wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.
#1251 5 years ago

Oh, and they stuck Barry with a huge customs bill (on two Aliens Heighway imported to Barry’s old address in Chicago) that I’ll probably have to reimburse him for now.

—Robert

#1252 5 years ago

Why didn't you want Alien?

#1253 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Why didn't you want Alien?

Mainly because of anticipated licensing hassles and having to redo the game from the ground up.

—Robert

#1254 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We did open dialogue to buy Barry’s three games with them on Monday. They refused to sell Queen. Playboy we didn’t want. The third unlicensed game we can recreate under US laws without a problem. We never asked about Alien, but I have been shocked (for some time) that the studio hadn’t already pulled the license after all the breaches of contracts and failure to perform. But will most surely do so now. It also makes me wonder whether they were selling without license rights. Regardless, I doubt very highly we will see Alien produced ever again because the lack of license rights.
—Robert

Yeah, get JPop on it. That will fix everything.

#1255 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

Mainly because of anticipated licensing hassles and having to redo the game from the ground up.

—Robert

Oh, ok. I thought it just needed some tweaking and would be better. Too bad....

#1256 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

just needed some tweaking

Pirates Ted...Pirates

#1257 5 years ago

Why hasn't Whysnow chimed in since this news?

#1258 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Why hasn't Whysnow chimed in since this news?

Too busy price pumping Alien FS thread

#1259 5 years ago

Can I help you?

#1260 5 years ago

Hilton has been banned for 5 days being his usual self. He pumped alien more than Skit b pumped Andrew. Flame him as well, to me hes right there with those two douche bags.

#1261 5 years ago

.. Rebirth of Heighway Pinball ..

Should it not be called Redeath of Heighway Pinball ??

#1262 5 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Hilton has been banned for 5 days being his usual self. He pumped alien more than Skit b pumped Andrew. Flame him as well, to me hes right there with those two douche bags.

I am here. I am not banned. I told anyone dumb enough to prepay post Predator that they are stupid and deserve what they got If they take the risk. Did u lose money on this, if so then you are a moron. I liked and still like the game Alien. Does not change that you are a complete dumbass if you prepay for any pinball post what the community as a whole learned from skitB and jpop.

#1263 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I am here. I am not banned. I told anyone dumb enough to prepay post Predator that they are stupid and deserve what they got If they take the risk. Did u lose money on this, if so then you are a moron. I liked and still like the game Alien. Does not change that you are a complete dumbass if you prepay for any pinball post what the community as a whole learned from skitB and jpop.

Phew...can I go back to being me now?

They were commin at me from all angles

#1264 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Phew...can I go back to being me now?
They were commin at me from all angles

You mean we can't be Simpsons avatar buddies anymore? I got the major pinside avatar bases covered: Big Lebowski & Simpsons combined.

#1265 5 years ago

Disappointing. The Facebook page is down

#1266 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

You mean we can't be Simpsons avatar buddies anymore? I got the major pinside avatar bases covered: Big Lebowski & Simpsons combined.

Sorry I must return to be with my own people...enjoy my new ominous cl avatar

#1267 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I remember about 1000 posts about how great Alien pinball was. Maybe one about "preordering and being careful, but at the same time this isn't like Predator or Jpop?"

You can't say "don't preorder" and then spend 1000 posts going on and on about how Alien is the best game ever, regardless of what you may think I'm sure it caused a bunch of people to stay in or jump in.

Essentially it was like:

be careful preordering, but heighway isn't predator or jpop
omg alien is amazing
new king of flow!
best earnings ever!
no problems on route ever!
More reliable than sterns!
screen is so IMMERSIVE
etc.

Yes, it's not your fault that people preordered, people are responsible for their own actions. But you should be responsible for yours as well, as your actions directly influenced theirs.

#1268 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I remember about 1000 posts about how great Alien pinball was. Maybe one about "preordering and being careful, but at the same time this isn't like Predator or Jpop?"
You can't say "don't preorder" and then spend 1000 posts going on and on about how Alien is the best game ever, regardless of what you may think I'm sure it caused a bunch of people to stay in or jump in.
Essentially it was like:
omg alien is amazing
new king of flow!
best earnings ever!
screen is so IMMERSIVE
etc.
Yes, it's not your fault that people preordered, people are responsible for their own actions. But you should be responsible for yours as well, as your actions directly influenced theirs.

Pinside wouldn't be Pinside if people didn't feel comfortable blaming others, creating drama, conflating opinions, being jerks, and gloating. Good job on keeping it real and petty! Posts like this are exactly what everyone complains about when the groan and roll their eyes when someone brings up Pinsider in person. The majority of pinball players think this place stinks because of this kinda crap.

#1269 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Essentially it was like:
omg alien is amazing
new king of flow!
best earnings ever!
screen is so IMMERSIVE
etc.

Aww, looks like a snowflake needs to vent.

#1270 5 years ago

@taylor34, you hit the nail on the head. 100% agree with your post.

#1271 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor

Interesting, A new chapter in history for me

#1272 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Just a small point, the Germans never bombed Pearl Harbour.

#1273 5 years ago

18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif

#1274 5 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Just a small point, the Germans never bombed Pearl Harbour.

He's referring to a famous line from the popular movie Animal House....

#1275 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Weren’t you originally a big Alien pin fan, raving about it for quite a bit? And didn’t own one? Sorry if I’m confusing you with someone else.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1276 5 years ago
Quoted from deeproot:

We did open dialogue to buy Barry’s three games with them on Monday. They refused to sell Queen. Playboy we didn’t want. The third unlicensed game we can recreate under US laws without a problem.
—Robert

Are you talking about licenses and concepts, or about actual designs as well?

#1277 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Oh, ok. I thought it just needed some tweaking and would be better. Too bad....

Wouldn't be that - it would also be to do with ownership of the design rights. Which is what's got me curious about Barry's games, since there's a chunk of my own DNA involved with how two of those were developed. That in itself doesn't mean a lot legally (and I wouldn't want to take away from Barry in any case, nor create any friction), but it does mean that if they did intend to use the unlicensed game design, either for its original purpose or to retheme it for something else, they wouldn't have the most up-to-date and geometrically refined version of it, which I was still doing things with and working ideas into up to the point of closure.

#1278 5 years ago

I heard the team was on board the new venture

#1279 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Weren’t you originally a big Alien pin fan, raving about it for quite a bit? And didn’t own one? Sorry if I’m confusing you with someone else.

Yup, still am an Alien fan! Game is seriously amazing! I love playing it (newest code is tight!). Game is still a monster of flow.

that does not change that all along I have also told people to be smart about where to spend their money, dont pre-order (and if you do, then accept the blame), learn from the past mistakes of your pinball brothers on JPOP and SkitB.

Quoted from taylor34:

Essentially it was like:

omg alien is amazing
new king of flow!
best earnings ever!
screen is so IMMERSIVE
etc.

Should I call you the WHHHHHAAAAAAAAmbulance?

You can cry all you want, but just because I like a game and said how awesome it is, does not make me complicit in others poor decisions. For the record, Heighway was definitely different than both Jpop and SkitB. They actually produced 2 fun games in some degree of numbers. From what I gather around 100 FullT and 70ish Aliens now? Sucks that this is all going down and I feel bad for everyone that lost money, but we are all responsible for our own bad decisions. You were warned about the possibilities of any company going belly up. You choose what to do with your money in a post Predator Post Jpop world. Own your decisions and stop being such a little twit.

The lack of personal accountability for some of you is just depressing IMHO. Do some adulting for once in your life.

#1280 5 years ago

Multiple posts from me warning head to anyone thinking of putting money down, but this is the most concise. This is from 10 MONTHS ago and still applicable to this day. Multiple other posts warning people, so dont try to cry now and blame whysnow...

Unless that is what you need in life, then I am fine with being your scapegoat so you can get on with your day.

Quoted from Whysnow:

last thing...
I continually told everyone I know that they should wait to buy Aliens till they are shipping in force. Stupid to pay now when you can play one on route and wait for any initial bugs to get worked out.
If they wanted to get in to hold a spot (just could not wait), I encouraged them to only pay their 1k deposit and to pay via paypal backed through credit card. Smart to protect yourself if you are dumb enough to put down a deposit on ANY new game.

#1281 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Should I call you the WHHHHHAAAAAAAAmbulance?
You can cry all you want, but just because I like a game and said how awesome it is, does not make me complicit in others poor decisions. For the record, Heighway was definitely different than both Jpop and SkitB. They actually produced 2 fun games in some degree of numbers. From what I gather around 100 FullT and 70ish Aliens now? Sucks that this is all going down and I feel bad for everyone that lost money, but we are all responsible for our own bad decisions. You were warned about the possibilities of any company going belly up. You choose what to do with your money in a post Predator Post Jpop world. Own your decisions and stop being such a little twit.
The lack of personal accountability for some of you is just depressing IMHO. Do some adulting for once in your life.

I have nothing to do with Alien. I didn't preorder one (because I think preordering is stupid). I don't know what you're talking about with crying, lol, I personally don't really care that Heighway folded at all. But I do occasionally read the Alien threads, and I totally could see how someone who was on the fence could be talked into buying a game based just on your (and some others) comments.

#1282 5 years ago

HeighwayPinballBrothers had a great opportunity to sink deeproot by selling the turd that will be queen!

#1283 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

HeighwayPinballBrothers had a great opportunity to sink deeproot by selling the turd that will be queen!

Obviously, 'The Show must go on'

#1284 5 years ago

Somehow I can't wait for an official announcement by PinballBrothers. I'm really, really curious what they have to say regarding all this.

#1285 5 years ago

Can we change the title of this thread to "The Afterbirth of Heighway Pinball"?

#1286 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Obviously, 'The Show must go on'

Pinball puts people " Under Pressure"

#1287 5 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Pinball puts people " Under Pressure"

But when they win a tournament, they can say “we are the champions”

#1288 5 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Agreed, but after his role in the Predator fiasco (which he did apologize for), and given his constant over the top hype of games he likes, anyone who pays any attention to anything he says is their own worst enemy. I guess maybe we need a way to flag some accounts/avatar with a 'warning this guy has proven to give bad advice or shill games, don't listen to him", sort of a indicator. I guess his 20% down vote ratio and 75 instances of being moderated, should be an indication of 'read/follow at your own risk'. (and yes, I'm sure whysnow will now point out dozens of folks with worse ratings, or how thumbs down just mean people disagree, etc.)

It does show various icons with info next to someones avatar, maybe it should show some sort of 'Trust rating' or 'bull sh** meter'. Maybe it needs to be different then the thumbs up/thumbs down, over time you start to learn who it make sense to list to (e.g. LTG is at 99% never been moderated -- 'can be trusted'). But for newer folks on pinside, not always clear, if you are getting good, unbiased, trustworthy advice.

#1289 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

But when they win a tournament, they can say “we are the champions”

Nicely put. Love the flow....

#1290 5 years ago
#1291 5 years ago

I get the anger towards Hilton but there was another Pinsider that was relentless with his fanboy spamming for Heighway. He's a very clever writer when it comes to excuses but I don't understand his being able to skate on all of this without an apology.

#1292 5 years ago

If we’re being honest, no one got into Alien or stayed in on Alien because of @whysnow. He’s a tireless cheerleader for games he likes, often to a laughable degree. But everyone reading the Alien thread was well aware of that (and was frequently reminded by other posters). So while there were a few “things are looking up” and “sounds like they’ll be shipping soon” type posts, I don’t recall him making the kinds of dubious claims of inside knowledge or personal attacks against “haters” that we saw from him during the Predator meltdown.

#1293 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If we’re being honest, no one got into Alien or stayed in on Alien because of whysnow. He’s a tireless cheerleader for games he likes, often to a laughable degree. But everyone reading the Alien thread was well aware of that (and was frequently reminded by other posters). So while there were a few “things are looking up” and “sounds like they’ll be shipping soon” type posts, I don’t recall him making the kinds of dubious claims of inside knowledge or personal attacks against “haters” that we saw during the Predator meltdown.

thanks for that.
yet some seem to think they can rewrite their own narrative.

When fosaisu is backing me, then that shows you how wrong people like Taylor are of their altered memories.

#1294 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I get the anger towards Hilton but there was another Pinsider that was relentless with his fanboy spamming for Heighway. He's a very clever writer when it comes to excuses but I don't understand his being able to skate on all of this without an apology.
That's all I intend to say on the subject.

I know people who paid in full for this game years ago who hardly ever get on pinside. The bottom line is that some pinsiders who are Pro a company that fails have no responsibility as a pinsider who are Con a company which succeeds. People here just give their opinions and its up to the individual to either let that influence them or not.

#1295 5 years ago
Quoted from fishbone:

Somehow I can't wait for an official announcement by PinballBrothers. I'm really, really curious what they have to say regarding all this.

They weren't exactly good with PR and communication the second go around.
Somehow I do t think the third time going to be much better.

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

#1297 5 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

They weren't exactly good with PR and communication the second go around.
Somehow I do t think the third time going to be much better.

It's gonna be interesting on many levels!

#1298 5 years ago

Im going in to my playroom and do some credits on my perfectly playing Alien LE instead of reading the coments here, the time is better of use then . Ohh and some new code is on the way all out war

#1299 5 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Im going in to my playroom and do some credits on my perfectly playing Alien LE instead of reading the coments here, the time is better of use then . Ohh and some new code is on the way all out war

Be gentle with it as replacement parts may be hard to come by.

#1300 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Aurich, perhaps? I fail to see how any of this would be his fault, or Hilton's. It's utterly ridiculous that in the post-Predator/MagicGirl era that anyone is...<whatever> enough to give money to new pinball companies before they are shipping games, but fanbois gonna fanboi.... nobody's to blame but themselves for taking a gamble on these companies.. people have now been warned how many times?

Predator
Magic Girl
Alice in Wonderland
BHZA
Lebowski (AFAIK, anyways)
Heighway
Those guys that swore to all of us they were going to make that laughable super premium Cthulu game that you couldn't even back up to a wall because it had crap on the BACK..lol..

I mean...how many more times this have to happen? Pinball is an expensive hobby, and an expensive business. Maybe people should remember that.

Heighway's primary failure was having their first game be a turd. I'm sorry, F-T owners....I've played it several times and it's just a very mediocre game with interesting rules, but a terrible feel to it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,999 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.