wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.
#1451 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Please let us know how you do and info on meeting greatly appreciated.

The meeting was pretty uneventful. There were two main points on the agenda: first to affirm that the company should be wound up voluntarily, and second to appoint a liquidator. The investor group was present, and a few of the larger creditors had submitted proxy votes, and Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency (http://mb-i.co.uk/) was unanimously elected.

One note: Registered creditors have received or will receive a detailed creditors' report, so anyone with a stake in this issue should contact MB with a proof of claim, at the very least to stay informed.

#1453 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

The meeting was pretty uneventful. There were two main points on the agenda: first to affirm that the company should be wound up voluntarily, and second to appoint a liquidator. The investor group was present, and a few of the larger creditors had submitted proxy votes, and Mark Bowen of MB Insolvency (http://mb-i.co.uk/) was unanimously elected.
One note: Registered creditors have received or will receive a detailed creditors' report, so anyone with a stake in this issue should contact MB with a proof of claim, at the very least to stay informed.

Thanks for the update.

#1454 5 years ago

Anyone else get a letter from MB Insolvency today?

#1455 5 years ago

I got one as well. No real news, but at least I got my first official communication regarding this mess in months. So I got that going for me.

#1456 5 years ago

I did. Looks like 58 customer preorders unrefunded. Around 200 Alien Machines produced

make sure to goto the website and look at that doc therin

#1457 5 years ago
Quoted from nman:

I think everyone on that list got the mail. Actually I would have thought there would be more consumer creditors.

#1458 5 years ago

I was paid in full to HP and my name was not on that list. I did get an email from MB insolvency so they know I exist. interesting.....

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I think everyone on that list got the mail. Actually I would have thought there would be more consumer creditors.

Does that mean only ~180 people even preordered?

#1460 5 years ago

I pre-paid and was not on the list either, and I did get the email. So, looks like more than 58 of us. Not sure why the list in the notice is inaccurate.

#1461 5 years ago

Where do I get this list and how do I get on it?

#1462 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Where do I get this list and how do I get on it?

Contact Mark Hunt:

[email protected]

#1463 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

Contact Mark Hunt:

Good thing his name's not Mike!

#1464 5 years ago

Looks like Wayne has some Alien machines for sale..

0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg

#1465 5 years ago

Looks like we know where the supposed Cointaker container went after all. Interesting. If true.

#1466 5 years ago

$10k US for an "as is" item. yikes. This was why Cointaker passed.

#1467 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks like Wayne has some Alien machines for sale..

"Not profiting from these"... why is that anyone's concern? Is anyone more inclined to buy if the seller is taking a loss?

#1468 5 years ago

As-is, where-is. Sounds like a Super Auctions farce.
And now 125, 200.
And now 200, 1000.
And now 1000, 10,000.
And now 10,000, 15,000.
Who'll give me a buck?

#1469 5 years ago

I knew another distributor would buy those games. It's infuriating that rather being shipped to the US for the paid in full original adopters, they instead are being sold for inflated prices overseas.

#1470 5 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Crèature Ramps are far from unobtainable. Starship Fantasy sells them and has for some time

This is great news...thanks for setting me straight on that!

...maybe they'll throw us a bone and make some ramps for FT? LOL

#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Hey guys anyone care to share the letter please? I am in the UK, I was not someone who pre-ordered, BUT - I am very interested in assisting anyone, especially overseas customers as I am a) based in UK, b) relatively new to the pinball scene, so have no real deep opinions either way - I don't personally know any of the people involved - just assessing the most recent news that is being posted concerning Heighway Pinball; c) I ran a successful business for 25 years here in the UK, so I have a better than most understanding of company law, employment law, commercial law & practices, etc.; d) I've got time to help folks, and, e) I feel that this whole fiasco is giving UK pinball a bad taint and I want to do things to help rectify that.

#1472 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

"Not profiting from these"... why is that anyone's concern? Is anyone more inclined to buy if the seller is taking a loss?

He knows he would have got flamed if he was profiting. See IMDN LE for sale by LSOG thread. Archived in 3 hours.

Makes me wonder why Wayne bought the Alien pins though.

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

He knows he would have got flamed if he was profiting. See IMDN LE for sale by LSOG thread. Archived in 3 hours.

Evil profits what's the world coming to.

#1474 5 years ago

Wayne was the Australian distributor for Alien. He probably lost money like everyone else involved.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from AlanJ:

I feel that this whole fiasco is giving UK pinball a bad taint

heh heh taint (resized).jpgheh heh taint (resized).jpg

#1476 5 years ago

perhaps he was given a cash/quantity discount.

#1477 5 years ago
Quoted from greenhornet:

perhaps he was given a cash/quantity discount.

Could be. He may have paid in full early and was just glad to get them so he could recoup his money.

#1479 5 years ago

Could be. He may have paid in full early and was just glad to get them so he could recoup his money.

We'll said

#1480 5 years ago

Maybe be a little carefull with the spreading of this data. All of the creditors addresses are in the document and in the light of privacy it might be not wise to make it too public.

#1481 5 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

Maybe be a little carefull with the spreading of this data. All of the creditors addresses are in the document and in the light of privacy it might be not wise to make it too public.

Point taken.
My post now edited,would appreciate if you could edit my quote out of your post,don't want to share a cell with Andrew

#1482 5 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Seller is also the local distro for CGC and he got raked over the coals a few months back for jacking up the RRP on AFMR compared to the rest of world pricing.

Covering the bases this time around.

Quoted from sleazius:

Wayne was the Australian distributor for Alien. He probably lost money like everyone else involved.

If this were a loss making exercise selling Alien units to the Australian pinball playing public in October 2017 you wouldn't turn around in Nov 2017 as the authorised distributor and then order more shipments of Alien units from the new manufacturer across all models in subsequent months all the way up to April 2018.

The supply basically ran out after the licence to produce did. Now that the manufacturer has gone into liquidation and considering the requirements under the ACL for repairs and spare parts guarantees with domestic sales to instead target an overseas buyer where domestic Australian law obviously doesn't apply for the remainder inventory.

#1483 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Seller is also the local distro for CGC and he got raked over the coals a few months back for jacking up the RRP on AFMR compared to the rest of world pricing.
Covering the bases this time around.

If this were a loss making exercise selling Alien units to the Australian pinball playing public in October 2017 you wouldn't turn around in Nov 2017 and then order more shipments of Alien units across all models in subsequent months all the way up to April 2018.
The supply basically ran out after the licence to produce did. Now that the manufacturer has gone into liquidation and considering the requirements under the ACL for repairs and spare parts guarantees with domestic sales it is clearly more beneficial to target an overseas buyer where domestic Aussie law obviously doesn't apply.

No wear near the prices you charge for funerals taking advantage of families , go charge another $200 for some fake flowers
Seriously calling kettle black

#1484 5 years ago

Easier just to repaste in toto from the other Alien thread.

Quoted from pinsanity:

I wouldn't know as that isn't my current employment and never has been.

Most people by now can see through the blatant self promotion and huckstering in this thread from those looking to try and make a quick buck on a product that is now given the circumstances is in all likelihood going to turn into a $14,000 doorstop in the next 12 months if not sooner.
If the US market has all but collapsed and it appears based on recent posts to be true then there is no future for this company and more importantly long term tech/parts support. A handful of units spead across Europe is not going to allow a company to retain long term solvency. Cointaker to their credit refusing to take money on new orders until there is visible evidence of game support for current owners at the manufacturer level is to be commended and is prima facie evidence of at least one distributor who has integrity.
I truly feel for those who put down deposit money in good faith all those years ago whilst queue jumpers effectively hijacked it at the eleventh hour just to make some easy cash from the unwary.
As reiterated earlier, locally at least the Australian Consumer law (goods not fit for purpose/to be free from reasonable defects/of merchantable quality et al) will be able to provide restitution from those limited number of people who will be affected down here.

#1485 5 years ago

No one has any way of disproving the whole "not profiting from these" point anyway, so it seems like a strange thing to say. It's not going to change opinions that people might already have.

#1486 5 years ago
Quoted from pinsanity:

Easier just to repaste in toto from the other Alien thread.

Well you should change your address, same as funeral home
Looks like a duck, sounds like a duck, even a street in your surname
Quack quack

#1487 5 years ago

All sounds a bit daffy when a domestic pinball retailer has the equivalent of a mental breakdown on an international pinball forum with a global readership.

Probably the main reason why I only order my pinball parts from US suppliers (with some European for specialty/hard to find parts) and have done so for many years now.

Better pricing, far superior customer service and most importantly more stable than anything locally.

#1489 5 years ago

Some assets were purchased by Pinball Brothers

#1490 5 years ago

yup - TL:DR - there is nothing really recoverable from the business... it's basically 2million in the hole with tons of preferred creditors... pre-sales people ain't getting dick

Some interesting numbers there... and of course more data supporting the idea that it was Andrew's business making decisions that ultimately made the company unsustainable no matter what.

#1491 5 years ago

Andrew is a horrible business man and his track record coming into pinball was a colorful past.
He's just a complete idiot that no one should of ever trusted. This whole venture was pretty much a ponzi scam.

#1492 5 years ago

Andrew is a horrible business man and his track record coming into pinball was a colorful past.
He's just a complete idiot that no one should of ever trusted. This whole venture was pretty much a ponzi scam.

If only you had mentioned this five years ago.

#1493 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Ramps are all solid so little concern.
Plastics are crap material and will break but that is pinball. Easy to scan and make new ones.
LCD screens are an off the shelf part
CPU and code is available
I really think the ONLY part of concern is the I/O boards (node boards) on the underside of the pf. I looked them up and one time and you were able to find spares but I honestly cant remember where and I think things changed from original Alien to current run??? That is the one and only part I would try to find spares of currently. I guess you could get a back up CPU if you are concerned also.
To me, everything else if fixable or makable if needed in the future.

the node boards alone would make me not want to own one. with a company you can't buy replacement parts from. See how well a Stern with spike system is to fix if you can't order a replacement node board anymore. Might as well throw it in the garbage by that point. The company that makes machines with boards I can service myself is the company that gets my money.

#1494 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

If only you had mentioned this five years ago.

I thought many did. At least I read that way.

#1495 5 years ago

I thought many did. At least I read that way.

Most critical analysis and comments were not on Pinside until the past 18 months. So Andrew had a good 3+ years headstart where he went unchallenged.

#1496 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Pinball News posted an article about the liquidation and financials of Heighway.
Theres a section in the article regarding company creditors with money owed to the creditors totaling nearly $2 million! CoinTaker is on there for $80k That sounds like they had paid $80k for games they then never received.
https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2018/05/10/heighway-pinball-by-the-numbers/

Repost from other thread, for visibility.

Not $80k.

£80k. As of today, $108,000.

RS Pinball were owed $148,500.

Nitro only $6400.

Assuming what the investors say is true, and they honoured all orders made (paid) since the takeover, that's a figure of at least ~$262,900 owed to the 3 main distributors at the time Andrew left the company.

Assuming also that what they say is true (about honouring paid games post takeover), then more than ~$367,750 was owed to direct (pre-)order clients at the time Andrew sold the company.

Some of the latter were refunded, or got machines, though obviously a minority. Some restitution was made in part (though obviously nowhere near whole) to distributors, too, I think.

So at the time of takeover, more than $630,650 was owing in games / potential refunds. Guessing well over $750,000.

We can pretty safely assume that cash was gone. Then there are all the other creditors. Then all the overheads, Andrew's hire or hire-purchase equipment on long term contracts (he presented all the plant machinery to me as stuff he'd bought, and most of which he'd sell when I visited). Then the unreliability and mass of work needed on the machine.

Hardly difficult to see why it became impossible to justify.

Since the Welsh government are apparently owed a round figure of £75,000, I would assume this is a grant that was given but which the company has since been deemed ineligible for (false pretences in application?). If there were any direct taxes owing (not even sure if WG levies any directly?) it probably wouldn't be such an aesthetic number. I also remember hearing figures of grant money around £75k on the grapevine. If correct, I assume this will form part of any investigations or legal action.

#1497 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Some assets were purchased by Pinball Brothers

Oof. Will be interesting to see if anyone tries/is able to unwind any of the transfers to the Pinball Bros. I know zero about it so may all have been legal, presumably was if they had competent legal advice. Of course if Heighway has a mountain of secured debt, getting assets back from the Pinball Bros. might not help the pre-order customers anyway.

#1498 5 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

with a company you can't buy replacement parts from.

Is it possible to order anything from the company that Heighway bought from?

#1499 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Is it possible to order anything from the company that Heighway bought from?

They may have some spares, but it's unlikely they'd be able to order new batches large enough to make it affordable for consumers.

#1500 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

They may have some spares, but it's unlikely they'd be able to order new batches large enough to make it affordable for consumers.

Would 100 be considered a decent order? (did Heighway order much more than that)?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/30?hl=boat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.