wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.
#1351 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I joined the vegan club 3 months ago ...

I gotta apologize to my buddy rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Is anyone else concerned that @robt’s account may have been hacked?!?

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone form Seattle even call other people snowflakes?

No. No we can't.

#1353 5 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

The best diet is a balanced one. Anytime you go extreme in any one direction it usually does not end well. We wouldn't have evolved the brains we have without a high protein diet.

That is simply not true. I believed the "we need animal protein" mantra for 40 years.The food industries today use the same tactics that the tobacco companies used for decades.

#1354 5 years ago

Why is there all this chatter on Vegans? Will they buy the assets of Heighway ?

#1355 5 years ago

Can I pre-order a vegan?

#1356 5 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Can I pre-order a vegan?

If a cannibal ate a vegan would they become vegans?

EDIT:
Oh no! First I complain about all the vegan chatter now I have become part of it.

#1357 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Criticize vegans. I admit I have. But vegans are generally very hot versions of whatever gender they are. So if it helps... vegan female=very hot female gender, vegan male=very hot male gender.

The majority of my meals are now vegetarian and like RobT, I recently came off of some really fucked up medications a PHD Gastroenterologist prescribed. Prilosec is shit and landed me in the emergency room twice. True story.

I'm just an impulsive smart ass that cannot help but laugh and poke fun at the absurdities in life and here on Pinside. This thread topic had gone so far off of the rails I decided to jump in and swim with my brand of fun.
Thanks for the up votes guys, I was giggling like a schoolgirl when I posted it.

Back on topic: I have chunks of Andrew in my stool.

#1358 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

The majority of my meals are now vegetarian and like RobT, I recently came off of some really fucked up medications a PHD Gastroenterologist prescribed. Prilosec is shit and landed me in the emergency room twice. True story.
I'm just an impulsive smart ass that cannot help but laugh and poke fun at the absurdities in life and here on Pinside. This tread topic had gone so far off of the rails I decided to jump in and swim with my brand of fun.
Thanks for the up votes guys, I was giggling like a schoolgirl when I posted it.
Back on topic: I have chunks of Andrew in my stool.

It’s all love here...or at least I hope so

But what better thread to derail than one that was off the rails from post #1?

But yeah, congrats on ridding yourself of that poison...most all ailments have natural remedies, some growing in your backyard right now...but they will never be promoted because you know, they’re FREE!

#1359 5 years ago

I went vegan for about six months a few years ago. I have to admit, it did make me feel a lot healthier. Not only did I lose weight, but my cholesterol levels were way better. I've since slid back into my old eating habits, but I've been seriously considering giving it another try. Not only do I think it's healthier, but I've been watching a bunch of documentaries lately that really having me questioning the cruelty that's involved with killing animals.

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I went vegan for about six months a few years ago. I have to admit, it did make me feel a lot healthier. Not only did I lose weight, but my cholesterol levels were way better

I went strict vegan for about a month, didn't lose any weight. Was eating a lot of the vegan burritos they sell at target, turns out those things are loaded with carbs. I definitely eat way less meat now, try to not make it the focus of my meals but more of side to the veggies. Couple years ago decided to try the local ribfest again after eating healthy for a while, got so sick because my body was not used to eating it.

#1361 5 years ago

I don't think there is any one diet that works for everyone we are all different. I do know that carbs mess me up and I do really well with lots of veg, protein and fat.

Change your diet before relying on drugs is my advice.

#1362 5 years ago

I lost 30 pounds in one month on a strict diet of beef jerky and vodka, didn't make it a good idea.

#1363 5 years ago

I wonder what post started all this interesting dietary talk? I don’t see it anywhere! How curious!

#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I wonder what post started all this interesting dietary talk? I don’t see it anywhere! How curious!

Heighway is dead and we are trying to avoid a similar fate though what we eat!

#1365 5 years ago

Looks like Bobukcat has too much fiber in his diet. He is shitting on all of us.

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Heighway is dead and we are trying to avoid a similar fate though what we eat!

I wasn’t knocking it... was just looking for the post that kicked it off. Oh, deleted I guess? So should we should just delete all the posts after it? I don’t know... just spitballing here.

I think vegetarian would be good enough for me. Cause then I could eat eggs and cheese. Killing animals does kind of suck. Just wish they weren’t delicious.

#1368 5 years ago

Sweet berry wine!

#1369 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I wasn’t knocking it... was just looking for the post that kicked it off. Oh, deleted I guess? So should we should just delete all the posts after it? I don’t know... just spitballing here.
I think vegetarian would be good enough for me. Cause then I could eat eggs and cheese. Killing animals does kind of suck. Just wish they weren’t delicious.

Not sure where it got derailed but it has gone way off topic! I was vegetarian for a few years so totally get the reasons why. I slipped with bacon though and went downhill from there.

#1370 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Looks like Bobukcat has too much fiber in his diet. He is shitting on all of us.

Yep, I don't care which side of the argument you're on, get back on point or open another damn thread to talk about it!

#1371 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yep, I don't care which side of the argument you're on, get back on point or open another damn thread to talk about it!

I can agree with that but being passive aggressive with down votes is a constipated way to make your point.

#1372 5 years ago

The topic title reminds me of

C L A S S I C !

#1373 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Are Vegans one of the new gender types were supposed to keep track of?

What bathroom are they supposed to use in North Carolina?

#1374 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I can agree with that but being passive aggressive with down votes is a constipated way to make your point.

Perhaps, but in my experience once a thread is derailed a post from someone other than a moderator asking people to get back on topic is usually completely ignored so I thought I'd try something different.

Back on topic: Everything they transferred from Heighway to Pinball Brothers theoretically has some value and that amount should have been credited / paid to Heighway which should then be used to satisfy creditors or pay those bills. I don't know U.K. laws about this but I know in the U.S. it's not legal.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1375 5 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I went vegan for about six months a few years ago. I have to admit, it did make me feel a lot healthier. Not only did I lose weight, but my cholesterol levels were way better.

I went strictly cannibal for 5 months, really more for the soul cleansing than to lose weight.

In fact, with all the birth control hormones and steroids everyone is taking, I think I actually gained a few pounds...

#1376 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Jedi Mind Tricks

#1377 5 years ago

I'm trying the vaginatarian diet!

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

I called a guy a snowflake for posting a laundry list whining about all the things that bugged him about someone that originally liked Alien, he replied saying someone from Seattle could hardly call someone a snowflake and then posted a video about some vegan protest saying they were the real snowflakes, trying to deflect. I disagreed and said vegans come from all political backgrounds and some religious ones, about then the posts got flagged by the mods for being political, but the talk about veganism continues... I wish the story was more exciting than that

#1379 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

What bathroom are they supposed to use in North Carolina?

Which ever they feel like. We have 4 different bathrooms on campus. Men's, women's, multi sex and transgendered. Take your pick.

#1380 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I went strictly cannibal for 5 months, really more for the soul cleansing than to lose weight.
In fact, with all the birth control hormones and steroids everyone is taking, I think I actually gained a few pounds...

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?

Because they taste funny

#1381 5 years ago

Thanos defeats vegans and Heighway pinball.

#1382 5 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Why don't cannibals eat clowns?
Because they taste funny

And they don't eat divorced women because they're too bitter.

Quoted from StylesBitchly:

I'm trying the vaginatarian diet!

I eat more than cervical cancer, my sodium intake is too high but nothing can wipe the smile off my face.

#1383 5 years ago

Oh man..this has become a shit show.

#1384 5 years ago

Moderation notice: try to stay on topic.

There is now a vegan thread...and this is not this one!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-vegan-thread-for-bobukcat#post-4368305

#1385 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I gotta apologize to my buddy rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Oooooooh shiiiiiiit whaaaaat!? Well if you’re ever in my hood, let’s shoot the shit over some broccoli!

This year will mark my 20 year veganversary.

I AM CARB.

#1386 5 years ago

I dunno, animals kills and eat eachother just fine enough, so im gonna keep on doing it. *bites into a cute piglet*

#1387 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Oh man..this has become a shit show.

And you're surprised why?

#1388 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The digestive benefits are due to fiber and the best thing you can eat are leafy greens. The impact can't be overstated.
There is an easy way to validate it for yourself. Ask for a full blood test -liver function, platelet count, cholesterol, the works. Go plant based for 3 months and then ask for another blood test. Rinse and repeat. I do still eat meat, but only up to 12 oz of grass-fed organic beef. Stay away from chicken and pork and ANY processed meat. It's damn near as deadly as tobacco is.
And Andrew Heighway sucks big time.

Yes any processed and refined foods. Unfortunately, that is all of what the food manufacturers gives us.

#1390 5 years ago

I heard Andrew Heighway was a vegan. For that reason alone, I'm grilling steak tonight.

#1391 5 years ago

Thread title needs to be appended by an Admin to read - Rebirth and Death of Heighway Pinball 1.5 and Rebirth as Heighway 2.0. This would clear up confusion and bring readers up to speed. I have trouble keeping the Heighway cast straight in my head.

#1392 5 years ago

The Heighway saga makes for a great script. It could be made as a documentary or even a fiction like Catch Me if You Can. Aren't there any writers on Pinside looking for a storyline? I'd read both versions but would prefer a fictional account that takes generous liberties. Now I am not talking about just reading this thread to learn everything you didn't want to know about Andrew, which I did. But rather a story with many characters and plot lines and which only need be loosely based on or inclusive of the Heighway story. If done right ?? readers would turn the last page with mouth open and speechless, knowing this horror show continues to create new memories/treasures every day.

#1393 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The Heighway saga makes for a great script. It could be made as a documentary or even a fiction like Catch Me if You Can. Aren't there any writers on Pinside looking for a storyline? I'd read both versions but would prefer a fictional account that takes generous liberties. Now I am not talking about just reading this thread to learn everything you didn't want to know about Andrew, which I did. But rather a story with many characters and plot lines and which only need be loosely based on or inclusive of the Heighway story. If done right ?? readers would turn the last page with mouth open and speechless, knowing this horror show continues to create new memories/treasures every day.

And then use it for a theme for their next pin!

#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You would have died from botulism or silicon poisoning after the first month

#1395 5 years ago

Reading your post made me wonder if this script became a movie, who would play Andrew Highway? Fun game we play at work.
For the life of me, i cant think of one.

#1396 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Reading your post made me wonder if this script became a movie, who would play Andrew Highway? Fun game we play at work.
For the life of me, i cant think of one.

Andrew to be played by Denzel for obvious reasons.

IMG_0235 (resized).PNGIMG_0235 (resized).PNG

#1397 5 years ago

readers would turn the last page with mouth open and speechless, knowing this horror show continues to create new memories/treasures every day.

It wouldn't have to be fictional for that.

#1398 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

You would have died from botulism or silicon poisoning after the first month

You got to be careful.

I sure would not eat the new Judy Greer

Judy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpgJudy_Greer_July_14,_2014_(cropped) (resized).jpg

Judy_Greer_featured (resized).jpgJudy_Greer_featured (resized).jpg

#1399 5 years ago

Transport yourself to 10 months ago. What was Heighway 1.5 up to? What was their stated top priority? It doesn't seem like Heighway 2.0 followed this path to get where they are. Except for the part that reads ... take control of financial assets. They certainly found a way to glom onto all the old physical assets and evidently brought them with to the new company. HP2 Owners have moxy! (although 2.0 Owners are the remaining partners from HP groups 1.0 and 1.5).

IMG_2391 (resized).PNGIMG_2391 (resized).PNG

#1400 5 years ago

Ferret can you release code ahead of May 4? In case you get asked to squash future releases, it is better to liberate the sausage now and be unable to put it back in the casing than to wait and hear bad news. It's not like HP 1.5 can sue you, right? As justification for personal actions to release the new program, wouldn't that add more to the value of game and make it easier for El Liquidator to dispose of assets?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,999 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/28?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.