wrdTqFz[1] (resized).png
DF85002B-E470-4345-8F93-44FC32C41B8F (resized).jpeg
18FF8325-6F5C-4BDD-9562-3E851AE1080C.gif
Unknown (resized).jpeg
alien8 (resized).jpg
LJ (resized).jpg
Picture1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 31.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Or is it a facebook post?

email

Quoted from JeffF:

"Working hard to reach out"? I guess that means they'll let someone relay the message they sent to a select number of people?

just got it....I'm glad they are staying as far away from pinside as possible. They can't win here, too toxic with all the bad feelings. No news, jump down their throats, news, jump down their throats.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

that one was debunked and revealed to be a modified standard, so no LE's yet.

So does this mean that Join_The_Cirqus will receive another L/E pin? Circus, can you clarify? Either the pin is a L/E or it isn't, right?

#1103 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So does this mean that join_the_cirqus will receive another L/E pin? Circus, can you clarify? Either the pin is a L/E or it isn't, right?

Who cares? I don't mean that is a harsh way, but who cares what he got? from what I remember he opted to take a SE plus a few extras that would be part of the LE package as he wanted it asap. There hasn't been any LE's made and shipped yet with all the features that should be there.

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I'm glad they are staying as far away from pinside as possible.

I agree 100% sir.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So does this mean that join_the_cirqus will receive another L/E pin? Circus, can you clarify? Either the pin is a L/E or it isn't, right?

I have been in communication with Daniel and Helmut which have assured me I will be recieving the missing items:
Alien LE Fiber Ramp Lighting Kit
Alien LE Shaker Motor
Alien LE Plaque # 94
Alien LE Goodie Bag

Actions will speak for me, so I will see what happens.
Had about 40 People over last Saturday and everyone said the game played amazing.
The Polk Sub adds alot to the gameplay too.

No issues or incidents to report

#1106 6 years ago

These pinball charlatans will close shop soon enough. Please stop talking like they will produce any pinbal machines going forward. Right now you should expect their failure. That's the track record.

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

Yes it does, by design. I added a sub-woofer to the studio Jan 2016 and both Alien and Dialed In have content that use it. It is a little more effort to get the bottom octave right than to ignore it. There are some swoops and punches that are a lot of fun if you have it. At around $100 it is a good addition.

ddt

#1109 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

These pinball charlatans will close shop soon enough. Please stop talking like they will produce any pinbal machines going forward. Right now you should expect their failure. That's the track record.

We know by now you aren't buying one. Please give it a rest. Thank you.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from Msch:

At it again!!! I love your act! That thread you did slamming Spooky was hilarious....unless you were serious, then it was idiocy.

#1112 6 years ago

I have been in communication with Daniel and Helmut which have assured me I will be recieving the missing items:
Alien LE Fiber Ramp Lighting Kit
Alien LE Shaker Motor
Alien LE Plaque # 94
Alien LE Goodie Bag
Actions will speak for me, so I will see what happens.
Had about 40 People over last Saturday and everyone said the game played amazing.
No issues or incidents to report

Very cool, you seem to have a very impressive collection, how does it play relative to the others in your collection (e.g. were people gravitating toward it, did it lose attention relative to an easier more accessible pin like Medieval Madness, etc.)?

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Very cool, you seem to have a very impressive collection, how does it play relative to the others in your collection (e.g. were people gravitating toward it, did it lose attention relative to an easier more accessible pin like Medieval Madness, etc.)?

Thanks for the Kind words
It is currently my favorite game, i have it set on Hard and the Levelers raised up all the way in the back.
There were nice lines of 6-8 people for most of the night waiting to play again.

#1114 6 years ago

Thanks for the Kind words
It is currently my favorite game, i have it set on Hard and the Levelers raised up all the way in the back.
There were nice lines of 6-8 people for most of the night waiting to play again.

I know this has been covered before, but I'll say it again, just in case you missed it before.

Increasing the playfield angle actually makes the game easier in most cases. (Unless it makes ramps tough to hit.) Generally speaking, there is much less side to side ball travel, and balls are easier to catch and control on the flipper.

You should level games left to right, and set the playfield angle recommended by the designer. Usually 6.5 degrees.

A shallower angle will cause more float play with lots of outline drains.

Steeper will cause the ball to fall more predictably, and you may have more center drains.

Obviously, it depends on the pin, but generally speaking, Steeper=Harder is a misconception.

#1115 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Sorry but I disagree, once you increase the speed thats when things get challenging, even if its true that flipper control becomes easier which I've never found with a steep angle its still seems more difficult and more fun for me, to each his own.

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Sorry but I disagree, once you increase the speed thats when things get challenging, even if its true that flipper control becomes easier which I've never found with a steep angle its still seems more difficult and more fun for me, to each his own.

100% agree

#1117 6 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

I know this has been covered before, but I'll say it again, just in case you missed it before.
Increasing the playfield angle actually makes the game easier in most cases. (Unless it makes ramps tough to hit.) Generally speaking, there is much less side to side ball travel, and balls are easier to catch and control on the flipper.
You should level games left to right, and set the playfield angle recommended by the designer. Usually 6.5 degrees.
Steeper will cause the ball to fall more predictably, and you may have more center drains.
Obviously, it depends on the pin, but generally speaking, Steeper=Harder is a misconception.

I tried it at 6.5 degrees and it was really slow and floaty like an early solid state widebody can be. Moved it to 6.8 as someone else said it plays good at that slope. Better. Put it at 7.4 and now it's no longer as floaty and still has side to side action + action in the pop bumpers so I don't think it's too high. I wouldn't go much higher than that as I had it around 8 and it lost the side to side action. 6.8-7.5 is probably optimal with this game.

#1118 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

I'd be weary of taking info from Circus. Remember he painted the legs/rails of his game and tried to pass it off like it came from the factory. People questioned him and he wasn't up front and honest and just down voted people who questioned him and never gave an explanation (stormed out of the thread). All very childish.

#1119 6 years ago

Let me know if you need anything else

#1120 6 years ago

Id be Weary of taking advise from Pale purple.
He seems to have a creative way of fabricating negativity

Nah. I'd go with what he said.

You seem to have a creative way of fabricating positively, to the detriment of people trying to make buying decisions on this forum.

#1121 6 years ago
Quoted from stevevt:

Nah. I'd go with what he said.
You seem to have a creative way of fabricating positively, at the detriment of people trying to make buying decisions on this forum.

Ok

#1122 6 years ago

So I guess technically one L/E does exist then.

#1123 6 years ago

Here are some cool Audits I just Took
If there is anything you want to see let me know

IMG_3192 (resized).JPGIMG_3192 (resized).JPG

IMG_3193 (resized).JPGIMG_3193 (resized).JPG

IMG_3194 (resized).JPGIMG_3194 (resized).JPG

IMG_3195 (resized).JPGIMG_3195 (resized).JPG

IMG_3196 (resized).JPGIMG_3196 (resized).JPG

IMG_3197 (resized).JPGIMG_3197 (resized).JPG

IMG_3198 (resized).JPGIMG_3198 (resized).JPG

IMG_3199 (resized).JPGIMG_3199 (resized).JPG

IMG_3200 (resized).JPGIMG_3200 (resized).JPG

IMG_3201 (resized).JPGIMG_3201 (resized).JPG

#1124 6 years ago

"Id be Weary of taking advise from Pale purple.
He seems to have a creative way of fabricating negativity"

The only person doing any fabricating is you (or did you go back and edit those posts as well to try and save face?) I just want everything about Alien to be honest. Look at my posting history and you will see that, I have been in on a LE for a while (coin taker said I would have one of the first LEs they get if not the first) nobody wants this game to get finished and ship more than me but there doesn't need to be any more lies than there already have been. We don't people pulling a fast one and putting out misinformation like you did/tried to do.

#1125 6 years ago

Here are some cool Audits I just Took
If there is anything you want to see let me know

How about a shot showing balls played?

At last the new Owners/Investors aren't so brazen as to try trademarkimg the devil horns gesture like that Gene Simmons. Sheesh, that guy is completely nutz.

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about a shot showing balls played?
At last the new Owners/Investors aren't so brazen as to try trademarkimg the devil horns gesture like that Gene Simmons. Sheesh, that guy is completely nutz.

I can't seem to find that as an audit you can view

I looked a few times

Took some pics of the Scoring Audits though

IMG_3212 (resized).JPGIMG_3212 (resized).JPG

IMG_3213 (resized).JPGIMG_3213 (resized).JPG

IMG_3214 (resized).JPGIMG_3214 (resized).JPG

IMG_3215 (resized).JPGIMG_3215 (resized).JPG

IMG_3216 (resized).JPGIMG_3216 (resized).JPG

IMG_3217 (resized).JPGIMG_3217 (resized).JPG

IMG_3218 (resized).JPGIMG_3218 (resized).JPG

#1127 6 years ago

The machine is just gorgeous. I hope the investors follow through because they will sell a shit ton of these.

#1128 6 years ago

I want to buy an Alien as soon as it's in production and I've played it. Not yet though. Too early!

#1129 6 years ago

I was in those lines, thanks again for having me over.

Game plays great, I was there for about 5 hours and everyone that played seemed to really enjoy it.

I ordered an LE from Cointaker at Expo last year and am looking forward to getting mine once the new owners get everything sorted and production up an running. Melissa has assured me my deposit is safe safe with them and I am OK with that.

If you are on the fence about ordering a game, just wait. I believe they will be making them for quite a while once production starts so there is no reason to rush into it.

It's been said here and other threads a 1000 times about this and all new games, If there is any way possible, play one in the wild before buying. I played it at Expo back in October and knew I liked the theme, artwork, layout, and current state of game play enough to place a deposit only because I wanted a specific number LE. If I was looking to buy a SE I would have waited.

I know a lot of people can't make it to shows and might not end up with one on route/at a friend's house close enough to them to try before they buy. In that case I think all you can do is wait for a lot of them to be in the wild and watch as many videos and read as many reviews as you can to try and make an informed decision.

For the most part in our hobby, even if you do all the research and still don't like it once you get it, odds are when you sell it will be a few hundred dollar mistake not a few thousand.

Just my opinion.

#1130 6 years ago

Having played this, I predict this will be the game of 2017 (or 2018) and in the top 10 of all time.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from nephasth:

I've only gotten one of the blanket emails. I've requested a refund twice from the new guys, no direct response to my request.

Ditto

#1132 6 years ago

I can't seem to find that as an audit you can view
I looked a few times
Took some pics of the Scoring Audits though

With all the screen space, they really should display several of the audits/adjustments,etc grouped together (like JJP does). It made sense for games that only had a small dmd with very limited resolution but no reason to do that on HP games, even a game that has just the playfield monitor.

#1133 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

With all the screen space, they really should display several of the audits/adjustments,etc grouped together (like JJP does). It made sense for games that only had a small dmd with very limited resolution but no reason to do that on HP games, even a game that has just the playfield monitor.

Yes this is important stuff, can we please implement this with priority, even if it pushes the shipping back another two weeks?

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from RazerX:

IMO, the in-playfield monitor is pretty small to do a full screen list of all the audits/adjustments. This was considered early on and then abandoned. I agree, on the big screen it's no problem. I don't know how many people are playfield-only at this point.

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

IMO, the in-playfield monitor is pretty small to do a full screen list of all the audits/adjustments. This was considered early on and then abandoned. I agree, on the big screen it's no problem. I don't know how many people are playfield-only at this point.

They should plan for frames to fit the small screen , I'll probably go that route as will many others.

#1136 6 years ago

Ok, so then maybe not full on JJP style, but surely you could do more than one-offs and logically group them together (e.g. left, right and center drains all on one screen).

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

So I guess technically one L/E does exist then.

Well it's missing almost all the LE features, it looks like a standard game with beacon lights and some sharpie on the back of the game.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from bcd:

Clearly there needs to be an audit adjustment that controls how many audit/adjustments you see on a screen. Agree they could be logically grouped together also.

1 week later
#1139 6 years ago

"Hello Heighway Pinball Fans and a Happy Independence day to our American friends

We are pleased to provide our latest update.

We thank you for the new orders. They are very appreciated.

The new Management continues to work with the factory to prepare to ship Alien machines in July. This is our TOP priority. We have made huge progress in the transition in the last 10 days, much of it behind the scenes, and there is much still to do but plans are clear and new processes are bearing fruit.

Our main focus has been to order the parts to make the ordered machines, refine the machine with the US and Welsh based designers and work to take control of the financial aspects of dealing with suppliers and customers around the globe. While all of our newly invested funds are in the UK, banks and payments systems require careful checks and this aspect has been more time consuming than we would like. Refunding customers that need it will pick up in the coming days.

The production schedule draft has also progressed and is close to being finalised. We will contact you individually on this but we do not want to over promise and under deliver.

We are also working to update the website.

We thank you, our customers (and potential customers) for your patience and thank all our staff, contractors, distributors and suppliers for your hard work in enabling the turn around. We have much more to do but are encouraged.

Thank you all for your time and we will be in contact next week with another update from Heighway Pinball."

1 month later
#1140 6 years ago

Very exciting!

1 month later
#1141 6 years ago

Would be great if Heighway would rebirth my money.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Would be great if Heighway would rebirth my fucking money.

POTW

#1143 6 years ago
Quoted from billycrna:

Would be great if Heighway would rebirth my fucking money.

You might have to settle for the afterbirth

#1144 6 years ago

Any news to the updated website, a service manual or schematics?

Lots of games hitting the game rooms this week, going to be a fun weekend.

Looking forward to unboxing tomorrow evening.

#1146 6 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about playfield kits for Full Throttle early adopters?

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Has anyone heard anything about playfield kits for Full Throttle early adopters?

They'll get to those right after the refunds. Should he any day now...

#1148 6 years ago

A shipped game counts as plus 1 to me. This game is really looking nice and I am hoping this is a sign of continued progress... would like to see this make it all the way.

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from Russell:

Last conversation I had with Morgan was still working out the final version of the shipping crate for our kit for full throttle #2

#1150 6 years ago

Is new Heighway management going to do any new addressing on their website or status of things?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
9,999 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burnaby, BC
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 1,100.00
Lighting - Interactive
Evolution Mods
Interactive
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 810.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
There are 1,528 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 31.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rebirth-of-heighway-pinball/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.