wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.
#1501 5 years ago

Looking at the letter on pinballnews, does it seem strange that there are no consumer creditors owed 1100 pounds?

I would have thought there would be quite a few consumer creditors owed the initial $1500 US deposit that never got a refund?

#1502 5 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Looking at the letter on pinballnews, does it seem strange that there are no consumer creditors owed 1100 pounds?

I would have thought there would be quite a few consumer creditors owed the initial $1500 US deposit that never got a refund?

I find this odd also. I was out 1850 im on the list but it shows im owed the full amount of the game.

Wouldn't that be nice?!

CF03

#1503 5 years ago

Cointaker for $80,000 -ouch.

#1504 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Actually, it is worse than that. It is 80,000 British Pounds = $108,000 per rubberducks post. Sorry to see this happen to such good folks.

#1505 5 years ago

Did anyone confirm this with CT??
$108K can sink a small company!

#1506 5 years ago

The amount showing for me is actually the balance I owed rather than deposit paid. All estimates anyway as they need proof of deposit even if you’re already on the list.

#1507 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

I find this odd also. I was out 1850 im on the list but it shows im owed the full amount of the game.
Wouldn't that be nice?!
CF03

OK - that makes more sense. There are a lot of 4600ish pounds entries - that is around $6500 US which was probably the price of a standard edition. They may have simply recorded that amount for anyone that had a deposit.

Quoted from mark9:

The amount showing for me is actually the balance I owed rather than deposit paid. All estimates anyway as they need proof of deposit even if you’re already on the list.

...or this - it's showing the balance you still owed, which is strange.

#1508 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They may have some spares, but it's unlikely they'd be able to order new batches large enough to make it affordable for consumers.

Or if the china company is slick in the first place... and will sell you PinBro boards that are functionality equivalent

#1509 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Would 100 be considered a decent order? (did Heighway order much more than that)?

I think they'd still be pretty damn costly, and it would take them ages to sell those. Unless people pre-ordered them as spares.

#1510 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah, but CT made up for it with the huge profits that they got from JPop's CT edition of Zombie Adventureland.

#1511 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

I think they'd still be pretty damn costly, and it would take them ages to sell those. Unless people pre-ordered them as spares.

what is the company/contact info?

I would be happy to see what is even feasible to help out the community of owners. 100 boards is really not too many since the game uses multiples.

#1512 5 years ago

If they are ~$2,000,000 in debt here, isn’t there a strong possible chance that they were trading insolvent (is that illegal)?

If so would communications otherwise be deemed misleading, and was the way Pinball Brothers transferred assets a legal way to restructure against exposure?

I’d be grateful if anyone can answer.

#1513 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Due to all the errors where people who were owed deposits, wrongly shown as full amounts - wonder if the £80k was the amount Cointaker were going to pay but in the end they didn't?

That is my guess.

#1514 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Not the first time CT has taken a big loss. Remember a guy named John Papaduik. That did not sink them, so I doubt this one will either.

#1515 5 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Not the first time CT has taken a big loss. Remember a guy named John Papaduik. That did not sink them, so I doubt this one will either.

Shitty thing is they might not bite off on a more righteous start up in the future because of these shipwrecks.

#1516 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Could be. He may have paid in full early and was just glad to get them so he could recoup his money.

#1517 5 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

At the other end of the scale company creditor listing is conspicuously missing any Australian businesses.

Quoted from sleazius:

Wayne was the Australian distributor for Alien. He probably lost money like everyone else involved.

Yeah probably.

7 months later
#1518 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Sorry let me clarify... When the Alien pin becomes a top 5 pin, which I legitimately believe has a chance of happening (once they are produced in mass) due to the layout, rules, sound, design, art, lighting, number of shots, replayability, theme it would make a good documentary. It would be a success tale of Andrew's passion and the hurdles encountered, not disaster story.

Well, you were straight-up wrong about Alien becoming a Top 5 pin. That's for sure.

Straight up failure was the story here.

#1519 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Well, you were straight-up wrong about Alien becoming a Top 5 pin. That's for sure.

Alien might be a top 5 pin for those who were able to snag one. Damn shame on how this panned out.

#1520 5 years ago

Alien sucked. The game play was weak at best.

#1521 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

The endless multiball's get old fast like Hobbit.

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

I ‘member when multiball was THE thing you were shootin’ fer. The ultimate scoring fest... the pinacle of what the machine offered in the form of jackpots and super jackpots that put you over the top.

Now it seems they want to give you a multiball when ever you want one, but penalize you by making shots worth half their points... a ball in multiball should be worth more than just an extra sacrifice to the drain gods.

#1523 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

You haven't played recent Hobbit code - multiballs are much less frequent, and are mixed in with the way more advanced gameplay. I sold mine after playing it a few months, about a year ago. I just bought it back in November, and it's never leaving.

#1524 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I will agree that it needs some refining, but the game does not suck...its a phenomenal pinball enviorment that really immerses you in the theme

#1525 5 years ago

I have to agree, Alien was not far off from being a top 5 machine. The machine has a good foundation: Good Layout, a great license, and a unique toy. As it sits right now, it is not a bad game.

2 weeks later
#1526 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Yes, I was definitely wrong on that.

2 weeks later
#1527 5 years ago

I saw on facebook Andrew is being run out of town because his wife is being deported. fast pinballs, faster boats, and now fastest women. I still invite Andrew and his Wife to come to the states. I hear they are handing out goodies in CA if you can sneak across these days.

3 weeks later
#1528 5 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I saw on facebook Andrew is being run out of town because his wife is being deported. fast pinballs, faster boats, and now fastest women. I still invite Andrew and his Wife to come to the states. I hear they are handing out goodies in CA if you can sneak across these days.

Link? Married means she has UK 'leave to remain', surely?

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: actually, I now remember they got married in Moscow, so it's a little more complicated, I guess.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.