wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Well they have not updated the personnel on the website yet if that is the case. Andrew is still CEO according to the site...

I doubt website maintenance is high on the agenda.

#52 6 years ago

Hopefully good news for all!

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Well they have not updated the personnel on the website yet if that is the case. Andrew is still CEO according to the site...

And their website has the old (wrong) phone number so I'm not sure that's a good gauge of things.

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from Bongiorno:

Soon the game will be in your basement with over a 100 plays..

And then after that at some time hopefully they send you the Alien head mech

#55 6 years ago

Will you still be working with Cointaker in the USA?

Is Andrew still involved in the company and if so how now? I was looking forward to taking him up on a factory tour this fall.

Interesting news, I wonder how many games they plan to ship by the end of the summer now.

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

We will keep you updated and communication channels will be opened as soon as we are settled in.

I think everyone here can agree that we all want to see Heighway pinball succeed. This announcement is exactly what we've been waiting to hear for some time now.

With that said, as a vested customer, there was no mention in that announcement about long-standing refund requests, or how that process will move forward.

So I am looking forward to actual direct contact with Heighway customers, and not being forced to search pinball forums for vague information.

This announcement is a good start. But more detailed information needs to be disclosed to your actual customers who have questions, and need some specific answers.

We are looking forward to your response, our games, and our refunds.

#57 6 years ago

This is great news, I'm glad the company not only found new funding but is willing to make big changes in management and operations to survive and thrive. That's what businesses often have to do. And this comes out what?, one day after Dutch Pinball announces they are turning down funding and a partial buy out to keep their company alive. Clearly Heighway cares more about their survival, customers and getting this game out!

#58 6 years ago

This... as there are well over 10 people who have requested refunds with no action from Heighway..

The first step in the new investment group better be processing those refunds and not stealing any more people's money. Those people better be taken care of before games are shipped. Customer Service should always come first and foremost.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

Hello to all pinball enthusiasts out there, we are active investors in Heighway Pinball Ltd.
There has been a lot of talk, and also silence, over the last few weeks. For this we are sorry but we have not been legally able to reach out to you before now.
We are now happy to announce that we have reached an agreement on how to take over the business and move it forward.
We are all pinball enthusiasts and professional business owners. We are fully committed to making your games and we have the plan and finance in place to make this happen.
We have drawn up a detailed strategy to invest money into the company, both to ensure that machines are built to the highest quality and also to ensure that healthy numbers are shipped as quickly as possible.
The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding to make sure that everyone, who has money at stake, will get their ordered pinball machines.
The budget and business plan for how to make this a success has been carefully drawn up and is about to be put in place.
The transaction is now in progress and legal papers are being drawn up as you read this. We hope you all will bear with us for the next couple of weeks as we get everything in place.
We have had positive talks with our major distributors around the world and we thank them all for their patience and for believing in us.
Together with our suppliers, distributors and you pinball enthusiasts, we can make this happen. Alien is a great game and there are more to follow.
We will keep you updated and communication channels will be opened as soon as we are settled in.
Thank you for your understanding and patience in advance. We understand your frustrations and concerns. All of us investors are in the same boat as you, waiting for their games to be shipped and, after much time spent at the factory, we have taken matters into our own hands to ensure that Heighway Pinball can survive and prosper.
Regards
Investor Group - Heighway Pinball Ltd

IMG_0147 (resized).JPGIMG_0147 (resized).JPG

#60 6 years ago

Will the games still be made in U.K.!?

#61 6 years ago

Hi, I just got off a Skype with Roger Svanevik who asked me to inform this forum that there will be much more information about everything but not much more today. Roger is 9 time zones ahead of me (I am in the Pacific time zone) and he was trying to go to bed.

Roger has been in Wales these last few weeks but is back in Norway now.
Roger and others are invested in this effort to ensure that everybody gets what they want whether it is a refund or an Alien Pinball machine or parts to support the game that they already have.

I think I can speak for the U.S. team that helped develop Alien that we are very encouraged by today's developments and we can't wait for reliable, production machines to be shipped from Wales to everybody who wants to buy one.

ddt

#62 6 years ago

I'm overjoyed to hear this!

#63 6 years ago

How about those of us with partially working games?

#64 6 years ago

So just out of my own curiosity, are the ramps that have been shown on all the games so far the finished product or just existing prototypes? I was thinking that a batch of new parts might include ramps.

#65 6 years ago

LOL. Well, I hope this sorts things out with the company and delivery of machines. I'll still be surprised if I see my game by fall.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

How about those of us with partially working games?

The new management is very committed to doing what it takes so that all the existing games become fully functional as quickly as possible.

This was expressed to me as a high priority.

ddt

#67 6 years ago

daudioguy thank you for taking the time to relay this information, I am sure a lot of people will feel some relief.

Even the things you type sound good

#68 6 years ago

Wow, talk about a bombshell! I'm sure this isn't the direction Andrew was planning, but most businesses - in any industry - go through this - what this means is Heighway has been rated a positive investment going forward. This should put a good feeling in the bellies (and wallets!) of buyers.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

So just out of my own curiosity, are the ramps that have been shown on all the games so far the finished product or just existing prototypes? I was thinking that a batch of new parts might include ramps.

Record (resized).jpgRecord (resized).jpg

#70 6 years ago

For the guys wanting a refund.....I am guessing you are OK, should you want one, if the price is higher?

#71 6 years ago

I have a friend who is buying an alien. I look forward to playing it. He is excited, and so am I.

I hope everything works out we need more great pinball to play. Today and forever.

#72 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is your 1st name George?

2017-06-02-18-15-34- (resized).jpg2017-06-02-18-15-34- (resized).jpg

#73 6 years ago

Then someone give me an answer about the ramps. It's a very simple question to answer.

I've asked a few times and certainly many others in this thread have been more of a broken record than me. Easy to be labeled a broken record when questions fall on Heighway's deaf ears. Don't go blaming someone who is asking an easy question to answer.

#74 6 years ago

Thank you for the update. I look forward to forthcoming information.

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from daudioguy:

As a member of Team Alien US let me say that this channel and this announcement are the real deal. The names of the Investor Group would not be of any use to you. The members of the Investor Group are passionate about pinball and specifically the Alien Pinball machine. The Investor Group is made up of smart gentlemen who have not jumped into this without thought.
This is real and this is happening.
I couldn't be happier. I want to see all my children get into the wild and thrive.
ddt

Drops the hammer.....boom ! Love this.

#76 6 years ago

I don't know that anyone has noticed or cared that I stopped posting in the Alien thread, but I reached a point where I felt it best to withdraw to the sidelines. I can promise you that if you're frustrated with Alien that I've been more frustrated. It's not a contest worth winning, believe me.

I'm going to do anything I can to help the rebirth of the company succeed, because I want Alien to succeed, we all do. We've invested years of our lives into it. And what's happening now is the best chance for that to happen.

The investors get every pain point that you guys have brought up, all of them. And they get all the pain points you didn't even know existed too. There is no wide eyed naivety here. These guys are smart, and they are thorough. They weren't calling the shots before, now they are, and I'm hopeful we'll see results. I've had personal discussions with them about the plans, and while I can't predict the future and won't try, I'm confident that they're passionate and are going to try their best.

There are easier ways to make money than investing in pinball, they're doing it because they care about the hobby and the games.

They're still going through legal channels on things that they can't discuss or answer until documents are signed etc, this post today was basically the earliest possible opportunity for them to tell people what's going on, because no one wanted to leave people hanging. Hopefully they're all asleep now!

So what I'd suggest is, if it's possible, to try and have just a little more patience, because the answers are there, and I'm sure they'll be forthcoming, but they need a little time before they can give them. Legal and practical logistics just are what they are in something this big and complicated. If I had to guess I'd say next week, but I don't know, please don't hold me to it, just saying we're talking short term here.

I'm sure everyone with money invested will be personally taken care of, whether it's refunds, or reassurance, or answering questions. Again, it will take a little time.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

#77 6 years ago

Who should I direct the group buy of 5 or 6 games in The Minneapolis Minnesota area ?

#78 6 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Then someone give me an answer about the ramps. It's a very simple question to answer.
I've asked a few times and certainly many others in this thread have been more of a broken record than me. Easy to be labeled a broken record when questions fall on Heighway's deaf ears. Don't go blaming someone who is asking an easy question to answer.

Sorry, but of ALL the things to worry about right now....with the very existence of the company at stake? You're still droning on about the mf'ing ramps. It'd be a funny joke if you were joking.

#79 6 years ago

I think we need to re name this thread to "Alien: Resurrection".

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

one day after Dutch Pinball announces they are turning down funding and a partial buy out to keep their company alive.

Wait....what??

#81 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Who should I direct the group buy of 5 or 6 games in The Minneapolis Minnesota area ?

A new buy or questions about an existing one?

#82 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I think we need to re name this thread to "Alien: Resurrection".

As long as we don't re-theme the game!

#83 6 years ago

Good to hear things are looking up...still a ways to go though.

#84 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Good to hear things are looking up...still a ways to go though.

I'll put it this way...I'm invested in this game and I was standing on a cliff with one foot on the ground and the other over the abyss about to bail. Now I've put that foot back down but I'm still near the edge.

#85 6 years ago

Great news!!! All the negative pinsider comments really sucked the past week. Look forward to the machine in the near future and new games from Heighway pinball. Best of luck!!!

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I'll put it this way...I'm invested in this game and I was standing on a cliff with one foot on the ground and the other over the abyss about to bail. Now I've put that foot back down but I'm still near the edge.

I don't blame a soul for wanting to bail. All I can say is if you've waited this long to try and at least hear out the new people before you make a final call. Don't like that answers? Hey, do what you gotta do.

#87 6 years ago

Well at least we know we're gonna get some podcasts dropping tomorrow!

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Great news!!! All the negative pinsider comments really sucked the past week. Look forward to the machine in the near future and new games from Heighway pinball. Best of luck!!!

I don't think anybody is going to be seeing their games soon. Starting from scratch the new group will likely require 4 to 6 months to get games flowing. That is why it is so critical to hear their plan and to have all our questions answers. People are tired of being lied to. Openness and transparency were identified as essential elements to Heighway's success from the beginning of this thread. Spoiler alert - it hasn't happened yet.

#89 6 years ago

I hope they honor the pricing that was quoted, and it doesn't go up. im already into this thing for more then i want to be. The news is good I suppose. I want this machine and Heighway to be a big success...... and to think that I was checking my email daily for the order confirmation to move forward... ha!

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Congratulations to you guys and Alien buyers for hanging in there.
That's awesome!

Agreed....under capitalization is the undoing of many businesses....suspect a financial wall was hit during product development, licensing, etc. Got the product done ( mostly), but no fiscal means to ramp production to realize return on investment ( not enough profit in a machine like this to close the gap).

Andrew....congrats on your passion and drive to get this thing to the finish line. Possibly bigger congrats for identifying and securing a restructure before the whole thing tanked.

Hearing this tells me the games will come...possibly quicker than we might think. Not only is pinball hard, but expensive.

I'm staying in.....it's a badass machine, now with an interesting story of commitment behind it....

#91 6 years ago

Wonderful news for everyone! I'm looking forward to Alien and many more games in the future.

#92 6 years ago

Barry and Jaap, that isn't you, right?
/I keed.

No, but seriously, this isn't you guys, right?

#93 6 years ago

Interesting to see how the future of Heighway Pinball 2.0 pans out.
I am hopeful that the company will flourish.

Keep on Flippin Heighway!

#94 6 years ago

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history

The financial information filed by the new company.

The game looks awesome. I so want to play one in the wild.

#95 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Have room to make it 1 more? I called Cointaker last week about an LE but wanted to wait until it gets cleared up.

#96 6 years ago

I have been one of the biggest defenders of Heighway and I still am wanting this company to succeed. But with this last revelation, I am going to bow out and request a refund for now. It is probably the paranoid cop in me, but this really doesn't smell right to my nose. We have a person who won't identify themselves post that there is new company management, and a plan is going in place to save the company.....we are supposed to have faith in them, yet supposedly these investors have been involved all along.

So if that is the case, where was this "plan" as the company was failing, and where were these investors over the past several months? Why did it have to get to this point before anyone became interested?

This may very well all be legit, and I am not trying to sway anyone or start any crap. This is just my opinion and mine alone, but it appears to me like a group of people who realized too late they are going to lose their investment, so they are trying to calm the waters and keep money from bleeding out. I don't see any new money anywhere. If you really want people to believe you....identify yourselves, and tell us specifically what you are going to do and specifically what resources you are going to devote. This is all too vague, and something just isn't right......who just says we are signing "legal papers" and expects people to believe them? How are you going to get production going from here, and what experience do you have or are you bringing in?

Now before anyone digs up my old posts, I was very vocal about the fact that we as depositors are not shareholders, and we have no say in how the company is run. I still believe that.....but in this case, a representative is coming forward and offering information and asking all of us to believe them on blind faith. Yes, I know, a couple of people vouch for them, but I don't know those people either. I am not asking for any real insight into the company, but rather asking for information to determine the validity in who you are and what you are saying. In my eyes (and I completely understand I am the minority) you would have been better off not to disclose anything until the machines are running down the line. If they do (and I sincerely hope they do), then I will be right back in line to purchase, but even if the pins do come off the line, I want to know the company will be around long-term to provide support. For all I know, the "plan" could be to get production going just to get all of the produced and purchased parts out the door and then shut down and sell off.....I have nothing that says so, but it could very well happen. As they say in Shark Tank......for these reasons, I am out...... Good luck to the group, I hope this is 100% legit and this company comes back and kicks ass.........

#97 6 years ago
Quoted from flippersandballs:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08087382/filing-history
The financial information filed by the new company.
The game looks awesome. I so want to play one in the wild.

Nitro will have one at the NW Pinball Show (it shipped this morning). Drop by our booth next weekend to play a game. I don't think you'll be disappointed. We're extremely optimistic about working with the new team. They reached out to us and made very clear their desire to fulfill our orders.

#98 6 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I have been one of the biggest defenders of Heighway and I still am wanting this company to succeed. But with this last revelation, I am going to bow out and request a refund for now. It is probably the paranoid cop in me, but this really doesn't smell right to my nose. We have a person who won't identify themselves post that there is new company management, and a plan is going in place to save the company.....we are supposed to have faith in them, yet supposedly these investors have been involved all along.
So if that is the case, where was this "plan" as the company was failing, and where were these investors over the past several months? Why did it have to get to this point before anyone became interested?
This may very well all be legit, and I am not trying to sway anyone or start any crap. This is just my opinion and mine alone, but it appears to me like a group of people who realized too late they are going to lose their investment, so they are trying to calm the waters and keep money from bleeding out. If you really want people to believe you....identify yourselves, and tell us specifically what you are going to do and specifically what resources you are going to devote. This is all too vague, and something just isn't right......who just says we are signing "legal papers" and expects people to believe them? How are you going to get production going from here, and what experience do you have or are you bringing in?
Now before anyone digs up my old posts, I was very vocal about the fact that we as depositors are not shareholders, and we have no say in how the company is run. I still believe that.....but in this case, a representative is coming forward and offering information and asking all of us to believe them on blind faith. Yes, I know, a couple of people vouch for them, but I don't know those people either. I am not asking for any real insight into the company, but rather asking for information to determine the validity in who you are and what you are saying. In my eyes (and I completely understand I am the minority) you would have been better off not to disclose anything until the machines are running down the line. If they do (and I sincerely hope they do), then I will be right back in line to purchase, but even if the pins do come off the line, I want to know the company will be around long-term to provide support. For all I know, the "plan" could be to get production going just to get all of the produced and purchased parts out the door and then shut down and sell off.....I have nothing that says so, but it could very well happen. As they say in Shark Tank......for these reasons, I am out...... Good luck to the group, I hope this is 100% legit and this company comes back and kicks ass.........

What about the Heighway employees and contractors who have dealt/talked with these new people and are already vouching for them?

#99 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What about the Heighway employees and contractors who have dealt/talked with these new people and are already vouching for them?

I don't know them either, and have any of them actually seen anything concrete other than talking to someone who has made a bunch of promises?.......sound familiar?

Like I said, I do hope it is 100% legit, I love that pin........but I am going to wait a while before jumping back in. There is really nothing for me to lose but a little time.

#100 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

He can do whatever he wants. Seriously, I don't mean that in a dickish or snarky way, I respect anyone's frustration level.

I just don't understand why anyone would stay in this long, through all the bullshit and garbage, through things that had the whole team just vanish from the public eye (when was the last time you saw any of us comment on anything, and now all of a sudden we're popping out the woodwork) and now that there's finally some good news this is when you pull the cord?

You have no idea how many things I wish I could say that I legally cannot. But this is the most hopeful I've been about this game for a long time. So it just sucks to see that this is the catalyst for anyone to decide it's over and done.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/2?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.