Jpop of a decade ago.

Great then I am famous for something, I will give you a kiss next time I am in the us.

#240 6 years ago

Game over man.

#241 6 years ago

Why not ask for a refund? You think if the company's game is a success they won't produce more games? Yeah that's how business works, when you have a hit you stop production on it.

ALRIGHT THAT WAS A GOOD ONE THAT WE COULD SELL A LOT MORE OF, TIME TO MOVE ONTO GAME NUMBER 2!!

#242 6 years ago

If the games roll, we win. If they don't, we lose. Pretty simple, w no law interpretation required. How much you win or lose depends on your investment. Makes no sense for me to ask for my $1500.00 back, as that type of money is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things (on both sides of the fence). Strictly my personal take, and would never speak for others....my money stays on black, and the wheel will spin until it stops......

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Makakka:

HP_INVESTOR the father
EalaDubhSidhe the son
Andrew Heighway the holy spirit

Wut

#244 6 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

So the NDA applied to Aurich then, but not now?
He gets to violate the NDA at this point because it serves his purpose? He gets to come on here and say "hey guys, things were *really* screwed up at Heighway before and I had given up on the company but I couldn't tell you that until now...because NEW INVESTOR...so don't ask for a refund!" ?

Can you please knock off the conspiracy attack on me? I am under contract, I have things I cannot say. Nothing has changed. I have not broken it, and I won't.

At no point have I ever been aware of the company's books, financial situation, or anything else, aside from the conversation I revealed I had with the investors the other night. I find out about games shipping just like you do, people posting that they got one. I couldn't tell you how many have shipped, I don't know. I'm sure I will at some point.

People have been frustrated, I was frustrated, but I had no magic insights into what actually happens in Wales.

You know why I stopped posting? Because I had my personal issues, I was burned out by them, and being involved in the project was depressing me. I had nothing good to say anymore, it was souring my entire enjoyment of the hobby, and so I moved on to working on my own things again. It's felt good. I'm excited about this Metallica mod, and I haven't been excited about pinball in a while.

If anyone from Heighway needed something from me I provided it, I was not sabotaging the project or being a whiny bitch, I was simply distancing myself for my own mental health. I worked on this game for over 2 years, with a lot of frustrations along the way, and enough was enough. I'm not an employee, I have my own life, a job, a family, and my own personal projects that I put on hold.

I just stopped posting in the Alien thread, I didn't make a drama good bye post, and I definitely didn't mislead anyone or say anything I didn't believe was true.

Whatever issues Andrew and I have had, at no point have I ever believed he had any intentions other than wanting to make pinballs. I would have done it differently, but it's not my company. He got to make the calls.

Now that the company is changing hands I decided I had a choice, I could either sit on the sidelines or help. I chose to help.

If you think I've been sitting on some secret bombshell you're wrong. If you think that the game is this late and behind without there being drama and frustration then I dunno what to say, of course there was. It wasn't mine to share, and it will stay that way.

If you're mad at Heighway I don't blame you, but please don't try and pin it on me.

#245 6 years ago

I unlike Andrew have millions of dollars.

Andrew ASSured me and the crowd at his Expo session that he totally funded the Heighway Pinball biz from the money he made & banked as a route operator. No outside funding was ever going to be needed. Maybe not dollars, but GBP's...

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

A new buy or questions about an existing one?

New, Top Score or Cointaker ?

#247 6 years ago

Wayne, Wayne, ohh Wayne.
Really? Its a long list. Do you want all of pinside to chime in on this?
Should we start a new thread for those problems a decade plus ago?
Best sit this one out and go play with your millions of dollars. Go build Us Wizard Blocks with all your profits. Also, when it comes to customer service your company as it sits today is clearly lacking.

#248 6 years ago

Very eloquently stated.

Quoted from Aurich:

Can you please knock off the conspiracy attack on me? I am under contract, I have things I cannot say. Nothing has changed. I have not broken it, and I won't.
At no point have I ever been aware of the company's books, financial situation, or anything else, aside from the conversation I revealed I had with the investors the other night. I find out about games shipping just like you do, people posting that they got one. I couldn't tell you how many have shipped, I don't know. I'm sure I will at some point.
People have been frustrated, I was frustrated, but I had no magic insights into what actually happens in Wales.
You know why I stopped posting? Because I had my personal issues, I was burned out by them, and being involved in the project was depressing me. I had nothing good to say anymore, it was souring my entire enjoyment of the hobby, and so I moved on to working on my own things again. It's felt good. I'm excited about this Metallica mod, and I haven't been excited about pinball in a while.
If anyone from Heighway needed something from me I provided it, I was not sabotaging the project or being a whiny bitch, I was simply distancing myself for my own mental health. I worked on this game for over 2 years, with a lot of frustrations along the way, and enough was enough. I'm not an employee, I have my own life, a job, a family, and my own personal projects that I put on hold.
I just stopped posting in the Alien thread, I didn't make a drama good bye post, and I definitely didn't mislead anyone or say anything I didn't believe was true.
Whatever issues Andrew and I have had, at no point have I ever believed he had any intentions other than wanting to make pinballs. We would have done it differently, but it's not my company. He got to make the calls.
Now that the company is changing hands I decided I had a choice, I could either sit on the sidelines or help. I chose to help.
If you think I've been sitting on some secret bombshell you're wrong. If you think that the game is this late and behind without there being drama and frustration then I dunno what to say, of course there was. It wasn't mine to share, and it will stay that way.
If you're mad at Heighway I don't blame you, but please don't try and pin it on me.

#249 6 years ago

At this point I'm reasonably confident that Alien gets made, but nothing about the new owners suggests they know how to run the business any better.

To me, the biggest red flag is the number of DEAD Full Throttle machines. Those customers are currently hostage to Heighway to get the games working. This really brings to the forefront the risk with small company proprietary systems. So, what if Heighway gets Alien out and then goes belly up? Is everyone at risk of having DEAD Alien and Full Throttle games?

If a 30 year old Bally/Williams game dies, there are people and ways to get it running. Honest question: what will be the case with a Heighway game if their company implodes? I've been really wanting an Alien with a Full Throttle kit, but the obvious inability to run a pinball business and numerous FT customers with non-functional games makes me really nervous to jump in, regardless of whether Alien makes it out the door.

#250 6 years ago

Is the plan to Bankrupt Highway pinball and start new? Are the "new people" taking on the assets and liabilities of Highway or are they ditching the company and taking the assets? Many questions I would want answered at this point if I had money in here.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/5?hl=manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.