wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Is new Heighway management going to do any new addressing on their website or status of things?

That seems to be the $8,800 question.

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Is new Heighway management going to do any new addressing on their website or status of things?

E947CD4D-EF00-4247-A26E-8760BCC98563.gifE947CD4D-EF00-4247-A26E-8760BCC98563.gif

#1153 6 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

As of this moment, they have not.

2 weeks later
#1154 6 years ago

So I guess we can say this isn’t a rebirth but an afterbirth?

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from Drenden:

So I guess we can say this isn’t a rebirth but an afterbirth?

That Joke as made in post #1143. You your late and your timing is off.

Quoted from aeonblack:

You might have to settle for the afterbirth

QSS

#1156 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

Sheesh! Can't get away with nuthin' around here!

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from QuickSilverShelby:

QSS

No, i made that joke months ago. Way further back.
We arent even at container 2 out of wales yet. Shame, this game should have never been made in England. I want this so much to thrive, company to succeed. But my gut thinks it will fold by game 100..

#1158 6 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Shame, this game should have never been made in England.

....should have been made in Lakewood, NJ!

#1159 6 years ago

Or Wales.

#1161 6 years ago

They are making these things in England?!

Better get some oil pans to put underneath.

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are making these things in England?!
Better get some oil pans to put underneath.

No, they are making them in Wales.

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

No, they are making them in Wales.

90% of people in the US consider that the same thing, or just don't know the difference (which is most).

#1164 6 years ago

As mentioned on the Who's Working On What-page (http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=34) on the Pinball Magazine website: pinball designer Barry Oursler is this week in Wales to work ona new Heighway Pinball prototype he designed. The game is based on a licensed theme and will be a widebody. Barry has two more designs coming up, one licensed and one original theme.

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

As mentioned on the Who's Working On What-page (http://www.pinball-magazine.com/?page_id=34) on the Pinball Magazine website: pinball designer Barry Oursler is this week in Wales to work ona new Heighway Pinball prototype he designed. The game is based on a licensed theme and will be a widebody. Barry has two more designs coming up, one licensed and one original theme.

All of which is true; Barry and his vast experiences is right here in the office behind me, with everyone around a big desk with the third game's blueprint on it, and the game's artist has been getting his brief for the game along with plenty of research material on how best to approach it and ideas we've been throwing at him. It's been a really busy and productive week - with multiple projects on the cards at once, game three is something of a joint collaboration between Barry and myself with Barry at the helm giving his guidance and me assisting, while game four - whatever it turns out to be - is a more solo game on Barry's part.

#1166 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

Barry and his vast experiences is right here in the office behind me, with everyone around a big desk with the third game's blueprint on it, and the game's artist has been getting his brief for the game along with plenty of research material on how best to approach it and ideas we've been throwing at him. It's been a really busy and productive week - with multiple projects on the cards at once,

That's great and all...but I sure wish Heighway would spend a little time supporting existing customers. I purchased an Alien at TPF in March, and I'm still stuck on version 0.94 of the code because I need new hardware to update. Both Heighway and Cointaker have promised updated parts many times since March...I have a long string of emails. I have even offered to PAY for new parts and shipping....but as of today - November 16 - I still have no idea when or if I will receive them.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

That's great and all...but I sure wish Heighway would spend a little time supporting existing customers. I purchased an Alien at TPF in March, and I'm still stuck on version 0.94 of the code because I need new hardware to update. Both Heighway and Cointaker have promised updated parts many times since March...I have a long string of emails. I have even offered to PAY for new parts and shipping....but as of today - November 16 - I still have no idea when or if I will receive them.

Yes, really important to demonstrate post purchase service. Remember that the augmented product is equally important Heighway!

2CC609E2-270B-4DE2-81B6-ACD6D0D62100 (resized).jpeg2CC609E2-270B-4DE2-81B6-ACD6D0D62100 (resized).jpeg

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

90% of people in the US consider that the same thing, or just don't know the difference (which is most).

Just say UK, it covers everything on this little island.

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from EalaDubhSidhe:

All of which is true; Barry and his vast experiences is right here in the office behind me, with everyone around a big desk with the third game's blueprint on it, and the game's artist has been getting his brief for the game along with plenty of research material on how best to approach it and ideas we've been throwing at him. It's been a really busy and productive week - with multiple projects on the cards at once, game three is something of a joint collaboration between Barry and myself with Barry at the helm giving his guidance and me assisting, while game four - whatever it turns out to be - is a more solo game on Barry's part.

All in poor taste when paid customers have not received their machines and are being stepped over for fresh money. Also lies being told and little or no communication concerning replacement parts for broken machines and refund requests continually being ignored.

Glad that Heighway 2.0 is full steam ahead but it's become an abusive Kickstarter program cobbled together with non-consenting customers.

#1170 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Yes, really important to demonstrate post purchase service. Remember that the augmented product is equally important Heighway!

THIS

I don't care what is coming down the line, until I see them taking care of existing customers and fixing issues in a timely manner I will not even think about purchasing a Heighway game.

#1171 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

This is being dealt with. Even though it's not my department, I keep making everyone aware of your posts and your frustration.

#1172 6 years ago

I really hope Heighway can get their act together and start delivering more games. I had the opportunity to spend some quality time on Alien the other day, and the game is super fun and a real breath of fresh air. It would be a shame if such a cool and unique game only makes its way into the hands of a select few.

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

At least you have a game. I paid in full for an Alien LE and Full Throttle LE. They can’t even ship me the Full Throttle, let alone acknowledge my repeated requests for an update. I even told them they could downgrade me to the standard version on both games, keep the price difference, if they would just build and ship my games. Still no acknowledgement. If you have paid in full for Heighway pins, then good luck. Other than their good name - which is long gone, they have no incentive to speed things along. I have also gone so far as to offer getting the Aliens manufactured in the U.S. and paying them a substantial royalty on every game made. That would take a huge weight off their shoulders, but they remain silent.

I’m am so frustrated with these guys. Andrew would at least communicate with you - mostly lies - but these guys ignore you. Do you think they can afford a US court judgement against them. My attorney advises me that something called the ‘Hague convention’? (Not sure if I have this right) allows you to obtain a judgement in the US which a foreign company would then be forced to abide by.

#1174 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

At least you have a game. I paid in full for an Alien LE and Full Throttle LE. They can’t even ship me the Full Throttle, let alone acknowledge my repeated requests for an update. I even told them they could downgrade me to the standard version on both games, keep the price difference, if they would just build and ship my games. Still no acknowledgement. If you have paid in full for Heighway pins, then good luck. Other than their good name - which is long gone, they have no incentive to speed things along. I have also gone so far as to offer getting the Aliens manufactured in the U.S. and paying them a substantial royalty on every game made. That would take a huge weight off their shoulders, but they remain silent.
I’m am so frustrated with these guys. Andrew would at least communicate with you - mostly lies - but these guys ignore you. Do you think they can afford a US court judgement against them. My attorney advises me that something called the ‘Hague convention’? (Not sure if I have this right) allows you to obtain a judgement in the US which a foreign company would then be forced to abide by.

Try and get a refund? Did you order direct? Looks like they should be shipping STDs to cointaker, if you still want a game after maybe try ordering one from them. IF you can get your cash back.. FT you should be able to find around (standard though). Too bad it wasnt just a deposit.

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

Damn, these guys need to take care of you. I happily got my parts for my Alien, and it works now, my Full Throttle, still needs a few things - so waiting again as well...

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

They need to take care of you man. You paid in full for 2 LEs and have not received either game?

#1177 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

My attorney advises me that something called the ‘Hague convention’? (Not sure if I have this right) allows you to obtain a judgement in the US which a foreign company would then be forced to abide by.

I don’t think this is correct. I believe The Hague convention refers to children needing to reside in the country they were raised when parents separate and move countries.

#1178 6 years ago

Your attorney most likely was referring to the Hague Convention on Foreign Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters or the Hague Trust Convention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Trust_Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Convention_on_Foreign_Judgments_in_Civil_and_Commercial_Matters

#1179 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Your attorney most likely was referring to the Hague Convention on Foreign Judgments in Civil and Commercial Matters or the Hague Trust Convention.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Trust_Convention
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hague_Convention_on_Foreign_Judgments_in_Civil_and_Commercial_Matters

Ya. That sounds right.
Is it cheaper for them to defend a lawsuit than just refund me or ship my games? They must really be cash strapped not to be able to ship me, at a minimum, the Full Throttle. Unfortunately, I drank the ‘Andrew koolaid’ and bought direct - believing, naively, that I was going to ‘the front of the line’ and get my games more rapidly. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. This is probably not a good policy with pinball manufacturers....

#1180 6 years ago

Looks like we know how Barry's expenses & salary are being funded....

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

In any case, I'm happy to see that Barry is doing well.

It didn't look too good for him a couple of years ago.

https://www.gofundme.com/6fgkt0

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Also remember that Barry was recruited by Andrew some time ago - I tend to recall a public announcement hidden somewhere in the huge Heighway thread. Happy to know his efforts will come to fruition, and that he will get paid eventually.

I was happy to support Barry through the gofundme campaign as well. No regrets!

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from Davidus56:

Ya. That sounds right.
Is it cheaper for them to defend a lawsuit than just refund me or ship my games? They must really be cash strapped not to be able to ship me, at a minimum, the Full Throttle. Unfortunately, I drank the ‘Andrew koolaid’ and bought direct - believing, naively, that I was going to ‘the front of the line’ and get my games more rapidly. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. This is probably not a good policy with pinball manufacturers....

Should post in mk6pins refund thread, sounds like another 16k to add to the total...

#1184 6 years ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

This is being dealt with. Even though it's not my department, I keep making everyone aware of your posts and your frustration.

I'm trying not to be impatient, but my situation is similar to PartyKing's.

2 weeks later
#1186 6 years ago

interesting, but I guess not surprising. Andrew isn't even in the building as a figurehead. But that would also seem to indicate the investors see a future beyond Alien.

#1187 6 years ago

Makes sense for the new owners to put their stamp on it.
Data east/Sega/Stern
Heighway/PinBros?

#1188 6 years ago

what is their nickname/abbreviation going to be PBL as a company name/abbreviation is taken

#1189 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

what is their nickname/abbreviation going to be PBL as a company name/abbreviation is taken ...

PBRO has a nice ring to it!

#1190 6 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

what is their nickname/abbreviation going to be PBL as a company name/abbreviation is taken

Yes, Pinball Lovers (PBL) has been out there for quite a number of years now...

Brad

4 months later
#1191 5 years ago

How’s the rebirth going?

#1192 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How’s the rebirth going?

As someone who was paid in full and will lose it all, I still had to laugh

#1193 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

How’s the rebirth going?

Quoted from aeonblack:

You might have to settle for the afterbirth

Still an afterbirth.

#1194 5 years ago

Really sucks to see any Pinball manufacturer to be in trouble. Good luck!

#1195 5 years ago

Good news is we will soon have a new rebirth of a rebirth thread..... rebirth inception

#1196 5 years ago

The whole way in which they came through with 1 post and then ghosted out always felt off...

9B269316-8538-4B1E-A47F-4BB166EA0B95 (resized).png9B269316-8538-4B1E-A47F-4BB166EA0B95 (resized).png

#1197 5 years ago
Quoted from HP_INVESTOR:

The company will have new management, new leadership and new funding to make sure that everyone, who has money at stake, will get their ordered pinball machines.

Regards
Investor Group - Heighway Pinball Ltd

so much for that

#1198 5 years ago
Quoted from Tim_may:

so much for that

Yep, and not that I'm really counting but I got three thumbs down for this post. Keep em coming!

Quoted from o-din:

Funny how the op made one post in this thread and then abandoned ship.

#1199 5 years ago

Think about how much fuller his life is having stopped Pinside after 1 post. Living the dream!

#1200 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think about how much fuller his life is having stopped Pinside after 1 post. Living the dream!

Dude, then I'd have nothing to do at work but stare at the palm trees and cars going by. Pinside makes the work day go by much faster.

Sometimes I don't even notice when 5 o' clock rolls around.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

13,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

9,799 (OBO)
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/24?hl=tim_may and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.