wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.
#1201 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I don't even notice when 5 o' clock rolls around.

Yes I'm familiar with your online reviews sir.

#1202 5 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

Hello to all pinball enthusiasts out there, we are active investors in Heighway Pinball Ltd.

ONE POST!
This is why you went out of bussiness.
Just down voted it.

#1203 5 years ago

"abandoned ship"

Is that the most appropriate phrase?

Is this where the Alien money got spunked (from the Oz Daily Telegraph via google images)?

Picture1 (resized).jpgPicture1 (resized).jpg

#1205 5 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

...aaaand the redeath.

Wonder if OP will come edit his Topic Title?

#1206 5 years ago

Well versed with original HP and New HP, looking forward to hearing from HP NewHP2. To heck with that, it is better to let her lay down and die here slowly and mercifully.

#1207 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

"abandoned ship"

Someone throw this guy a life jacket!

LJ (resized).jpgLJ (resized).jpg

#1208 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How’s the rebirth going?

Aborted.

#1209 5 years ago

alien8 (resized).jpgalien8 (resized).jpg

#1210 5 years ago

F*** heighway! I am normally friendly and try to find the best in people, but I’m struggling to come to terms with this. I only had a deposit down, so not out as much as others. But to be lied to over and over since requesting a refund way back in August 2018 is very very frustrating and I really feel I have been taken advantage of!!
Burn in hell you lying, cheating and stealing bastards!
Grrrrrrrrrrr....

Added over 6 years ago: F*** heighway! I am normally friendly and try to find the best in people, but I’m struggling to come to terms with this. I only had a deposit down, so not out as much as others. But to be lied to over and over since requesting a refund way back in August 2017 is very very frustrating and I really feel I have been taken advantage of!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr....

#1211 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

But to be lied to over and over since requesting a refund way back in August 2018

August 2018 hasn't happened yet.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Just think you should fix the year for posterity.

#1212 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

August 2018 hasn't happened yet.

But I predict that month will be a dandy! If things keep going as they are...

#1213 5 years ago

Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg

#1214 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

F*** heighway! I am normally friendly and try to find the best in people, but I’m struggling to come to terms with this. I only had a deposit down, so not out as much as others. But to be lied to over and over since requesting a refund way back in August 2018 is very very frustrating and I really feel I have been taken advantage of!!
Grrrrrrrrrrr....

You must be thinking of a Williams Time Warp.

#1216 5 years ago

This does not sound good:

Notice category:Corporate InsolvencyNotice type:Meetings of CreditorsPublication date:26 April 2018 Edition:The London Gazette Notice ID:3015879Notice code:2442
HEIGHWAY PINBALL LIMITED
(Company Number 08087382)

Registered office: Midway House Herrick Way Staverton Technology Park Staverton Cheltenham Gloucestershire GL51 6TQ

Principal trading address: Unit 35, Rassau Industrial Estate, Rassau, Merthyr Tydfil, Ebbw Vale NP23 5SD

NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the directors of the company are convening a virtual meeting of creditors to be held on 4 May 2018 at 11.30 am, for the purpose of deciding on the nomination of a liquidator.

Creditors can access the virtual meeting as follows: Contact Mark Hunt

In order to be entitled to vote creditors must deliver proxies and proofs to 11 Roman Way Business Centre, Berry Hill, Droitwich, Worcestershire WR9 9AJ by 12 noon on the business day before the day of the meeting.

NOTE: the meeting may be suspended or adjourned by the chair of the meeting (and must be adjourned if it is so resolved at the meeting).

Further information about this case is available from Mark Hunt at the offices of MB Insolvency on 01905 776 771 or at [email protected]

#1217 5 years ago

I have sent email to Mark Hunt to request access to the meeting of creditors.

#1218 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

We wish you the best. Im assuming there could be as many as 40-70 owed money or assets.
Please let us know how you do and info on meeting greatly appreciated.

#1219 5 years ago

Well I guess they've finally put us out of our misery. No point in following these threads any longer in hopes of Heighway turning it around.

Sorry to all you guys who have lost money. I still have a game although the value has just gone down considerably....bummer.

#1220 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Well I guess they've finally put us out of our misery. No point in following these threads any longer in hopes of Heighway turning it around.
Sorry to all you guys who have lost money. I still have a game although the value has just gone down considerably....bummer.

Why has the value just gone down? Now it’s a collectors item

#1221 5 years ago

Yeah, imo, that's actually the most messed up thing about all of this for the early preorder people. In addition to losing your money, you get to see the machine that you should have gotten and other people have (most of whom ordered well after you) likely go way up in value so even if you ever have the stomach to purchase one later, you'll just have to shell out even more.

Just an additional little "f*ck you" to the early supporters courtesy of Heighway Pinball. You know, to compensate them for removal of the fiber optic ramps or something.

#1222 5 years ago

I can see the creditors hauling various things away from the office: chairs, tables, electrical equipment, Whysnow, soldering stations, etc. You know, the usual....

#1223 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

I can see the creditors hauling various things away from the office: chairs, tables, electrical equipment, Whysnow, soldering stations, etc. You know, the usual....

Nice slip in.

#1224 5 years ago

Alright, I’m finally convinced. Where do I order?

#1225 5 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Why has the value just gone down? Now it’s a collectors item

Maybe...I mean, how is Heigway's machines any different that Bally/Williams, Capcom, Data East, Gottlieb...right? There's still a big market for those machines so I suppose it's just now up to people to get creative on how they keep Heigway's machines going. At least now the pinball community knows they're on their own with these machines and maybe some people will get busy with some great mods? Maybe this is a good thing...we finally get to turn the page on Heighway and start focusing on picking up where they left off.

#1226 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Maybe...I mean, how is Heigway's machines any different that Bally/Williams, Capcom, Data East, Gottlieb...right?

Tech support. Parts. Heighway games are in far fewer numbers than Bally/Williams, Capcom, Data East, Gottlieb.

#1227 5 years ago
Quoted from earflaps:

Maybe...I mean, how is Heigway's machines any different that Bally/Williams, Capcom, Data East, Gottlieb...right? There's still a big market for those machines so I suppose it's just now up to people to get creative on how they keep Heigway's machines going. At least now the pinball community knows they're on their own with these machines and maybe some people will get busy with some great mods? Maybe this is a good thing...we finally get to turn the page on Heighway and start focusing on picking up where they left off.

I think it's pretty straight forward. If the community can figure out how to keep these games up and running then the value will go way up. If they can't then the value will crash. There is no inbetween.

#1228 5 years ago

Wait....this is not over yet!

#1229 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Wait....this is not over yet!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

#1230 5 years ago
Quoted from oyvindmo:

I hear his brother Mike is a lot of fun.

#1231 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Good one.

#1233 5 years ago

^^^^^ I truly wish i could upvote this more than once^^^^^

#1234 5 years ago

My guess is prepaid deposits and paid-in-full supporters have lost all money and are no longer in line. If HP 2.0 happens and if they start to building machines, these will be for new paying customers only. As such, if you want to buy an Alien and are looking to make it happen, there are a few in marketplace. A bird in hand is way better than counting on a pipe dream of a pipe dream, so why not buy one of those?

#1235 5 years ago

Celebrating the possibilities of a company being successful is awesome, but the Pinsiders who made concerted efforts to shout down legitimate debate around Heighway's ability to deliver should not be forgotten.

Maybe Robin can implement a Scarlet Letter feature.

#1236 5 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

the Pinsiders who made concerted efforts to shout down legitimate debate around Heighway's ability to deliver should not be forgotten.

Whatever posts of theirs were not removed or modified in the process, their memory will still remain.

This whole thing is more of an afterbirth now.

#1237 5 years ago
Quoted from purplemunkydishw:

I hear his brother Mike is a lot of fun.

Came here for this, was not disappointed.

#1238 5 years ago

I'm starting to lose count of how many pre-order machines that go belly up: Predator, the Big Lebowski, Aliens, etc,

#1239 5 years ago

Maybe Deep root will buy this and ad to there collection.

#1240 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

Maybe Deep root will by this and ad to there collection.

Wouldn't that be a full circle to come back to Nordman again... although the design is fully set at this point.

#1241 5 years ago

I would not hold my breath, but it would be amazing if some established pinball company swooped in and bought up the game rights for cheap in liquidation, re-upped the licensing, and fixed the problematic components and manufactured the game in the right way. Stern may be the only company that has the financial means, licensing experts, manufacturing capability, and manufacturing/engineering know-how to do the salvation.

#1242 5 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

but it would be amazing if some established pinball company swooped in and bought up the game rights for cheap in liquidation, re-upped the licensing, and fixed the problematic components and manufactured the game in the right way.

I think that would be more in the miracle range of things.

#1243 5 years ago

So it looks like Heighway's 3rd machine: Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids won't be happening. So don't spend any pre-order money on that.Yes, you have to be told.

#1244 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

HA! funniest thing I have heard all day!!!! never gets old

#1245 5 years ago

My God....I doubt Stern would want to inherit Heighway's nightmares. That just sounds like a bad business plan. Further, Stern's business plan is to keep finding ways to cut corners and make cheaper pins for the almighty buck...machines like FT and Alien just don't work for that business model...just sayin'.

#1246 5 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

So it looks like Heighway's 3rd machine: Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids won't be happening. So don't spend any pre-order money on that.Yes, you have to be told.

Isn't the real reason behind it not getting made was because Bill was found guilty

#1247 5 years ago

Did they give schematics out for either full throttle or alien?
if they didn't I'd highly suggest that any alien/full throttle owners try to get with the company to get ahold of those to be made public, before you can't get ahold of them.

#1248 5 years ago
Quoted from HeighwayPinball:

There are absolutely no plans to liquidate this company. Everyone is committed to pushing the company forward and delivering games to customers.

such hopes and dreams

#1249 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

such hopes and dreams

Put it on the tombstone.

#1250 5 years ago

We did open dialogue to buy Barry’s three games with them on Monday. They refused to sell Queen. Playboy we didn’t want. The third unlicensed game we can recreate under US laws without a problem. We never asked about Alien, but I have been shocked (for some time) that the studio hadn’t already pulled the license after all the breaches of contracts and failure to perform. But will most surely do so now. It also makes me wonder whether they were selling without license rights. Regardless, I doubt very highly we will see Alien produced ever again because the lack of license rights.

—Robert

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

9,799 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.