wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.
#1301 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Be gentle with it as replacement parts may be hard to come by.

curious, what parts exactly are hard to come by that you are concerned with breakage?

#1302 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

curious, what parts exactly are hard to come by that you are concerned with breakage?

FullT has that huge plastic crossover ramp, for one. Playfield plastics. Anything molded. Anything not off the shelf. LCD screen and computer, along with code.

Flipper assemblies are not standard B/W parts AFAIK (which was one of the most savvy moves Jersey Jack did IMO..unless that's changed?)

#1303 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

FullT has that huge plastic crossover ramp, for one. Playfield plastics. Anything molded. Anything not off the shelf. LCD screen and computer, along with code.
Flipper assemblies are not standard B/W parts AFAIK (which was one of the most savvy moves Jersey Jack did IMO..unless that's changed?)

Ramps are all solid so little concern.
Plastics are crap material and will break but that is pinball. Easy to scan and make new ones.
LCD screens are an off the shelf part
CPU and code is available

I really think the ONLY part of concern is the I/O boards (node boards) on the underside of the pf. I looked them up and one time and you were able to find spares but I honestly cant remember where and I think things changed from original Alien to current run??? That is the one and only part I would try to find spares of currently. I guess you could get a back up CPU if you are concerned also.

To me, everything else if fixable or makable if needed in the future.

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Plastics are crap material and will break but that is pinball. Easy to scan and make new ones.

Then please, convince someone to make me new Crescendo plastics.

#1305 5 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

FullT has that huge plastic crossover ramp, for one.

Have you ever seen Creature from the Black Lagoon? I actually have one and the scarcity of those ramps scare the hell out of me but it doesn't stop people from tripping over themselves to add it to their collection.

FT is a great game...one that I enjoy most in my small collection and play the most. It's fast and super challenging and has that 1 more game factor. I have MET sitting next to it and when my friends want to play it, I usually watch as the long ball times tend to bore me. But we all have our favourites...right.

#1306 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Pinside wouldn't be Pinside if people didn't feel comfortable blaming others, creating drama, conflating opinions, being jerks, and gloating. Good job on keeping it real and petty! Posts like this are exactly what everyone complains about when the groan and roll their eyes when someone brings up Pinsider in person. The majority of pinball players think this place stinks because of this kinda crap.

Good job doubling down on the problem you identified. People who use the word "conflating" go to the same hell as the ones who sprinkle "literally" on everything. HA! If Pinside had a fuse, I'd light it.

Christ this is a terrible thread.

#1307 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Aww, looks like a snowflake needs to vent.

Can someone form Seattle even call other people snowflakes?

#1308 5 years ago

Crèature Ramps are far from unobtainable. Starship Fantasy sells them and has for some time

#1309 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am here. I am not banned. I told anyone dumb enough to prepay post Predator that they are stupid and deserve what they got If they take the risk. Did u lose money on this, if so then you are a moron. I liked and still like the game Alien. Does not change that you are a complete dumbass if you prepay for any pinball post what the community as a whole learned from skitB and jpop.

Well, if you kiss ass and get to cut the line you don't have to prepay, Hilton.

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Im going in to my playroom and do some credits on my perfectly playing Alien LE instead of reading the coments here, the time is better of use then . Ohh and some new code is on the way all out war

Thanks for taking the time to share first.

#1311 5 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

RobT & Rarehero drawn back again to post on this subject? It's nice to see when valued members return to contribute again. Many here miss your voices of reason.

This is so true. The "killing the messenger" attitude needs to change. When I was paid in full on Alien & Kim was raising questions about Andrew & HP's credit status, I just flat out did not want to hear it at the time. Didn't want to believe it. Many of us were wearing blinders & had too much invested for this project to fail. Look at any of the other failed projects from other companies. We just get wrapped up in our own little bubble & it can be hard to see the forest for the trees. The mob mentality if you will.
It took time, but thankfully those posts from various pinsiders waving red flags finally began to sink in. Without people questioning what was going on & posting about it, many more people would have lost their money. So if I down-voted the whistleblowers in the past, I'd like to formally apologize. My rose colored glasses were pretty thick at the time.
But now that the preorder model is dead, and many startups have crashed & burned, I think the community can move past all of this bullshit. Not having a risky financial stake in these projects will make a world of difference. Lessons have been learned, that's for sure. Just get back to enjoying pinball.
PS: Andrew is a daft lying deceitful muppet. I'll never forget the way you duped me on the phone & tricked me into sending my balance payment. Karma is a bitch, and I take great pleasure in knowing she'll follow you wherever you go.

Big props to admit and apologize on pinside. Crazy rare here. Compare that to whysnow's posts.

#1312 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

Well, if you kiss ass and get to cut the line you don't have to prepay, Hilton.

Not how it works, but i am capable of negotiating a reasonable deal without all the homoerotic comments some of you suggest. I am also not really risk adverse so I fully understood what could happen when I sent money before getting a game.

#1313 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Have you ever seen Creature from the Black Lagoon? I actually have one and the scarcity of those ramps scare the hell out of me but it doesn't stop people from tripping over themselves to add it to their collection.

I bought fantastic reproduction ramps and installed them in my Creature a few months ago. If you need them for yours, S.F. has them! New ramps really shine over old hazy cracked ones on a game that has such large dominating ramps.

#1314 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can someone form Seattle even call other people snowflakes?

The idea that liberals are more of snowflakes than conservatives is laughable, at least to me. Conservatives are always complaining about everyone else and have a huge problem minding their own business.

#1315 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I bought fantastic reproduction ramps and installed them in my Creature a few months ago, if you need them for yours, S.F. has them!

#1317 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The idea that liberals are more of snowflakes than conservatives is laughable,...

Oh I just meant Seattle people in general...fucking weirdos.

#1318 5 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

and 3 downvotes for that post. really pinside!!??

Haha. FWIW there's a wide range of fanboys on Pinside from one extreme to the other, and most everything here gets some hate. You were just a serious Alien fanboy (as an early buy-in super fan) who's now calling a spade a spade, while other even more serious Alien fanboys continue eat you alive for that. It's crazy out there on Pinside.

Yes, I think you're due some leeway to blow off steam.

Quoted from robotron:

with all due respect, i paid for my alien pinball in full after i received an email requesting payment for my pin as part of the agreement that it would be shipped only after it was paid in full. andrew, imho, sent these emails out knowing that the pins were never ready to be shipped. we dont know what was done with this money or what happened but dont anybody EVER say to me i was at fault for sending them money.

#1319 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh I just meant Seattle people in general...fucking weirdos.

We are, but we are pretty tolerant of other weirdos, they run our businesses and lead our favorite bands Nothing like living in a city where I've peed in bathrooms next to Kurt Cobain, Chris Cornell, and Bill Nye the Science Guy and got yelled by a drunk Courtney Love one night in a club.

#1320 5 years ago

Oh sure, any type of extremist activist is a snowflake, there are plenty on the right, from the Tea Party, to the Anti-Abortion Movement, to the Alt Right and neo-Nazis. But I don't think the extremists on the far left or far right really represent anyone but themselves. Vegans are especially weird, because there are both right wing and left wing vegans, as well as super religious vegans.

#1321 5 years ago

What could we do to make this thread worse? Ever get a lapdance from the President's side chick? I've hung out with Marion Barry and smoked crack but not at the same time.

#1322 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

The idea that liberals are more of snowflakes than conservatives is laughable, at least to me. Conservatives are always complaining about everyone else and have a huge problem minding their own business.

its actually quite the opposite....left wing liberals are alway on the take....

#1323 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Nothing like living in a city where I've peed in bathrooms next to Kurt Cob...

Too true. Remember pissing myself at Cha Chas in 2005. I was more aboot Manray personally...best bar ever

#1324 5 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Oh sure, any type of extremist activist is a snowflake, there are plenty on the right, from the Tea Party, to the Anti-Abortion Movement, to the Alt Right and neo-Nazis. But I don't think the extremists on the far left or far right really represent anyone but themselves. Vegans are especially weird, because there are both right wing and left wing vegans, as well as super religious vegans.

We decided to go vegan recently for health reasons

so many ailments of mine have subsided, bp dropped, minor chest & joint pains stopped..don’t have to pee in the middle of the night anymore, headaches stopped, breath and bowel movements no longer smell of death.

Not trying to get political here. Just thought I would share the health benefits I experienced

#1325 5 years ago

Rock bottom, bitches. Fuck the doomed, you're on your own.

#1326 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

so many ailments of mine have subsided, bp dropped, minor chest & joint pains stopped..don’t have to pee in the middle of the night anymore, headaches stopped, breath and bowel movements no longer smell of death.
Not trying to get political here. Just thought I would share the health benefits I experienced

Jesus Christ, what were you doing before? I eat like a normal person, have a salad and a steak and a few beers and I'm good. I've never had any of these problems and not that it matters on a pinball forum but holy shit, if changing your diet fixed that stuff you were fucking off in the first place. Not trying to talk about health benefits either but the mods got us on lockdown.

#1327 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

Jesus Christ, what were you doing before? I eat like a normal person, have a salad and a steak and a few beers and I'm good. I've never had any of these problems and not that it matters on a pinball forum but holy shit, if changing your diet fixed that stuff you were fucking off in the first place. Not trying to talk about health benefits either but the mods got us on lockdown.

Not at all, he's 100% correct. It's simple, some foods damage your body, and others repair and sustain it. It isn't mumbo jumbo, it's science.

#1328 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

FT is a great game...one that I enjoy most in my small collection and play the most. It's fast and super challenging and has that 1 more game factor. I have MET sitting next to it and when my friends want to play it, I usually watch as the long ball times tend to bore me. But we all have our favourites...right.

I would thumbs down you, because as has been stated Creech ramps are available, but apparently just found out I'm not allowed to disagree with anyone anymore, even people that trolled me. (Not you, just saying.) So, hooray, you win by default!

#1329 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've never had any of these problems

Aww c'mon man, you know your shit and breath stinks like death. At least on some days. LOL

#1330 5 years ago

Are Vegans one of the new gender types were supposed to keep track of?

#1331 5 years ago

I thought Heighway Pinball was onto something with their modular approach to pinball. The idea of swapping out playfilds and griffix for other titles seemed like a great idea especially for those with limited space. Unfortunately after playing FT I was less then impressed. The game play videos are funner to watch then actually playing the game. It stinks. The Aliens I played was right out the box. I found it marginally better to play. The shots seemed better thought out and the theme was pretty cool but still not a game I would fork out money for. I wish these fly-by-night pinball manufactures would stop using up all the good themes and leave them for the pros(Stern) who know how to build a game and have the longevity to see the production through to the end without bailouts, bringing in investors, trying to launch new title pre-orders to pay for previous game production expenses and taking 2-4 years to produce a few hundred units?

#1332 5 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

I've never had any of these problems and not that it matters on a pinball forum but holy shit, if changing your diet fixed that stuff you were fucking off in the first place.

Well yeah, that's why a lot of us go plant-based for that very reason. Changing part of the diet to fix stuff.

#1333 5 years ago

Humans are not meant to be herbivores...end rant.

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Yes, we have our own bathrooms.

#1335 5 years ago

Thought this thread was about Heighway pinball. No idea why everyone is ranting about political bs. So is Heighway legit done? Not sure if any chance more games might get made.

#1337 5 years ago

I joined the vegan club 3 months ago for reasons similar to yours (I was having a lot of stomach/digestion problems that were not going away, despite seeing doctors and given medication that didn't work). This led me to start doing my own research as I was getting pretty frustrated with how I was feeling. Going vegan was not remotely on my radar or something that I thought I would do a very short time ago (big meat eater here)!

Well, I decided to give it a try. Definite improvement 2 weeks in. 90% improvement 4 weeks in. Feeling *much* better overall now, not only with the digestion problems I was having, but in overall health, including lower BP (like you).

I gotta apologize to my buddy Rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Quoted from Astropin:

Humans are not meant to be herbivores...end rant.

Based on what? Let me guess: because we have "canine" teeth?

Anyway, back on topic: Andrew Heighway sucks.

#1338 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I joined the vegan club 3 months ago for reasons similar to yours (I was having a lot of stomach/digestion problems that were not going away, despite seeing doctors and given medication that didn't work). This led me to start doing my own research as I was getting pretty frustrated with how I was feeling. Going vegan was not remotely on my radar or something that I thought I would do a very short time ago (big meat eater here)!
Well, I decided to give it a try. Definite improvement 2 weeks in. 90% improvement 4 weeks in. Feeling *much* better overall now, not only with the digestion problems I was having, but in overall health, including lower BP (like you).
I gotta apologize to my buddy rarehero as I used to give him shit for being a vegan. Sorry bro! You were right.

Anyway, back on topic: Andrew Heighway sucks.

The digestive benefits are due to fiber and the best thing you can eat are leafy greens. The impact can't be overstated.

There is an easy way to validate it for yourself. Ask for a full blood test -liver function, platelet count, cholesterol, the works. Go plant based for 3 months and then ask for another blood test. Rinse and repeat. I do still eat meat, but only up to 12 oz of grass-fed organic beef. Stay away from chicken and pork and ANY processed meat. It's damn near as deadly as tobacco is.

And Andrew Heighway sucks big time.

#1339 5 years ago

Heighway, and this thread have made it there.

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

The digestive benefits are due to fiber and the best thing you can eat are leafy greens. The impact can't be overstated.
There is an easy way to validate it for yourself. Ask for a full blood test -liver function, platelet count, cholesterol, the works. Go plant based for 3 months and then ask for another blood test. Rinse and repeat. I do still eat meat, but only up to 12 oz of grass-fed organic beef. Stay away from chicken and pork and ANY processed meat. It's damn near as deadly as tobacco is.
And Andrew Heighway sucks big time.

Yep, I had blood work done when I went to the doctor for my digestive issues, so I have a great reference point to compare as the blood test was done only about 3-4 weeks before I went vegan. I was already able to see the benefits in reduced BP as I can take those measurements at home obviously, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes there will be regarding my cholesterol levels etc. Ironically, my prior blood test showed that I was borderline anemic despite eating plenty of meat, so it will be interesting to see if that changes/improves since many think that iron is hard to get being vegan.

#1341 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, I had blood work done when I went to the doctor for my digestive issues, so I have a great reference point to compare as the blood test was done only about 3-4 weeks before I went vegan. I was already able to see the benefits in reduced BP as I can take those measurements at home obviously, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what changes there will be regarding my cholesterol levels etc. Ironically, my prior blood test showed that I was borderline anemic despite eating plenty of meat, so it will be interesting to see if that changes/improves since many think that iron is hard to get being vegan.

You should see significant results soon. Iron is a tough one....there is some information here on it.

https://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-safety-of-heme-vs-non-heme-iron/

Since I don't have a science background, Greger is my "go to" as he dumbs it down for people like me.

#1342 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Criticize vegans. I admit I have. But vegans are generally very hot versions of whatever gender they are. So if it helps... vegan female=very hot female gender, vegan male=very hot male gender.

#1343 5 years ago

Oh boy..what did I start here

We represent .5% of the US population so I understand if this subject becomes unpopular

All I can say is mind blown when you really start doing research into ALL aspects of the food industry.

And rob is correct, just look at your teeth

#1344 5 years ago

We represent .5% of the US population so I understand if this subject becomes unpopular
All I can say is mind blown when you really start doing research into ALL aspects of the food industry.

Not to mention that the world's strongest man (power lifter) is a vegan:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/692366/World-strongest-man-Patrick-Baboumian-PETA-vegan

#1345 5 years ago

DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpegDF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg

#1346 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Ha You live in boulder... You get Monthly updates on this kinda PC stuff in your water bill don't you? =)

JJ

#1347 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did I say we are carnivores? No...we are omnivores.

The best diet is a balanced one. Anytime you go extreme in any one direction it usually does not end well. We wouldn't have evolved the brains we have without a high protein diet.

Eat a salad, eat a steak, eat some veggies and fruit. Watch the carbs and especially the sugar.

#1348 5 years ago
Quoted from NinJaBooT:

I thought Heighway Pinball was onto something with their modular approach to pinball. The idea of swapping out playfilds and griffix for other titles seemed like a great idea especially for those with limited space. Unfortunately after playing FT I was less then impressed. The game play videos are funner to watch then actually playing the game. It stinks. The Aliens I played was right out the box. I found it marginally better to play. The shots seemed better thought out and the theme was pretty cool but still not a game I would fork out money for. I wish these fly-by-night pinball manufactures would stop using up all the good themes and leave them for the pros(Stern) who know how to build a game and have the longevity to see the production through to the end without bailouts, bringing in investors, trying to launch new title pre-orders to pay for previous game production expenses and taking 2-4 years to produce a few hundred units?

what the hell does that got to do with going vegan and pissing yourself?!

#1349 5 years ago

How did we get here? Was Andrew a devout vegan and planning to serve vegan-only meals on his luxury hydrofoil tours round Syndey harbour??

#1350 5 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

How did we get here?

It's a typical pinside thread isn't it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

12,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
9,799 (OBO)
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/27?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.