Topic Stats

• 1,528 posts
  • 331 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Pinballs
  • Topic is favorited by 71 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 90 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

heh heh taint (resized).jpg
0F29A436-B789-4FED-9BFC-ECBFA3F322EC (resized).jpeg
IMG_4109 (resized).jpg
2902705509_8730eab503_b (resized).jpg
alien_cake_2_by_highborntalon (resized).jpg
IMG_2391 (resized).PNG
Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg
Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg
IMG_0235 (resized).PNG
wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 1528 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.
#101 2 years ago

This is great news and I wish them luck! More pinball manufacturing is good for all.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He can do whatever he wants. Seriously, I don't mean that in a dickish or snarky way, I respect anyone's frustration level.
I just don't understand why anyone would stay in this long, through all the bullshit and garbage, through things that had the whole team just vanish from the public eye (when was the last time you saw any of us comment on anything, and now all of a sudden we're popping out the woodwork) and now that there's finally some good news this is when you pull the cord?
You have no idea how many things I wish I could say that I legally cannot. But this is the most hopeful I've been about this game for a long time. So it just sucks to see that this is the catalyst for anyone to decide it's over and done.

With all due respect Aurich, have you actually seen a check or money going anywhere? Have you seen the business plan? I am not asking you to disclose any details, but what concrete proof of anything do you have other than talking to someone? "new management" alone is not going to fix this mess...it will help, but this needs a real cash Band-Aid to succeed.

#103 2 years ago

Man I really want this title ... but this forum stuff is really hard to swallow. I am glad they released what they did. I should have stopped there. We are back to numerous useless posts; they said this is all the information we could release till we finish the legal paperwork. PLEASE WAIT! I am willing to give a week maybe two at best but I, personally, am wanting to know some at least rough timelines or goals and no more vague posts saying 'we are gonna work through this'. I mean I really hope they do.... but I need to make a personal desicion right away on what direction to go. I trust my distributor 100% and will probably quit the heartatrack reading and trust his direction. But as of right now my thought process is if I can't get my alien which I paid in full for before sept 1st I will probably go a different direction for now and grab a different title for the time being. And still grab an alien in he future when thier are results and not empty promises.

Just my thoughts as of right now .... I am just like all of you ... a crazy pinhead that changes his opinion based on every post he reads. MAN I LOVE PINBALL!!!

GOOD LUCK HEIGHWAY!! 99% of us are routing for you!!!

#104 2 years ago

Who is THIS guy??
The savior??

unnamed (resized).jpg

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

With all due respect Aurich, have you actually seen a check or money going anywhere? Have you seen the business plan? I am not asking you to disclose any details, but what concrete proof of anything do you have other than talking to someone?

The investors are real. I've had video calls with them, I've seen their faces. No, I haven't seen any checks. Yes, I've talked numbers with them, and I know what they're up against.

They're the same people who injected a ton of cash into Heighway 18 months ago. I know that money was real, it's why the company still exists. I talked to them then too, same people. They're real, I'm real. You don't know me I guess, but I would hope after all this time I at least have a rep as a real person who's provided personal service to hundreds of Pinsiders.

They didn't want to advertise the fact that they're the same people as before on purpose, because inevitably it would lead to "if you're so smart and have been around why are things so shitty?" questions, but since Andrew already blew that up there's no point in hiding it.

The answer to that is they they didn't have control over things before. Now they do. Will they fix everything? I don't know, I'm not Nostradomus. I know they're going to try, and I'm going to help as best I can instead of walking away from the whole game like I was basically doing.

Since David already posted one of the names there's no reason to hide that one of them is Roger Svanevik. What good that does I don't know. I don't feel it's my place to divulge any more names myself.

I'm gonna just be blunt: the smartest thing for any of these guys would be to just walk away, right now. If you have some notion that this is a trick to try and salvage their money then you have it backwards, they're risking more. The only reason they're not is because they love pinball and they want to make this work, they want Alien to succeed, they want to see more games come out.

I absolutely cannot promise anything. And it's not my company, and I'm not speaking for them. But I've put 2+ years of my life into this game, and endured a lot of shit, and it just feels like a damn shame after all that to not try and stand up for Alien pinball one last time and try and get what we've worked so hard on into people's houses.

There's a lot more I could say that I can't, but if there's some question you want to ask I'll give you an honest answer, even if it's "sorry can't talk about that".

#106 2 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Who is THIS guy??

Wacky picture, but it looks like Roger to me.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

He can do whatever he wants. Seriously, I don't mean that in a dickish or snarky way, I respect anyone's frustration level.
I just don't understand why anyone would stay in this long, through all the bullshit and garbage, through things that had the whole team just vanish from the public eye (when was the last time you saw any of us comment on anything, and now all of a sudden we're popping out the woodwork) and now that there's finally some good news this is when you pull the cord?
You have no idea how many things I wish I could say that I legally cannot. But this is the most hopeful I've been about this game for a long time. So it just sucks to see that this is the catalyst for anyone to decide it's over and done.

I'm not going anywhere!!! I am in and I want my Alien LE!!! Hell, I started a company of my own so I could raise the money to pay for my LE!!!! Can't wait to get my first NIB pinball machine!!!

Brian

#108 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

There's a lot more I could say that I can't, but if there's some question you want to ask I'll give you an honest answer, even if it's "sorry can't talk about that".

Quoted from Aurich:

I'm going to help as best I can instead of walking away from the whole game like I was basically doing.

Aurich, it literally is news to me that you and others from the team were "walking away". I was aware of your non-presence in the Alien thread, but just assumed that was burn out and your part of the game was done.

Can you fill in, as much as you are able to, what exactly went off the rails for you to walk away? Is it all about money/non-payment for services?

I guess the take away here is, for someone like myself who has been following this, and is a daily Pinsider, that there was all kinds of shit going on behind the scenes other than "Andrew is having a hard time funding machines getting built" and really had no idea. And that is from me, obviously others are going to know even less.

#109 2 years ago

We need a chest burster rebirth picture to mark the occasion

New life is a good thing

#110 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

So if that is the case, where was this "plan" as the company was failing, and where were these investors over the past several months? Why did it have to get to this point before anyone became interested?
This may very well all be legit, and I am not trying to sway anyone or start any crap. This is just my opinion and mine alone, but it appears to me like a group of people who realized too late they are going to lose their investment, so they are trying to calm the waters and keep money from bleeding out. I don't see any new money anywhere.

More than likely these guys were minority equity owners who heighway had enlisted as backers of the venture as part of his funding of the company. I suspect the story is something like...Years go on, Andrew keeps thinning the ship because new revenue isn't coming in and they push to get alien done with that being the savior. Heighway keeps the backers from forcing the company to call it quits by showing the end is sooo close.... they make the push for expo... and they are so close.

Fast forward... and I guess the money just isn't there to see production through. I guess they only ordered sample runs of parts?? Now they can't move forward.. and someone... Andrew or the investors forces a come to Jesus point. The investors see they have assets... and the potential to get a return is there... so they put more in to make it happen. sounds like they are doubling down and taking the reins of the company in doing so to make it happen.

Since at least some of the guys have been said to be original backers, it's likely this is about saving their investment and making another round of funding... either from the same guys or by bringing in more.

Sounds like a swap for equity in an attempt to make the company viable. The question going forward is it will Andrew be reined in fully or pushed to the side entirely?

#111 2 years ago

Not sure why any of this is a surprise to anybody

Maybe I'm just a skeptic but I wrote off my deposit long ago

Who cares what Aurich did or didn't do in the past. It's pretty clear what happened

Now we move on

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

"new management" alone is not going to fix this mess...it will help, but this needs a real cash Band-Aid to succeed.

Sorry, forgot to address this part. Yes, absolutely. I know how much cash even. It's real money. They're putting it up. That's what these last few weeks have been about, figuring out how much it was really going to take, and making the call to do it or not. They made the call to do it.

No words are going to fix anything. Games need issues fixed, they need to be built, and they need to be shipped. That's all that matters. But it's gonna take a little more patience, even if they dropped a million dollars cash off at the Wales factory by parachute tomorrow it wouldn't magically make everything work right away.

I don't have a game myself. Look, you want brutal honesty? I haven't been paid a dime for Alien yet. I'm technically underwater on this project, I paid for my own flights and hotels to Expo, bought models and materials, paid for prints, you name it. I wrote it off on my taxes, I'm not dumb, but if I thought any of this was bullshit I'd just walk away and cut my losses, I don't owe this project anything more as far as I'm concerned.

If you're paid up on this game and worried about your money I feel you, loud and clear. I'm just saying, I stand to lose out on my game too if this is all bullshit. I'll lose out on compensation for years of work. I'm as fucked or more than anyone. And keeping the company afloat for some kind of scam or whatever for another couple months by helping string people along won't help me with any of that.

So all I can say is I believe they're going to make a genuine effort to make this game happen, and if I didn't I wouldn't be wasting another minute of my time on any of this. If that's not enough for you I understand, you don't know me, but it's the best I can offer.

#113 2 years ago

They'll probably have this wrapped up in two weeks.

#114 2 years ago

This is why I buy my pinball machines off of Craigslist. A lot less drama. Here is a stack of hundies. There's my game.

#115 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Aurich, it literally is news to me that you and others from the team were "walking away". I was aware of your non-presence in the Alien thread, but just assumed that was burn out and your part of the game was done.

I should be clear that I'm speaking for myself when it comes to walking away, and not the rest of the team. Why they didn't post is their own thing too, not speaking for anyone else.

Plenty of frustration for plenty of people to go around, we each have to own our own personal reasons. I never stopped reading the Alien thread, I know how everyone else has felt. I'm with you all, believe me.

I'm not trying to create drama here, or be a tease about things I can't talk about. I'm just trying to be really honest and blunt and say I was basically ready to just walk off. I'm working on my Metallica mod again and it feels great to be in control of a project that's being done the way I think it should be done. It would be so easy to just stay out of it, do my own thing, and just let the cards fall where they may.

But these guys are busting their asses to try and make this work, and I feel like it would be remiss to not throw my weight behind them in whatever way I can to try and help. I'm putting my neck on the line a little here, if they screw this up I'll wish I stayed silent.

So if that counts for anything I guess there you have it.

#116 2 years ago

I hope the new group can withstand a 50% refund rate at minimum in the business plan moving forward. I'd hate to see a run on the bank scenario where capital leaves at this point. I really want to see everyone get their games pronto and have a new pinball company thrive with a great game. I have no skin in this game...yet

#117 2 years ago

Lets recap:
-No press release
-No website with a faq
-Ex owner has to validate this announcement isnt a prank
-New investors asking audio engineer to make posts for them
-Ownership transfer deal isnt done yet

#118 2 years ago

For those who fund to keep pinball companies alive!
We Salute You!

#119 2 years ago

Will an ALIEN pinball be at Southern Fried Gameroom Expo?

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Lets recap:
-No press release
-No website with a faq
-Ex owner has to validate this announcement isnt a prank
-New investors asking audio engineer to make posts for them
-Ownership transfer deal isnt done yet

1) Not all the paperwork is signed, Pinside got the news early as possible, press release wouldn't work yet.

2) Good idea, but again probably a little premature. Actually great idea.

3) I personally notified Robin that this was real with the investors CC'd on the email and a link to this thread as soon as it was posted in case there were issues, dunno what else should have been done. Multiple employees or contracts confirmed it though.

4) Read David's message again, it's very late for these guys. I've been helping them post this thread and other stuff, they called me, but I was on a business call and couldn't answer, so they went to David. Seems reasonable. Was around 4pm my time, that means already midnight for them I believe. Last night I was talking to them at 2:30am their time. I'm sure they're fried.

5) See #1, but the question is do you want to get the news now, with their commitment to the company, and more answers to come, or do you want another weekend of people waiting and wondering and being pissed off? No real winner there, but I'd guess Pinside always leans towards "tell me now" from experience.

#121 2 years ago

I havent been to the UK before so maybe they don't work weekends. All I know is i put 45 hours in last week mon-fri and worked Saturday 6 hours and Sunday 8 hours. You say they bust their ass but then a saturday hits and everything closes.

#122 2 years ago

If a person understands company financial bailouts, they will also comprehend time sequencing lags in physical production of goods. For those don't understand how this effects this industry specifically research the past regarding JJP starting as early as 2013.

Some do read and research on investor groups, their experience, and backgrounds. It is extremely relevant, especially in a niche industry such as pinball.

OP please provide the additional public records sourcing reference locations when available for the company realignment when complete for review.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I guess the take away here is, for someone like myself who has been following this, and is a daily Pinsider, that there was all kinds of shit going on behind the scenes other than "Andrew is having a hard time funding machines getting built" and really had no idea. And that is from me, obviously others are going to know even less.

Just as a quick aside, you're right, but I just want to say that this is the case with every project from every company. Pinball, especially licensed pinball, is full of drama behind the scenes. Happens with Stern too, not just the startups, I've had the stories directly from the people working on the games. So much bullshit and headaches.

And here's the thing: you see these people here on Pinside or podcasts or whatever who act like they're insiders. They post up these legal theories, or financial rules, or tell you about leaks, act like they know what's going on. Trust me, knowing what was really happening and then reading these guys and their oh so serious posts, you have to laugh. Because they're so wrong, they're making it up and full of it, over and over and over.

Even when they had some kernel of truth you'd hardly recognize it by the time they're done.

Just keep that in mind in general, about DP or JJP or Heighway or American Pinball or even Stern. The guys acting like they know? They probably don't know. The real dirt doesn't get leaked, or what does come out is game of telephone distorted before it gets public.

I know I'm not making an amazing revelation here. But just saying, in any thread, or whatever you listen to, remember that people like to feel important and on the inside, and they'll say and make up a lot to give that impression.

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

I havent been to the UK before so maybe they don't work weekends. All I know is i put 45 hours in last week mon-fri and worked Saturday 6 hours and Sunday 8 hours. You say they bust their ass but then a saturday hits and everything closes.

You're right in that people in Europe work differently than the US. You can argue which is better, maybe their lifestyle is healthier than ours. I work nights and weekends all the time, it's normal to me. Europeans take holidays and vanish way more than I'm used to.

But the investors aren't from the UK, they're from mainland Europe. They flew to Wales, spent 3 weeks of night and day work trying to get to the bottom of everything and create a massive master spreadsheet, and did truly bust ass. And now I think they've flown home to try and recover and all the paperwork is in motion.

So yeah, I'm with you on the European work ethic feeling different, but in this case it's not about "oh it's the weekend we can't work".

#125 2 years ago

Here is a HUGE positive, its not Dutch Pinball

They just announced this deal, it was all or nothing.

So at this point a little more patience is a good thing.

Andrew made the right call to keep this thing alive. He had to give up a lot. Unlike DP dummies who don't get that 100% of nothing is nothing, a smaller piece of something is much better than a doughnut.

The investors, well, if they wanted to recoup a dime of their original investment this was the only option.

Alien is a great theme and pin. Start cranking them out and everything else will take care of itself.

#126 2 years ago

Holy moly, never realised you hadn't been paid Aurich, hope that gets sorted ASAP and you get some new enthusiasm for the work.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Andrew made the right call to keep this thing alive. He had to give up a lot. Unlike DP dummies who don't get that 100% of nothing is nothing, a smaller piece of something is much better than a doughnut.

I couldn't help think the same thing. Even if Andrew is "out" completely, but his company will live on and his customers supported, he'd probably tell you it was worth it.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Holy moly, never realised you hadn't been paid Aurich, hope that gets sorted ASAP and you get some new enthusiasm for the work.

I'm probably saying too much now, but fuckit, we're going all out tonight. My deal is royalties off machines. No games shipped? No pay Aurich. Your preorder money does jack shit for me, and you've never seen me encourage a single person publicly or privately to pre-order for that matter.

So let's be clear, I haven't been fucked over in the sense that I was owed money and not paid. My bad for not making that more clear. But I did want to kinda be up front about the fact that walking away would make sense for me if this smelled bad to me. I'm being super honest and up front in an attempt to buy some credibility I guess.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm probably saying too much now, but fuckit, we're going all out tonight. My deal is royalties off machines. No games shipped? No pay Aurich. Your preorder money does jack shit for me, and you've never seen me encourage a single person publicly or privately to pre-order for that matter.
So let's be clear, I haven't been fucked over in the sense that I was owed money and not paid. My bad for not making that more clear. But I did want to kinda be up front about the fact that walking away would make sense for me if this smelled bad to me. I'm being super honest and up front in an attempt to buy some credibility I guess.

Thanks for that; more than ever expected aurich!!! None of that needed to be released! I much more appreciate your posts than what whysnow try's to do. (No offence whysnow it just sounds like white noise after awhile; I know you mean well though)

#130 2 years ago

Dude, I was in the same boat. I took the bastard to an industrial tribunal for similar reasons. Personally I would edit that and be more vague, as it doesn't really help anyone right now. Just hoping all the best for you guys in the future.

#131 2 years ago

I feel like I missed something here. What the hell happened to heighway?!

#132 2 years ago

Booted out by the investors, read the first post!

#133 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

whysnow try's to do.

what exactly is it that i try to do? I would like to know...

#134 2 years ago

That distant whirring sound is the backpedalling Whysnow is currently doing

#135 2 years ago

Thank you Auric for your input.

Also thanks for giving us options on the shadow. I like Alec Baldwin but...

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

That distant whirring sound is the backpedalling Whysnow is currently doing

what are you talkin bout willis?

#137 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

what are you talkin bout willis?

I dunno ... just try and be a spokesperson, chearleader type...

#138 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Aurich, walking away got you nothing anyhow. Nor does it matter one way or the other to the project.

On the one hand, saying nothing over this whole time doesn't exactly buy credibility, knowing what was going on while people continued to drop $$ in.

No offense but the artwork is the least of the concerns on getting this pin out the door.

#139 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Thank you Auric for your input.
Also thanks for giving us options on the shadow. I like Alec Baldwin but...

You going to league on Sunday man? I've missed a bunch, but I'll be there. That's where the real dirt gets dished!

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm being super honest and up front in an attempt to buy some credibility I guess.

I don't think you need to buy credibility. I'm sure you were under a nda. Those who know your pinside presence could read between the lines when you withdrew from the thread. I just took it as your way of saying something without "saying something." You were in a no win position there.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from vex:

I hope the new group can withstand a 50% refund rate at minimum in the business plan moving forward. I'd hate to see a run on the bank scenario where capital leaves at this point. I really want to see everyone get their games pronto and have a new pinball company thrive with a great game. I have no skin in this game...yet

Not 50%, not even 50% of pinsiders, which probably account for small fraction of sales.

That first inventor post kinda made me sick, because it sounded exactly like the investor statement into DP. But Aurich's good info so far has definately raised my spirits!

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from toasterman04:

I dunno ... just try and be a spokesperson, chearleader type...

be enthusiastic about pin, sure... guilty as charged. Outspoken and opinionated, yup. That is part of the fun. If we were all just lurkers, then it would be pretty boring around here.

Feel free to put me on ignore if you are tired of it. Best part about the user interface is the ability to create your own experience.

I personally think this is all GREAT news. Aliens is an AWESOME game! Seriously, like one of the best ever made. New life being put into this is a good thing!

I hope step #1 is refund anyone that wants their money.

I hope step #2 is get all games fixed with full production parts that need it.

#3 is start pumping out full production games at a reasonable rate

#143 2 years ago
Quoted from Skins:

I don't think you need to buy credibility. I'm sure you were under a nda. Those who know your pinside presence could read between the lines when you withdrew from the thread. I just took it as your way of saying something without "saying something." You were in a no win position there.

An NDA doesn't cover hiding wrongdoing and malfeasance.

Bottom line there is a conflict of interest, then and now

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from sed6:

But Aurich's good info so far has definately raised my spirits!

We're all feeling a little hopeful. And look, I'm not making any promises, all I can say is try and find a little extra patience, down in the tip of your left big toe, and at least let these guys make the rest of their pitch.

If you don't buy it, then fine. But what difference does waiting a little longer make right now?

That's how I'm taking it. I've invested 2 years in this, what's a few more weeks?

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Ice, I haven't hidden any wrong doing. I have no secret info on company financials. Frankly I have no idea WTF really goes on in Wales. Most of my issues are personal. If I ever thought this was a pyramid scheme or something I'd have risked breaking my contract to say something. But there's no secrets like that, that I'm aware of.

The project was managed badly, is that a secret I needed to share? Things are taking way longer than they should have. News at 11. My own personal art issues are there if you read between the lines. I'm frustrated. But at no point did I mislead anyone.

I thought if we didn't make Expo the project would fail. We just barely did. And every time since then we just barely did. It's been a skin of teeth thing for ages. Again, this isn't news.

There's nothing I could have said. So please don't try and put any of this on me. If anyone can point to where I personally mislead them I'll be happy to own up for it.

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's all well and true but anyone can sue for anything. I spent $10,000 defending myself over an erroneous claim. It went all the way to depositions (I had to pay for the conference room time too, btw) and the other side said, "yep, you're right we don't have a case" and walked away. The point I'm making is it's easy to say things like malfeasance nullifies an nda but there are still real world implications of doing so.

#147 2 years ago

Guys I'm gonna call it a night, I didn't mean to post so much in the first place. Hopefully I've helped some, and if not I tried.

I hope you all get games, I hope I get my game, I hope this project is a success, and all I can promise is the team still wants this to be a good game.

#148 2 years ago

The important part here isn't how many people bail at this point when things may still look vague to the outside world; it's how many we persuade to come back (and then some) once the dust has settled and everything can be seen to be shipshape.

#149 2 years ago

Aye, I don't blame people for requesting refunds, as is their right to do. But after having experienced his 'management' first hand, Andy leaving the company can only be seen as a good thing.

#150 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

With all due respect Aurich, have you actually seen a check or money going anywhere? Have you seen the business plan? I am not asking you to disclose any details, but what concrete proof of anything do you have other than talking to someone? "new management" alone is not going to fix this mess...it will help, but this needs a real cash Band-Aid to succeed.

Anyone that has listened to a JJPs interview on Kanedas today will realize that it takes millions to get out of this hole.
In was floored when I heard the numbers laid down by Jack

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Bridgewater, MA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 750.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 50.00
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 18,500.00
Pinball Machine
www.retroarcade.se
$ 30.40
$ 224.99
$ 445.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 142.00
Boards
nvram.weebly.com
There are 1528 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside